Umm why do Bad guys fear batman and tell him stuff

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyber Ninja
I mean batman scares the crap out of people and they tell him everything but they all know he doiesn't kill confused So why don't they call his bluff eek!

NoFate007
That's what makes Joker the best villain he has. Joker calls his bluff all the time, and Batman never acts on it, so Joker messes with him by doing stuff like what he did to Gordon's wife, and Jason, and Barbara, and so forth. Joker's the man.

Cyber Ninja
My fav villians of all time are Joker,darksied,Lex,venom,

Cascador
Batman doesn't kill maybe, but he can still give you a hard time...he's pretty unpredictable, so that's maybe why they tell him things...they think he's crazy...can you blame them...He walks around in a bat suit to find crime...that's not really 100% sane....but then again...who is!

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by Cascador
Batman doesn't kill maybe, but he can still give you a hard time...he's pretty unpredictable, so that's maybe why they tell him things...they think he's crazy...can you blame them...He walks around in a bat suit to find crime...that's not really 100% sane....but then again...who is! laughing out loud

Knightfall93
cascador, is that a manip Spidey pic???

Cascador
off topic..yeah it is...It's from the new sony picture where they say spider-man's costume is black...it is manipulated so it looks a little more like the symbionte costume

Knightfall93
It's great!

WrathfulDwarf
It is basically one of the things that makes the legend of the Batman so fearful in the criminal minds of Gotham city. He doesn't kill...but fear can be more terrifying than death. Fear is one of Batman's strongest ally.

Any henchmen or thug in Gotham never again wants to face Batman. They know he won't kill them....but they most certainly know he will send to the Hospital for weeks or months after a confrontation.

Knightfall93
"Make them believe YOU are worse than death!"

Gregory
We know that Batman won't kill; the rogue's gallery, by this point, know that Batman won't kill. The every-day thug doesn't know much about him--urban legend, remember?--and when a psycopath in a bat suit is holding you over the edge of a ten-story building's roof, the fact that you can't remember hearing about said psychpath ever killing someone might not be all that comforting.

atharpina
Haha, yeah. Greg's amost got it. Batman isn't a psychopath by any stretch, but the nameless thugs aren't as intune to Batman's psyche as the rogues gallery may be. When it seems like he's going to hurt and/or kill them, they react accordingly.

Gregory
I don't think Batman's a psychopath; I was just describing it how the guy being dangled over the edge of the roof would see it.

atharpina
Oh yeah? I can see that. Sorry for the mix up.

braz
Originally posted by NoFate007
That's what makes Joker the best villain he has. Joker calls his bluff all the time, and Batman never acts on it, so Joker messes with him by doing stuff like what he did to Gordon's wife, and Jason, and Barbara, and so forth. Joker's the man.

hmm, except for the movie Batman with Michael Keaton wink

but as for the comics ya, i know what ur sayin, he does come out victorious and just keeps killin..

i hope this doesnt happen in the sequel to Batman Begins though sad

atharpina
Batman 89 Joker doesn't hardly count. For one thing, he was made from a very different approach. Secondly, he didn't even really know Batman. Comic book Joker has years of experience with Batman, which is what enables him to call the bluffs.

jeffrodini
There are far worse things than death...

Oh yeah, and has anyone read Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns??? He kills Joker in that... VERY GOOD READ. I got it a while back and loved it. Dark Knight Returns is another good one, and I gotta say... killing or not, Batman in those books... I can see why people would fear that guy.

Knightfall93
I HATE DKR's misportaryal of th Batman I invisage at least... and it's elseworlds anyway. Though I loved yr1...

Etrigan
Originally posted by jeffrodini
There are far worse things than death...

Oh yeah, and has anyone read Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns??? He kills Joker in that... VERY GOOD READ. I got it a while back and loved it. Dark Knight Returns is another good one, and I gotta say... killing or not, Batman in those books... I can see why people would fear that guy.

Christ! Why does everybody get that wrong? BATMAN DID NOT KILL JOKER! He paralyzed him, and then Joker did it even more himself and committed suicide.

Grrr...

I guess it's a Rorscach case.

Knightfall93
Look... I would have enjoyed DKR or at least, thought it was OK, if it didn't use batman... it would far better suit someone bad ass and lethal, maybe Rorschach (if he hadn't died) or Punisher...

Gregory
Originally posted by Etrigan
Christ! Why does everybody get that wrong? BATMAN DID NOT KILL JOKER! He paralyzed him, and then Joker did it even more himself and committed suicide.

Grrr...

Every time someone on the board makes this mistake, I correct them. It never does any good.

Knightfall93
He's a murderer in DKR!

Gregory
Admit it. You're not even reading our posts.

Etrigan
T.T Exactly. I have lost count of the number of times people don't listen when others tell them that Batman did NOT intend to kill Joker.

They must have read the book wrong. It's quite plain to see what happens. Joker's speech is a dead giveaway, people.

Knightfall93
OK... still, I think he was an evil bastard in it!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.