When everyone is dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

allofyousuckkk
and the human race is extinct, and no animals have become significantly dominant, what will become of all our stuff. Movies, websites? Some website could still be accessible if there was some type of internet connection and usable computers. Isn't that a creepy thought? It makes you realize that after you're gone, other things continue. Imagine NYC without anyone in it........thats weird......

Makedde
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
and the human race is extinct, and no animals have become significantly dominant, what will become of all our stuff. Movies, websites? Some website could still be accessible if there was some type of internet connection and usable computers. Isn't that a creepy thought? It makes you realize that after you're gone, other things continue. Imagine NYC without anyone in it........thats weird......

I don't know what would happen...scary thought.

Quiero Mota
It will all rot/decay.

It would be an ecological anarchy; without dinosaurs or humans, only viruses will be able to dominate the planet.

Inspectah Deck

roll eyes (sarcastic)

powerfulone1987
You do realize that one day, humans won't just drop dead leaving everything as it is without us involved.

When we all die out, it will be b/c of something and whatever that something is will most definitely wipe out everything else as well. So when go, everything else goes, so you need not worry about KMC, b/c KMC won't be worrying about b/c KMC will be no more.

is it comprehensible.....

Nevermind
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
You do realize that one day, humans won't just drop dead leaving everything as it is without us involved.

When we all die out, it will be b/c of something and whatever that something is will most definitely wipe out everything else as well. So when go, everything else goes, so you need not worry about KMC, b/c KMC won't be worrying about b/c KMC will be no more.

I pretty much agree with him.

K.Diddy

Exactly

botankus
Movies, websites

Glad to see the most important artifacts have entered this discussion. Can I add "used pairs of jeans" to the mix?

Mindship
Bummer for those expecting to be revived outta cryogenic storage

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by botankus
Glad to see the most important artifacts have entered this discussion. Can I add "used pairs of jeans" to the mix?

Haha, exactly.

Forget all those precious artefacts and historical landmarks, just save my Levis.

-AC

Hit_and_Miss
Well Should something like nerve gas wipe us out, thus leaving all our buildings/websites/and crap standing I presume aliens will one day come along... and then laugh at us...

leonheartmm
that would be beautiful. maybe a new sort of intelligence will stem from all the unused info on the net.

botankus
Just keep the new species away from the archived OTF data files!

KidRock

If a new flu or virus comes along that gets all humans sick then yeah all of them will die but everything will stay the same.

Fishy
Hardly, computers and movies will get destroyed.

our civilization, our cities what we have build and what we gathered from the past will once again be burried under dust and stone, nature will take its course and erase evidence from our very existance, until at some point in a long and distant future somebody or something might start digging and discover it.

Or perhaps not...

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Fishy
Hardly, computers and movies will get destroyed.

our civilization, our cities what we have build and what we gathered from the past will once again be burried under dust and stone, nature will take its course and erase evidence from our very existance, until at some point in a long and distant future somebody or something might start digging and discover it.

Or perhaps not...

I agree with you, but it would take nature hundreds, thousands of years to completely erase everything. So for a period, our stuff will still be there.

Hit_and_Miss
then again, Alot of things would explode or erode without the maintenance we provide... I suspect a lot of fires and such would do a fair bit of damage, plus hurricanes and floods would happen....

Though there would be a fair bit left behind to piece together how we use to live should aliens come...

think about all the dams, nuclear reactors, power-stations...Kablooowie

tabby999
this is a not very deep thread masquerading as a deep question. think about this, at some point in the future, the universe will end when its physical and mechanical funtions fail, thus rendering all human endevours pointless (thank you bill baily), does that mean we should try our hardest and do the best we can untill that point or just accept that its all a waste of time and do nothing but self satisfying things

Hit_and_Miss
Well it depends... we have a few billion years to find a way of escaping our planet.. I suspect as time goes on we will evolve, possibly our tech might enable us to beat the collapse of the universe?? kinda like galactus??? who knows! but unless I get reincarnated or I get front row seats with god I guess its a bit pointless thinking about it...

debbiejo
Hmmmmm a planet with on one on it......Kinda like planet of the apes...

Hit_and_Miss
Originally posted by debbiejo
Hmmmmm a planet with on one on it......Kinda like planet of the apes...

cept without the apes????

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by KidRock
If a new flu or virus comes along that gets all humans sick then yeah all of them will die but everything will stay the same.

A flu is a virus by the way.

new viruses are discovered everyday and we are still here.
and there are still numerous other viruses we haven't discovered yet.

Ex11B

Maybe the animals will learn how to access and use all this stuff... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shakyamunison
No one will be alive.

debbiejo
Not I...........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.