The Sentry: Like or Dislike

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

venomunleashed
I recently visited another comic forum that seems to worship the ground or air sentry walks on or flys in. What does the KMC comic book forum members think of the sentry?

1. He sucks, He's just a superman wannabe!
2. He's ok, I can live with it.
3. He's great! He can bash supermans head in anyday!

Scoobless
i don't really care about him one way or the other.... he seems to be a seat filler in the Avengers ranks until either Thor returns or they find someone better

Marcus4600
He's a better take on a hero with a gigantic amount of power. I honestly think it's a great take on that, and he is great filler til Thor comes back with a vengeance.

Black Adam
Not a big fan and I don't hate the guy. he hasn't appeared or been around that much for me to hate him or like him.

I'll wait for where his mini leads to and his future New avengers appearances before I make a solid decision on whither I like him or not.

Some people might hate him right of the bat because they see him as a Superman ripoff.........Meh copies and ripoffs of Characters have never bothered me. As long as he's well written and interesting I don't really care.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Scoobless
i don't really care about him one way or the other.... he seems to be a seat filler in the Avengers ranks until either Thor returns or they find someone better

I read somewhere that he's there because bendis couldn't use Thor at the time. Don't know if it's true or not.

Hit and Run
I'm really enjoying his mini. While he IS a Superman-ripoff, he's one I can like.

I really wish that he didn't have a cape, underwear on the outside, or a giant 'S' though. His costume should at least be a little original.

Scoobless
I don't like his costume at all

grey fox
The only version of sentry i liked was the 'rip carnage in half version' he looked bad-ass with the glowing s .

Scoobless
yeah... when he was all scruffy just out of jail he looked ok... now he's too clean cut.... and the girdle is awful

Marcus4600
I guarantee that they separated the Symbiote from Cassidy. Knowing Marvel, we'll see that guy again.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Marcus4600
I guarantee that they separated the Symbiote from Cassidy. Knowing Marvel, we'll see that guy again.

considering bendis didn't even bother to remember that he wasn't writing ultimate carnage anymore i doubt it........

Real Venom (eddie) Might come back in a few years.

The Ion
Originally posted by Black Adam
I read somewhere that he's there because bendis couldn't use Thor at the time. Don't know if it's true or not.
If that was the case he should have used Beta Ray Bill. I don't why they ended Stormbreaker with him on Earth and no place to go if they weren't going to do something with him.

H. S. 6
Meh, I don't mind him.

Scoobless
Originally posted by The Ion
If that was the case he should have used Beta Ray Bill. I don't why they ended Stormbreaker with him on Earth and no place to go if they weren't going to do something with him.

Yeah... good point

roughrider
Originally posted by Scoobless
I don't like his costume at all

Agreed. The concept of his character is growing on me, but change that ugly silver-age costume. He'd fit right in with the first Squadron Supreme, with that look.

Still waiting for Thor's return...

DigiMark007
I like him. Everyone's a rip-off of someone....even Superman (yes, even Superman....he didn't invent the archetype after all) so he doesn't lose points there in my book.

The costume's actually cool...something a bit more old-school in this era of "Let's make everyone look either tech-ed out or street-cool" unless they have a set costume(s).

He has been given a strange backstory with good room for stories, a visible psychological problem that can be fleshed out in any number of ways, all of which makes him more than the next "powerful super hero"...though he fits that role nicely as well.

Now if we could just get a good power level for him....

Lucid Lui
^ Cosign

Scoobless
nope... the yellow suit with blue WWE belt still sucks

Dr.Fate
I don't hate the fact that he's a ripoff of superman there are tons of those and most them are pretty cool (Captain marvel, Gladiator, Hyperion, Sammaritian) its just take his overly complicated and messed up origin like many of marvels heroes and add that but ugly costume I'd have too i don't like him. Not to say he doesn't have time to change that. He hasn't been around that long. But even with that said I'd never pick up a Sentry mini or a New Avengers comic

The Ion
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Now if we could just get a good power level for him....
At this point, I'd be happy just knowing what powers he has. Forget what level they're at. laughing out loud

As for the costume, well, yellow is a total eyesore.

Dr.Fate
so true and whats with the belt?

brainchild81
Originally posted by venomunleashed
I recently visited another comic forum that seems to worship the ground or air sentry walks on or flys in. What does the KMC comic book forum members think of the sentry?

1. He sucks, He's just a superman wannabe!
2. He's ok, I can live with it.
3. He's great! He can bash supermans head in anyday! Combo of 2 & 3. His costume sux, but so does Superman(costume & character)

thesilverspider
Sentry is one of marvel's only bright spots as of late.

kenobi
it is too early to tell , but so far the Sentry has not been very interesting (IMO). I do not like the costume. Girdles should never be worn by a superhero. THat is what ruined Dr. Fate's costume in the JSA.

Scoobless
Originally posted by thesilverspider

As bright as a million exploding suns? ...... stick out tongue

DigiMark007
laughing out loud

Hey, I think the Galactus rumors are hilarious. If that fight's ever confirmed, every fight he's in with a sub-Skyfather will simply be CIS unless he wins in 2 seconds (like with Terrax).

Mindship
Sentry might actually work better as a protagonist in a novel than in a comic book. For one thing it would make him more original (you wouldnt even have to bother with a costume), and the premise has great, built-in psychological conflict, as well as providing opportunity for terrific "power" scenes.

As is, I'm not impressed.

The Ion
Originally posted by DigiMark007
laughing out loud

Hey, I think the Galactus rumors are hilarious. If that fight's ever confirmed, every fight he's in with a sub-Skyfather will simply be CIS unless he wins in 2 seconds (like with Terrax).
I think it's hilarious people take that fight as fact. Holding back or not, Genis had him on his knees. Only way he stalemated Galactus is if G hadn't eaten in years.

Lucid Lui
Yeah. i don't see the Galactus thing as fact. And even if it is, he'll have to be depowered if he's gonna be in an Avengers book. And stalemating Galactus would just make him too powerful.

As long as he stays as interesting as he has been i'm there. Issue 6 was great. I really can't wait to get 7.

DigiMark007
Honestly, we don't have a sure power level for current Genis either. And the nature of his powers means he might just be suited to taking Sentry's power. So even though he had Sentry on his knees, I'd hesitate to say that means a whole lot one way or another as far as the power of either.

Ex11B
Anyone have the scans of Sentry supposedly flying past and decapitating Attuma?

Sir Whirlysplat
His mini series is excellent, but the poll is stupid.

jumpmann
He's a ******! h8 him

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by thesilverspider

Agreed .... he's definitely a 'shinning light' (Pun definitely intended). I dont think many people are reading his mini, its pretty impressive. I cant wait to see him battle the collective, im sure Bendis has been saving him for this purpose. I can't see him having a promminent role in the civil war, as he is well capable of forming a third side on his own.

golden surfer
I really like the sentry. His original mini was one of the first comics I picked up in a long time. It really got me back in to the comic book world. I still enjoy his new mini today. The costume does look pretty dated though.

Ex11B
I guess not

Marcus4600
Check the Owned thread.

Ex11B
Cool.Thanks.Just saw it.

aton_ra
people say Sentry can bash superman's head in.

however IMO there is only one Superman the silver ag e Kal-el and the true leader of the JLA.

Sentry started out great in his original series but this new series has completely ruined the character for me.

im going to pick number one.

King KAM
Who cares bout how powerful sentry is, i enjoy his mini, and i like him as a character, i feel like his depth is what sets him apart, but his mini COULD be better.

SnakeEyes
I like Sentry yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.