Very Strange Scene In Spiderman 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nick1989
In the cafeteria scene where powerless peter and mary were talking, Doc Ock threw them a car. peter's powers came back and evaded the car thrown at them.

now, why would doc ock throw them a car if he wants Peter alive so that he can tell him where he could find spidey? he knows peter is just an ordinary man and the only person who knows where to find spiderman.
if peter's powers didnt come back at all leaving him dead, then there is no way doc Ock is gonna find spidey.

maybe someone can explain me this problem... they shouldnt have made that scene just to show that peter has regained his abilities once again...

TheOnes2
Ock is very crazy. So he will go over the top to get what he wants

DBZ MAN
Also he throws him into a wall which would break his back if he didn't get his powers back.

Cascador

Nick1989
Oh ok cool. Thanks very much for your comments guys. Much appreciated.

Yarr
If he killed Peter Parker who do you think would be the first person to show up?

DBZ MAN
Yeah but the message of where he'd be meeting him would never of got through to him in time. (Spidey that is) (and yes I know their the same guy buy hypetheticaly speaking).

Doc Ock
It's bad writing folks.These movies suffer from it.

Like how the hell did Harry know where Ock's lair was?? I don't recall Ock telling Harry that in their meeting.

atharpina
When was Harry in Ock's lair again?

chucktaylor
He never was in Ock's lair...

atharpina
Wait, so......?

confusion, thy name is me.

Arahan
These things were strange but in the end
it was a good movie.

did anyone else noticed some
parallels to Superman.

When Peter delivers the pizza and he
came out of the room with the cleaning stuff or the way he tried to stop
the train with his leg, Superman style^^

Backspace
It doesnt make sense but it was still a cool scene.

Cascador
Originally posted by Arahan
or the way he tried to stop
the train with his leg, Superman style^^

Maybe that was just a reference to the first film where aunt may says "you're not superman, you know!" wink

Doc Ock
Originally posted by atharpina
When was Harry in Ock's lair again?

He never was.And Ock never told him where it was either.

And yet he told Peter where to find Ock erm

atharpina
Ohhhh, right! That's true, Harry did know somehow.

Silverstein
its what you call a Plothole...am i right?

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by Doc Ock
He never was.And Ock never told him where it was either.

And yet he told Peter where to find Ock erm

Yeah, it's much more reasonable to assume Doc Ock wants his money FedEx'ed to a random location in New York rather than tell Harry where to send it, assuming he hates Spidey just as much.

Knightfall93
Harry's actually Psych-Goblin, a telepath

Spideys Sister
That was a lame scene and makes no sense unless u recall Harry yelled after him not to hurt Peter. Maybe Doc didn't hear that part...the rest adds up to unrational thinking and Doc being just plain looney.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
That was a lame scene and makes no sense unless u recall Harry yelled after him not to hurt Peter. Maybe Doc didn't hear that part...the rest adds up to unrational thinking and Doc being just plain looney.

There was nothing wrong with that.

Like Ock would give a damn about hurting Peter.

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by Spideys Sister

The man said he was being controlled by metal arms which, for all intents and purposes, would've been fried the same way the chip that stopped their "brain"waves from affecting his.

You really think he cares if someone dies?

Really.

What I want for Spider-man 4(possibly 3, who knows? At least the end):
Doc Ock pulls himself onto a beach, complains about Spider-man leaving him to die. Can't remember who Spider-man is due to trauma, and doesn't remember anything about the tentacles being "in control", etc. Make it a real, EVIL Doc Ock. Not "poor guy" but the real Doctor Octopus we all love.

Spideys Sister
There was nothing wrong with that.

Like Ock would give a damn about hurting Peter. Doc never gives a damn. It's Doc Ock.

DBZ MAN
Except this was a different Doc Ock.

Cascador
Originally posted by DBZ MAN
Except this was a different Doc Ock.

I agree, this Doc Ock, is not a killer...he was crazy but he was still a scientist. He stole money for it and put people's lifes on stake for it, but he never really intended to kill someone for it except for spider-man who stood in his way.

Doc Ock
Well he did throw a car thru a cafe window.It was sheer luck nobody was killed by that.He tossed people off the train,a couple of people went flying thru the train windows when he shoved them aside to get to Spider-Man.

Killing really didn't bother him.

atharpina
Haha, really.

I'll agree, it obvously wasn't the same Doc Ock everyone's used to, but he still was a killer.

doctorstrongbad
There will always be small flaws in movies, just look at Star wars 3. Anyways, Spider-man 2 is still an awesome movie. wink

Cascador
Well he did throw a car thru a cafe window.It was sheer luck nobody was killed by that.He tossed people off the train,a couple of people went flying thru the train windows when he shoved them aside to get to Spider-Man.

Killing really didn't bother him.

I still don't agree...he tossed people out of the train to keep spider-man busy, cause he knew he would rescue them...like I said he put life's at stake for his own purpose but he didn't intend to kill anyone...cause everytime he tossed someone like aunt may, he knew spider-man would keep himself busy saving them so he could escape or catch him offguard in the train sequence.

DBZ MAN
True, he was never dependant on killing people. Only as a last resort. He used people to his advantage to distract spider-man or to hold ransom. His arms had much darker intentions though to secure Octavius saftey.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Cascador
I still don't agree...he tossed people out of the train to keep spider-man busy, cause he knew he would rescue them...like I said he put life's at stake for his own purpose but he didn't intend to kill anyone...cause everytime he tossed someone like aunt may, he knew spider-man would keep himself busy saving them so he could escape or catch him offguard in the train sequence.

You're still ignoring facts like the fact he thru a car thru a window of a cafe full of people.Or when he tossed the huge safe door in Aunt May and Peter's direction.

He may not have been TRYING to kill,but he certainly had no regard for people's lives.

Cascador
You're still ignoring facts like the fact he thru a car thru a window of a cafe full of people.Or when he tossed the huge safe door in Aunt May and Peter's direction.

He may not have been TRYING to kill,but he certainly had no regard for people's lives.

No I didn't ignore it...I said he is a scientist and that he put lifes at stake for it...those were my exact words...like I said he may be reckless and dangerous, but that does not make him a killer.

Doc Ock
No I didn't ignore it...I said he is a scientist and that he put lifes at stake for it...those were my exact words...like I said he may be reckless and dangerous, but that does not make him a killer.

So if I throw a car into a shop full of people,I'm not a killer??

Mmmmmkay.

I hope you never get jury duty for a murder trial wink

Cascador

SpyCspider
i think the only person Ock INTENDED to kill is...Spider-man. His tentacles, however, seemed intent on killing the doctors in the hospital scene...but you can argue that they did that to protect Ock. And he did try to drop Harry off his balcony as well.

If movie Ock was modeled after the 90s animated series Ock, i think we'd gotten a different personality from him. More diabolical maniac like Norman was in the first movie.

Doc Ock

Cascador
he was aiming at peter and mj that's for sure...and did other people get hurt? I didnt see anyone get hurt...so maybe doc ock is better at aiming than you think

you just want him to be a killer cause he would be more like the doc ock in the comics...the doc ock who doesn't care if anyone gets killed, on the contrary

Doc Ock
he was aiming at peter and mj that's for sure...and did other people get hurt? I didnt see anyone get hurt...so maybe doc ock is better at aiming than you think

He was aiming at Peter and MJ?? So he was trying to kill them??

If he was aiming at Peter and MJ then shouldn't it have hit their table rather than landing at the back of the cafe?? It was a car.Not a bicycle.It was as big as the damn window it came thru.

And nobody got hurt because Raimi is not going to show mangled car wreck bodies in a kid's movie.

I think this roll eyes (sarcastic) is the best response to that remark.

atharpina
I got to go with Ock on this one.

He knows what's up.

samishe
Ock isn't a killer? He killed doctors at the hospital. I know it were his arms but he was in controle of them already. He knew his arms are killing somebody. He broke brakes in train with hundred people in it. If he can't be cosidered a killer then who can?

Cascador
Doc Ock was pretty much unconcious when those doctors were killed, he had no control over it since the chip in the back of his head was broken. He had control over his arms later when he woke up, but they also controled him.
I see him as dangerous and a treat to mankind...but not a killer

samishe
Well I'd say he never kills without need but he still is a killer. If he can kill somebody to achive his aim he is a killer anyway.

Knightfall93
He wasnt in control of his actions... he's a god man in a sciemntific accident= madness and evil. Funny, they did the same to GG!

samishe
Originally posted by Knightfall93
He wasnt in control of his actions... he's a god man in a sciemntific accident= madness and evil. Funny, they did the same to GG!

I think same would be with Venom.

Cascador
no I think Eddy Brock will have some kind of hate against Peter like in the comics, and will be pretty nuts before the symbiote, he will get more nuts when he has the symbote

samishe
Without symbiot he will hate both Spider-man and Peter but still would be a good guy. When with symbiot he would become complete sico.

Knightfall93
No... he won't be a sico but he might be a psycho! And why the hell would they ha

atharpina
I see him as dangerous and a treat to mankind...but not a killer

Haha, "a treat to mankind"

I know it's a typo, but I'll still laugh at it.

Anyways, I hope that with Venom they don't make him be a good guy who is turned evil by the symbiote. I want him to be BAD.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by samishe
Well I'd say he never kills without need but he still is a killer. If he can kill somebody to achive his aim he is a killer anyway.

yes

"You've stuck your webs into my business for the last time.Now you'll have this woman's death on your conscience"

Aunt May's death eh.I wonder who was going to kill her.Ock maybe?? eek! Oh and didn't he try and impale Spider-Man with the large blade in his tentacle then too??

Yowzers.Yeah he's no killer wink

Cascador
yeah sounds exactly like a treat..."you'll have this woman's death on you consience" but he knew spider-man would save her...like I said the only one he wanted to kill is spider-man cause he was in Doc Ock's way...read what I say before you come up with that sarcastic attitude...

Doc Ock
yeah sounds exactly like a treat..."you'll have this woman's death on you consience" but he knew spider-man would save her...like I said the only one he wanted to kill is spider-man cause he was in Doc Ock's way...read what I say before you come up with that sarcastic attitude...

I have read what you said.And I think it's BS.

Ock was clearly a killer.But you keep saying "Oh he knew Spider-Man would do this,that and the other".

How do you know what he was thinking?? You don't hurl a car,a CAR into a cafe full of people,and expect NOBODY to die.It was sheer LUCK nobody did.

And I'll keep my sarcastic attitude thanks wink

Cascador
well you keep on doing that BS, won't effect me, cause I'm getting bored by it...
You think whatever you want to believe...It's pointless to keep this going anyway...

atharpina
I agree with both of you...

Ock's right about Ock

And Cascador's right about MOVING ON

Ragnarok46112
At that point in the movie Peter got his powers back.

Cascador
Originally posted by Ragnarok46112
At that point in the movie Peter got his powers back.

It's great what you can learn from these forums....

Knightfall93
Actually, if you check the dictionary you'll find Ock has an IRONIC attitude

samishe
Otto Octavious wasn't a killer.
Doc Ock was a killer. Only because of his arms but he still was a killer.

Knightfall93
True

Spideys Sister

Killing really didn't bother him. My veiw exactly. He wasn't always looking like his main goal was to help and make a never ending energy sorce or whatever.

RjAkaPeanut4u
wasnt peter facing the window? he may have seen the car coming rofl

samishe
Originally posted by RjAkaPeanut4u
wasnt peter facing the window? he may have seen the car coming rofl

No he wasn't. He sensed danger coming.

Spideys Sister
His back was turned to the window and MJ was trying to kiss him and just as Petey was thinking"SCORE!!!" He thinks "Holy Crap! My Spider-Sense is tingling! *&^%"

Darth Nepulis
Perhaps he didn't mean to throw it at Peter, he was just hitting it out of his way.

Cascador

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.