Flash #1 (possible spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Huh. Is it me or does the new Flash look black?

http://www.newsarama.com/NYCC/DC/DCU/FLSCv1.jpg

The Ion
It's John Stewart.

Draco69
Tell me you're joking...

But he'll trip all the time or run into lamppost or something. He's not good a superheroin' no

The Ion
Well that would solve the problem of having too many Lanterns, plus he's reaching for that ring as if his life depends on it. stick out tongue

Seriously, imagine the uproar if Wally was replaced by Stewart. laughing out loud

TheKahn
Originally posted by The Ion
It's John Stewart.

Now that would be funny

redcaped
Are you the comic franchise?!

Khellendros
It's the Black Racer guy. The guy who ahd skis and was basically Death?? that would be awesome (IMO) if I'm right...

Avalonofthewind
Then he would REALLY be unbeatable...

Disappear
there IS a ring in the picture. i wonder...

morrison's already put dibs on the black racer's post-IC appearance in mister miracle #2. he's part of the life trap, as it seems. doesn't seem like flash material.

Khellendros
Originally posted by Disappear
there IS a ring in the picture. i wonder...
Holy crap, you're right...

Originally posted by Disappear
morrison's already put dibs on the black racer's post-IC appearance in mister miracle #2. he's part of the life trap, as it seems. doesn't seem like flash material.
Damnit.

grey fox
John stewart sucks , as someone earleir said , he can't superero to save his life.

Juntai
You guys are forgetting that Wally Wests' Flash costume pops out of a ring that looks exactly like that one. Provided he doesn't create himself one out of the speedforce that is.

Disappear
considering the above-mentioned mister miracle mini is the only DC comic i've purchased in the last ten years, i was only making a speculative guess as to some correlation between stewart and our anonymous speedster.

Juntai
Well, that looks like Wally, Wally's suit, and Wally's ring to me.
Maybe we won't see the new Flash until INSIDE the comic.

aton_ra
It's John Stewart.

John Stewart sucks, your hearing this from a negro.

DarkCrawler
*sigh*

I'm sure that his skin color doesn't have anything to do with his suckiness...

aton_ra
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
*sigh*

I'm sure that his skin color doesn't have anything to do with his suckiness...

yes I know that but not to give people the wrong idea.

roughrider
John Stweart is the best-dressed Green Lantern, at least.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/9751/1ugreenlanternwp800x600pzudcu7.jpg

jrodslam
Hey, im black as well and i think John sucks the most of all the Lanterns.

And c'mon roughrider. We all know the best dressed Lantern is Guy.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1088/interiorglcorpsrecharge11ex.th.jpg

roughrider
Guy and John are the two best. Better than Hal's outfit ever looked.

nigel45
I don't want to start something here, but I never liked Guy that much and I've always hated his costume. wink Kyle all the way.

As for Flash; that picture shows him emerging from some kind of hole or portal (speed-force? I'd put money on it). That would suggest that it's Wally, since Bart doesn't look anything like that. In fact, if they EVER want to use Bart as the main man, they need to put him into some major growth spurts soon.

He does look kinda dark, but what black guy would make any sense to all of a sudden be the Flash? B Racer is the only one that would even come close, and that wouldn't make much sense.

I wouldn't be that surprised if this new Flash was some crazy mix of Wally and Bart, like their brains got fused or something. I doubt that will be the case, but if it is, remember I called it. wink

The Ion
I dunno. Wally is never really drawn that muscular. He's more lean in build. Even though I'm sure Bart will be The Flash, that may not be him on the cover.

jrodslam
There was a time where Wally was time traveling and he saw ancestors or people who carried the Flash mantle. There was a black guy there as well. Ill try to find the pic.

Quick Freeze
Originally posted by Draco69
Huh. Is it me or does the new Flash look black?

http://www.newsarama.com/NYCC/DC/DCU/FLSCv1.jpg

he doesnt look black to me at all
it's wally with a lot of shadow because the light of the picture is behind him
awesome pic btw

nigel45
I dunno. Wally is never really drawn that muscular. He's more lean in build. Even though I'm sure Bart will be The Flash, that may not be him on the cover.

The picture doesn't make him look that muscular. He was drawn alot more muscular during the 90's wasn't he?

And jrodslam, if you find those pics please post them! I'll be honest, I sincerely doubt the Flash in this picture is black, but you never know.

jrodslam
Originally posted by nigel45
And jrodslam, if you find those pics please post them!

Dam. I dont know if its happening with anyone else, but most of the picture links in the flash respect thread arent working for me anymore. sad The pic im referring to is in there.

SnakeEyes
He definitely looks black.... Does anyone have a clue as to who that is?

jrodslam
Doesnt look black here. Unless someone else take the mantle after time.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7510/flashsketchcoloursmaller1aj.th.jpg

SnakeEyes
Yeah, he sure doesn't look black right there, but in the first picture, his facial features look quite a bit different.

Juntai
Still looks like Wally to me.
Here's a pic to compare to.

nigel45
I think his face just isn't getting much light since the explosion is behind him. The very left side of his face looks pretty white to me.

And I don't want to sound like a supremacist, but if they bring the Flash back as a black guy I'll be pretty dissapointed. Not because I think there shouldn't or couldn't be a black Flash, but because there's no precedence in the Flash lineage to support it. I know there's the black Flash that jrodslam brought up, but it's not like anythings ever been said about him.

But I guess it would be fine if they found a really good explanation for suddenly introducing him.

grey fox
Originally posted by nigel45
I know there's the black Flash that jrodslam brought up, but it's not like anythings ever been said about him.

it's more of an evolutionary thing then anything else....

nigel45
Originally posted by grey fox
it's more of an evolutionary thing then anything else....

Sorry, I dont get what you mean. Could you explain?

Blair Wind
Its Bart. Look at the eyes. Hes the only one with gold eyes (wallys are green right) its been hinted since forever, and some of the recent teen titans (the future arc) really hinted at it.

another post I made:
well its been hinted for like ever (like when his mom said, no one will ever forget The Flash and yes they said it with the bold and italics), so its all good.

compare:
http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flash2082ry.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flashsketchcoloursmaller1aj.jpg

The Ion
I'm thinking it will start with Wally and end with Bart. Issue #1 that is since they said the first Flash you see wouldn't be the final one. Plus DC has refused to give out Bart Allens's OYL codename.

Black Adam
So when does the new series start anyway?

The Ion
June

Dr.Fate
its wally just the lighting has his face covered in dark shadows and his mask is making his eyes that gold colour

Black Adam
June

awwwww......But i want it know!!!!

Black Adam
http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/dc/en/teaser.aspx

click on the flash on the right and read his card.

could it possibly be true?

King KAM
It probably isnt wally and is Bart, and.....John Stewart rocks, he might not be the best lantern, but he definatley f'ucks the baddest b'itches.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Black Adam
http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/dc/en/teaser.aspx

click on the flash on the right and read his card.

could it possibly be true?

I wouldn't doubt it.

DigiMark007
Renamed the thread. If it's indeed a new flash, some people might not want to know. erm

Grimm22
I think Dan Dido already confirmed that the Flash isnt black and that its just awkward coloring or somthin'

Not sure.

Validus
It's purposely colored that way to obscure the face though I think thats stupid. Not like we could tell the identity from the jaw.

eleveninches
It still isnt clear as to who is the flash. I thought it would be bart, but now hes given the outfit to jay, it could be him. One of the DCU creative team was quoted as saying that in OYL only ONE person would have the powers of the flash, and in JSA OYL jay stil has his flash powers, so that means it must be him

Juntai
Originally posted by Grimm22
I think Dan Dido already confirmed that the Flash isnt black and that its just awkward coloring or somthin'

Not sure. It's pretty dumb that he actually had to point that out.

S.S
Originally posted by eleveninches
It still isnt clear as to who is the flash. I thought it would be bart, but now hes given the outfit to jay, it could be him. One of the DCU creative team was quoted as saying that in OYL only ONE person would have the powers of the flash, and in JSA OYL jay stil has his flash powers, so that means it must be him
woot He's my favorite anyway so I wouldn't mind.....

King_Mungi
I thought it was said to be Bart as a Infinite Crisis preview website had two Flashes on the page and you scroll over it and it says his name.

Validus
Pretty sure it's still going to be Bart. Only reason he gave up the costume is because the Speedforce left him but the Flash writer said that's just temporary.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Validus
Pretty sure it's still going to be Bart. Only reason he gave up the costume is because the Speedforce left him but the Flash writer said that's just temporary.

I thought that as well.

eleveninches
well, hes still missing OYL, so that means that jay was the only flash during the year to OYL

aton_ra
Originally posted by eleveninches

Your wrong Jay himself said that his powers have nothing to do with the speed force, but that his metagene had become active.

grey fox
Originally posted by aton_ra
Your wrong Jay himself said that his powers have nothing to do with the speed force, but that his metagene had become active.

True , but most people connect the flashes with the speedforce , and it was said that Superspeed is usually only connected by the 'Speed-Force ' .

I'm not even sure HOW the hell SBP destroyed the speedforce.

Black Adam
six page flash preview

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Flash/01/Flash01_pre.html

well........

at least the arts nice. sad

Validus
What the hell? That dialogue is confusing as hell. Damn tv writers...

Black Adam
I'm still hopeful. the preview really isn't that impressive. but it is just a preview.

maybe the dialogue will get better as they go along. I'll give it 4 issues to impress me.

Validus
I read it again. It threw me because the narration switched from Jay to Barry without warning.

Oh well, we'll see how this goes.

Black Adam
i just noticed this..

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Flash/01/Flash01_05.htm

did proff.Zoom always have those red goggles on his mask?

I'm guessing it's Proff Zoom since Barry is the one who's talking.

Validus
I don't remember the Professor wearing goggles at all. Zoom's goggles were black.

Sea King
Originally posted by Juntai
You guys are forgetting that Wally Wests' Flash costume pops out of a ring that looks exactly like that one. Provided he doesn't create himself one out of the speedforce that is.

(im NOT saying its berry)

but you seem to be frogeting berrys pop'ed out of a ring also

Sea King
everyonne wants to see wally just like id like to see berry but the fact is wally is prob gone. he dissapered after ic helping save everybody. now people told me that bringing berry back would be a takeing away from his char because he was sucked into the speed force while saveing everybody now would that not be the same type of deal for wally?

Black Adam
Originally posted by Sea King
everyonne wants to see wally just like id like to see berry but the fact is wally is prob gone. he dissapered after ic helping save everybody. now people told me that bringing berry back would be a takeing away from his char because he was sucked into the speed force while saveing everybody now would that not be the same type of deal for wally?

Barry died a hero.

wally disappeared and is in retirement off screen. big difference

Sea King
Barry died a hero.

berry dident die

his whole body was sucked into the speed force he became one with it

Sea King
Barry died a hero.

so are you saying lets say vets that died in action are more of a hero then ones who came up missing???

Validus
Barry's "death" is an integral part of the Flash mythos. If he was brought back, they'd have to change the whole formula. Leave him dead, please. Not like DC hasn't buckled enough to the Silver Age fans.

Sea King
Barry's "death" is an integral part of the Flash mythos. If he was brought back, they'd have to change the whole formula. Leave him dead, please. Not like DC hasn't buckled enough to the Silver Age fans.

im not realy a silver age fan(i just like berry more then the other flashes) and im not saying he should come back im just saying wally has done almost the samething he dissapeared after he helped save the rest of them.

Sea King
i have the issue of berrys death and you can cearly see he turned into pure energy he was absorbed into the speed force

Black Adam
berry dident die

his whole body was sucked into the speed force he became one with it
It's Barry...... Is your A key not working?

Die...Gone into the speed force forever.... he still sacrificed himself to save those he loved.

Wally didn't get that. he got sucked up and then we hear from bart that he's okay.

If your going to ends a characters Run as a hero especially someone like Wally you should at least make him go out with a bang.

Black Adam
im not realy a silver age fan(i just like berry more then the other flashes) and im not saying he should come back im just saying wally has done almost the samething he dissapeared after he helped save the rest of them.

Wally just disappeared. he didn't get to help anyone..... bart and the rest did that.

Sea King
It's Barry...... Is your A key not working?

Die...Gone into the speed force forever.... he still sacrificed himself to save those he loved.

Wally didn't get that. he got sucked up and then we hear from bart that he's okay.

If your going to ends a characters Run as a hero especially someone like Wally you should at least make him go out with a bang.

well omg im just so sorry because i put an e instead of an a

Sea King
well in any case my dad thinks thatthey only lost their link to the speed force but he belives it to still existe

Black Adam
well in any case my dad thinks thatthey only lost their link to the speed force but he belives it to still existe

i think that to..

and your dad reads comics?

Sea King
i think that to..

and your dad reads comics?

sence before i knew him. thats were i got all 350 spider-man comics of mine and all the 12 cent gl comics. he had like five 12 cent gl comics

Sea King
he had the veary first giant size x-men comic its the frist apperence of a whole lot of the x-men

Juntai
i have the issue of berrys death and you can cearly see he turned into pure energy he was absorbed into the speed force He also popped out of the Speed Force during the Infinite Crisis against Superboy Prime...He was also seen a handful of times post Crisis..

Odd though, since Spectre saw Barry in Heaven.

Blair Wind
comes out today! Happy Dance

Validus
Well that sure was interesting.

http://img195.imageshack.us/my.php?image=224fj.jpg

Blair Wind
confused

whats it mean?

Validus
Originally posted by Blair Wind
confused

whats it mean?
It means somebody lied about the Speed Force being gone.

http://img323.imageshack.us/my.php?image=207wp.jpg

Sea King
well who is the new flash??

Blair Wind
I love the art.....whistle

seriously, care to explain what the drift of the issue was?

Validus
I love the art.....whistle

seriously, care to explain what the drift of the issue was?
Basically a look at how Bart is living his life. Star Labs has been trying to track him down to run some tests and figure out what happened to him and the Speed Force which he refuses to do. At the end of the issue, his new friend Griffen is in trouble so Bart taps the Speed Force. Jay Garrick seems pissed.

Draco69
Interesting image:

Who's the girl???

http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/713/713234/dc-in-september-20060619003044702.jpg

Validus
The same girl who was studying Bart in Flash #1. Valerie Perez.

Draco69
Jennifer Lopez?!

Wow. Bart's still a virgin and he got Ms. Loooooopezzzzzzzzz.

Good for him!

big grin

Validus
Valerie Perez to Jennifer Lopez is a hell of a stretch. laughing out loud

And Bart must be powerful as hell now. He has the whole Speed Force in his body.

Draco69
Great Hera! The ENTIRE Speed Force. And everyone thinks the bastard was gonna be depowered.

Jesus f'ing Christ. The poor Marvel fans are gonna be pissed in the Versus Forum. You can't really argue against this guy....especially now....

Do ya think they overpowered him now? Jesus. Wally would seem like paraplegic turtle compared to him....

Validus
If anything it just means he'll be an even bigger CIS-master than Wally was. Not even Zoom should be able to fight him now.

King_Mungi
Good issue, but he still doesn't have control over the speed force inside of him.

Blair Wind
eek2

I have to see this issue if thats the case........

Validus
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Good issue, but he still doesn't have control over the speed force inside of him.
True. Is it me or did it seem like Bart was flying for a sec when he busted through that wall? Might have just been a leap.

I would say this is like Kingdom Come Flash brought into the mainstream.

Lindquist
I won't give a crap about Bart until I know what happened to Wally. There are just way too many questions (starting with what really happened in all that Flash IC mumbo jumbo) for DC to answer before they start exploring Bart/the embodiment of the speed force. It feels like the "years" SBP spent in the Speed Force with Bart and Wally, Linda, and kids disappearing should have been covered in the IC story arc, maybe a special issue. Those are the stories I want to read, not how Bart can't pick up chicks or how S.T.A.R./new love interest wants to know how Bart aged.

Give me closure on Wally. mad

P.S.- I tried to post scans for this issue, but I guess I need to post more before I can link to imageshack. Whatever.

Lucid Lui
So the first issue was out this week?

Was it good? Spoilers?

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Lindquist
I won't give a crap about Bart until I know what happened to Wally. There are just way too many questions (starting with what really happened in all that Flash IC mumbo jumbo) for DC to answer before they start exploring Bart/the embodiment of the speed force. It feels like the "years" SBP spent in the Speed Force with Bart and Wally, Linda, and kids disappearing should have been covered in the IC story arc, maybe a special issue. Those are the stories I want to read, not how Bart can't pick up chicks or how S.T.A.R./new love interest wants to know how Bart aged.

P.S.- I tried to post scans for this issue, but I guess I need to post more before I can link to imageshack. Whatever.

youd be my hero big grin

after Val of course stick out tongue

Accel
If anything it just means he'll be an even bigger CIS-master than Wally was. Not even Zoom should be able to fight him now.
True. What do you want to bet that Superman will still be portrayed as being just slightly slower than him?

Black Adam
Originally posted by Lindquist

Welcome to KMC Lindquist .

and yeah I would like to have some closure for Wally as well.

HellMaster93
Damn... DAMN IT! I really wanted to see this ish...

Lindquist
Welcome to KMC Lindquist .

Thanks.

I was surprised the issue was so focused on Bart and two no-namers: Griffin and Valerie.

If the speed force is "trapped" inside of Bart, it'd be cool to see something like Barry communicating with Bart from the speed force in times of need. Giving tips and whatnot. I'd also like to see the speed force used a lot more to steal and give speed. I think that's an unexplored power that could produce some powerful results.

Blair Wind
Just read it. I love the art. Barry Allen did do something akin to that while Bart was dreaming, right?

HellMaster93
Great issue IMHo... I might well have a look at Issue 2 if possible...

Validus
Just read it. I love the art. Barry Allen did do something akin to that while Bart was dreaming, right?
Yeah, exactly. I definitely don't think that was just a plain nightmare.

HellMaster93
Rarely in fiction are nightmares jsut plain nightmares...

Validus
A valid point, Hellmaster. thumb up

HellMaster93
big grin When was the last time anyone from Harry potter to Superman had an insignificant dream?

Lindquist
This seems pretty insignificant, but we all know what Wally dreams about.

HellMaster93
Nice...?

Black Adam
Just read the issue. It wasn't that bad. Pretty average.

I'll stick around for another 4 issues to see if it gets better.

HellMaster93
Meh, I liked it... smile

grey fox
Scannage ?

HellMaster93
PM Lindquist re: scannage, GF... smile

Grimm22
This issue had some of the worst Flash writing i've ever seen no expression

Its sad to see such a great book die down sad

Lindquist
hmm, I wonder what this could be:

megaupload.com/?d=UZ8IDN8L

HellMaster93
I dunno... I'll look... big grin

Blair Wind
Originally posted by HellMaster93
Meh, I liked it... smile

same here

A.J
Originally posted by HellMaster93
PM Lindquist re: scannage, GF... smile you do realise you are the biggest scannage scab ever right

i dont get comics easly but i live with it or get them some other way

Black Adam
Originally posted by A.J
you do realise you are the biggest scannage scab ever right

i dont get comics easly but i live with it or get them some other way

pirate

eleveninches
So just WHO is the new flash? Is it jay or bart?

I know that bart is potentially the smartest of the flashes (grew up on virtual reality in the future, so knows all kind of future events).

Mr. Universe
{Edited by DigiMark}

Keep the recaist remarks down Mr. Universe. There's very few things I tolerate less.

Mr.V
What the f**k? WTF? "I hate blacks"? mad please tell me I am misinterpreting this or im pretty sure you'll regret saying that.

HellMaster93
Originally posted by A.J
you do realise you are the biggest scannage scab ever right

i dont get comics easly but i live with it or get them some other way roll eyes (sarcastic)

HellMaster93
Ahem... people, my official amends-maker mk1...

SCANS OF FLASH: THE FASTEST MAN ALIVE #1

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/431/flash1cover8fo.th.jpg
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8255/flash1p18nl.jpg
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7302/flash1p28so.jpg
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8900/flash1p34ex.jpg
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/329/flash1p47wu.jpg

Crap... Imageshack just screwed up! I'll do the rest later...

Mr.V
Nick, give credit where credit is due no expression and yes you know what im talking about. stick out tongue

HellMaster93
shifty Uhh... they're whatshisnames... thingummy-quist... big grin

Mr.V
But really, the dude puts time into scanning them and posting them etc. and you were willing to let people they were yours no expression im disapointed, very disapointed! stick out tongue

Mr. Universe
Originally posted by Mr. Universe
{Edited by DigiMark}

Keep the recaist remarks down Mr. Universe. There's very few things I tolerate less.

I'm black Digi. I was just effing around.

Darth Vicious
Just read the issue. It wasn't that bad. Pretty average.

I'll stick around for another 4 issues to see if it gets better.

I agrre. Ill stick for a few issues more, Im curious about the Speed Force. The artwork is pretty good too.

Black Adam

Validus
Second issue is out. Confirmation on a crazy power level for Bart.

marvelprince
Spoil for me please. Did Bart actually become the Flash yet?

Validus
Originally posted by marvelprince
Spoil for me please. Did Bart actually become the Flash yet?
Last page shows him in the costume.

Rewmac
Yeah but they should have upgraded the suit a bit. I mean I like it, but after a time it becomes boring a bit.

King_Mungi
Apparently Bart is faster than Wally and Barry combined.

Validus
Apparently Bart is faster than Wally and Barry combined.
He's faster than all previous Speed Force users put together. oh

Black Adam
Originally posted by Rewmac
Yeah but they should have upgraded the suit a bit. I mean I like it, but after a time it becomes boring a bit.

I like the it just fine. it's one of those costume you don't really need to change that much over time.

didn't read the issue yet but did they give bart a different belt? or is it just the same as wallys?

Rewmac
Well Wally saved 200 000 or more people out of a town in 0.00008 seconds. And brought them 25 miles away if I remember right. And Bart is faster. Now how fast can he be?

NiņoAraņa
it was half a mil, in .00000001 secs, 35 miles away.....shifty

Validus
I like the it just fine. it's one of those costume you don't really need to change that much over time.

didn't read the issue yet but did they give bart a different belt? or is it just the same as wallys?
It was weird. The suit is actually supposed to be Barry's with the straight belt but when Bart puts on the costume, the belt looks like Wally's. confused

Black Adam

thats..wow.

I really don't see captain cold and weather wizard giving him much trouble now......

marvelprince
I don't know if I like that. It makes it so hard for him to have any believable trouble with any villian since he's so amped up

Validus
Wally never had much believable trouble either outside of Zoom and Grodd.

The way Zoom solo'd the rogues in Rogue War is what Wally could have done anytime he wanted.

Skeets
Apparently Bart is faster than Wally and Barry combined. Originally posted by Validus
And yet he's going to get hit by Slade....no

Rewmac

NiņoAraņa
cant remember the issue number

marvelprince
Wally never had much believable trouble either outside of Zoom and Grodd.

The way Zoom solo'd the rogues in Rogue War is what Wally could have done anytime he wanted.

Good point, but now I'm gonna have an even harder time suspending my disbelief

Rewmac

Validus
JLA #88

Rewmac
Thanks.

Validus
It's in the respect thread.

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla89pg012jd.jpg
http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla89pg028eh.jpg

Rewmac
It's in the respect thread.

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla89pg012jd.jpg
http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla89pg028eh.jpg
He is incredible. SpeedForce is what drives their Speed right??? And what was that speedForce htey used on Superboy in Infinite Crisis?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>