Greivous VS Greivous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

docb77
I'm sure you've all noticed a few differences between the General Greivous we saw in the clone wars cartoon and the one we finally saw in the movie.

So... who's the ultimate Saber twirling, mechanized menace.

the cartoon one who uses his legs and hands interchangably or the movie one.

setting Geonosis arena all by their lonesomes. They both have as many lightsabers as they care to use.

kamikz
Uh..they are the same.

MC Spartan
Wow, retardedness.

Guy LeDouche
Clone Wars Grevious was 10 times better than RotS Grevious.

kamikz
No, they are the same, the series just made Grievous overpoered everyone. It's the same thing as to say Mace Windu is much better during the middle of the Clone Wars then he is in ROTS.

Guy LeDouche
You just said they made them better.

kamikz
Yes, but what logic is there that Mace grew weaker after/near the end of the Clone Wars? The cartoons are silly, you think Mace could kill an army of droids unarmed and jump several kilomiters when he with 200 other jedi in the movies could not defeat the droids in the arena.

Fishy
Indeed the CW has overpowered characters if you would scale down there power then GG would be the same.

however GG did get cut up by Mace once, then apparently again at the end of the CW cartoons, although in LOE they also fight and GG receives none of this injuries, so the second fight is debatable on what really happened.

However it is possible that after GG got cut up the first time some things were permanently damaged or not repaired adequately and that he is slight weaker then at the start of the CW.. Keep in mind this is based on absolutely nothing.

Guy LeDouche
I know the CW were overpowered and silly. But the question isn't to power them down. It is, "Who would win? CW Grevious or RotS Grevious?" CW Grevious is better. He wins.

kamikz
Yes, but that would not explain Mace loss of power. (Or HUGE boost of power)

Guy LeDouche
It matter. Just because Mace is CW isn't what he was in RotS, doesn't mean shit. CW isn't reliable because of everyone being so poerful. In this case, Greivous in CW is more powerful than Greivous in RotS. CW Greivous wins. End of story.

Fishy
Ah but if you don't power him down he goes against what is shown in the movies and is therefor none canon, he loses because he doesn't exist in that powerful state.

Guy LeDouche
Okay. He doesn't exist. Fine.

Arker
Grievous was crippled in Clone Wars. But I wouldn't trust Clone Wars, because it was a poor demonstration of what really happened in between AotC and RotS. It does seem he's very much injured in RotS, so I'd have to go with the CW Grievous.

Blaxican_Jedi
CW greivous woukld win. or rather he would win if we wwere using the GG that fought Adi and those other Jedi. he got weakened severely by mce.

darthsith19
This thread is dumb, because CW Grievous would own, since he's so overpowered in the cartoon. However, I think even if he hadn't been overpowered he'd have won, because he was injured in ROTS, due to Mace crushing his chest. Now, I know everyone says that's not why grievous coughs, it's cause GL wanted the audience to know that he wasn't all droid, but someone in the ROTS AC said it was because of Mace crushing his chest and in the Clone Wars Volume 2 dvd it says that Lucas called the makers of that show and told them to make a reason for Grievous's cough. So yes, GL did put it in there to show the audience that he wasn't all robot, but he created the reason for the cough threw the Cartoon.

Faunus
Yet that contradicts LoE, in which nothing like that happens to Grievous.

And please tell us who in the commentary stated that "Mace crushed Grievous's chest."

Guy LeDouche
In CW he does.

darthsith19
So Lucas calling the makers of the Clone Wars Animated Series and specifically telling them to make a reason for Grievous's cough is overrules by LOE. I don't think so.

I can't tell you off the top of my head, I'll have to get back to you. But if anyone knows do tell.

Blaxican_Jedi
Dude they show Mace crush his chest... everyone in my family even the anti-starwras junkies know that...

Captain REX
And yet there is evidence to contradict the show.

The CW is a very poor thing to use for any Vs. thread, because of how overpowered they are. If Lucas had made it himself, it probably would not be so overpowered.

Grievous was, possibly, never as good as he appears in the show. He loses to Kenobi in under a minute in ROTS, whereas the television show shows him killing people better than Kenobi with ease. Meanwhile, everywhere else, Grievous runs when there are too many Jedi fighting him at once.

CW is not reliable.

Wesker
Agreed. And Faunus had an excellent point that Grievous won mostly through "shock and terror" tactics as opposed to sheer lightsaber mastery.

Captain REX
Indeed. Just look at Sha'a Gi, the Padawan he kills in CW. The poor lad flips out.

Wesker
I haven't seen the clone wars cartoons. I saw a picture of them on Sw.com and I said... "Uh... no."

Captain REX
Heh!

The fight in CW where he forces six Jedi to take cover in a wrecked Star Destroyer (which is rather spacious as it has been gutted by fire) is definitely a scare tactics one.

Keep in mind that the Jedi are Ki-Adi-Mundi, Shaak Ti, Aayla Secura, K'Kruhk, a Cerean named Tarr Seir, and a Padawan named Sha'a Gi.

Grievous clomps around outside the ship and on the ship where they can't see, Sha'a just watched Grievous kill his Master so flips out and charges outside in terror only to be crushed.

Then, Grievous vanishes again, and sneaks into the Star Destroyer and leaps down on the Jedi when they least expect him. He does all his flashiest tricks that the Jedi just can't comprehend (it is the first appearance of Grievous in the war) and then curbstomps Tarr and Aayla when they're not expecting it, same with Shaak Ti. K'Kruhk gets cut down. Ki-Adi-Mundi fights on but is disarmed because Grievous is a blurry maniac with three lightsabers, one on his foot.

It's all scare tactics.

Wesker
Yeah, that's what Faunus pretty much said. And LOE reflects that.

Blaxican_Jedi
Yeah I never inteneded to say that the CW show was good cannon. I was just merely pointing out that Mace did crush GG's chest. And was Aayla Secura really in that fight? DId she got knmocked out early?

Arker
Good cannon?

Captain REX
It's more accurate and bigger explosion. raver

And Aayla was the second person to be knocked out of the fight.

Arker
Say what?....

Bigger explosion, huh? Heh.... Wait, wha?

darthsith19
Yeah, I don't think Grievous was really ever as strong as he was in the Microseries but I think he was as strong as he was in LOE and any other novels that he was in.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.