Baby boy dies from abuse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackSunshine
This is so sad

Baby boy dies from injuries suffered at hands of alleged abuser
Baby boy suffered numerous injuries
By Kevin Quinn
(3/01/06 - KTRK/NEEDVILLE, TX) - Area police are investigating the murder of a victim just ten months old. This tragic story of a baby killed comes from Needville, in Fort Bend County.

Last Thursday, Needville police responded to a 911 call about a choking child. Paramedics rushed the 10-month-old boy to Oak Bend Medical Center in Richmond. He was then flown to Texas Children's Hospital in Houston, where he died.

"The official autopsy report showed blunt force trauma to the head," said Needville Police Chief Michael Dickerson.

Dickerson says the infant had been hit in the head repeatedly and that he suffered multiple skull fractures.

He said, "Somebody did do this to the child. It's just narrowing it down and eliminating the suspects."

Police are not yet naming any suspects in the boy's death. As in any investigation, they're looking first at those closest to the victim. They say an arrest is forthcoming.

Neighbors say no child should die such a horrific death, especially in a small town like Needville, where the population is less than 3,000. They say these things just don't happen.

"It's just very sad," said neighbor Jim Morales. "I wouldn't want that to happen to me."

CPS removed the victim's eight-year-old sister from the home at least temporarily.

Authorities are calling this a case of capital murder because of the victim's age. There are no arrests at this time.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by BlackSunshine
This is so sad

Baby boy dies from injuries suffered at hands of alleged abuser
Baby boy suffered numerous injuries
By Kevin Quinn
(3/01/06 - KTRK/NEEDVILLE, TX) - Area police are investigating the murder of a victim just ten months old. This tragic story of a baby killed comes from Needville, in Fort Bend County.

Last Thursday, Needville police responded to a 911 call about a choking child. Paramedics rushed the 10-month-old boy to Oak Bend Medical Center in Richmond. He was then flown to Texas Children's Hospital in Houston, where he died.

"The official autopsy report showed blunt force trauma to the head," said Needville Police Chief Michael Dickerson.

Dickerson says the infant had been hit in the head repeatedly and that he suffered multiple skull fractures.

He said, "Somebody did do this to the child. It's just narrowing it down and eliminating the suspects."

Police are not yet naming any suspects in the boy's death. As in any investigation, they're looking first at those closest to the victim. They say an arrest is forthcoming.

Neighbors say no child should die such a horrific death, especially in a small town like Needville, where the population is less than 3,000. They say these things just don't happen.

"It's just very sad," said neighbor Jim Morales. "I wouldn't want that to happen to me."

CPS removed the victim's eight-year-old sister from the home at least temporarily.

Authorities are calling this a case of capital murder because of the victim's age. There are no arrests at this time.

Interesting.

If he had been aborted just a few months earlier, then the abuser wouldn't have to face a charge of capital murder.

Quiero Mota
Thats true, homes.

PVS
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Interesting.

If he had been aborted just a few months earlier, then the abuser wouldn't have to face a charge of capital murder.

you're getting really obnoxious with this cross-thread off topic nonsense.
let. it. go.

BlackSunshine
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Interesting.

geez you sure are nice

StyleTime
Very sad story indeed. What's worse is that it may have been the parent who actually beat the kid.

cool_dudes_rule
woah, that is bad.

Alpha Centauri
Welcome to Earth.

-AC

Makedde
Some people just make me sick.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Welcome to Earth.

-AC

That was a great line by Will Smith in Independence Day but what does that hafta do with the thread?

Makedde
^I think he means shit happens.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Makedde
^I think he means shit happens.

no expression............Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Makedde
No problem, although he could be a little more compassionate.

Bardock42
Shit happens. A lot.....why is this incident so special?

Oh and

too funny...

Mišt
Not to sound like a prick or anything, but:

Originally posted by Bardock42
why is this incident so special

tabby999
woman in australia was arrested after bashing a foster child to death, not sure of the age, but he was old enough to have teeth because she gouged them out with a knife before she beat him to death

Pandemoniac
Scary to see how lightly something like this is taken.
'Welcome to earth' and 'A few month's earlier and it would have been legal' as comments like you're talking about the weather.
The fact that events like this are becoming more common every day is already sad enough, the fact that society stops taking notice is plain pity-full.

Mišt
And...? Make a thread about how many leaves fall off trees each year, doesnt change it from happening. Yes, we know it happens. We know its wrong. What do you want us to do? Make a campaign to stop it? Ring the offenders and tell them what bad people they are?

Society hasnt stopped taking notice, the offenders will be caught and penalized etc. People get raped/killed/bashed/robbed everyday, what's the difference whether its a baby/child/teen/adult/eldery person, it still happens and nothing can be done to prevent it. Shame it happens, but whatcha gonna do? srug

papabeard
A man was jailed just last week in england for the same thing.

finti
why make threads at all?

Mišt
Wouldn't you make threads about more 'important' things, not that this isnt important, but its an isolated incident. Given how many times it happens around the world, wouldn't it be more suited to a general thread about the overall crime, rather than discussing one selected incident. I could make a thread everytime a car crash happened, whats the difference between them all? Or I could make a thread specifically about car crashes, that would serve more useful for discussion.

I just dont see much point of making a thread like this and talking about this particular crime, when it happens so frequently on the news and so on.

finti
this is as important as anything else, its an isolated event but it highlights things and events just like it and the fact that events like it are increasing.
Nothing wrong in using an isolated event to start a topic, the event is used as an example and then the debate can expand form there

NoahMann
Sad and all too common. this is why I don't even watch the news anymore, I cant stand to see any of it. We had a sad case here not long ago where the child was in the grandmothers custody and the mom wasn't allowed near him but she did and within 30 mins hurt him by putting him in scalding hot water and then neglecting the burns other than to put BUTTER on them.... ugh, just sickening.

debbiejo
I hear ya.

meep-meep
That's horrible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.