Punisher vs. Post crisis Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thor Man
Yes, I know WTF am I smokin'? But seriously, I want to know is there any conceivable way for Punisher to defeat Superman.

Just remembered an old Punisher story where he kills just about every major hero in the Marvel Universe. Of course he mostly relied on prep and tons of PIS and CIS. Could this same Punisher defeat Supes? Let's say he's already managed to kill off all superhumans on Marvel Earth and Supes suddenly arrives. What possible scenarios can Frank use to bring down the Man of Steel? There's no kryptonite on Marvel Earth and Frank's not a genius so if he's relying on tech try to make it something he could possibly know how to use.

Darth Kal-El
If you give him prep, he can snipe superman with kryptonite bullets. Or he can just bring kryptonite along with him. That's the only thing he can do.

TheKahn
Kryptonite is overrated...

illadelph12
laughing

Why are you doing this to my boy Frank?

jgiant
Yup he could strap himself full of kryptonite and then shoot sups ass with some kryptonite bullets...

illadelph12
You are aware Superman could punch Frank 100 times in the nuts and heat vision his wisdom teeth before the first bullet leaves the chamber of Frank's gun, right?

I'm a devout Punisher Fan, but I'm not crazy.

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by illadelph12
You are aware Superman could punch Frank 100 times in the nuts and heat vision his wisdom teeth before the first bullet leaves the chamber of Frank's gun, right?

I'm a devout Punisher Fan, but I'm not crazy. well like i said, if they meet accidentally w/o prep, Superman KO's him. But if Punisher has prep, kryptonite bullets can do the job. Or he can just bring Kryptonite to the battle and kick superman in the balls.

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by illadelph12
I'm a devout Punisher Fan, but I'm not crazy. yeah well i am a devout Superman fan.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
well like i said, if they meet accidentally w/o prep, Superman KO's him. But if Punisher has prep, kryptonite bullets can do the job. Or he can just bring Kryptonite to the battle and kick superman in the balls.

Wouldn't Superman's speed enable him to dodge the bullets?

The Ion
well like i said, if they meet accidentally w/o prep, Superman KO's him. But if Punisher has prep, kryptonite bullets can do the job. Or he can just bring Kryptonite to the battle and kick superman in the balls.
He's right though. Hell, Superman has had K-nite pumped directly into his bloodstream and he was still Class 100 with a good amount of invulnerablity.

TheKahn
Superman could just hit Frank with heat vision from miles away or throw a building on top of him. Really Frank doesn't have much of a chance. erm

TheKahn
Originally posted by DarkCrawler

Or hit him before Frank can even pull the trigger.

Darth Kal-El
Wouldn't Superman's speed enable him to dodge the bullets? in my previous post, i said "snipe superman from away"

jgiant
Originally posted by TheKahn
Superman could just hit Frank with heat vision from miles away or throw a building on top of him. Really Frank doesn't have much of a chance. erm Originally posted by The Ion
He's right though. Hell, Superman has had K-nite pumped directly into his bloodstream and he was still Class 100 with a good amount of invulnerablity. I was thinking the same thing, just didn't know if anyone else thought so too...and i have saw sups go down to his knees with kryptonite...i don't know...sups would win if he was well written...

TheKahn
prep is overrated...

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/559/06098st.th.png

Dr.Fate
why would Punisher want to kill Superman not even the Punisher is that stupid. I hope

The Ion
prep is overrated...

laughing

leonidas
prep is overrated...

priceless . . ..
big grin

illadelph12
Classic laughing

Thor Man

Superman would be careless to dodge the bullets, he would think frank is just an ordinary thug with man made bullets, but frank has Kryptonite bullets =).

BANG BANG BANG

Superman: AGHHHH!

Superman falls to the ground.

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by Thor Man
Superman would be careless to dodge the bullets, he would think frank is just an ordinary thug with man made bullets, but frank has Kryptonite bullets =).

BANG BANG BANG

Superman: AGHHHH!

Superman falls to the ground. uhh no...

roughrider
prep is overrated...

hysterical
Awesome.

jasofisc
he could just shoot supes in the face while he's sleeping with k night bullets

Juntai
well like i said, if they meet accidentally w/o prep, Superman KO's him. But if Punisher has prep, kryptonite bullets can do the job. Or he can just bring Kryptonite to the battle and kick superman in the balls. Except the thread creator said no Kryptonite.
Not that having a kryptonite bullet is going to all of a sudden kill Superman. He's dealt with people using them before. Remember. It's just a speeding bullet.

spetznaz
in my previous post, i said "snipe superman from away"

Sniping might not be as effective as one may think.

Take Batman for example .....some perp tried to shoot him using a sniper rifle, and Batman felt the pressure change in the air and instinctively got out of the way before the bullet could impact.
I have the scan below.
Anyways, if Batman can be able to do that by simply feeling the pressure change (and goodness, Batgirl does such stuff all the time) ...then Kal-El can certainly detect a bullet heading towards him.

If the Punisher pulls the trigger he'd better hope that his bullet is travelling at light speed, because anything slower is his @$$.
Now, since bullets do not traverse distances at light speed then the Punisher is facing a real crisis (a good rifle can have a speed of ranging from 600 to 4,000 feet per second, with the large majority having a speed around the speed of sound: approx. 1,100 feet per second..... although a silenced rifle will have a far slower speed .....but even assuming Punisher goes for a powerful rifle the speed of the bullet will be far slower than what is needed to befuddle Superman).

Anyways, (EFFECTIVELY) using a sniper rifle against Batman would be a severe challenge that is prone to (catastrophic) failure.
However, using a sniper rifle against Superman would be tantamount to suicide.

Anyways ....here is the scan as promised (if Batman can do this then what can Superman do?):

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5498/detectivecomics8042005page218f.jpg
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/9452/detectivecomics8042005page229q.jpg

bench261
well he is faster than a speeding bullet...seriously, heat vision beats bullets everytime.

and that punisher vs marvel universe was just pure comedy

The Ion
laughing out loud Nice Batman scan. Peak human...right.

spetznaz
Originally posted by The Ion

Yep.
LOL.
Batman as 'peak human' is one of the biggest (undiscovered) jokes in comics. He consistently does things that are beyond most superheroes (note: SUPERheroes).
Check out the following Batman Respect site (one of the best if not THE best): Batman Respect site

The site has his feats subdivided into categories, and some of his feats are, simply put, NOT peak human but something else.
Something higher.

One that made me laugh was when he caught a zooming and wafting Impulse (note: a speed-force speedster) by the hair without even looking.
Batman has the JLA fooled .....he aint no human (pardon the vernacular).

Anyways, here are a couple of scans that show 'peak human' speed (cough cough - superspeed-cough).

http://img121.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-28100/loc24/77b_batimpulse.jpg
http://img12.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-16252/loc124/c18_batreflexes.jpg
http://img18.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-24195/loc69/ca4_batgl1.jpg
http://img17.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-22888/loc113/572_batgl2.jpg

spetznaz
Originally posted by The Ion

Know what .....DC should print a one-shot Batman thing that explores his 'peak humanity.'
A sample panel would be of Batman swinging of a Batline as usual,but then the last panel would show what the batline grappel is attached to .......and it would be nothing.
Basically it would have Batman as having fooled everyone into believing he swings from a batline, when in reality the Batline is nothing but a length of rope held taut by his 'telekinesis,' and that he actually 'flies.'
They'd also show that his disappearing act (which he likes to pull on Gordon) is actually 'teleportation.'
They could show him outracing the Flash.
That he is actually both the Martian Manhunter and WonderWoman .....in that he split 'clones' of himself and 'shapeshifted' them into a green Martian telepath and a Greek demo-goddess.
The true power of Oa could be shown as coming from some generator in the Batcave.

And maybe at the end they could have the Spectre going forth to get his next mission, and kneeling before a celestial Batman ...and calling him sire.
End panel!

Oh .....and Alfred would actually be Darkseid in disguise.

Ex11B
Wow,poor frank.....whats next,bucky vs fin fang foom?

illadelph12
Snatching Kyle's ring is a speed feat? David Blaine could do that.

The Ion
Originally posted by spetznaz
Yep.
LOL.
Batman as 'peak human' is one of the biggest (undiscovered) jokes in comics. He consistently does things that are beyond most superheroes (note: SUPERheroes).
Check out the following Batman Respect site (one of the best if not THE best): Batman Respect site

The site has his feats subdivided into categories, and some of his feats are, simply put, NOT peak human but something else.
Something higher.

One that made me laugh was when he caught a zooming and wafting Impulse (note: a speed-force speedster) by the hair without even looking.
Batman has the JLA fooled .....he aint no human (pardon the vernacular).

Anyways, here are a couple of scans that show 'peak human' speed (cough cough - superspeed-cough).

Nice site. I especially like the one where he bends multiple steel bars at the same time to restrain someone and also where he lifts 300lbs with one hand and broken ribs. confused

Marcus4600
Well, we all know that Frank is a sneaky mother f*cker. He'd just wait on the rooftops of Metropolis, and find out Superman's patterns. Then, he'd set a trap for him that would release Kryptonite dust into a room, or rig a bomb with a explosion with the same radiation as kryptonite. Outside of setting a trap, it ain't happening.

Juntai
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Well, we all know that Frank is a sneaky mother f*cker. He'd just wait on the rooftops of Metropolis, and find out Superman's patterns. Then, he'd set a trap for him that would release Kryptonite dust into a room, or rig a bomb with a explosion with the same radiation as kryptonite. Outside of setting a trap, it ain't happening. From what I gather, simply mimic-ed radiation won't work. It -has- to be a piece of his homeworld.

In either case, neither of those plots would work, Superman took a nuke while standing in kryptonite. lol.
Its all a fable.

Juntai
Now, since people seemed to miss it, and it's been stated multiple times in the thread.

NO KRYPTONITE.
IT SAYS IT IN THE ORIGINAL POST.

jgiant
than he has no chance

roughrider
If no Kryptonite, fine. He lures him into a warehouse full of red sun projectors( ala Superman: Red Son), and f**ks him up while he can.
Other than that, Punisher is toast here.

Mider
is prep time even stated and has frank done stuff like that?

chris_64256
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/4994/wtfcat4js.th.jpg

chris_64256
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2285/threadblows5rq.th.jpg

MrHeavySilence
Know what .....DC should print a one-shot Batman thing that explores his 'peak humanity.'
A sample panel would be of Batman swinging of a Batline as usual,but then the last panel would show what the batline grappel is attached to .......and it would be nothing.
Basically it would have Batman as having fooled everyone into believing he swings from a batline, when in reality the Batline is nothing but a length of rope held taut by his 'telekinesis,' and that he actually 'flies.'
They'd also show that his disappearing act (which he likes to pull on Gordon) is actually 'teleportation.'
They could show him outracing the Flash.
That he is actually both the Martian Manhunter and WonderWoman .....in that he split 'clones' of himself and 'shapeshifted' them into a green Martian telepath and a Greek demo-goddess.
The true power of Oa could be shown as coming from some generator in the Batcave.

And maybe at the end they could have the Spectre going forth to get his next mission, and kneeling before a celestial Batman ...and calling him sire.
End panel!

Oh .....and Alfred would actually be Darkseid in disguise.

That would make a cool one-shot

Fanboy
Well, we all know that Frank is a sneaky mother f*cker. He'd just wait on the rooftops of Metropolis, and find out Superman's patterns. Then, he'd set a trap for him that would release Kryptonite dust into a room, or rig a bomb with a explosion with the same radiation as kryptonite. Outside of setting a trap, it ain't happening.

Blah blah you know what I hear is a another Wolverine8888 Tony Stark.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Fanboy

You should go to a shrink about those voices - stick out tongue

If Frank is given full knowledge of Superman's weaknesses and as much prep as he wants, then yes, he can kill him

smile

Marcus4600
Originally posted by Fanboy

No, you're hearing a realist. You don't wanna admit that Superman can be killed by a man with no powers, then fine. I've got two words for you, and that's Lex Luthor. Superman usually gets beat by humans because they outsmart him. He's not an incredibly brainy character. Keep your opinions of me to yourself, because you have no evidence that I'm a fanboy, but I have plenty of evidence that you're a dick.

spetznaz
No, you're hearing a realist. You don't wanna admit that Superman can be killed by a man with no powers, then fine. I've got two words for you, and that's Lex Luthor. Superman usually gets beat by humans because they outsmart him. He's not an incredibly brainy character. Keep your opinions of me to yourself, because you have no evidence that I'm a fanboy, but I have plenty of evidence that you're a dick.

Lex Luthor.
Interesting point.

Although I'd be happy to see what Frank Castle can do that Lex, with all his genius intellect, his financial resources, and his passion for the demise of Superman .....plus access to not only the best tech Earth can offer but also wartech from Apokolips ....hasn't been able to do.

I'd love to hear how Castle could accomplish what Luthor has failed to do for so long. Have any ideas?
Oh, wait a minute ....you actually do.

You said the following: Well, we all know that Frank is a sneaky mother f*cker. He'd just wait on the rooftops of Metropolis, and find out Superman's patterns. Then, he'd set a trap for him that would release Kryptonite dust into a room, or rig a bomb with a explosion with the same radiation as kryptonite.

Weird that Luthor could never think of such a stratagem.
He shouldn't have wasted all that time getting Apokolips armor with red-ray repulsors and kryptonite gauntlets, as well as all those years coming up with very complex anti-Superman plans, when all he could have done is write down Kal El's flight patterns and set off a krypo-dust bomb.

Maybe he knows kryptonite is not all it is meant to be. Superman took a nuke blast point blank, even when he was severely poisoned with kryptonite.

Juntai
Lex Luthor.
Interesting point.

Although I'd be happy to see what Frank Castle can do that Lex, with all his genius intellect, his financial resources, and his passion for the demise of Superman .....plus access to not only the best tech Earth can offer but also wartech from Apokolips ....hasn't been able to do.

I'd love to hear how Castle could accomplish what Luthor has failed to do for so long. Have any ideas?
Oh, wait a minute ....you actually do.

You said the following: Well, we all know that Frank is a sneaky mother f*cker. He'd just wait on the rooftops of Metropolis, and find out Superman's patterns. Then, he'd set a trap for him that would release Kryptonite dust into a room, or rig a bomb with a explosion with the same radiation as kryptonite.

Weird that Luthor could never think of such a stratagem.
He shouldn't have wasted all that time getting Apokolips armor with red-ray repulsors and kryptonite gauntlets, as well as all those years coming up with very complex anti-Superman plans, when all he could have done is write down Kal El's flight patterns and set off a krypo-dust bomb.

Maybe he knows kryptonite is not all it is meant to be. Superman took a nuke blast point blank, even when he was severely poisoned with kryptonite. Well, also mentioning once again, that the thread says no kryptonite.

Marcus4600
No kryptonite? Hmmm. Well, there are always alternatives. Duplicating the radiation from a red sun and a .50 cal could work. Other than that, there's not really a way. This thread should have just been called 100 ways to kill Kal-El

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.