What are YOU guys reading...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
What comics are you guys picking up/reading (recently) and why?

I've had to drop some series' for financial purposes, but I still manage to get a decent amount of comics each week and I was wondering what comics you guys like to read/why and also what comics you guys didn't think so highly of.

wuTa
nightwing, batman, i'm really into marvel knights daredevil right now, i need to pick..Infinite Crisis, i plan on picking up the xmen with apocolypse new horseman

jrodslam
All are current ongoings.

Marvel
X-Factor
X-Men
Daredevil

DC
Green Lantern
JSA
JSA Classified
All Star Batman and Robin
Justice

Minis - Infinite Crisis, GL Corps, Shazam/Superman: First Thunder

inamilist
i dont buy too much

what i am reading:

All Star Superman - seriously, best book I'm picking up. Supes is the man, he acts much like I would hope someone like superman would act, though since this is my first superman book, i cant do much to compare it

Ultimate Extinction - Galactus, or however they want to spell it. Thats probably the only reason im picking it up right now, im interested in their take on him.

X-Statix: Deadgirl - I love it, such a fun and satirical book. I cant wait to actually pick up #2, it makes me laugh like a maniac.

i really want to pick up the 2 new batman specials, year 100 and secrets i think they are called, plus im looking like a madman for the first Nextwave issue around here.... I think i also want to grab the apoc vs dracula thing...

for the most part i dont buy lots of comics for financial reasons + i dont really think that they are as good as they could be. There are some new and fresh ideas comming out, but for the most part i find them really static and repetitive, dont listen to my ramblings though, I'm hard to please sometimes.

The Ion
DC

JSA
Detective Comics/Batman
Adventures/Action/Superman
Outsiders
Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis
Green Lantern
Nightwing
Teen Titans

Marvel

Astonishing X-Men
(New) Thunderbolts
Young Avengers
Amazing Spider-Man
Captain America

Mini's & Maxi's

All Star Superman
Batman: Year 100
Infinite Crisis
Justice
Superman/Shazam: First Thunder
The Sentry
Marvel Zombies
Son of M
Supreme Power: Hyperion
Ultimates 2

Recently dropped New Avengers. Adventures of Supes is over and next month I start Ion and Annihilation: Silver Surfer.

roughrider
I'm not prolific anymore, and I like to buy trade collections. Waiting for the next Supreme Power collection, I have been catching up on Bendis' run on Daredevil - several trades to buy.

inamilist
Originally posted by roughrider
I'm not prolific anymore, and I like to buy trade collections. Waiting for the next Supreme Power collection, I have been catching up on Bendis' run on Daredevil - several trades to buy.

i should pick up those DD books too, so amazing

the art is stellar

thesilverspider
Marvel

Amazing spider-man
Marvel knights spider-man(or is it spectacular spider-man now??)
friendly neighborhood spiderman
spiderman loves mary jane(I know I know)sick
new avengers
young avengers
new thunderbolts/thunderbolts
cable/deadpool

mini's
sentry
marvel zombies
supreme power hyperion/nighthawk
Ironman
I know alot...................no

DC
action comics superman/adventures of superman
green lantern
nightwing
outsiders
teen titans
Firestorm
wonderwomen/flash/jsa...on and off
minis
infinite crisis
Justice/the best art out of any book
superman/shazam
allstar superman

Spideys Sister
Venom Carnage
Venom
Marvel Team Ups
All Ultimate Spiderman arcs
Ultimate Fantastic four
The Ultimates
House of M
and some others whose names escape me.

Juntai
Too much to list..

kevdude
Infinite Crisis's,
DoV minis
Apocalypse vs Dracula
Green Lantern
might pick up Ares
Lucifer

went back and picked up a few major dc events.
owaw
all of the spectre/hal
i'll prob pick up Marvel 'The End' here soon

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Juntai
Too much to list..
I have just checked and I'm missing like 3 more spider-man books and a few more from dc...............wacko

pr1983
Superman v2...
Astonishing X-men...

Can't find all star Supes #1 for love nor money, and i hate to pick up halfway through...

wuTa
Originally posted by The Ion
DC

JSA
Detective Comics/Batman
Adventures/Action/Superman
Outsiders
Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis
Green Lantern
Nightwing
Teen Titans

Marvel

Astonishing X-Men
(New) Thunderbolts
Young Avengers
Amazing Spider-Man
Captain America

how could i forget about the Outsiders...i love that comic....huuuge arsenal fan
Mini's & Maxi's

All Star Superman
Batman: Year 100
Infinite Crisis
Justice
The Sentry
Marvel Zombies
Son of M
Supreme Power: Hyperion
Ultimates 2

Recently dropped New Avengers. Adventures of Supes is over and next month I start Ion and Annihilation: Silver Surfer.

Marcus4600
As of late, not much has happened in my comic world except for catching up with the old stuff. Cable and Deadpool is a must though.

grey fox
Their is no comic shop's in my local area , so i usually pick mine up from my library in graphic novel form .

Essential FF #3 ( it is the shiz-nitz )

America's Best Comics (Tom strong is pretty damn cool)

Black Adam
well for Dc
just two minis at the moment
Green lantern Corps
Superman /shazam first thunder

when Ion and the New Flash series come out I'll pick up that. Along with the new GLC monthly and that new Captain Marvel series ( can't remember the proper name for it at the moment)

Marvel
FN spider-man
Amz spider-man
Young avengers
Ms.marvel
Daredevil
X-factor
Supreme power:Hyperion
The thing
Books of Doom

When the Annihilation Surfer and Super skrull mini come out I'll buy those. NA looks like It may finally start to get interesting so when the sentry starts fighting the collective i'll start picking it up again. I'll be picking up the Squadron supreme series that replaces Supreme power. Also be picking up Civil War when it comes out.

Knightfall93
England SUCKS!
Astonishing Spidey
Essential x Men
Batman Legends
Avengers United
F4 Adventures
Mighty world of Marvel
ultimate spidey and X Men

Scoobless
Marvel

All Ultimate books
All Spider-Man books (except that Mary Jane one)
Iron Man
New Avengers
New Thunderbolts
Young Avengers
Wolverine
Cable & Deadpool
Sentry
Thor: Blood Oath (has that finished yet?)
Exiles
Runaways
SP - Hyperion
SP - Nighthawk
Decimation - various

DC

Green Lantern
Authority
All Star Superman
Identity Crisis
Superman & Batman

some of these i get through stores.... the rest i get from.... other sources whistling

The Ion
Originally posted by Black Adam
well for Dc
just two minis at the moment
Green lantern Corps
Superman /shazam first thunder

when Ion and the New Flash series come out I'll pick up that. Along with the new GLC monthly and that new Captain Marvel series ( can't remember the proper name for it at the moment)

Marvel
FN spider-man
Amz spider-man
Young avengers
Ms.marvel
Daredevil
X-factor
Supreme power:Hyperion
The thing
Books of Doom

When the Annihilation Surfer and Super skrull mini come out I'll buy those. NA looks like It may finally start to get interesting so when the sentry starts fighting the collective i'll start picking it up again. I'll be picking up the Squadron supreme series that replaces Supreme power. Also be picking up Civil War when it comes out.
Yeah, theres a lot of stuff starting up soon I'm going to get. JLA, Flash, Wonder Woman, Shazam, Civil War, etc. I might start buying Hulk since Planet Hulk seems like the most interesting Hulk story since...well, ever.

thundercracker
monthly

the thing
new x men
astonishing x men
cable/deadpool
ff
amazing spiderman

minis

ares
ultimate extintion

im also getting ultimates but im buying the trades just starting on ultimates 2 now

Next Venom_girl
Marvel
Spider-girl
Spider-woman
Ultimate Spider-man

Darkness
Witchblade

DC
Batgirl
Birds of Prey

Manga
Hellsing
Inuyasha
Naruto

Also recently bought TPBs of:
Darkness
Exiles
Spider-man
Ultimate X-men
Venom
X-men

I would buy more if I had more $$$$

Mindship
JLA
I love the interplay between the founding members.

Knightfall93
All Batman beats all

Blair Wind

-Pr-
My pull list has shrunk considerably over the last while, and I know only regularly read DC and IDW.

The books i read: The GL stuff, Superman (i don't read Supergirl, rarely read Superboy, and since Lex is in Action Comics, I phase in and out. Oh, and Superman Batman is erratic at best). Green Arrow is a book i've really been liking since it started, and of course Brightest Day, while I wait for them to give Aquaman his own book.

I read the Star Trek stuff by IDW when it comes out.

Bentley
Mostly following Avengers: Children Crusade and some other minis, otherwise I think I'll get Thor's the Mighty Avengers trade when it comes out.

I'll be catching up with Avengers Academy. Read Haunt too. My pull list isn't stable at all.

SamZED
Avengers. But sick of all the cosmic/magic/time travel crap. Want some real stories, characters interacting with each other that kind of thing.

Avengers academy is the best A book right now.

janus77
Playboy.

oh ... umm Playboy Zombies!

Digi
Always Collect:
Amazing Spider-Man
Doctor Who

Reading Now:
JSA
The Avengers
The New Avengers
Batman
Whatever strikes my fancy on slow weeks (Thor books are a popular "meh, why not?" choice for me)
...I'll get tired of one or both of the Avengers books eventually. Hasn't happened just yet though.

RIP:
Wildstorm books (Authority, Wildcats, Stormwatch), which is now gone entirely.

At this moment:
Working my way through the entire run of Planetary, which is already easily in my top 5 for comic runs of all time. Probably Warren Ellis's best work ever, and an amazing read. Can't recommend it enough.

Kazenji
Monthly

Marvel
Thor
Wolverine
Heroes For Hire
Uncanny X-Force
Secret Warriors
Avengers

DC
Batman Beyond

Dark Horse
Turok
Star Wars: Knight Errant

minis
Loki
Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine
Punisher: In The Blood

Phoenix2001
Amazing Spider-Man
Avengers
Carnage mini
Osborn mini

Don Corleone
Originally posted by Digi
Always Collect:
Amazing Spider-Man
Doctor Who

Reading Now:
JSA
The Avengers
The New Avengers
Batman
Whatever strikes my fancy on slow weeks (Thor books are a popular "meh, why not?" choice for me)
...I'll get tired of one or both of the Avengers books eventually. Hasn't happened just yet though.

RIP:
Wildstorm books (Authority, Wildcats, Stormwatch), which is now gone entirely.

At this moment:
Working my way through the entire run of Planetary, which is already easily in my top 5 for comic runs of all time. Probably Warren Ellis's best work ever, and an amazing read. Can't recommend it enough.

Did some research on Planetary, and it seemed interesting to me. Just got the 27 issue run, and will begin reading it soon.

willRules
I read almost everything in trades now which means outside of the comic news I read online, I'm always a couple of months behind.

Recently read the first trade of American Vampire which was fun, little predictable but well written.

Bought all the X-force related stuff up to Remender's reboot and X-force was fantastic. Love Clayton Crain and Mike Choi's work.

Second hardcover of Batman and Robin was awesome. Art was meh but Morrison more than made up for it.

I also bought the DC comics year by year visual chronicle (published by Dorling Kindersley) which is the greatest thing ever.

Favourite series of 2010? Sooooo many to choose from. I bought the first two trades of Locke and Key which could have won it for me, but I think I'm gonna have to make my personal favourite Chew vol 2 and 3 which came out in 2010. Fantastic series. Nuff said.

Digi
Originally posted by Don Corleone
Did some research on Planetary, and it seemed interesting to me. Just got the 27 issue run, and will begin reading it soon.

Awesome. You won't be disappointed. Most of the issues work well as stand-alone issues, but the way they fit together so seamlessly, AND work as interesting individual stories, is something I've never seen done with such skill.

Digi

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Digi
Nice. I may need to look into this.

thumb up Let me know what you think.

Deadline
I'm currently reading Sinestro Corps War (and other Marvel titles). After reading JSA and SCW I've given some thought to dropping Marvel. I'm almost tempted to drop all my Marvel titles and just spend the rest of my money getting the rest of Blackest Night.

Originally posted by willRules
Bought all the X-force related stuff up to Remender's reboot and X-force was fantastic. Love Clayton Crain and Mike Choi's work.

*sigh* I hear thats really good. I got Secret Avengers instead...kinda meh.

willRules
Yeah, I recommend it. It has taken all the cool bits of the 90's comics and left out (what made up most of 90's comics) the bad bits. Lots of guns and blades. Fun series and it has shaped the last few years of X-men continuity with the whole "Messiah" trilogy.

I loved the Sinestro Corps War and I bought Blackest Night in hardcover. Whilst there are a few minor issues here and there, Blackest Night is quite possibly the best event-type comic ever written in terms of plot pacing, execution and art.

If you are going to buy any of the tie ins, the main Green Lantern series fills in many of the plot gaps but as a result doesn't make much of a consistent or coherent story on its own. Still, if you're reading it as a companion series to Blackest Night, then you'll love it.

BlackZero30x
The Avengers
Batman: The Dark Knight
The Flash
Deadpool Max
Justice League
Justice Society
Emerald Warriors
Green Lantern
Batman beyond

that was my main list

but im also reading but im a little behind on

Green Lantern Corps
The Legion of Super heroes
Adventure Comics

BruceSkywalker
ALL Bat books

Green Lantern/GL Corps

Avengers

Shadowhawk

Haunt

Witchblade

Stan Lee's Soldier Zero

Q99
Monthly:
Fred Perry's Gold Digger
Time Lincoln
Red Robin
X-23
Star Wars Legacy
Wonder Woman (giving the new writer a chance)

Trades of whatever I find interest, including but not limited to Atomic Robo, Hellboy/BRPD, Empowered, Batgirl, and a smattering of other comics.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Q99
Monthly:
Fred Perry's Gold Digger
Time Lincoln
Red Robin
X-23
Star Wars Legacy
Wonder Woman (giving the new writer a chance)

Trades of whatever I find interest, including but not limited to Atomic Robo, Hellboy/BRPD, Empowered, Batgirl, and a smattering of other comics.

hows time Lincoln?

Sin I AM
x-23

Digi
Astonishing Thor. It's pretty awesome.

Deadline
^ I guess Fraction isn't writting it.

Blair Wind

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Is anyone else reading Morning Glories or Infinite Vacation? I've been reading MG a little. Weird series. Pretty engulfing though.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Is anyone else reading Morning Glories or Infinite Vacation? Its seems like the character Jade is having conversations with her future self.

GeekyGirl
I've been reading:

-Captain America
-Pulse
-Professor Xavier and the X-men
-Superman Doomsday
-Green Lantern Agent Orange
-The Spectacular Spider-Man
Spider-Man Doctor Octopus
Spider-man Disassembled
-The Death of Superman
-Flashpoint
-Superman (in general)
-Ghost Rider
-X-men: Cyclops
-The uncanny X-men
-Iron Man
-New X Men
-Cyclops
-Star Wars Dark Empire
-Iron Man Rapture
-Superman Earth One
-X-Men: First Class
-Green Lantern

... smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.