Anakin(Full potential) = 2 times more powerful than Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

w00t2112
Didnt Lucas say, that Anakin reaching his highest potential would only be twice as powerful as sidious

willman
uhhhhhhhhhh no.

Fishy
Uh yes, he apparently did once, he also said 10x once maybe even a million... I don't know what the latest figure is... All I know is that R2 is canonically more powerful

kamikz
I don't think Lucas has said anything specificly that indicates the power of Anakin except that he would become the most powerful ever. Saying 2x Sidious was just to describe that he would become very, very powerful, I don't think he meant, "2x as powerful as Sidious and not a procent more".

Hello Friend
Anakin would be one of the most powerful ever if he were to ever reach his full potential.

If not THE most powerful.

ESB - 1138
The only thing I heard Lucas said about Anakin reaching his full potential is that he would be the strongest force user ever.

henniestevens
thank god, obi took care of him smile

Wesker
Originally posted by Hello Friend
Anakin would be one of the most powerful ever if he were to ever reach his full potential.

If not THE most powerful.

This is an EU forum. Why is this question even raised? Firstly, in EU terms, Anakin is already outstripped. This deregulates GL's comments to dealing exclusively with the movie realm, since GL signed off on the rest of EU and other force users have proven to be -far- more powerful than Anakin was (Unless he was -really- hiding his true potential).

SS_181st_Snow
Originally posted by Wesker
This is an EU forum. Why is this question even raised? Firstly, in EU terms, Anakin is already outstripped. This deregulates GL's comments to dealing exclusively with the movie realm, since GL signed off on the rest of EU and other force users have proven to be -far- more powerful than Anakin was (Unless he was -really- hiding his true potential).

Eh, I think he was too stupid to hide his own potential. To me, on screen, he really didn't look that great, so I think GL either overblew Anakin's own power, or didn't have enough brains to make him look like god onscreen.

But we all know, no matter how powerful he ever became, Artoo would b!tchslap him easily.

ESB - 1138
Originally posted by SS_181st_Snow
Eh, I think he was too stupid to hide his own potential. To me, on screen, he really didn't look that great, so I think GL either overblew Anakin's own power, or didn't have enough brains to make him look like god onscreen.

But we all know, no matter how powerful he ever became, Artoo would b!tchslap him easily.

Anakin didn't reach his greatest power on the films. The wounds he got from Obi-Wan really stopped him where he could only become 80% as strong as Palpatine. If Anakin reached the peak of his power he may have become the strongest their was but now...we'll never know.

kamikz
Yes, Anakin could be either the strongest ever or just in the movie era, but since we never saw him come to his full potential it's impossible to tell. But for that I won't assume that he won't become as powerful as other powerful characters, his powers might have become stronger later or he just developed his powers slow, he had only practised for 13 years before getting weaker.

w00t2112
I'm incline to believe that he would only be the best in from Bane's time to Sidious's time, since most of the records of the Sith before were lost, mind you im not talking about after ROTJ, i dont recall Ragnos or any of the Ancient Sith or previous wars being mentioned, its likely that even Kun may posses a higher midcholirian rate, they only said it was the Highest ever known, based only on the information they had

Hello Friend
Well, we don't know by much. He could have been the highest by billions of midi-chlorians or... two.

And we was the son of the Force. Luke is the grandson, and look at all the crazy things he does.

Hello Friend
Originally posted by w00t2112
I'm incline to believe that he would only be the best in from Bane's time to Sidious's time, since most of the records of the Sith before were lost, mind you im not talking about after ROTJ, i dont recall Ragnos or any of the Ancient Sith or previous wars being mentioned, its likely that even Kun may posses a higher midcholirian rate, they only said it was the Highest ever known, based only on the information they had

Possibly.

Decay
yeah lucas said hes be twice as powerful in an interview once. he also said suited vader is only 80% sidious.

kamikz
Originally posted by w00t2112

I have never heard any jedi talk about Anakin becoming the most powerful ever, that's GL, so it doesen't matter if the facts was lost about them, he still knows they exist. And he said most powerful force user EVER. But since he doesen't give a rats ass about EU, others might be more powerful.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Wesker

Policy is that anything true of the movie realm ovverrides anything in the EU realm as well. Anything that the EU produces that disagrees is therefore simply incorrect.

Fishy
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Policy is that anything true of the movie realm ovverrides anything in the EU realm as well. Anything that the EU produces that disagrees is therefore simply incorrect.

What GL says only counts for the movies unless he says otherwise. He has already said he considers the EU an alternative universe that just resembles his own by a lot... He doesn't really talk about EU, so we really shouldn't consider his word to count for EU matters unless he specifies them as such, or says something that has to include EU.

Kaithen
But EU is a part of Star Wars, even if it's not the movie. So meaning strongest "ever" should or could possibly mean in the EU too.

Wesker
EU is a separate universe. If GL says Anakin is the strongest, he's obviously talking about the movies. If he says literally "Anakin is the strongest in potential, INCLUDING the Expanded Universe", then I would believe him.

w00t2112
In that case, wouldn't in mean a Sith Lord like Kun rape Anakin?

Wesker
Anakin's potential power may well be among the highest or the highest in the saga. But it was never realized, and is pointless, really.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.