Where do you live? Town,city??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

manny321
Talk about where you live and if you live in a city or town talk about it.
Is ita boring place or a fun place. Is a safe place or a place plauged by violence. So you live in the suburbs,country or the city??

I live in Canada outside the city of Toronto (Pop 2.8 million). Its actually a suburb of Toronto. Its called Brampton and has a population of around 415,000. You think that would make it a whole city by it self but its really a suburb of Toronto.

Its a safe area with a very diverse population around 30% brown,10-15% black,asian and the rest are white. Its very peaceful but its damn boring. There are no nightclubs and the only place people hang out is the theater. Its a very boring city.

Maybe that the price to pay to live in a safe city.

debbiejo
I live in the Thumb area of Michigan....about 40 miles North of Detoit....Nicer here.......NO CRIME!!

BackFire
It says right under my avatar.

Inspectah Deck
The Bronx, NYC

Quiero Mota
Phoenix, AZ; born and raised! I lived here most of my life except for my 6 year stint in the Army.

Yes its fun; sixth largest city in the union!

manny321
In Canada the only big cities are Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, and Calgary.

Calgary is the place to work.
Vancouver is the place to live.
Montreal has a very unique culture.
Toronto is a place to work,a place to live and has a great culture as well.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Phoenix, AZ; born and raised! I lived here most of my life except for my 6 year stint in the Army.

Yes its fun; sixth largest city in the union! I lived there for 3 wopping months....

BlackSunshine
Huntsville Texas

Lana
I live in Brookfield, IL; it's a little suburb of about 19,000 people just outside of Chicago. If anyone's heard of the Brookfield Zoo, I'm about a mile from there.

I don't really like my town, it's really small and really boring, the only things in Brookfield are the zoo and a bowling alley and that's about it, and everything is completely dead by about 9 pm. But it's close to Chicago, so I can easily go there to do stuff.

DiamondBullets
Hometown: Aiea, Hawai'i

Current Location: The University of Nebraska, Lincoln

Ladyluck
Originally posted by manny321
In Canada the only big cities are Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, and Calgary.

Calgary is the place to work.
Vancouver is the place to live.
Montreal has a very unique culture.
Toronto is a place to work,a place to live and has a great culture as well.

You forgot the nation's capital, Ottawa. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Best place to live. Little bit of everything.

Koala MeatPie
I live in a VILLAGE

Population: Corn.

(740 people TOPS)

Eis
The population of the city I live in is 9 million, which is more than half of the population of the country where I'm from.

Neix
Omaha, Nebraska. It's a homey little place.

fini
I live in Sangre Grande

Got a population of 15,000 I think and its a good place to live.

finti
Stavanger, Norway

so where do you live and where are you from, not many cities in the world with 9 million.
a list over large cities

Eis
Originally posted by finti
Stavanger, Norway

so where do you live and where are you from, not many cities in the world with 9 million.
a list over large cities
That list should be updated, and I can't say where I'm from... It's a long story. And I can't say where I live either, same story.

finti
fair enough and the list doesnt include surrounding areas

Slay
Eygelshoven,Limburg...Just outside of Kerkrade,which is just outside of Heerlen,which is just outside of Maastricht no expression

finti
ohh Maastricht MVV

Slay
Originally posted by finti
ohh Maastricht MVV
Yes...but I'm a Roda JC fan myself

finti
Pah-Modou Kah

botankus
Raleigh, North Carolina.

Atlantis001

finti
unless they counted people twice big grin

cool_dudes_rule
i live in coalville, England and its fecking horrible, i rather live in Sussex.

manny321
Well its more fun then boring Calgary but nowhere near a party place as Toronto, Vacouver, Montreal.

My town boring. There is like 415,00 people and like nothing happens here. Like only 4 people got murdered last year.

Phat J
My town boring. Like only 4 people got murdered last year.

your town does suck stick out tongue

i live in kingston in canada and i have no idea how many people live here.

debbiejo
^ I've been to Kingston........ok, now that makes 3 places I've been..

Oh, and only 1 person got murdered here 2 years ago...and that was of a wife killing her husband........

Sir Whirlysplat
London, England - A truly wonderful city, home of 100 years ago the largest empire ever seen on earth wink and just over 60 years ago the blitz spirit, 40 years ago The Beatles and the World Cup, 30 years ago Punk rock. London I Love it! Soon to host the Olympics.

Victor Von Doom

My town boring. There is like 415,00 people and like nothing happens here. Like only 4 people got murdered last year.

Since when was interest measured in terms of the murder/population ratio?

debbiejo
To add spice to the conversation maybe.......Things can get boring ya know.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by debbiejo
To add spice to the conversation maybe.......Things can get boring ya know.

Whatever happened to the days of discussing basket-making, or vintage wines, or the latest local grassroots political action?

Murder indeed. Didn't happen in the 80's. Also not before.

soleran30
Springfield, Missouri!

Originally from Washington DC, 12 years of super mega traffic!

debbiejo
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Whatever happened to the days of discussing basket-making, or vintage wines, or the latest local grassroots political action?

Murder indeed. Didn't happen in the 80's. Also not before. Well...........We could always put something interesting in there about our town/where we live.

For instance, We have lots of lakes here, and Michigan has more lakes than any other state......

Capt_Fantastic
San Francisco, California

Phat J
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well...........We could always put something interesting in there about our town/where we live.

For instance, We have lots of lakes here, and Michigan has more lakes than any other state......

yes, very stimulating...

i like dogs, i have two of them.

Shakyamunison
Town

manny321
In Brampton we have a lot of new subdivions and houses. Mile after mile, after mile, after mile., but hey i live in one.
However thats the reason this place is so boring.

Its dead (like a ghost town) on my street in the winter. It turns quite alive in the summer though.

Well in my city last year there was a man found dead in a hotel, a little girl drowned by her uncle, a black kid shot by other black kids, and one man stabed at a club.
But hey, there are 415,000 people in the town, this kid of stuff will always happen.
However the case with black kid is most serious because he got shot by a gang.

manny321
Now London! thats a fun great city.
My city Brampton is boring however go on a 30 min drive down the highway, and there iss lots of fun in downtown Toronto.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Phat J
yes, very stimulating...

i like dogs, i have two of them. Cool place, where every buddy knows your name..................."CHEERS!" eek!

debbiejo
Coming back now..............Did I say something stupid like that???????

laughing out loud

Imaginary
Sydney, Australia. I loved living here up until the riots in Cronulla late last year. I still wouldn't move, but it's not as safe as it once was.

Mindship
NYC

Da preacher
Kortrijk, in Belgium.
It's a small city of 100.000 people in the province of West-Flanders and 10 mins. driving from the French border.

Nothing important about it except it's known for it's flax production on the banks of the Leie also known as the golden river and that the Flemish army consisting of peasants on foot defeated an army consisting of French knights there in the year 1302.

My school's build on the battlefield.

The French castle is gone but we do have the Broel towers and 2 medieval churches. .

The Broeltowers and the Leie:

http://www.kuleuven-kortrijk.be/renwv/nazorg/web/irfan/voorbeelden/kortrijk.jpg

The curch of St. Martin:

http://www.trabel.com/kortrijk/images/kortrijk-markt%201.jpg

Church of OLV:

http://www.drk.be/admin/module_drs/upload/Kortrijk_OLVKerk%20nieuw.jpg

The Kortrijk skyline:

http://www.landschap.vlaanderen.be/belfort/beelden/belfort/kortrijk/kortrijkbelf20m.jpg

laughing laughing

manny321
Your city may be small but it atleast looks nice.

Darth_Erebus
Las Vegas Nevada, When I moved here in 1985 the pop was 500,000, now it's 1.8 million, not the biggest town but where else do you see that kind of growth?

omaga
Exeter England

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.