Superman vs Sundown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Sundown-Sundown- Sundown drew on the energy of the sun, absorbing all heat and light. He has superhuman strength (potentially Class 100) and durability, and can fly at great speeds, fire potent energy bursts, grow to great size (at least 50 feet tall), heal from wounds almost instantly, and apparently teleport. His power limits are as yet unchecked, but even after first developing his powers, he could hold his own against the combined forces of the Avengers, Fantastic Four, and X-Men, plus a few others.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/sundowns.htm

golem370
bump

K3VIL
3 teams weren't able to stop him, why Supes should be able to?
Plus Sundown can just drain Superman.

MattDay
draining him is debatable as he would have turned the sunlight into energy to be superman, and that energy isn't sunlight, so superman could punch the 100 class douche bag into the heavens

Scoobless
Sundown had no weaknesses (but he did only appear in 2 comics) he took full force hits from Mjolnir and Dr Strange without flinching.... no-one even came close to stopping him until Spider-Man managed to calm him down by showing him a little girl he had accidentally crippled during an earlier fight (burned her arm off)

MattDay
he does have a weakness....superman 2guns

H. S. 6
Daaaaaamn!

I would actually give the majority to Sundown.

Arahan
Originally posted by Scoobless
Sundown had no weaknesses (but he did only appear in 2 comics) he took full force hits from Mjolnir and Dr Strange without flinching.... no-one even came close to stopping him until Spider-Man managed to calm him down by showing him a little girl he had accidentally crippled during an earlier fight (burned her arm off)

Which comic and issue was that?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by K3VIL
3 teams weren't able to stop him, why Supes should be able to?
Plus Sundown can just drain Superman.

I agree. The Avengers, Xmen, and Fan Four can beat Superman, add in dr. Strange and superman is toast. So if they can't beat Sundown, neither can superman.

Tassadar
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I agree. The Avengers, Xmen, and Fan Four can beat Superman, add in dr. Strange and superman is toast. So if they can't beat Sundown, neither can superman.

ABCDEFG roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sundown wins.

Sirius77
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl

How can these teams beat Superman? He can move planets, Fly through the sun, and fly at light speed. He's above class 100.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Sirius77
How can these teams beat Superman? He can move planets, Fly through the sun, and fly at light speed. He's above class 100.

You are so not serious are you? Thor by himself can stalemate Superman.

golem370
Dr Strange could kill Superman

Rols
Throw in Dr. Strange and his dead beat...
Anyhow i think the team kinda jobb on that issues..

MattDay
thor stalemated superman? with his face yea

doctorstrongbad
Sundown beats Superman. Why is it so hard for people to except that superman can lose?

Tassadar
Originally posted by Sirius77

On their own, the F4 or X-Men usually couldnt beat him without prep, but the Avengers crush him easily, Thor can gives Supes a run by himself. Dr. Strange would dispatch normal Supes quite easily by himself. He cant move planets anymore, the sun is his powersource (It shouldnt damage him anymore than a nuke should damage Godzilla, who feeds off of nuclear radiation and heat), and flying at light speed is useless since he rarely if ever does it during a fight against anything but an enemy he shouldnt beat regardless of how fast he can move.

bigbran
so basically, wolverine couldnt beat this guy?
what hope does supes have?

Mesirus
i'm gonna say superman becuase he can't die unless sundown has kryptonite, so he can't have his powers absorbed, so what stops superman just killin him before sundown knew he was in a fight?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.