Who (or what) is God?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
Tell me, who or what is (your) God?

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath

I worship no god though I believe there are many dieties in exsistence I don't bow to any of them because in the end we aer all part of the universe which is what god is IMO

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
I worship no god though I believe there are many dieties in exsistence I don't bow to any of them because in the end we aer all part of the universe which is what god is IMO

Why should anyone worship anything?

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Why should anyone worship anything?

It's there choice not mine.

JacopeX
As a catholic, i say of course theres a god. I have been discovering good things happening lastely ever since the day us catholic peruvian seen the picture and prayed to "El senor de los milagros" and we were all blessed. I belive in my religion and im startin to study it myself.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
It's there choice not mine.

I believe that the universe and more is God but I do not worship this God because God is not concerned with my worship.

lil bitchiness
I can't decide between ''The natural world; existence in all its complexity'' and ''Krishna'' options.

AOR

My God is Love....

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I can't decide between ''The natural world; existence in all its complexity'' and ''Krishna'' options.

Wouldn't Krishna be included in The natural world; existence in all its complexity?

leonheartmm
im god.

JacopeX
God is an excistence and he is powerful almighty. No one and nothin is god period.

AOR
Not even Jesus?

Mindship
"Who (or what) is God?" is, IMO, an impossible question to answer without metaphor because "God" is that infinitely infinite, that ineffably ineffable, that unimaginably unimaginable.

And then some.

That said stick out tongue my favorite metaphor is God as Dreamer-and-Dream.

JacopeX
God= Jehova

I pray to Jehova

debbiejo
Jesus told us how we can be connected with god.........to emphasise the powers we also have (mustard seed"...........)..............God is something so outside of religions...and the word god gives it a really bad stigma..............It's just what is and what we are and even what we could be if only people could realize what they really are in the whole scheme of things..........

JacopeX
you could always call him by his real name, Jehova

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by JacopeX
you could always call him by his real name, Jehova

OR...you could get it right and call Him by his REAL name, Yahweh stick out tongue

JacopeX
OR...you could get it right and call Him by his REAL name, Yahweh stick out tongue Wut religion are you and if dont have one, who did you learn that gods name is yahweh?

debbiejo
God doesn't have a real name.......If you are looking to scripture it is the "EL' which only means..." I am, or I am what is and or I am creating or creating force".......Something which is just is.......a force...nothing more. Like verbs adding onto it....The add on to the name gives it a male or female meaning because Hebrew had no male/female unlike Spanish,french, Portuguese, English...etc...we all have nouns that state it so...........but not Hebrew...

soleran30
What is God?

Man's fine creative process at work and put to paper.

grey fox
God is defined as an all knowing , all seeing being.

If we go by that definition then man is god as we have the potential to do anything (given enough time) and see everything (again given time)

debbiejo
Originally posted by soleran30
What is God?

Man's fine creative process at work and put to paper. Could never be fully put on paper.............Thought maybe it was tried up before before it was manipulated........the thoughts of what might of been true...ie...Jesus, but it was manipulated...but the truth is still there...the truth about loving one another........God is, to me, something thats still communicates with me.........always.......and I am not alone!!!!

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by JacopeX
Wut religion are you and if dont have one, who did you learn that gods name is yahweh?

From the jews the creators of the religion, yahweh is the name of the covenent also.

leonheartmm
a bored little kid granted near omnipotent power. a senseless kid with an antfarm.

lil bitchiness
Wouldn't Krishna be included in The natural world; existence in all its complexity?

Could be - depending from which side you are looking at things. From Hindu perspective the above would be correct, but from Pagan perspective, not so much.

apoc001
I believe that he's an all-powerful being with a physical body of flesh and bone (remember, God created us in his own image), and that the Holy Ghost and Jesus Christ are separate entities. I also believe that saying that man is God is prideful and that every man needs God in his life. As for God's name, I understand that many religions call him by the name Jehova, but also keep in mind that during the prayer of Gethsemane, Jesus called him Elohim.

Ogami Itto
I Don't believe in God! i think if you're going to worship something it may as well be the Sun or the Earth, as they are, as far as I can see, the very reasons we exist. You can claim God created THEM but you can't prove it anymore than you can prove a big bang created them.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Ogami Itto
I Don't believe in God! i think if you're going to worship something it may as well be the Sun or the Earth, as they are, as far as I can see, the very reasons we exist. You can claim God created THEM but you can't prove it anymore than you can prove a big bang created them.

I agree with you to a point. I believe in God but I do not worship God. Worshiping is a waist of time. I live my life that I have, If I am to thank God, wouldn't that be the best way?

debbiejo
Originally posted by soleran30
What is God?

Man's fine creative process at work and put to paper. What is god...........everything that is, everything that was, including all of us, because we are made in gods image....we are special in that way.

Ogami Itto
If u can reach a state of peace with the world through believing in God then go for it i say !! Although i don't believe in God i do have a sneaky suspicion there is SOMETHING bigger behind all this "life" business.

Shakyamunison
If u can reach a state of peace with the world through believing in God then go for it i say !! Although i don't believe in God i do have a sneaky suspicion there is SOMETHING bigger behind all this "life" business.

And you say you don't believe in God. roll eyes (sarcastic) What I am talking about is not the Christian god, I'm talking about that "SOMETHING bigger behind all this "life" business". stick out tongue

Ogami Itto
ok stick out tongue i don't believe any religion that i've came across. whats this God your on about then?

Shakyamunison

Ogami Itto
well that sounds good to me!i agree

Shakyamunison
well that sounds good to me!i agree

Now you can tell people that you believe in God (and use the cap version) and watch them turn green sick when you tell them what God is like. eek! laughing

leonheartmm
god is the insanity that inhibits all minds from birth till death.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by leonheartmm
god is the insanity that inhibits all minds from birth till death.

No... that's just you... laughing

finti
hmmm none of the above should been an option

leonheartmm
No... that's just you... laughing

ooooh im god. FANTASTIC, now i can screw with the world smile .

debbiejo
Aren't we all doing that already....??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.