City Of Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
Has anyone seen this, its really good, its a TV drama made by the guys who made City of God, not as good as the film obviously but very good nonetheless. Check it out if you havent already.

Solo
I've been looking for this for quite some time now, but haven't succeeded finding it.

I'm a huge fan of City of God though. thumb up

Flavio
Wonderful series, its over in Brazil, but i watched almost every chapter. Its a lil bit different from City of God, specially coz there is lots of humor in it (dont get me wrong, its not silly).
Laranjinha and Acerola are the main characters, one of them even was a nominee for the emmy...I love how it shows the slums reality without stereotypes, yes, with a lot of crime and guys walking with high-rated weapons, but they also show the simple life of the simple people who only want to be happy as anyone else.

I love one episod in which a rich girl start going to "funk balls" at the slum and how she becomes the girlfriend of a trafficant. Her parents get very worried and its nice to see her desperation when she realizes what she was actually doing. The series shows a reality without masks and get to catch the feeling of every character involved. For some time, you actually think that evreyone there lives really in the slum.

Its a real pity that its over...the last ep shows the young main actors trying to get new roles on soaps or series, only to find out that all they would get was "the slum guy" roles, that was a punch on the media and how this world works, great thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.