Ulic Quel Droma versus Tott Doneeta, Cay Quel Droma and Oss Wilum

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Numan
Can Ulic beat these three jedi knights? Setting is in the temple training room on Coruscant. Also I was wondering, are there any examples of Ulic using his amulet and if so was it as powerful as Kun's.

Fishy
No way, Ulic hasn't shown to be highly superior to any of these people.. He'd die.

IKC
Except for the fact that these were your run-of-the-mill average jedi, right? And Ulic was a prodigy, right?

I think Ulic's got a damned good shot of winning.

tdtd
easily ulic

Faunus
Hardly easily, but it'd be a solid win, I think.

Fishy
Originally posted by IKC
Except for the fact that these were your run-of-the-mill average jedi, right? And Ulic was a prodigy, right?

I think Ulic's got a damned good shot of winning.

Except for being a prodigy what has he ever done that would make him beat three Jedi, two of which had the same training as him?

Numan
I think that the three jedi might pull it off. BTW what does Ulic's amulet do? Is its power comparable to Kun's amulet?

tdtd
Kun's Amulet is Sadow's Amulet so it has no equal.

Numan
So is Ulic's slightly weaker. Someone I think said it was Nadd's.

IKC
I'm fairly confident it's Nadd's, but I think Nadd got it from Sadow anyway.

However, Ulic's is worn about the neck. I don't think it shoots anything. We don't know what its properties are.

Numan
In that case I can't see Ulic pulling it off because he doesn't seem to grow much stronger throughout TOTJ.

IKC
Except he was easily the superior of all of these Jedi even though he doesn't seem to improve much. He has a damned good shot of winning, especially since Cay never wants to fight him.

Fishy
Right.. But emotions are going to count in VS fights now? In that case Kreia would never kill Revan, Vader would always lose from ROTJ Luke, etc. etc. etc.

If we create a fight we should not assume there emotions will play a role, unless they actually give them power like in Sion his case (without his emotions he would be dead). Cay in this case would just fight Ulic to his fullest, and although Cay is definitly worse then Ulic he still had the same training, just like Tott, add Oss and I think you have one dead Ulic.

IKC
True, the emotion point is moot, but Ulic is still far and above the superior of all these Jedi.

That and he used the Dark Side, giving himself an additional edge. I don't think these guys are tough enough to take him down.

Fishy
I don't know, I'm just saying there is nothing really saying that he will win. We could just as well flip a coin.

IKC
Honestly, which of these Jedi are known to be particularly good at combat? Cay certainly isn't. Dark-Side Oss got *****-slapped by Sylvar.

Fishy
Yeah he did, Sylvar also managed to scratch Exar his face... and Sylvar wasn't exactly peaceful at that time either. Cay hasn't shown many skills with a lightsaber, neither has Tott. But then when has Ulic? I'm not arguing that he isn't better then Cay, or Tott or Oss.. He is.. but by how much?

What evidence is there to suggest he could actually take them? What has he done thats really impressive?

IKC
Why do you always say "Sadow his" or "Exar his," anyway?

She scratched him because they were in close quarters, Exar taunted her, and she gave into the Dark Side. Exar was nowhere near his peak of power. Oss, however, was.

Given that Ulic was described as a master of the Lightsaber (along with Kun) during the duel at the end of DLotS, he can certainly take this trio.

Numan
Originally posted by IKC
True, the emotion point is moot, but Ulic is still far and above the superior of all these Jedi.

That and he used the Dark Side, giving himself an additional edge. I don't think these guys are tough enough to take him down.

The dark side didn't even give him much more of an edge. And he wasn't that much better than any of these jedi. They simply outnumber him.

Numan
Originally posted by IKC

That may be due to the fact that he is from the Netherlands.

IKC
Numbers usually mean squat in a fight. Did numbers help the Jedi that confronted Sidious? No. Why? Because 1 + 1 does not equal 2 in fights like this.

The Dark Side has been shown to give people an edge. The only reason Luke ever even came close to a legitimate win over Vader, for example, was because he gave in to the Dark Side momentarily.

Numan
You cannot use that example. That was due to the fact that Sidous was too damn incredible. I know that when jedi work together, they have to adjust slightly so they can work as a team, but more numbers is still better. I know it doesn't exactly mean you multiply how hard it would be by 3, but 3 jedi are still better than one. These three would also be able to work well together as they went on many missions together.

Fishy
Originally posted by IKC

She scratched him because they were in close quarters, Exar taunted her, and she gave into the Dark Side. Exar was nowhere near his peak of power. Oss, however, was.

Given that Ulic was described as a master of the Lightsaber (along with Kun) during the duel at the end of DLotS, he can certainly take this trio.

So what? Mace was described as a lightsaber Master, so was Obi Wan, so was Dooku, Anakin was too at a time, so was Malak, so was Revan, so was well pretty much every Jedi with a name.. Being described as a master with that weapon means jack shit.

And Exar at that time when he was scratched and by the time he fought Ulic has not visibly improved. You said in the other thread you couldn't be sure. So Sylvar making Oss run, when there were other Jedi there as well does not speak against Oss. Also its an assumption to make Oss had reached his limits. And yeah the Dark Side gives an edge because of anger, a controlled Dark Side user does not have an advantage over a light side user. And a controlled Dark Side user is far more effective then a angry one, in the long run.

Ulic would fight three people, two of which trained and fought together, and one that was a reasonable Jedi probably. I don't see any real reason to say he would take this.

Numan
Exactly.

IKC
Except everyone you mentioned actually were masters with the lightsaber. So how does it mean "jack shit?" Prove up.

Except she didn't make him run. She clocked him with a deactivated lightsaber even though he ambushed them with Dark Side beasts. Oss Wilum is a total puss, even when enveloped in the Dark Side.

Except we know jack shit about their combat abilities outside of Oss Wilum's crappy performance. Cay is never shown or said to be a particularly good fighter, nor is Tott. Why in the hell, then, would a very good fighter like Ulic lose to them, then?

Illustrious
Oss Wilum got schooled by Sylvar, who (as shown) was far and away worse than Ulic. Ulic saved his brother's ass in Freedon Nadd Uprising, was the only one that could penetrate Ommin's attack and take him out, was shown to stalemate Exar with a lightsaber, dominated Mandalore, and kicked major ass in the Beast Wars. If we're going by saber proficiency, he runs away with it. If we're going by the force, Ulic is one the described as a force prodigy, I see little evidence to suggest he isn't superior to any one of them in the force.

Again, the whole "let's pile on numbers thinking that they increase numerically" is BS. Ulic still takes this.

Numan
But Ulic was hardly better than Cay in that battle where he killed him. I'm not saying that you would multiply how difficult it would be for Ulic by 3, but more numbers are still harder to fend off.

IKC
He was hardly better? WTF? Where are you getting that?

Numan
He had to exert all of his power in to defeating him. Plus Cay was not trying to kill him. He wanted to save him from the darkness. Put it this way. Ulic would not have been able to defeat 2 Cays.

IKC
Uh, point to where he's "exerting all his power to defeat him." Cay wasn't even trying to defend himself, and he got his ass handed to him.

Ulic could have walked up nonchalantly to Cay and hacked his head off. You're pulling this "exerting all his power" thing out of thin air.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.