Ultimate Thor vs Apollo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr.Fate
Both have been worked on my the same artist and writers but thats just a intersting little tid bit. No prep no help from anyone.

Mider
never heard of apollo i know who he is in myth but not in comics what can this guy do or what has he done.

wannabe
Are you talking about the Apollo from the Greek pantheon of gods or of the Apollo from The Authority?

Authority Apollo would annihilate ultimate Thor without any doubt. He's such a cool, nice, gay motherf***er, trained in nasty moves by his mate Midnighter, who is the paragon of a badass.

DigiMark007
Yeah, Apollo isn't far from Supes level....and properly charged can probably make a case for being slightly above Supes. In any case, he trashes Ultimate Thor.

Dr.Fate
really? i thought it would have been closer wat are some of Apollo's feats?

soleran30
well he does lose his steam rather quickly so its gonna depend on if Thor can handle the man heatsmile

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Dr.Fate
really? i thought it would have been closer wat are some of Apollo's feats?

He's flown down an active volcano to the Earth's crust and been fine, inoculated the entire surface of the moon (which was infested with aliens) with his heat vision, lifted a skyscraper taller and larger than any building in Los Angeles (and was smiling while he did it).

The list could go on, but those are a few of his higher-end feats. I also remember him incinerating dozens of super-powered beings simply by emitting an aura of heat.

His one achilles heel is that he loses power rather fast sometimes....but he's been shown to last long enough that he shouldn't have a problem dealing with Ultimate Thor.

wannabe
Apart from his enormous powers, his probably most important advantage is, that he has absolutely no problem to kill an opponent as fast as possible and in the most efficient way possible.

roughrider
Apollo from the Authority, or Marvel Apollo?

Auth. Apollo is Gay; Marvel Apollo just looks, well... wink

Aliases: None

Height: 6'
Weight: 480 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Distinguishing Features: None

Occupation: God of light, music, poetry, medicine, and the sciences
Citizenship: Olympus
Place of Creation/Birth: Mount Cynthus, island of Delos, Mediterranean Sea

Known Relatives: Zeus (father), Leto (mother), Artemis (sister), Gaea (great-grandmother), Thor (son of Gaea), Ouranos (great-grandfather), Rhea, Phoebe (grandmothers), Venus, Athena (half sisters), Ares, Dionysus, Hephaestus, Hercules, Hermes (half brothers), Neptune, Pluto (uncles), Demeter, Hera, Vesta (aunts), Cupid (Eros, nephew)
Known Allies: Hercules, Olympian gods, Thor, Horus, Indra, Questzocoatl, Shango, Tawa
Known Enemies: Demogorge, Typhon

Intelligence: Normal (4/10)
Strength: Superhuman Class 50 (8/12)
Speed: Superhuman (6/10)
Stamina: Godlike (9/10)
Durability: Superhuman (7/14)
Agility: Superhuman (6/7)
Reflexes: Superhuman (6/7)
Fighting Skills: Good hand-to-hand combatant
Special Skills/Abilities: Extraordinary archer and musician, plays the lyre
Superhuman physical powers: In addition to the above listed physical abilities, Apollo possesses virtual immortality, the power to radiate great heat and light at will, and the power to heal the injuries of others with superhuman rapidity.
Superhuman Mental Powers: Precognitive abilities enabling him to perceive events in alternate futures.
Special Limitations: None
Source of Superhuman Powers: Apollo is a member of the race of superhumans known as the gods of Olympus.
Personal Weaponry: Bow and arrows

Pepito
Apollo wins and Ultimate Thor is the worst interpretation of him ever.

soleran30
Originally posted by Pepito
Apollo wins and Ultimate Thor is the worst interpretation of him ever.

I don't know about the worst I mean a long blond haired hippie with a hammer!

The_Olympian
how come people keep saying Thor could take out Superman and Apollo (The Authority I'm assuming) is "ON PAR" with superman. Doesn't make sense if you ask me.

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
His one achilles heel is that he loses power rather fast sometimes....but he's been shown to last long enough that he shouldn't have a problem dealing with Ultimate Thor.

*ahem*.... his "one" Achilles heel?..... have you forgotten how he reacts to getting hit with electrical attacks?

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/9683/scan259april1920066fr.th.jpg http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2271/scan260april2020067gt.th.jpg

Let's face it... the guy that took him down was nothing but a cheap Thor knock off (same as this guy)

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/9223/thor17xg.th.jpg http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4306/thor29id.th.jpg

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1549/thor37jh.th.jpg

Validus
Originally posted by The_Olympian
how come people keep saying Thor could take out Superman and Apollo (The Authority I'm assuming) is "ON PAR" with superman. Doesn't make sense if you ask me.
Those people aren't talking about Ultimate Thor.

Scoobless
Meh.... Ult Thor still owns Apollo

The_Olympian
Ultimate Thor is pretty dang powerful though, look what he did to the Skrull ship!

joesha28
He's a pacifist and for that ppl took him for a nut case. Well it's time for Golmen to show his stuff.

Scoobless
Golmen?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Scoobless
Meh.... Ult Thor still owns Apollo

Meh, I hadn't read that yet when I wrote my earlier comments.

But yeah, Thor controls a weakness of Apollo. Strong enough electrical charge will negate his solar charge (though, in Apollo's defense, he later ruined that Thor clone).

But Apollo is probably more powerful than Ult. Thor overall...I still stand by that assessment. But he loses because it's just a bad matchup for Apollo.

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Meh, I hadn't read that yet when I wrote my earlier comments.

The "Storm God" incident? yes you had..... didn't you bring it up way back in the Amalgam tourney when your Loki/Apollo/Zod abomination got his ass kicked?

stick out tongue

joesha28
Golmen?

Thorlief Golmen.......Ult Thor's name.

Swanky-Tuna
Wouldn't seeing another Thunder God tell him to either rush him at full power like he did the Thor clone the second time or fly into orbit, charge up, and then rush the Thor clone at full power?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Wouldn't seeing another Thunder God tell him to either rush him at full power like he did the Thor clone the second time or fly into orbit, charge up, and then rush the Thor clone at full power?

Yeah, which is how he might win. It's definitely not a 10/10 scenario either way, and I still believe Apollo possesses more potential power. But if he hangs around to brawl, one lightning bolt and he'll likely be screwed.

DigiMark007
The "Storm God" incident? yes you had..... didn't you bring it up way back in the Amalgam tourney when your Loki/Apollo/Zod abomination got his ass kicked?

stick out tongue

Beats the hell outa me...this is an old thread. In any case, I wasn't aware of the lightning weakness for a while....I think the tourney was what first made me aware of it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.