Usb

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lörd Sorgo
Okay, I've tried everything so I'm coming here.

I've plugged in my MP3 Player, PC Controller and my Printer and my Computer isn't registering any of them on my Computer.

They're all USB and they aren't working. Can anyone help me?

TOH
1) Operating System?
2) Have you checked if your USB ports are ok?
3)Is it USB 2.0?

Lörd Sorgo
Originally posted by TOH
1) Operating System?
2) Have you checked if your USB ports are ok?
3)Is it USB 2.0?
1) WinXP
2) Apparently, my Ports are operational but they aren't registering anything I plug into them! My MP3 Player is an example.
3) Yes.

Koala MeatPie
Hum, intresting. mp3 Player you say?

Printer You say?

Same problem you say?

Start by Installing the drivers.

Lörd Sorgo
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
Hum, intresting. mp3 Player you say?

Printer You say?

Same problem you say?

Start by Installing the drivers.

Already did, Koala.

It's just not registering.

It's acting as if it isn't plugged in, when it is!

DE Calvin
Did you go to control panel, and then to add new hardware?...BTW happy birthday Sorgo.

Koala MeatPie
Oh right, If you unplugged and replugged in a Different port, it will give you that error, It killed me a few times before.

Especially for printers.

Lana
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
Oh right, If you unplugged and replugged in a Different port, it will give you that error, It killed me a few times before.

Especially for printers.

I've never gotten that error before and with my laptop, my USB ports are all I use for my mouse, my camera, and my iPod....and I always plug them into different ports.

Lörd Sorgo
Okay, I plugged it out of the Port in the front of my PC and tried to plug it into one in the back and this nice little message popped up.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d7/shadowtheninja/screen.jpg

Lörd Sorgo
Okay... Damn.... Wasn't expecting it to be that small.

It basically says it doesn't recognize the USB Device and that the device has malfunctioned.

So there is something wrong with my Printer, Controller and MP3 Player?

Nope. My MP3 Works fine, which is proof that there is something else going down.

DE Calvin
Originally posted by DE Calvin
Did you go to control panel, and then to add new hardware?...BTW happy birthday Sorgo.

Lörd Sorgo
The ports in the back seemed f*cked but the one in the front is recognizing my USB 2.0 Hub and the MP3 Player, but it isn't recognizing shit on it's end.

Lana
I get that message sometimes when my one port decides to not recognize my mouse....it's something with the port.

I don't know how to fix it though, I just don't use that one erm

DE Calvin
Go to the control panel, add new hardware, and scan for hardware or something like that.

Lana
Go to the control panel, add new hardware, and scan for hardware or something like that.

Yeah, but that doesn't help any if it's a problem with the port itself....

Lörd Sorgo
Originally posted by Lana
Yeah, but that doesn't help any if it's a problem with the port itself.... It should say it's malfunctioned but it's saying everything is good.

The front port on my PC may be working. My MP3 Player recognizes it but my computer is like "Nope, nothing plugged in."

Lana

DE Calvin

Lana
Did you do what i said?

Installing the drivers does the exact same thing....which he said he did already.

DE Calvin
He never said the drivers weren't working...

Lana
KMP said to try installing the drivers again and Sorgo said he did already.

Lörd Sorgo
Did you do what i said?

It's the first thing I did.

Anyways, I'm trying to update my computer to the fullest extent with Windows Updates and such.

It might work after I update.

DE Calvin
ninja

Lörd Sorgo
Still isn't working.

Shit!

Spidervlad
I installed my Internet USB on my 2nd comp with it plugged into the front, now if I plug into the back, it won't recognise it... However, it does recognise my Ipod and my printer when I plug them into the back ports. I don't know the solution however.

TOH
I get that message sometimes when my one port decides to not recognize my mouse....it's something with the port.

I don't know how to fix it though, I just don't use that one erm
Use an USB hub eek!

TOH
It seems to me that the ports are the problem...
Do u use XP SP1 SP2 or no SP?

Koala MeatPie
KMP said to try installing the drivers again and Sorgo said he did already.

Thats not exactly true, I said to install the Drivers Periode.
But this statement does not help the thread.

Lana
I was replying to someone else who didn't notice/pay attention to that.

Lörd Sorgo
Originally posted by TOH
It seems to me that the ports are the problem...
Do u use XP SP1 SP2 or no SP?

I have SP2 Installed.

TOH

Lörd Sorgo
Originally posted by TOH
Hummm..some time ago I heard something about some imcompatibilities between SP2 and USB devices..
Go to My Computer/Hardware/Device Manager/USB Controllers & choose the 1st USB. Then right click, choose Properties & Update Driver..

I downloaded SP2 BECAUSE My ports were not working.

TOH

Hit_and_Miss
Unplug all USB devices...
Turn off the computer, Turn it back on...
Turn it off again, Turn it back on...
then plug them back in...

In the device manager do the ports show any conflicts? Have the drivers for the ports been updated recently?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.