GL Corps Recharge #5(spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
What did everybody think of the mini-series? I liked it better than thought I would and I might give the ongoing a try.

Question though. I have noticed somethings about the GL's rings that they couldn't do before and that would be their constructs don't dissapear. In issue #5 they made a sling for the injured GL(don't remember name). In Rann/Thannagar war #5 Kyle made a construct with a livable atmosphere that he said would last long enough for them to rebuild their planet.

Have they always been able to do this?

Lucid Lui
I haven't read issue 5 yet, but i've really enjoyed it so far. I'm a huge fan of Gleason's art. And the writing's been good.

The Ion
Originally posted by snoopdogg
What did everybody think of the mini-series? I liked it better than thought I would and I might give the ongoing a try.

Question though. I have noticed somethings about the GL's rings that they couldn't do before and that would be their constructs don't dissapear. In issue #5 they made a sling for the injured GL(don't remember name). In Rann/Thannagar war #5 Kyle made a construct with a livable atmosphere that he said would last long enough for them to rebuild their planet.

Have they always been able to do this?
It's an overlooked skill but they've done it before.

jrodslam
I thought the mini was cool. I like the new recruits, especially the duo. I cant wait for the ongoing to start.

The thing about their constructs is that its based off the concentration of the Lantern. They have had the ability to leave constructs behind for some time now. There was a time where John trapped Hal in a protection bubble in space, then went to Earth to find Guy i believe. There was also a time where Guy trapped John and flew off somewhere. Gnorts uncle also used the ring to make steaks on a tree lol. Hal trapped a mob inside a construct, then went to fight Black Hand. All this goes back to the late 80's early 90's. I assume they have always been able to do this depending on how much energy they put in the construct.

Lucid Lui
Finally read it. Great finish to a great mini. I'll definately be getting the trade.

I got goosebumps reading the double page spread of the Lanterns charging up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.