List things characters do that they shouldn't be able to do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyber Ninja
Batman is a target and even in the cartoons my god. In JLu last season Lex fused with briaiac shot beams and it knocke dout supes,WW,GL,HG, and everyone else but Batman dodged 1 beam then got smacked(Freaking supes and Gl couldn't dodge it but bats dodges one) when he gets smacked to the floor he should of died...the beam knocked out superman for crying out loud so I don't under stand this...yet he gets up at the same time as everyone else..ok flash dodged 2 beams then got hit.

Next is SPOILERRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr AHHH SPIOLERRR SPOILER and I don't know how to do the tag...this season Of JLU they have Bats Dodgeing Omega beams from a fused darkseid with brainiac almost godlike now, and Bats dropped kicked him and when he dodges his omega beam DS said you are the only person that ever dodged my beam...PFTTT. PS Superman goe sall out and doesnt hold back..check the clip in the superman respect thread in the superman section..I posted it thereSSPOILERRRRRRRRRRR ENDEDd

Ok, do not discuss what i said in here(about the spoiler) anyway, I saw Bats handing it to bane and Killer croc in the comics with no belt..he out muscled Killer croc once. Oh yeah and wolvie survived a nuke..spidey beat firelord and smacked quick sliver.

NoFate007
Superman shouldn't be able to be taken down by Toyman for God's sake.

Wonder Woman shouldn't be considered the most beautiful woman in the world, when some of the artists draw her to look like a trannie.

GLs shouldn't have ever been weak to the color yellow...I don't know what genius thought of that idea. Maybe next week Green Lantern will face his most dangerous foe: Captain Crayola.

Lex should be dead by now.

Doomsday should have some sort of a way to die for good. I'm tired of him being able to survive absolutely everything. They should kill him off for good with something huge.

grey fox
Originally posted by NoFate007
Superman shouldn't be able to be taken down by Toyman for God's sake.

Wonder Woman shouldn't be considered the most beautiful woman in the world, when some of the artists draw her to look like a trannie.

GLs shouldn't have ever been weak to the color yellow...I don't know what genius thought of that idea. Maybe next week Green Lantern will face his most dangerous foe: Captain Crayola.

Lex should be dead by now.

Doomsday should have some sort of a way to die for good. I'm tired of him being able to survive absolutely everything. They should kill him off for good with something huge.

Molecular dispersion ?

The Ion

It's color symbolism. I could go into depth but I won't unless I need to. big grin

Knightfall93
Go into depth and the yellow crap got a BS explanation, or so i heard...

Marcus4600
I propose another anti-superhuman nuke for DC comics.

Knightfall93
{Edited by DigiMark} Keep threats and bashing to a minimum. This forum, and you two *looks at Marcus and Knightfall* have shown up in the reports way too much lately, and I'm starting to tire of it. Learn to be more mature, or stop posting.

Marcus4600
Yeah, because that's what we call an attack on person, which can get you banned, you idiot.

TheKahn
Talk is space

Mindship
Stop with the moving of celestial bodies. Even if you have a trillion Justice Leaguers towing the moon, that's still trillions of tons per character. It's wwaaaaaayyyyyy over the top and simply not necessary.

Wonder Woman should Not be able to take punches from the likes of Superman, nor tolerate his heat vision, not if she still has to use her bracelets to deflect bullets (spare me the "demoralize opponents" and "blunt impact" nonsense: neither holds up, IMO, upon close examination). If you want her to have that kind of durability, then nix the bracelet-bullet thing.

Batman...where do I begin with Batman. Or Wolverine. Or Daredevil. Oh, never mind...too much to cover.

I wanna see Surfer stop tumbling from the sky with a "holy crap!" look on his face when his board is knocked out from under his feet. In fact, he should never fall. Keep him hovering if you don't wanna show him flying (hell, even Dr Doom could do that).

I wanna see Hulk stop gettin beat up everytime some writer wants to show how tough the New Guy on the Block can be. Hulk is Hulk, dammit!

Spiderwoman: spiders don't fly and they don't shoot electricity.

Why does Thor have all kinds of interdimensional and whatnot powers? What does any of that have to do with controlling the weather? He is a Thunder god, not a Spacetime god.

Get Martian Manhunter outta that Village People costume! No wonder there's no Respect Jonzz Jonzz thread (and if there is, why it's been forgotten).

I wanna see Hawkman/girl unambiguously outperform every other nonwinged character in aerial combat, especially those even remotely close to their power level. Otherwise, the Hawks are totally unnecessary characters.

(I know I'm listing a lot of "what characters should do but don't" instead of "what characters do but shouldn't," but I figure it's the same thing, only taken from the opposite direction.)

Lastly (for now at least) I don't ever, EVER again wanna see Galactus in shorts. Ever!

Knightfall93
Marcus, why can you call me an idiot when he warned you too?
And yeah, someone give Martian Manhunter a change of clothes... Dr Manhattan has a better dress sense than him (eg, his birthday suit) and I wanna see hawkman/ Girl having SEPARATE relationships...

Marcus4600
^ Then in the case of your grammar, he told me to call you an idiot. HOORAY! Happy Dance
mad You're English. Speak the darn language correctly!

I think Tony Stark should just come out one day, stand on the Avengers tower, and finally admit he's a man-whore.

Swanky-Tuna
That crap with Batman extends to Robin on teen titans. In the episode where there are the werewolves, the one wolf knocks Starfire out of the building but Robin not only holds his ground but pushes the werewolf back. I think he also meleed Raven's father.

It's like every episode. Even if they all get beat up, everyone goes down in 1 hit but Robin holds his own for a while then gets defeated. High tech robot? Nixed. Spellcaster that can move buildings? KO'd. High powered blaster girl? No dice. Shapeshifter? Noshifter. Boy with metal shoes? WINS THE DAY!

Originally posted by Knightfall93
Go into depth and the yellow crap got a BS explanation, or so i heard...
It's got a lot of explanations. One is that Parallax cause an impurity in the power battery and... something with fear...

The one I liked was it was like a block put on the Green Lanterns to keep them from going insane. Ineffectiveness against yellow and recharging I don't think are actually necessary but the limits keep the Lanterns mentally grounded.

Scoobless
Superman - Come back from the dead

smile

Fanboy
Originally posted by Marcus4600
I propose another anti-superhuman nuke for DC comics.

I propose an anti-Fanboy nuke for Wolverine8888 TonyStark and Marcus46000.

Scoobless
Fanboy wants an anti-fanboy nuke.... suicidal tendencies appear after joining KMC

no expression

NoFate007
Some more:

Superman shouldn't be able to alter time, ever, no matter what. PUNCHING SHOULD NOT BRING PEOPLE BACK TO LIFE.

The "insanely powerful god" characters should stop existing. Its ridiculous when you have "celestials, beyonder, galactus, eternity, infinity, death, spectre, toaa (the list goes on and on)".

Daredevil should never be able to hit Spider-Man.

Cassandra shouldn't be able to beat Bruce. The only person on the bat-team that should be able to top him should be Dick.

Krypto should never be able to exist. Its stupid enough that they made a supergirl and a superboy, did they really need a superdog? "Next week, Superman discovers ANOTHER leftover Kryptonian - his old pet iguana, Kryptoguana!"

Wolverine shouldn't ever be able to cut Magneto. He shouldn't get that close to the master of metal.

Thing and Colossus shouldn't be considered extreme powerhouses, unless they want to consistently be such. Stupid feats every so often make it just seem like the PIS that it really is. They are strong, yes. But they are not Hulk or Superman strong.

Jason Todd shouldn't have ever been brought back to life.

I'll throw some more in later.

Marcus4600
Originally posted by Scoobless
Fanboy wants an anti-fanboy nuke.... suicidal tendencies appear after joining KMC

no expression

Love how he calls me a fanboy because I don't like DC. Whatever roll eyes (sarcastic)

Another thing I think should happen is DC should stop increasing the powers of their superheroes, and enhance their stories instead. It would honestly draw many more readers in.

Draco69
Like Infinite Crisis and the millions of dollars its raking in comparision to Marvel?

Dude, DC comics isn't the Superfriends anymore. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Marcus4600
I wasn't really that impressed with IC. Actually, the numbers are that Marvel is in the top running, not DC. You may wanna check on that again. Also, from it's beginning, Marvel has won more awards than DC for their stories. It's theme of contrasting heroism was done well, but the theme has been done in comics before, over and over again. It's dry, and it's outdated. Just not my thing. Also, I don't like sequels to 15 year old stories.

Also, DC does have that habit. Their heroes start with a base set of powers, then every time there's a huge crisis, they get more powerful, and more powerful. Take a look at pre-crisis Superman. Post-crisis is undergoing the same thing. I just don't like it.

Draco69
I wasn't really that impressed with IC.

Of course not. You didn't even like Kingdom Come...

no

ctually, the numbers are that Marvel is in the top running, not DC. You may wanna check on that again.

No. DC is selling more typically because of the Infinite Crisis. Check your sources again.

Also, from it's beginning, Marvel has won more awards than DC for their stories.

Wrong again. DC has won more awards. Particularly due to the Watchmen series, the Vertigo series, Kingdom Come, The Dark Knight Returns, Superman Red Son, etc.

It's theme of contrasting heroism was done well, but the theme has been done in comics before, over and over again.

All themes are recurring. It's a fact of literature. Marvel is by no means immune to this. Spider-Man is suffering enormously because his writers are desperately trying to come up with fresh ideas. Like a Iron-Man costume with robot arms....

It's dry, and it's outdated. Just not my thing. Also, I don't like sequels to 15 year old stories.

Again. Themes are recurring. Marvel is by no means immune. See Wolverine take on the Hand....again. See the Hulk take on Thor...again. Magneto's bad, no now he's good, whoop's he's bad again....again.

Phoenix is back! I think. She died again? Oh well.

Both Marvel and DC suffer from stale ideas.

Also, DC does have that habit. Their heroes start with a base set of powers, then every time there's a huge crisis, they get more powerful, and more powerful. Take a look at pre-crisis Superman. Post-crisis is undergoing the same thing. I just don't like it.

This is your major problem. You say DC is overpowered based on the Big 7. Superman. Flash. Wonder Woman. Green Lantern. Etc.

Yet you don't complain about the ridiculously powerful Silver Surfer. Or Thor who got three upgrades in one year. Or Blackbolt who can kill anything just by saying a word. Or Beta Ray Bill who blows up planets in his spare time. Or Dr. Strange that took on friggin Eternity. Or the gaggle of cosmics that appear for less than a month than disappear.

And DC is overpowered despite the the hundreds of nameless cosmics running around Marvel?

Femi32
Originally posted by Draco69

no

No. DC is selling more typically because of the Infinite Crisis. Check your sources again.

Wrong again. DC has won more awards. Particularly due to the Watchmen series, the Vertigo series, Kingdom Come, The Dark Knight Returns, Superman Red Son, etc.

All themes are recurring. It's a fact of literature. Marvel is by no means immune to this. Spider-Man is suffering enormously because his writers are desperately trying to come up with fresh ideas. Like a Iron-Man costume with robot arms....

Again. Themes are recurring. Marvel is by no means immune. See Wolverine take on the Hand....again. See the Hulk take on Thor...again. Magneto's bad, no now he's good, whoop's he's bad again....again.

This is your major problem. You say DC is overpowered based on the Big 7. Superman. Flash. Wonder Woman. Green Lantern. Etc.

Yet you don't complain about the ridiculously powerful Silver Surfer. Or Thor who got three upgrades in one year. Or Blackbolt who can kill anything just by saying a word. Or Beta Ray Bill who blows up planets in his spare time. Or Dr. Strange that took on friggin Eternity. Or the gaggle of cosmics that appear for less than a month than disappear.

And DC is overpowered despite the the hundreds of nameless cosmics running around Marvel?

thumb up

kenobi
I do not think that Superman should do any of the things that he does. Period! I do not like how he is the strongest, plus fastest , plus the best at everything. He can be the strongest, but why does DC also have him be just as fast as the Flash. It makes the Flash unneccessary. Superman is the main example of how DC makes their characters too powerful. DC needs to show less favoritism to Superman. Marvel gives all of their characters respect and has them stand on their own. As you can see, I detest Superman.

pr1983
Originally posted by kenobi
I do not think that Superman should do any of the things that he does. Period! I do not like how he is the strongest, plus fastest , plus the best at everything. He can be the strongest, but why does DC also have him be just as fast as the Flash. It makes the Flash unneccessary. Superman is the main example of how DC makes their characters too powerful. DC needs to show less favoritism to Superman. Marvel gives all of their characters respect and has them stand on their own. As you can see, I detest Superman.

Flash is faster, when he wants to he leaves Superman for dust...

MM is arguably more powerful, same goes for Shazam...

DC imo is just as good if not better than Marvel story wise, and just as if not more realistic in terms of characterisation...

and how can anyone not like Kingdom Come?

Marcus4600
I didn't say that I didn't like Kingdom Come, did I? I thought it was brilliant! It's one of my top ten favorite comic stories. It's great because it acknowledges the fact that metahumans with that much power really aren't going to make the world THAT safe. In my opinion, it's an acknowledgement that the heroes of DC can be real jerks, and how uneasy would leaders would be in real life.

As for the cosmics, they're that powerful for a reason. It's mostly due to the fact that if they're ever turned on earth, how much of a threat they are. I don't read the cosmic stuff much, but I am looking forward to Annihilation. Civil War is gonna be good too. Here's the thing though. A lot of Marvel writers are complaining that we don't have good writers, when we do. Some people haven't read Supreme Power, The Ultimates, Alias, and many other more mature reads that are just fantastic. I say give it a year, and Marvel will be back to its amazing self, and we'll be out of this little funk.

Scoobless
Originally posted by pr1983
DC imo is just as good if not better than Marvel story wise, and just as if not more realistic in terms of characterisation...

I disagree with you there

pr1983
I didn't say that I didn't like Kingdom Come, did I? I thought it was brilliant! It's one of my top ten favorite comic stories. It's great because it acknowledges the fact that metahumans with that much power really aren't going to make the world THAT safe. In my opinion, it's an acknowledgement that the heroes of DC can be real jerks, and how uneasy would leaders would be in real life.

As for the cosmics, they're that powerful for a reason. It's mostly due to the fact that if they're ever turned on earth, how much of a threat they are. I don't read the cosmic stuff much, but I am looking forward to Annihilation. Civil War is gonna be good too. Here's the thing though. A lot of Marvel writers are complaining that we don't have good writers, when we do. Some people haven't read Supreme Power, The Ultimates, Alias, and many other more mature reads that are just fantastic. I say give it a year, and Marvel will be back to its amazing self, and we'll be out of this little funk.

Oh i agree marvel has some excellent titles, but the majority imo are rather poor... house of m was truly awful imo, yet ic seems to get better and better imo...

Originally posted by Scoobless
I disagree with you there

You're free to... having different opinions is a good thing... yes

Juntai
I don't like how inconstistant Marvel Earth citizens are. lol.
They love people who had strange accidents transform them into wierd creatures and beasts. They cheer SPiderman and Thing and the rest of the Fantastic Four. But they ****ing hate the x men! How dare those mutants exist! Kill them all!

Femi32
Originally posted by kenobi

What are you talking about blink?

Flash is faster than Superman. Flash can punch at the speed of light, steal anybody's speed, heal at lightspeed, create energy forcefields from the speed force, and run as fast as he wants without causing atmospheric disturbances. He even fought Zoom at faster than light speeds and Superman didn't notice them fighting. Superman can't go too fast without damaging something or heal at lightspeed. As you can see, there are things Flash can do that Superman cannot.

GL is more powerful than Superman. He can do anything such as willing planets together, contaning supernovas, create wormholes, armor, matter, you name it. He can do anything that is not limited by his will or imagination.

MM is more powerful than Superman. He has global telepathy, intangibility, invisibility, and can do anything Superman can do.

WW with the Godwave is also more powerful, especially with her gaunlets that can block multiple skyfather attacks.

Superman is not the best at everything, but overall, he is a force to be reckonned with.

Knightfall93
Originally posted by Draco69

no

And DC is overpowered despite the the hundreds of nameless cosmics running around Marvel? I love this woman!

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Knightfall93
I love this woman!

Ummmm....he's a guy

Oh and yes, Draco is my hero.

Marcus4600
and Knightfall called me gay.

Black Adam
and Knightfall called me gay.

Knightfall is a troll ignore him.

Marcus4600
Yup.

Anyway, I figured another one out. Wolverine should stop hitting on Mary Jane!

grey fox
Yup.

Anyway, I figured another one out. Wolverine should stop hitting on Mary Jane!

Why ?

Watching wolverine sail out of the windows of stark tower like some sort of hairy superman is hilarious....

Swanky-Tuna
Jason Todd shouldn't have ever been brought back to life.
They brought Jason Todd back to life? He had my favorite death of all deaths ever.

Marcus4600
Originally posted by grey fox
Why ?

Watching wolverine sail out of the windows of stark tower like some sort of hairy superman is hilarious....

That was cool. Didn't he say something to the tune of "punk can't take a joke"?

Sparkz
Originally posted by Juntai
I don't like how inconstistant Marvel Earth citizens are. lol.
They love people who had strange accidents transform them into wierd creatures and beasts. They cheer SPiderman and Thing and the rest of the Fantastic Four. But they ****ing hate the x men! How dare those mutants exist! Kill them all!

Erm Marvel earth never cheer spider-man actuly the only ppl they particuly cheer are avengers and FF every1 eles are either meh or not trusted.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.