One Year Later: Wonder Woman #1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69

The Ion
I noticed her emblem is a combo of Earth 2 WW's eagle logo and current WW's dual W. For what it's worth, Cassie is wearing the eagle emblem. I'm guessing a merger of both Diana's since ours is apparently a bloodthirsty hooligan.

Knightfall93
Quite possibly...

roughrider
I wish DC would update her look a bit more; the star-shorts look always looks American, which Diana isn't.

I'll keep promoting this Ultimate look for Diana, until they do it.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3783/1uwonderwomanwp800x600pzudcu1x.jpg

grey fox
Originally posted by roughrider
I wish DC would update her look a bit more; the star-shorts look always looks American, which Diana isn't.

I say they should **** the whole Dc universe and re-start it as ultimates , now THAT would kick ass.

willRules
Both those pics are really cool.............

Draco69
Originally posted by The Ion
I noticed her emblem is a combo of Earth 2 WW's eagle logo and current WW's dual W. For what it's worth, Cassie is wearing the eagle emblem. I'm guessing a merger of both Diana's since ours is apparently a bloodthirsty hooligan.

She's not a bloodthirsty hooligan. no

Jeez, she breaks one guy's neck and everyone's all over her. Did anybody say anything when Captain America broke a guy's neck? Noooo. mad

Sexist pigs! stick out tongue

Draco69

I agree they should get rid of the American look. She's Themyscrian Greek/Roman....

The Ion

If they're going to get rid of the panties they should just use a non-skimpy attire though. No sense going from panties to a small sheet covering her crotch.

The Ion
Originally posted by Draco69
She's not a bloodthirsty hooligan. no

Jeez, she breaks one guy's neck and everyone's all over her. Did anybody say anything when Captain America broke a guy's neck? Noooo. mad

Sexist pigs! stick out tongue
Don't worry. Superman is the real dick in that story. You'd think he come forward and defend his supposed best friend. Can't stain that S shield though. no

Draco69
I'm not really a fan of that outfit either. It's too skimpy and she needs a more armoured look. I DO like the remixed tiara and her weapons. THAT she should get.

Draco69
Don't worry. Superman is the real dick in that story. You'd think he come forward and defend his supposed best friend. Can't stain that S shield though. no

Especially after killing three, helpless, powerless Kryptonians stranded in another dimension on a deserted planet....

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindship
I'm not really a fan of that outfit either. It's too skimpy and she needs a more armoured look. I DO like the remixed tiara and her weapons. THAT she should get.

I concur.

While both pics are kinda cool, she really does need to 1) get away from that American Flag look (however cleverly mutated); 2) wear something less revealing and possibly more armored; and 3) a less silly moniker couldn't hurt. Of course, then she wouldn't be "Wonder Woman."

Unfortunately (IMO) she will always be a product of her time when she was created, trapped by our expectations which almost certainly have to include 1) something resembling the original costume; 2) the moniker; and 3) having to use bracelets to deflect bullets (yet she can take a punch from Superman or withstand his heat vision. Yeah, yeah, I've heard all that "larger surface area - blunt impact" rationalizing. The thing is, Superman can hit with so much freakin force, that the larger surface area of his fist can not compensate).

The Ion
I hear Joss Whedon is designing a costume with pants for the movie. Depending on how good it looks maybe they should borrow from that.

Draco69
I hear Joss Whedon is designing a costume with pants for the movie. Depending on how good it looks maybe they should borrow from that.

I'm extremely skeptical of it. TWICE they have messed up a DC character's costume (shudders at the thought of Catwoman) so I'm hoping he can do it.

But I definitely trust Joss Whedon. Anything he touches is gold.

Juntai
Wonder if they'll bring back her old weakness.
"Bound By Man" and all.
That was kinda sexy.

Draco69
Oh god. They better not. The Golden Age Wonder Woman comics was nothing but bondage stories. EVERY issue she somehow managed to get herself wrapped in her own damn lasso.

Xirius
Oh god. They better not. The Golden Age Wonder Woman comics was nothing but bondage stories. EVERY issue she somehow managed to get herself wrapped in her own damn lasso.

yes http://www.superdickery.com/bondage/1.html

TheKahn

You don't have to show as much skin for her to be attractive. Just look at Classic Rogue. Almost all of her body is covered but she still looks hot. Personally, I'd like to see her potrayed as with more of a warrior mind set. I mean she does come a different society with different morals and ethics. They have started to show that aspect of her more, but I think that they should take it farther.

roughrider

If it resembles the first Jim Lee version ( with Stan Lee), that would be a great look too.

If Diana needs more armour, she can always pull out the Golden Eagle suit.

SnakeEyes
Meh... I've never been a Wonder Woman fan and I don't think I ever will, so I don't really care what they do with her.

wuTa
i'd do her zorro

Khellendros
Hmm. I might actualy start reading Wonder Woman now. Anyways.. I disagree that she needs armor. She's got a decent level of invulnerability, and her superspeed + bracelets is actually a nifty idea for protection. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing a change from the borderline lingerie to something more... "normal".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.