Star Wars Oscar Poll: Best Secondary Villain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chinabing
It's Oscar time! Since Episode III was snubbed and robbed of any awards of consequence, we've got to do our own awards.

kalsemo
Grievous has got my vote!

AstroFan
Id like to say Dooku, but for the poll I will say Maul.

DiamondBullets
Tarkin!

Cascador
I voted for Boba Fett

chinabing
Each episode has one secondary villain, one who is introduced in the episode, does all the dirty work for the bad guys, and then is dispatched by the good guys.

It's in every episode. Meanwhile, his master or higher-up lives on. (TESB doesn't have a bad guy who dies, so that's why Boba's there, but he gets it early in the next movie.) Good point about Dooku, I suppose to be true he oughta be in the poll too, but Jango Fett better fit the definition.

Cascador
Originally posted by chinabing
Each episode has one secondary villain, one who is introduced in the episode, does all the dirty work for the bad guys, and then is dispatched by the good guys. It's in every episode. Meanwhile, his master or higher-up lives on.

Tell us something we don't know roll eyes (sarcastic)

chinabing
Oh, you gotta go with Tarkin. On-screen he destroyed an entire planet, probably killing millions.

Captain REX
If you don't go with Tarkin, you are a pagan.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Captain REX

I worship the eternal lord Maul at my pagan temple.....

big grin

Captain REX
*smites the Temple with the power of Terrorist Dooku*

roughrider
Boba Fett has such iconic appeal that's endured - he can only be behind Darth Vader and The Emperor, for the villains.

((The_Anomaly))
Of that List, Maul. Overall, Dooku.

Eleonora
Are we kidding? Jabba of course. Truly disgusting, sarcastic, cruel and he's got his own business (maybe he's not a sidekick after all).... just like Palpatine.

Cascador
Originally posted by Eleonora
Are we kidding? Jabba of course. Truly disgusting, sarcastic, cruel and he's got his own business (maybe he's not a sidekick after all).... just like Palpatine.

admit it...you chose Jabba because you think he's the most handsome on that liststick out tongue

roughrider
Everyone has to admit, Lucas has a fertile imagination for secondary villains. I thought Darth Maul was too cool an adversary to simply let die, but he comes up with Count Dooku and Gen. Grievous right afterwards. Heck, Dooku didn't even make the poll. I voted, but I like all these characters so much, they should all get a vote.

Scarecrow756
I voted for Jango Fett.

Eleonora
Originally posted by Cascador
admit it...you chose Jabba because you think he's the most handsome on that liststick out tongue

Absolutely laughing

BTW what's up with this Dooku frenzy? I don't see anything more special in him than the other secondary villains...

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Eleonora
Are we kidding? Jabba of course.

Gotta be Maul actually. evil face

Guy LeDouche
^^ I concur.

Stun
"Charming, to the last."
"Your far too trusting."
"We will then crush the Rebellion with one swift stroke!"

Every single line that Peter delivered was the mark of a true villain. Tarkin - no doubt.

Alliance
Tarkin was excellent, he just wasn't developed enough. I loved seeing him in ROTS...mmm...Tarkin....but Maul was the best.

But if someone was going to blow up my homeplanet, I'd want it to be Trakin.

systemshock2
Tarkin and Maul, although I would vote for Dooku in a heartbeat if he was on this list.

Lörd Sorgo
What moron could possibly forget to place Dooku up there?

Yeah, because everyone knows Jango was the big villain of AOTC . . .

Christ. No wonder I don't come here.

Alliance
I think Grievous would have been more appealing if he was more brutish, like in the ROTS novel. He was too boring in the movie, no defining character features, unintelligent, weak, and with really ba dialogue. (I think Lucas did a good job of covering up his dialogue failures in TPM by just having Maul not talk...it may a have been a secondary bonus, but he really seems cool (both connotations), intelligent, and deadly because of it.) Grievous just seems like a little child with a very large exoskeleton.

chinabing
Dooku was not a secondary villain, in AOTC, he was the main villain! We didn't even see Darth Sidious until the finale. (Sidious didn't even do anything evil in the film!) Dooku was an excellent main villain, you didn't know if he was really good or bad or a politician with motive unknown, or what his loyalties were until he unloaded the sith lightning. Dooku was a villain who hid his true allegiance and sprang it on the jedi at the climax. Fantastic main villain of the film.

Blaxican_Jedi
Originally posted by Captain REX

actually Im a jehivah's witness. One of those guys that dress up in suits and knock on your door at obscene hours on weekend mornings, just to give you free magazines. Yep thats me :P

Alliance
And what do you have against pagans anyway. And chinabing, I think secondary villian refers to not Vader or Palpatine...who are the main villians of the saga.

Sith Master X
Dooku.

Arker
Tarkin and Count Dooku.

chinabing
How is people think Darth Maul is the best secondary villain? After episode I, people hated Maul. They thought he was the worst villain ever, he was no Darth Vader. Didn't inspire great fear. Didn't have any memorable lines. They called him a punk.

Jedi Priestess

Sith Master X
How is people think Darth Maul is the best secondary villain? After episode I, people hated Maul. They thought he was the worst villain ever, he was no Darth Vader. Didn't inspire great fear. Didn't have any memorable lines. They called him a punk.

Because it's a common hobby amongst most people to complain at first. Yeah, nobody liked Maul. TPM and the characters were too different from the OT and all that nonsense or whatever. Then the whole Episode I phase died down and people like him. Funny the way this world works. lol

Jedi Priestess
Erm, I have always loved Maul; from the moment he hit the screen. huh I thought it was a complete waste that Lucas killed him off and introduced the geriatric sith myself.

Stun
(Sidious didn't even do anything evil in the film!)

Sidious started the Clone Wars, is that not evil enough?stick out tongue Dooku just helped to back the cause.

Many people thought Darth Maul was probably THE best thing that came from The Phantom Menace - now has this opinion changed since II n' III?

Gamblor
So, main villains it would go like:

ANH: Darth Vader (IMO Tarken was the main baddy)
ESB: Darth Vader (More badass Vader)
ROTJ: The Emperor
TPM: Darth Sidious
AOTC: Count Dooku
ROTS: Palpatine

Sith Master X
I've always like Maul as well. Personally, I didn't mind that they killed him off because I like Christopher Lee as Cound Dooku much better. That's just me however.

chinabing
Originally posted by Stun
Sidious started the Clone Wars, is that not evil enough?stick out tongue Dooku just helped to back the cause.

The point was, Sidious didn't even do anything evil ON SCREEN. If you want to be a great villain on screen, you've got to strangle people, blow up planets, torture people, bring 11 items into the 10 Items Max line, etc. In AOTC, Sidious didn't do anything evil we saw. That's why Dooku is the main villain of the movie! And that's why Dooku is not in the poll! Only in the end do we see Dooku is an apprentice of Sidious.

Many people thought Darth Maul was probably THE best thing that came from The Phantom Menace - now has this opinion changed since II n' III?

One of the major complaints by the prequel-haters is how poor a villain Darth Maul is, as compared to the original trilogy. Go do a search on how much people hated Ep I and you'll see the fact that Maul is not a great villain as one of its supposed failures.

Stun
Ok, so there are Maul haters out there - but a difference of opinion among fans does not make it a fact that Maul sucked, as much as i respect any opinion.

chinabing
In fact, one could argue Darth Vader was a secondary villain in Return of the Jedi because the emperor was so overwhelmingly evil, and Vader died in the end! Darth didn't do a heck of a lot of evil things in ROTJ except battle Luke, and then he turns to the good side!

general-pain
I've never understood the whole Darth Maul craze. I prefer Dooku.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.