Will the real God have mercy because we are dumb butts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyber Ninja
I mean everyone has a different religion, and all of them claim to be right....God is in heaven just going you stupif bastards oh well. I mean will God bring us to where ever if we are still whatever since it is not out fault in the religion we believe. What ever God is will it have mercy...

Blue nocturne
Depends on which God?

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
Depends on which God? Which ever one is right shock

Shakyamunison
All religions are true, just not all the truth.

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
All religions are true, just not all the truth. I sa wthat on a fortune cookie once embarrasment can you go in more detail eek!

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by Cyber Ninja
I sa wthat on a fortune cookie once embarrasment can you go in more detail eek!

Religion has concepts worth looking for take the Israelites there encounter with a being Yahweh is the basis of there religion now I'm not saying he's the true god but you have to remember in those day's people worshiped anything (mostly the sun) whoever or whatever this being is or if it even happened to them he was the "Lord God" so the bible reflects that particular philosophy study "ancient astronaut" theory and you'll see what I mean

debbiejo
See that's where religions are the problem....They all say they're right and they really believe it too...However, they all cannot be right with their doctrines. And if god is gonna pick one and throw all the rest in hell, then god isn't much of a man now is he? What kind of god would create zillions of people throughout history only to throw most of them in a hell?......It's only myth.

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by debbiejo
See that's where religions are the problem....They all say they're right and they really believe it too...However, they all cannot be right with their doctrines. And if god is gonna pick one and throw all the rest in hell, then god isn't much of a man now is he? What kind of god would create zillions of people throughout history only to throw most of them in a hell?......It's only myth.

Not necessarily a myth IMO, I believe that gods exist I just don't worship them.

debbiejo
Not necessarily a myth IMO, I believe that gods exist I just don't worship them. Well some believe they were really aliens..

Blue nocturne
Well some believe they were really aliens..

They probably were I just like saying "Gods" it sounds cooler to me big grin

debbiejo
Kinda like "Star Gate"

Blue nocturne
Kinda like "Star Gate"

Yeah but cool.

debbiejo
laughing out loud ok....

Shakyamunison
I sa wthat on a fortune cookie once embarrasment can you go in more detail eek!
Ya, but my boss might get mad. eek!

All religions look at the truth but only see a small part.

read this.

http://hinduism.about.com/od/hinduismforkids/a/blindmen.htm

debbiejo
OH nooo...not the elephant again.... blink

Blue nocturne
Ya, but my boss might get mad. eek!

All religions look at the truth but only see a small part.

read this.

http://hinduism.about.com/od/hinduismforkids/a/blindmen.htm

Not all religion is about finding the truth, Worship was key to the ancient religions.

soleran30
Not all religion is about finding the truth, Worship was key to the ancient religions.

In ancient are you referring to christian/catholic, judiasm,hindu etc etc

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by soleran30
In ancient are you referring to christian/catholic, judiasm,hindu etc etc

Well ancient Judaism, but ancient Mesopotamian

debbiejo
And Sumerian's and Babylonians.....

Blue nocturne
Phoenicians

debbiejo
All stooped in astrology just as the Jews did.....And Christianity has no idea...

Blue nocturne
All stooped in astrology just as the Jews did.....And Christianity has no idea...

The church is lying there are all sorts of pagan sun symbols in the Vatican.

debbiejo
The church is lying there are all sorts of pagan sun symbols in the Vatican. You are very very correct!!....Pagan symbolism is all over the Catholic church...But then again their rituals are all based on paganism also.

Storm
I mean everyone has a different religion, and all of them claim to be right....God is in heaven just going you stupif bastards oh well. I mean will God bring us to where ever if we are still whatever since it is not out fault in the religion we believe. What ever God is will it have mercy...
If not, then that god isn' t worthy of worship and doesn' t merit devotion.

chez
Originally posted by Storm
If not, then that god isn' t worthy of worship and doesn' t merit devotion.

If he doesn't show mercy? (just clarifying)

apoc001
Here's our belief: There are three degrees of glory in heaven; the Celestial Kingdom, the Terrestrial Kingdom, and the Telestial Kingdom. The Celestial Kingdom is for those who follow the gospel and are great people. The Terrestrial Kingdom is for those who kind of fell from the light or haven't followed the right gospel, but are still alright people. The Telestial Kingdom is for those who purposely deny the church and insult God (well actually, the afterlife's a little more complicated than that, but I've made my point). Now, it's true that there's lots of religions, but there's also free agency. That means we can choose our own religion, so, it's pretty much our own fault if we act proud or stubborn and refuse to accept the true gospel.

Mindship
No.

"He" will have mercy because "He" loves us, in spite of our being dumb butts.

chez
Originally posted by Mindship
"He" will have mercy because "He" loves us, in spite of our being dumb butts.

I agree, but would add that I believe we need to accept Jesus as our savior as well. God is both merciful and completely fair. He "desires that none should perish, but that all should turn to Christ and live".

**waits for the brick bats thrown my way** stick out tongue

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by chez
I agree, but would add that I believe we need to accept Jesus as our savior as well. God is both merciful and completely fair. He "desires that none should perish, but that all should turn to Christ and live".

**waits for the brick bats thrown my way** stick out tongue

What about someone who lives a saintly life but never accepts Jesus as his savior, will this person go to hell?

What about a mass murder who at the last minuet accept Jesus as his savior, will he go to heaven?

chez
What about someone who lives a saintly life but never accepts Jesus as his savior, will this person go to hell?

What about a mass murder who at the last minuet accept Jesus as his savior, will he go to heaven?

Yes. It's hard to understand, but yes. Those thieves on the crosses next to Jesus proved that. One of them mocked Jesus along with the rest and told him that if he's the Christ to save himself and them; but the other said, "Don't you fear God? We are punished justly because we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong." And he said to Jesus, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." And Jesus told him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise." (Luke 23:39-43)

It's not a case of saying the magic words and suddenly you're saved. It's not like a mass murderer who's on his death bed says off-handedly, "Oh yeah, and Jesus, I believe in you" and he'll suddenly be whisked away to heavenly bliss. It's not a cop out. Christians believe that God can see into our hearts, he is holy and he is 100% fair. Jesus came to save whoever truly believes in him and give them eternal life. The Bible says he wants to save everybody. "God did not send his son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through him might be saved " -John 3:17. But obviously not everyone will accept him. That's free will.

Makedde

Depends which religion you belong too. Some Gods are better than others, IMO.

Shakyamunison
Yes. It's hard to understand, but yes. Those thieves on the crosses next to Jesus proved that. One of them mocked Jesus along with the rest and told him that if he's the Christ to save himself and them; but the other said, "Don't you fear God? We are punished justly because we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong." And he said to Jesus, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." And Jesus told him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise." (Luke 23:39-43)

It's not a case of saying the magic words and suddenly you're saved. It's not like a mass murderer who's on his death bed says off-handedly, "Oh yeah, and Jesus, I believe in you" and he'll suddenly be whisked away to heavenly bliss. It's not a cop out. Christians believe that God can see into our hearts, he is holy and he is 100% fair. Jesus came to save whoever truly believes in him and give them eternal life. The Bible says he wants to save everybody. "God did not send his son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through him might be saved " -John 3:17. But obviously not everyone will accept him. That's free will.

Saved from what?

chez
Saved from what?

From our sins that separate us from God. Christians believe that we had a close relationship with God when humans were first created - we were made in his likeness, we were perfect. God created us; by rights, he owns us. Then there was the first sin of Adam and Eve, and that sin caused God to be separated from us. Adam and Eve wanted the knowledge of good and evil, and in so doing sinned, became no longer perfect and forfeited paradise. All humans are divided from God because we rebel against him by nature as a result. "There is no one righteous - not even one" -Romans 3:10. And God cares enough to give us free will to make that choice; to accept or reject. People who choose to be cut off from God will be. He doesn't force us either way.

But God also cares enough to send us a way out. And that's Jesus. Because we rejected the God who made us and rightfully rules us, we deserve to die. So Jesus came to die as a substitute, to be sacrificed for our sake. He never sinned or rebelled against God, so he is also the perfect sacrifice. After this, Jesus was raised from the dead by God and taken to heaven - death no longer has to bind us; we can have eternal life too. It's up to us now: either accept Jesus' death and resurrection and be raised like Jesus to eternal life, or continue in rebellion and get what we choose.

shock]

debbiejo
From our sins that separate us from God Saving us from our sins. So, can you prove that hell is real?

Shakyamunison

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.