Tournament Finals: Lana Vs. Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007
*cue dramatic music*

Participants: Ken and Lana.

Judges:
#1 The honorable DigiMark
#2 The venerable H.S.6
#3 The questionable TOH

Renders:
#1 http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1139674120207945jh.png
#2 http://img158.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mega30ec.png
#3 http://www.render-world.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=11&pos=94

Criteria:

1. A signature that is under KMC limits (450x150 and 30KB) based upon one of the renders. You may choose either render.

B. An avatar that matches thematically with the first signature. It does not have to include the render, but must match the theme and/or style. Size limits are 100x100 and 15KB.

III. Another signature based upon one of the renders (whichever render is not used with the first signature must be used for this one). Dimension limits are doubled to 900x300. File size limit is 500KB, so that the entries can be more complex.

Deadline: This is Tuesday the 28th. By the end of Tuesday March 7 (Eastern US Time) all three entries must be in. This gives you a little bit over one week to complete everything.

Each judge gets 1 vote. Whoever they think has "won" 2 or more of the categories will get their vote. And each participants smaller sig will compete against the others' smaller sig (and likewise with the larger) even if you used different renders for each. You must get at least 2 judge votes to win. If there are any other questions, or things I failed to clarify, please feel free to post here or PM me.

Congratulations to you both so far. Good luck and have fun!

-DM

Lana
*grumbles at renders*

**Gen_Thorin**
Deadline: This is Tuesday the 28th. By the end of Tuesday Feb. 7 (Eastern US Time) all three entries must be in. This gives you a little bit over one week to complete everything.

Don't you mean, March 7th

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Lana
*grumbles at renders*

Sorry there....I tried to avoid the cute girl renders, and everything else out there is pretty game-oriented. But I figured you wouldn't mind the Megaman render as much....and the other one's just been sitting on my hard drive long enough that it was annoying me and I felt the need to use it.

I'm sure you'll be fine though. smile

PS. Yeah, thanks Thorin...I'll change it.

Lana
Meh, neither will be ones I'll be able to easily work with, but I know Ken will have no problem with the first stick out tongue

DigiMark007
Meh, neither will be ones I'll be able to easily work with, but I know Ken will have no problem with the first stick out tongue

Consider it a challenge then. smile Though sorry if I handicapped you at all.

TOH
Questionable? confused

KENobi™
Hmm...to make this more even...I vote we change 1 render to a girly one, so Lana and I are both on equal footing.

H. S. 6

Barker
Originally posted by DigiMark007

Each judge gets 1 vote. Whoever they think has "won" 2 or more of the categories will get their vote. And each participants smaller sig will compete against the others' smaller sig (and likewise with the larger) even if you used different renders for each. You must get at least 2 judge votes to win. If there are any other questions, or things I failed to clarify, please feel free to post here or PM me.
What the f**k?

That is all. no expression

Lana

Cyber Ninja
http://www.cgmill.com/ss/realtime/20050709_spygirl_01.jpg shifty

KENobi™
Originally posted by Cyber Ninja
http://www.cgmill.com/ss/realtime/20050709_spygirl_01.jpg shifty

laughing She's got polygonal boobs. laughing

Cyber Ninja

TOH
polygonal... droolio

Spidervlad
Your point Kenobi? stick out tongue, Not all woman are perfect stick out tongue

I've been looking for that Soul Reaver render for ages! It's time to make siggy!

KENobi™
eek! Wouldn't that be a good render to use shifty

Not exactly. no expression The "render" (it's not a real render) is from a game with graphics which could be better, resulting in a not-so-smooth and blocky image.

Cyber Ninja

Spidervlad
I rerendered the Soul Reaver render to cut off the cape and part of his scarf, cause it didn't really look good on a sig.

Cyber Ninja
Bah if Ken and Lana doesn' like this one I will jump off a cliff http://yoshi.2yr.net/pics/mario-party-render-yoshi.jpg

Lana
Originally posted by Spidervlad
I rerendered the Soul Reaver render to cut off the cape and part of his scarf, cause it didn't really look good on a sig.

That's nice, but as it really doesn't have anything to do with this, why did you post it in this thread?

I haven't been too strict with the "don't post in duel threads" but I'd really like the tourney threads to stay clean.

CN - link doesn't work....and it's not a render anyways.

Cyber Ninja
Oman it was yoshi doing something cute with a crayon.

Lana
Bleh....cartoony renders....can't stand them, really. They're too hard to work with.

KENobi™
Oman it was yoshi doing something cute with a crayon.

You fail.

LANA - FLAWLESS VICTORY

FINISH HIM!

Lana

Cyber Ninja
Bleh....cartoony renders....can't stand them, really. They're too hard to work with. It was a 3d Yoshi embarrasment

And ken mad stop trying to kill me.

Cyber Ninja
*kicks repeatedly in the head*

evillaugh Bicycle kick msn-oh

TOH
*kicks repeatedly in the head*

evillaugh
*Narrator's voice*

OUTSTANDING!

KENobi™
*little guy popping up in the corner*

WHOOPTY!

Cyber Ninja

DigiMark007
Cyber, why post renders when you aren't judging??

I'll find a new one. Between this and the mess in the consolation match, I just want this to end really.

DigiMark007
Right...so here we go.

http://www.render-world.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=11&pos=94

I think she's cute as hell.

We won't eliminate either of the original two. This will just be added as a possibility. So 2 of the 3 renders will eventually be used. All other criteria stays the same.

Thanks to Lana and Ken for agreeing to this....and sorry for any frustration.

Lana
Cuuuuute! eek!

I'll edit it into the first post.

Cyber Ninja
Right...so here we go.

http://www.render-world.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=11&pos=94

I think she's cute as hell.

We won't eliminate either of the original two. This will just be added as a possibility. So 2 of the 3 renders will eventually be used. All other criteria stays the same.

Thanks to Lana and Ken for agreeing to this....and sorry for any frustration. How dare you question my authority you foolish mortal shifty

newjak86
Two of my favorite people going at in a cut throat ruthless battle I love it big grin

KENobi™
I've finished 1 of my images for this duel.

I chose the larger of the signatures, using the Soul Reaver render. Lana's already seen a rough version of it, but not the finished version. I was working on it from 7pm last night to about 2am this morning...then noticed some imperfections and worked on fixing them until about 3am.

Lana
I've got my small one mostly done, and a rough draft of my big one (which Ken's seen) finished. Both now just need some touching up and tweaking (the big one mostly, the small one I want to just do some color tweaking and such on it).

Last night Ken and I were talking about how weird everyone would find the fact that not only we've seen each other's entries, but that we've given each other help and advice on them....laughing out loud

DigiMark007
I've got my small one mostly done, and a rough draft of my big one (which Ken's seen) finished. Both now just need some touching up and tweaking (the big one mostly, the small one I want to just do some color tweaking and such on it).

Last night Ken and I were talking about how weird everyone would find the fact that not only we've seen each other's entries, but that we've given each other help and advice on them....laughing out loud

Yeah, kinda takes the cutthroat competition aspect out of it. stick out tongue

But whatever helps I suppose....I'm just glad we worked out the render situation...I'm looking forward to the entries.

Lana
We're both doing completely different things so it's not like we're going to influence each other stick out tongue

Nearly done with both of mine.

Cyber Ninja
Maybe they are giving each other bad advice to ruin there sigs evil face

KENobi™
1. KMC Limits Signature
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/675/megaman3ad.gif

2. Matching Avatar, KMC Limits
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/9822/megaavy6fj.jpg

3. Extra Large Signature (Best viewed in Firefox and on KMC Black for full effect)
http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/8044/soulreavertourney5ip.png

INCLUDED:

Screenshot of the Extra Large in Firefox/KMC Black for those with Internet Explorer.
http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/2953/showoff7xe.th.jpg

DarkWizard
Those....are...feckin.....SEXY

Lana
KMC Limits Sig:
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/2859/duelfinals14qg.jpg

Avvy:
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/677/duel1avvy0ii.gif

Large Sig:
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/7172/duelfinals28yl.gif

DE Calvin

taft
im glad im not judging

DE Calvin
I loove yours Lana, But I like Ken's a tiny bit more. But I think you are more deserving. bunny

KENobi™
Originally posted by DE Calvin
I loove yours Lana, But I like Ken's a tiny bit more. But I think you are more deserving. bunny

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Lana
I concur.....

DE Calvin
Grrr...Damn me and my unclearness!

Barker
I'd give my Opinion, but I don't want to be classified as DE as Been. erm

Lana
Well, about my entry....I'm not ever trying anything like I did for the animation for my large sig again. That was the biggest pain in the ass EVER.

DE Calvin
Originally posted by Barker
I'd give my Opinion, but I don't want to be classified as DE as Been. erm
HUH?

KENobi™
I think he meant: "classified as DE has been." or something.

DE Calvin
How am I classified?

Barker
..... Yeah

Lana
How am I classified?

As not making sense?

DE Calvin
Classified as a Ninja?

ninja

KENobi™
Classified as a Ninja?

Self proclaimed ninja that sucks at ninja....ing. stick out tongue

Lana

DE Calvin
You guys are mean.

ninja

KENobi™
I'm a better ninja ninja

laughing out loud stick out tongue

I'm a chubby, clumsy oaf with no training and I'm a better ninja than DE.

DE Calvin
You guys are sooo just jealous.

Lana

Jealous of what? stick out tongue

DE Calvin
My Ninja skills.

KENobi™

I don't know what Lana's jealous for, but I'm jealous you're not kissing my ass as much as you're buried in hers.

DE Calvin
She said i more or less needed to lighten up, so i am.

~Mitsurugi~

DE Calvin
We make sigs, And I kiss Lana's butt, thats pretty much it ninja

TOH

KENobi™
Originally posted by ~Mitsurugi~
laughing

oohh so much goes on with you sig makers, it hilarious.

huh Twas joking...

Originally posted by TOH
*Italian accent*

Should I give a pair of concrete shoes to the boy, chief?
http://www.iwdn.net/images/smilies/paul_h_style/icon_mafia.gif

Sure, just don't let him have a Red Bull, they give you wings you know.

DE Calvin
Red Balls....Cocaine in a can!

KENobi™
Red Balls....Cocaine in a can!

Ya, DE likes to chug the Red Balls.

TOH

Mišt
I'd hate to be the ones judging...

Lana

KENobi™
laughing

Typo? Or Freudian slip?

I vote Freudian Typo.

I mean A and U are far away on the keyboard.

TOH

KENobi™
Originally posted by TOH
me too!

Hahahaha. no expression

DE Calvin
*Eats norton disk to scan his subconcious*

Lana

DE Calvin
*Eats norton disk to scan his subconcious*
Or just to rid the world of another useless norton program.

KENobi™
: ?

My "|" key got stuck and I didn't notice until after I sent...then I went to edit and "there was a problem processing my request" and had to Manually Edit instead of Quick Edit.

Lana

TOH

Lana
Originally posted by TOH
kirby_kiss

Kirby!!! eek!

DE Calvin
ninja

KENobi™
I figured as much....just felt like pointing that out stick out tongue

I'm bored.

B!tch. schmoll

TOH
Kirby!!! eek!
Now Kirby is cooking cook_kirby

Lana

newjak86
Nice job Lana and Ken wink

DigiMark007
Wow. Nice stuff. I'll judge my 1/3 of the judging soon.....but stand-up job, both of you.

Akira San
Wow, really great job guys! wink

H. S. 6
Great job, both of you. thumb up

But now I'll have to do my third of the painful judging... cry

ShinobiRikari
-staring- i'd hate to go up against either of you in the future.

DigiMark007
I'm going to judge first and get the ball rolling...

First off, let me say that normally I can do a +'s and -'s for duels when I judge. But I can't find a whole lot I dislike about any of it (there's a couple things though)....so most of it will be discussion of strong points and a final decision.

I. KMC Limits Sig
Ken - Megaman render looks sexy, cool color scheme, vibrant and energetic background. Text matches tech theme.
Lana - The quote and text are sexy as hell, cool background, render blends nicely with BG.

Winner: Lana (can't point to a definitive reason for this one since they were both awesome...I just ended up liking hers better).

II. Avatar
Ken - Matches nicely, cool megaman image to go with it, once again vibrant background.
Lana - I can't shake the idea that it's just a cropped version of the sig (with the two white lines added and a slight fade effect). It looks fine, don't get me wrong...it just doesn't seem terribly original

Winner: Ken

III. Large Signature
Ken - Render looks amazingly majestic, the text is sweet, cool and appropriate transparency, the swirling flame-light-thingies are cool, but it looks like it's supposed to wrap around behind his head but it shows up a little across his face, looks slightly better with the black background but that didn't really affect anything.
Lana - Nice transparency, text and background are pretty and match accordingly with the sig, the wink...which just makes her seem even cuter than she is already and is an impressive bit of animation.

Winner: Ken. Both were great, but Ken's just had that transcendant quality that steals your breathe away when you look at it the first time (for me at least).

Overall Winner (and the person who gets my vote): KENobi.

Congrats Ken...but you still need one of the remaining two judge votes to win the match. And to Lana, amazing job as well...whichever of the two of you goes on to win is completely deserving.

-DM smile

KENobi™
but it looks like it's supposed to wrap around behind his head but it shows up a little across his face

Actually, I noticed that just today, and went to check the PSD and it's not. I looked at the render again and there is a shine mark on his face and I placed the swirls there without realizing it. laughing out loud When I adjusted color it made that shine stick out more.

Lana
I actually used different parts of the sig for it....I would have hunted down another render, but I didn't know what game it was or anything *shrugs*

KENobi™
I actually used different parts of the sig for it....I would have hunted down another render, but I didn't know what game it was or anything *shrugs*

You coulda asked me.

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

Lana

DarkWizard

Edit: I could have sworn this was the 'Rate the sig of the person above you'.

KENobi™
*waits*

H. S. 6
Well, I guess I'll submit mine now.

1. KMC Limits Signature:

Ken - I loved the way the background and render meshed. Awesome! The halo of light around his palm looks great against it, and the whole thing is just great looking. The "text box" to the right was cool, but I thought something a bit more could have been done there. Ah, no complaints. The sig is awesome.

Lana - Once again: DAYMN! Awesome choice of render. I love how you used the misty, brighter bottom that slowly transformed into the darker, broodier top. The text is great, too, although "collector" got slightly iffy readability-wise. (I'm making up words left and right. stick out tongue) Cool quote, as well. Goes nicely with the render. thumb up

Verdict: Lana

After looking them over, I simply liked Lana's better. There's not much to point out as "bad" in either of these, so I can't really give specific reasons as to why. stick out tongue

2. Large Signature:

Ken - F%*&(*#* amazing. I love the entire "mystical" effect of the sig, a product of the blur and even the way the render is coming out of the signature. Awesome text, as well.

Great choice of render. thumb up

Lana - I feel your pain over the animation. It seems like it would be a stubborn b*tch to do, but the final effect is great. Leave it to me to imagine she's winking at me. stick out tongue

Cool text, once again, and great job blending the render and background. thumb up

Verdict: Ken

Again, not much to say in the way of specific reasons as to why, but I drooled over Ken's sig. It's almost... majestic. stick out tongue

3. Avatar:

Ken - Cool idea with the Megaman sprite, and I like the way the text looks to be "pasted" in a way on the background. One problem I have, though, is the sprite seems a bit too blurred and its color distorted. I can't tell if it's because you had to lower the quality of the avatar itself, or because the sprite was placed under a strong Color Balance adjustment layer. (if that makes any sense... stick out tongue)

Still, great idea. thumb up

Lana - Once again, I love the "mystic" feel to the avatar--the foggy white bottom corner to the darker top. The segmented effect was a nice touch; the only thing I could say to make it a tad more interesting would be some kind of text. Even if it's just your name in a bitmap font (I know, it's totally against your style.), it would have made for a slightly better ava, in my opinion.

Overall, I probably would simply choose Lana's avatar over Ken's if I had to make a decision to use one, even though both were frickin cool. thumb up

Overall winner: Lana!

With the KMC limits signature and the avatar under her belt, Lana gets my vote. for champion of the tournament.

Lana
I hate text on avatars stick out tongue

And now it's down to TOH to judge.....

H. S. 6
I hate text on avatars stick out tongue

And now it's down to TOH to judge.....

Hence the "totally against your style" bit. stick out tongue

Barker
icon5

*Excited*

TheLaw1224
the real loser here is TOH, whoever he votes against will be his enemy for life

DE Calvin
HAHAHA. Or until the next tournament.

TOH
Originally posted by TheLaw1224
the real loser here is TOH, whoever he votes against will be his enemy for life
Nah, I don't have enemies! kirby_kiss

I've killed them all

TOH
Ok, I tried to skip the points already covered by the other judges. I have to say that isn't easy to judge so skilled and talented people. I had a hard time trying to find details to pick a winner.

1 . KMC Limits Signature:
Ken
Bonus for use of transparency and for the vertical style used in the text. Render is well blended with the background. However, looking at the render I would expect something more colorful. Maybe you did not feel that comfortable with the megaman theme.

Lana
Awesome work, I could spend sometime talking about the subtle pattern, the colors etc but I don't think it's necessary. Bonus for the quote and the font. Maybe the only negative point is the text (a bit hard to read) but nothing that could ruin the sig or even affect the overall impression.

2. Large Signature

Ken:
Really impressive, awesome work changing the render from cold colors to hot colors. The background is very competent (so is the text) . I can't see any negative point.

Lana
The idea was very, very creative. I've just tried to realize how painful it was. I don't know, maybe it's just me but it seems the blink movement is not 100 % perfect due to the lack of eyebrow movement . Anyway, this is not a critical factor. Nice background and text.

Verdict: Ken

3. Avatar.
Ken
I like the diagonal text but for some reason, the megaman is distorted (maybe a low quality picture?).

Lana
Although the avy is a cropped version of the signature, and the lack of text, It stills a slight better work in my opinion. (don't get me wrong, both are really good). Some extra points for the transparency

Lana is the winner of the tournament. Congratulations!

Barker
w00t

Congratulations Lana!

Lana
*minorly in shock*

I must say I wasn't quite expecting to win, once I saw Ken's final entries......damn!!! eek! faint

KENobi™
Megaman was low quality because it was an 8bit sprite from the NES game, and I increased the size some to fit my needs.

Oh well.

Congrats Lana.

H. S. 6
Congratulations Lana. thumb up

Great job, to both of you. big grin

I have to say, I felt honored to have been able to judge this duel. yes

DigiMark007
Wow, congrats guys!

And horray! The tourney's over....sorta.. *remembers the 3-4-5- match and runs away*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.