Mace Windu runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Kal-El
Mace has five hours of rest between each battle. Where does he stop?

1) Ki-Adi-Mundi
2) Agen Kolar
3) ROTS Obi-Wan
4) Darth Sion w/2 lives
5) Darth Malak
6) Darth Bane
7) DN Kyle Katarn

tdtd
We know nothing of Bane's skills. However with the characters you've listed Windu could go all the way. He would most likely take Malak, and if Sion only has two lives Windu would toast him, and finish up DN Kyle.

vpokdekjyafmidp
i think he'd get injured at obi wan, sion, malak and bane, and if he is not already dead, kyle will finish him off

Illustrious
Stops at Malak. Malak was most likely the second strongest individual in the galaxy at the time, and after 4 other matches, Mace would be tired.

tdtd
Dunno, 5 hours rest is a good amount of time, and I hold Windu higher than Malak in terms of saber combat.

Arker
Originally posted by vpokdekjyafmidp
i think he'd get injured at obi wan, sion, malak and bane, and if he is not already dead, kyle will finish him off

He'd rip Sion apart, as with Obi-Wan. They wouldn't touch him.

vpokdekjyafmidp
maybe sion, but i can see obi wan contending with him, of course losing badly, but at least tiring him a bit

PurpleSaber
He would get injured at Malak, and injured again at Kyle. He would win though.

Guy LeDouche
1. He destroys him.
2. He destroys him.
3. Maybe Obi-Wan will get lucky and injure him, but Mace takes that.
4. Beats him with minimal injury.
5.Gets injured, but wins.
6. I don't know enough about Bane to judge that fight.
7. Assuming he gets past Bane, he takes Kyle.

Mace takes the whole thing.

Hello Friend
Malak would be a hard fight, but I say Mace goes all the way. 5 hour rest is good...

vpokdekjyafmidp
i think he would be too tired out and injured to defeat kyle, not only that, but kyle has more lightsaber battling one on one experience than mace as far as i know

tdtd
Where did you get this information? Not to mention nobody of the new Jedi Era could take down Windu with the exception of Dooku and Yoda.

Darth_Glentract
Dies at Malak. Malak could take Mace even if Mace wasn't tired or injured.

tdtd
Proof Glentract? The master of Vaapad had very few equals.

vpokdekjyafmidp
Originally posted by vpokdekjyafmidp
i think he would be too tired out and injured to defeat kyle, not only that, but kyle has more lightsaber battling one on one experience than mace as far as i know

didnt he defeat all those sith and fulfill a prophecy or something? i read it in the star wars databank

vpokdekjyafmidp
woops i quoted the wrong one i meant to quote TDTD's post

tdtd
Windu had no equal except Yoda and Dooku.

Hello Friend
And Windu after the events of Haruun Kal should be able to take Dooku, if not Yoda himself.

tdtd
True

Darth_Glentract
Here's some of Fishy's arguments for Malak:

Actually, during the Mandelorian wars, a war where he had the same rank as during the start of the Jedi Civil War. He was a front line general in both wars at the very least until he became Dark Lord. He was a fierce fighter at the front line of every battle and many soldiers said he was the reason the tide of many a battle turned, so yes he would have had more experience and he would have gone around killing Jedi and Mandelorians.

"Though only a young man, his skill in battle and prowess with the lightsaber had already earned him renown within the Order."

Malak was the second greatest fighter of his time in a time where the Jedi were far more martial then they were in PT times.

Malak is younger, more experinced against people with lightsabers, has better reach, has a stronger build, and learned and controlled the secrets of the Star Forge.

What does Mace have over him?

Hello Friend
Malak being a frontline general is speculation, isn't it?

And what soldiers claimed he turned the tide of a battle? And how does that compare to Mace killing hundreds of droids with his bare hands in the Clone Wars (hyperbole)

Him being talented wont save him from the best duelist in the order

Darth_Glentract
Malak being a frontline general is speculation, isn't it?

No, it isn't.

And what soldiers claimed he turned the tide of a battle? And how does that compare to Mace killing hundreds of droids with his bare hands in the Clone Wars (hyperbole)

Some from KOTOR.

Him being talented wont save him from the best duelist in the order

Proof? Mace isn't necessarily the best in the Order. Yoda or Dooku is potentially better. Malak is surpassed only by Revan.

zephiel7
I would say Mace falls when fighting against Malak.

zephiel7
Nope Malak was a frontline general. You have to play the game. Revan was the overall leader, but Malak was his right hand general, accomplishing his duties with brutal precision.

Like Glentract said, its from KOTOR.

What? Malak was not only talented but he defeated Kavar, the best lightsaber duelist in a more martial Jedi order. That makes him better than Windu.

Hello Friend
Nope Malak was a frontline general. You have to play the game. Revan was the overall leader, but Malak was his right hand general, accomplishing his duties with brutal precision.

When was it said? By whom?

Some from KOTOR.

Who said it?

kamikz
Originally posted by zephiel7

Like Glentract said, its from KOTOR.

What? Malak was not only talented but he defeated Kavar, the best lightsaber duelist in a more martial Jedi order. That makes him better than Windu.

Wasen't it a jedi that defeated and wounded Malak? Shoulden't that jedi be Kavar then?

Hello Friend
And where was it said that Kavar was the best?

((The_Anomaly))
If Mace can beat Malak, which I think he could but its not a sure bet he would win, then he gets killed by Kyle. Remember, were talking about DN Kyle, NJO Kyle could take Windu, DN is overkill.

Any of the main Jedi characters past DE or NJO would pretty well wipe the floor with movie characters. Unless this is a 'sabers only' fight, in which case Mace has a chance. But otherwise, I doubt he could beat Kyle.

Although, I just thought, Vaapad NEEDS the Force to even be Vaapad, so..in a no force fight, technically Mace couldn't use Vaapad...

Anyways, if he beats Malak, then he gets killed by Kyle.

darthsith19
Sion beats him, he's really strong, I think more than a match for Mace.

Numan
Vaapad requires passive use of the force and not active.

Darth_Glentract
There is no way Mace would make it to Kyle. Bane is the strongest person on the list gut a good deal.

tdtd
Proof? We know very little about Bane's powers and absolutely nothing about his lightsaber abilities. In a saber only battle Windu would make it all the way, but we know nothing about his force abilities, so this isn't a very good thread.

MC Spartan
Windu makes it all the way. He is one of the greatest Jedi of all time. He'd hurt Malak bad but be injured at Kyle (screw bane nobody knows wtf he does) and he would take Kyle in a medium match.

Mace goes all the way.

Fishy
Originally posted by Hello Friend

When was it said? By whom?

Some from KOTOR.

Who said it?

It was mentioned in Kotor by normal people soldiers or whatever
Also

In the Mandalorian wars, both Malak and his close friend Revan found the glory they were seeking. While many credited Revan's military strategies for the campaign's success, others were quick to point to Malak's fierce courage and relentless fury at the forefront of every battle as the key to Republic victory.

Taken from SWKotor.com, others... Now, i'm not claiming they are right. However to make a claim that a single soldier even a Jedi could turn the tide of a battle and even an entire war, that warrior would have to be fierce powerful and great indeed... And that is exactly how he is described...

Originally posted by Hello Friend
And where was it said that Kavar was the best?

Zez Kai, another member of the highest Jedi council during Kotor times (there were several) he could know.

Originally posted by tdtd
Proof? We know very little about Bane's powers and absolutely nothing about his lightsaber abilities. In a saber only battle Windu would make it all the way, but we know nothing about his force abilities, so this isn't a very good thread.

Bane spend his entire live fighting a war, that alone would give him more experience then anybody else, he survived the thought bomb when it killed Jedi and Sith a like in great numbers, and the things he has done with the force, even though he had help from others while doing it show far greater mastery then Mace could ever have dreamed off.

Although to be honest, Mace would definitly die at Malak, he would probably be at least slightly to perhaps quite a bit injured after fighting Sion, Malak would be a match for him and would most likely beat him in a normal situation, after Mace has seen so many fights, he would die.

tdtd
Well like I said, I know nothing of Bane's force powers and I know nothing if Windu's force powers, but in terms of saber combat Windu would go all the way.

Faunus
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
There is no way Mace would make it to Kyle. Bane is the strongest person on the list gut a good deal.

Where the hell is this coming from? Is there anything supporting it? Didn't think so.

Bane and Malak really don't make sense in threads because we know next to nothing about them. In cases like that, there'll be the people trying to be rational concerning them, and you'll have some people glorifying them.

Anyway, I'd have to say that with five hours of rest inbetween battles, Mace has a chance. He's shown some incredible recovery abilities in Shatterpoint, what with hurling Kar Vastor around after being shot in the leg and being blasted at by gunships. And this was Kar Vastor in his element; he had the advantage of knowing the jungle and its secrets, and was "half age and twice size". Obviously, in his current state and having to face Kar in the worst possible location, Windu still lost, but if you've read the book you'll know that he put up one hell of a fight.

But I have to say, this'll be a grueling run. I'd have to say that either Malak or Kyle would give him a fight, and having to fight both of them on top of Bane and the others might get him some wounds. But if he can get by without being nailed, I think he might be able to pull through. A single lightsaber wound though, and I can see him losing this.

zephiel7
Thanks to fishy for providing proof.

I like Windu, but the fact is he hasn't seen as much battle as Malak or Bane. I am not too sure about Bane, but I know from the evidence provided that Malak could take him out.

Faunus
And yet he's still considered a saber and Force prodigy. Tell me, if we're going by Feat Wars alone, when has Bane showed power on the level of holding back a landslide? Or speed enough to land six varying blows in literally the blink of an eye? That's right; never. We'll have to wait for Path of Destruction in order to find out what we want about Bane. Until then, just lay off threads involving him. Malak, too, as he's a relative unknown as well.

Darth_Glentract
I thought I had proved Bane's capability before. I'll do so again I guess.

1. Bane was the top guy out of 20,000 Sith. There aren't just your average peacetime Sith, these are the brutal guys who have been fighting the Jedi for a thousand years strait. To be the best out of that many is very impressive and an indicatior of huge power. It gets better for Bane though.

2. Bane was far from his peak when he was the top Sith out of 20,000 of them. After the Battle of Ruusan Bane studied the knowledge that was inside Freedon Nadd's tomb and recieved his biological armor. This armor was stated as being able to stop any hit from a lightsaber except a solid hit or mutiple hits in the same area. The armor also pumped massive amounts of adrenaline into Bane's veins when necessary. Think of it like the stim packs from KOTOR 2 times ten. Very powerful. Just a random fact, game stats put Bane's armor as significantly more resistent to damage then even Mandalorian Armor.

3. Bane was also able to create some form of force storm that has the power to leave an entire planet barren. Originally he was going to use it to attack the Jedi's Army of the light, which required the other Sith Lords to give him more power so he could do this. The other Sith sensed the fearsome anger in Bane's heart and broke off because they feared how far in the Darkside he was.

What has Mace done that can even compare?

Source: The New Essential Guide to Chronology and the New Essential Guide to Characters.

tdtd
That still says nothing about Bane's saber abilities, and I've never read any books involving Mace to talk about his force powers.

Darth_Glentract
Could Bane have ruled over 20,000 Sith if he wasn't great with a saber?

Faunus
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
I thought I had proved Bane's capability before. I'll do so again I guess.

Surprise, surprise. . .

Where is it said that he's the most powerful of all the Sith? If that were so, he would have tossed aside Kaan and the others and disbanded the council governing the Brotherhood. He needed the other Sith to lead the Dark forces.

Well is this BoR Bane? Or the Orbalisk-buffed one?

And what, studying a bit in Nadd's tomb makes him a god? Has he actually shown himself to be impressive in combat?

Akk hounds had blaster, lightsaber, grenade, and missile resistant armored hides. Mace and Depa defeated three mutated ones on Nar Shadaa. The normal hounds were said to have tails strong enough to snap a man in two. They were large enough and strong enough to support fully grown men on their backs and still out-maneuver gunships. Ups.

Pointless and insignificant.

Yeah; with the combined assistance and power of dozens of the best Sith in Brotherhood. . .

Read Shatterpoint. A quick list of Feat Wars. . .

- launched two jabs, a knee to the upper thigh, a palm to the side of the head, and two stright blows to the face in the blink of an eye
- deflected repeating fire from gunships right through the cockpit and body
- supported a giant steamcrawler and held back a landslide at the same time
- created and mastered a form that was called the "deadliest form in existence" by Yoda

I actually haven't finished Shatterpoint yet myself, but Windu's feats in that are impressive, even at the point in the book I've reached.

Please, don't me count me out as one of those people who thinks Mace owns because of Vaapad. But I do believe that he has enough to his name to defeat Bane.

tdtd
true

Kun-ni Habeo
EDIT

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Faunus
Read Shatterpoint. A quick list of Feat Wars. . .

- launched two jabs, a knee to the upper thigh, a palm to the side of the head, and two stright blows to the face in the blink of an eye
- deflected repeating fire from gunships right through the cockpit and body
- supported a giant steamcrawler and held back a landslide at the same time
- created and mastered a form that was called the "deadliest form in existence" by Yoda

I actually haven't finished Shatterpoint yet myself, but Windu's feats in that are impressive, even at the point in the book I've reached.

Please, don't me count me out as one of those people who thinks Mace owns because of Vaapad. But I do believe that he has enough to his name to defeat Bane.

Indeed, Mace in Shatterpoint is pretty badass.

Dush khan Mabeo
EDIT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.