Tim Burton Created the Ultimate Batman Films.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Batman Returns
would ppl just shut up already about "burton made penguin a freak"?? thats what he is in the comics, and please dont tell me he is a "normal looking falcone-type". i dont kno what comics you guys are readin, but the penguin is a freak of nature looking weird mutha. plus, penguin has had many interpretations other then just "classy prude". burton made the penguin........the penguin. sorry if im not a comic "purist" or "uber-fanboy", but i like to keep and open mind when it comes to character interpretation. im not all gonna critisize an awsome movie that was well made just cuz "penguin was scary and weird". i read comics and, well, thats what he is. i dont understand what all this BS is about, its a MOVIE. of course there gonna change the characters a bit to accomdate a movie so that ppl will actually be interested in it instead of the bore-fest penguin from the comics. if they made penguin EXACTLY like the comics, he would have been boring and sucked. simple as that. nobody wants to see a falcone-wannabe mob loser. we get that sh** all the time. burton gave us something a hell of a lot more memorable and alot more interesting and plus, he was all about the art. cool thing about burton is, hes not gonna bend all the way over for the dumb fanboys who you could pretty much never please, so whats the point? nolan bowed to the fanboys...partially....and nopw everyone kisses the ground he walks on. he made batman (and his villians) boring as heck. i dont see anything interesting about them. but burton.....he made the BEST villians possible and made them very interesting and guess what? its cuz he WASNT a comic ass**** fanboy like all you whiners. ppl gotta stop bashin burton and his ideas, cuz both his movies were huge successes and just about everyone (who ISNT a fanboy mind you) likes them. they like it then (obviously, both films made millions of dollars) and are actually cosidered classics nowadays. wow. burton is the man, he did what many ppl just cant do: make a good,. interesting, FUN AND EXCITING Batman movies while not slavishly copy-and-pasting the comics (which would utterly ruin a good movie, by taking the fun out, ala BB). obviously ppl here are very immature and dont know that back then, B89 and BR were HUUUGE hits and are still considered by many to exceed the "purist-spiderman-bond clone" in BB. in fact, BB wasnt even THAT faithful, there were plenty of things that nolan "changed" for a mive-action movie, so it wasnt exactly faithful in every sense of the word, so thats not entirely true. ppl i think have just been without a "dark" batman movie for so long they will take whatever they can get as long as its not like B&R. thats all i see happening here. I cannot believe the hype this film has received. It is a good example of what happened in "The Emperor's New Clothes". Long story short, two conmen convince everyone that they've made luxury clothes for a king when in reality, they have made nothing. According to them, only those worthy enough can see the clothes. Everyone fakes that they can see them, including a very naked king, so that they can feel worthy. My God, this fable fits "Batman Begins" perfectly.

Cascador
You made some valid points but you're not expressing it very good...
there had to be changes...Burton's penguin is a good one! And the pure comic-fans who hate that, who like you say whine about that have to accept that cause a) it's a movie and b) the movie is made, you can't change that...but did you have to start another thread about that? It's pointless to create all this threads so you think you can convince them better...if it goes on like this, these threads will just get deleted, so then nobody will see your opinion anymore (and I think they already got your opinion)

Mr Parker
yeah yeah yeah we've heard it all from you before like a dozen times or so in the past.same ole Burton made great Batman films Nolan did not crap,blah blah blah.Your worse than sevenman.He at least when he would talk about how great the burton batman films were could always at least acknowledge it that Batman Begins was faithful to the comic even though he never could admit it that the burton films butchered the comic just like the schumacher films did as well.So your last thread got closed because it was the same old nonsense from before so you have to go and make another one huh? Keep doing it okay? because if you do,you'll do us all a favor and get yourself banned. laughing Like cascader said,you keep making the same old threads all the time like this,they'll just get closed like your last one did and the mods will get tired of your spamming and eventually ban you.so keep it up with the spamming. laughing

itsl alos hilarious how he points out Burton made two batman movies that made tons of money.He seems to forget that batman returns the one he loves so much-took a huge dip at the box office compared to batman 89 and that batman forever did better box office wise. laughing

Knightfall93
Originally posted by Batman Returns
would ppl just shut up already about "burton made penguin a freak"?? thats what he is in the comics, and please dont tell me he is a "normal looking falcone-type". i dont kno what comics you guys are readin, but the penguin is a freak of nature looking weird mutha. plus, penguin has had many interpretations other then just "classy prude". burton made the penguin........the penguin. sorry if im not a comic "purist" or "uber-fanboy", but i like to keep and open mind when it comes to character interpretation. im not all gonna critisize an awsome movie that was well made just cuz "penguin was scary and weird". i read comics and, well, thats what he is. i dont understand what all this BS is about, its a MOVIE. of course there gonna change the characters a bit to accomdate a movie so that ppl will actually be interested in it instead of the bore-fest penguin from the comics. if they made penguin EXACTLY like the comics, he would have been boring and sucked. simple as that. nobody wants to see a falcone-wannabe mob loser. we get that sh** all the time. burton gave us something a hell of a lot more memorable and alot more interesting and plus, he was all about the art. cool thing about burton is, hes not gonna bend all the way over for the dumb fanboys who you could pretty much never please, so whats the point? nolan bowed to the fanboys...partially....and nopw everyone kisses the ground he walks on. he made batman (and his villians) boring as heck. i dont see anything interesting about them. but burton.....he made the BEST villians possible and made them very interesting and guess what? its cuz he WASNT a comic ass**** fanboy like all you whiners. ppl gotta stop bashin burton and his ideas, cuz both his movies were huge successes and just about everyone (who ISNT a fanboy mind you) likes them. they like it then (obviously, both films made millions of dollars) and are actually cosidered classics nowadays. wow. burton is the man, he did what many ppl just cant do: make a good,. interesting, FUN AND EXCITING Batman movies while not slavishly copy-and-pasting the comics (which would utterly ruin a good movie, by taking the fun out, ala BB). obviously ppl here are very immature and dont know that back then, B89 and BR were HUUUGE hits and are still considered by many to exceed the "purist-spiderman-bond clone" in BB. in fact, BB wasnt even THAT faithful, there were plenty of things that nolan "changed" for a mive-action movie, so it wasnt exactly faithful in every sense of the word, so thats not entirely true. ppl i think have just been without a "dark" batman movie for so long they will take whatever they can get as long as its not like B&R. thats all i see happening here. I cannot believe the hype this film has received. It is a good example of what happened in "The Emperor's New Clothes". Long story short, two conmen convince everyone that they've made luxury clothes for a king when in reality, they have made nothing. According to them, only those worthy enough can see the clothes. Everyone fakes that they can see them, including a very naked king, so that they can feel worthy. My God, this fable fits "Batman Begins" perfectly. You talk all this crap but you hardly kept an open mind about BBG. you've put this on 2 threads, so stop spamming

Mr Parker
I was hoping you would have some kind of comments on what I had to say to him Knightfall.By the way Knightfall,never got to mention this before on his other thread because it got closed before I had the chance.But yeah I have no doubt your right,that the drugged up druggie reviewer that batman returns posted the post of who went on ripping Batman Begins and fans of Batman Begins WAS indeed Tim Burton.Because like you said,you can tell by looking at Tim Burton,he is such a drughead.that explains his horrible film making for the batman movies,he was on drugs both times as he always is,only more so when making the Batman films. laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing

Knightfall93
You can really see that if you watch Charlie and the Chcolate factory... but Nightmare Before Christmas is excellent...

Cascador
see the result, Batman Returns? You only get more bashing and critisizing in return...what's fun of that! So just stop posting this sh*t...you'll only get sh*t back...

Knightfall93
Hey, my insults aren works of art... his are shit. i am an Annoyance Artist

Cascador
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Hey, my insults aren works of art... his are shit. i am an Annoyance Artist

At least you admit you are annoying lol laughing

Knightfall93
Annoying would be my middle name...

... but my parents aren't bastards, which makes me wonder hwre I inherited the dickhead gene from!

Xirius
would ppl just shut up already about "burton made penguin a freak"?? thats what he is in the comics, and please dont tell me he is a "normal looking falcone-type". i dont kno what comics you guys are readin, but the penguin is a freak of nature looking weird mutha. plus, penguin has had many interpretations other then just "classy prude". burton made the penguin........the penguin. sorry if im not a comic "purist" or "uber-fanboy", but i like to keep and open mind when it comes to character interpretation. im not all gonna critisize an awsome movie that was well made just cuz "penguin was scary and weird". i read comics and, well, thats what he is. i dont understand what all this BS is about, its a MOVIE. of course there gonna change the characters a bit to accomdate a movie so that ppl will actually be interested in it instead of the bore-fest penguin from the comics. if they made penguin EXACTLY like the comics, he would have been boring and sucked. simple as that. nobody wants to see a falcone-wannabe mob loser. we get that sh** all the time. burton gave us something a hell of a lot more memorable and alot more interesting and plus, he was all about the art. cool thing about burton is, hes not gonna bend all the way over for the dumb fanboys who you could pretty much never please, so whats the point? nolan bowed to the fanboys...partially....and nopw everyone kisses the ground he walks on. he made batman (and his villians) boring as heck. i dont see anything interesting about them. but burton.....he made the BEST villians possible and made them very interesting and guess what? its cuz he WASNT a comic ass**** fanboy like all you whiners. ppl gotta stop bashin burton and his ideas, cuz both his movies were huge successes and just about everyone (who ISNT a fanboy mind you) likes them. they like it then (obviously, both films made millions of dollars) and are actually cosidered classics nowadays. wow. burton is the man, he did what many ppl just cant do: make a good,. interesting, FUN AND EXCITING Batman movies while not slavishly copy-and-pasting the comics (which would utterly ruin a good movie, by taking the fun out, ala BB). obviously ppl here are very immature and dont know that back then, B89 and BR were HUUUGE hits and are still considered by many to exceed the "purist-spiderman-bond clone" in BB. in fact, BB wasnt even THAT faithful, there were plenty of things that nolan "changed" for a mive-action movie, so it wasnt exactly faithful in every sense of the word, so thats not entirely true. ppl i think have just been without a "dark" batman movie for so long they will take whatever they can get as long as its not like B&R. thats all i see happening here. I cannot believe the hype this film has received. It is a good example of what happened in "The Emperor's New Clothes". Long story short, two conmen convince everyone that they've made luxury clothes for a king when in reality, they have made nothing. According to them, only those worthy enough can see the clothes. Everyone fakes that they can see them, including a very naked king, so that they can feel worthy. My God, this fable fits "Batman Begins" perfectly.

I like Batman Returns, I thought it was a pretty good movie, and I liked the way Penguin was done............. That said, I loved Batman Begins! It is THe Batman movie.
Stop whining about people for having a different opinion. If you keep calling people whiners and ass****s for liking one movie better than another, then you become a whiner and an "ass****"

Lighten up, they're just movies stick out tongue

Knightfall93
Well said

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Xirius

Lighten up, they're just movies stick out tongue

I wish everyone would realise this.

You'd swear their family was being insulted or something,the way some of them react to criticism about the Batman movies.

Batman Returns
Batman Returns is actually my favorite out of all the batman films, including the new one with that poser bale. Michael Keaton IS Batman, nobody has proved to me otherwise. the first Batman with jack nicholson was GREAT, but IMO tim burton improved upon it with his sequel Batman Returns. Denny Devito was just PERFECT as the Penguin. Same with Michelle pfieffer, she was the best catwoman to date (halle berry was horrible!), and Keaton once again played Batman the best. and i loved the way burton made gotham cvity look, all gothic and dark and eerie, like it should be. the story was also very emotional then the first one and the Batmobile was.........SWEET. this new batmobile they "re-invented" to look like a Tank, gimme a break! im sorry, but you just cant replace the batmobile with a tank. in my book, the tim burton/michael keaton Batmobile rocks hard. bale was just a guy in a suit. nolan made gotham into chicago and all the villians were totally boring and just sucked. WB will never get batman right again, sadly. i didnt know it was possible to make batman....boring. ah well, at least i have my first 2 burton films to love and watch, lol. and on top of that, at amazon.com batman returns is actually rateing better then all four of the past batman movies. obviously ALOT of ppl like it, hee hee.

oh and BTW, i dont even listen to that ******* parker. hes always sayin the same thing all the time, so his posts are automatically invalid. parker needs to go to writing school , get some kind of psycho-therapy, or leave this forum cuz i dont think anybody likes him here from what ive read.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Knightfall93
You can really see that if you watch Charlie and the Chcolate factory... but Nightmare Before Christmas is excellent...

yeah true. Tim Burton needs to do his own stuff because when he trys to make movies off of proven material like Batman or willie wonka,the guy reaches into his bag of drugs and goes wacko and just wrecks the films and betrays everything about the original material like he did with batman and willie wonka.when he does his OWN stuff like Nightmare before Christmas,he lays off the drugs and actually makes good movies.Edward scissorhands is another good example of how when he lays off original material and does hiw own work,he makes good films.

atharpina
Agreed. Burton should save his gothic fairytale-telling for gothic fairy tales.

Cyber Ninja

Guess what buddy ? Nobody listens to you either as evidenced by the responses you have been getting on this thread.The only one here that says the same thing all the time is you.You're the one who makes posts that are invalid and can never back up your claims either with your babble on every freaking thread. I didn't want to say anything but you just keep coming back.... no expression

Now with that said...Batman begins>>>everything else....

Knightfall93
Batman Returns is actually my favorite out of all the batman films, including the new one with that poser bale. Michael Keaton IS Batman, nobody has proved to me otherwise. the first Batman with jack nicholson was GREAT, but IMO tim burton improved upon it with his sequel Batman Returns. Denny Devito was just PERFECT as the Penguin. Same with Michelle pfieffer, she was the best catwoman to date (halle berry was horrible!), and Keaton once again played Batman the best. and i loved the way burton made gotham cvity look, all gothic and dark and eerie, like it should be. the story was also very emotional then the first one and the Batmobile was.........SWEET. this new batmobile they "re-invented" to look like a Tank, gimme a break! im sorry, but you just cant replace the batmobile with a tank. in my book, the tim burton/michael keaton Batmobile rocks hard. bale was just a guy in a suit. nolan made gotham into chicago and all the villians were totally boring and just sucked. WB will never get batman right again, sadly. i didnt know it was possible to make batman....boring. ah well, at least i have my first 2 burton films to love and watch, lol. and on top of that, at amazon.com batman returns is actually rateing better then all four of the past batman movies. obviously ALOT of ppl like it, hee hee.

oh and BTW, i dont even listen to that ******* parker. hes always sayin the same thing all the time, so his posts are automatically invalid. parker needs to go to writing school , get some kind of psycho-therapy, or leave this forum cuz i dont think anybody likes him here from what ive read. more people don't like you. And you said B89 was based on your fave comic, DKR. In DKR the Batmobile IS a huge riot tank! So you think BB was boring... maybe you'd apreciate plot and chracter building if you didn't have the attention span of a 5 year old!

Knightfall93
Originally posted by Cyber Ninja
Guess what buddy ? Nobody listens to you either as evidenced by the responses you have been getting on this thread.The only one here that says the same thing all the time is you.You're the one who makes posts that are invalid and can never back up your claims either with your babble on every freaking thread. I didn't want to say anything but you just keep coming back.... no expression

Now with that said...Batman begins>>>everything else.... Amen to that, my man!

Gregory
Batman Returns: When I rule the world, people who type over thirty lines of text on a message board without correctly capitalizing a single word will be summarily put to death.

And I think it's been pretty welll established that none of us care about your whiny hate-on for Batman Begins.

Knightfall93
Well said, Greg!

Dr.Fate
personnal I like all the movies a little bit (except the fourth one Arnie as Mr.freeze WTF). They all had a different style. first two were stylized to the extreme and had some interesting and intertaining casting choices. the third one will Jim Carey was great as the Riddler I mean like the crazy riddler not the super smart criminal mastermind one. and begins made it seem a little more real and had a good flow

Knightfall93
Due... carrey was asbad as kilmr!

bakerboy
I wont entry in this batman movie debate anymore because this stuff has been done to the death, but the fact that this batman returns guy is always posting the same crap over and over and over again and he never is tired of this, eventhougth noboyd is paying atention to his posts, scares me.

Knightfall93
It IS disturbing

Harvey Dent
Could someone tell me where can I rent these Ultimate Batman films? All I see of Burton is crappy 89 and crappy Returns.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Cyber Ninja

Now with that said...Batman begins>>>everything else....

well spoken. thumb up

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Gregory
Batman Returns: When I rule the world, people who type over thirty lines of text on a message board without correctly capitalizing a single word will be summarily put to death.

And I think it's been pretty welll established that none of us care about your whiny hate-on for Batman Begins.

also very well spoken Gregory.

Captain REX
Hey, this was already closed. no expression

atharpina
Ima take this thread in a new direction...

I saw Alice in Wonderland tonight at a theater(a play) and it was really exciting. The Mad Hatter guy was awesome and he actually said, "Twinkle twinkle little bat, how I wonder what you're at." I didn't know that was actually a direct quote from the book! I thought that it was a different line tweaked by the Batman Hatter to apply more to the comics. The Wonderland story was like an acid trip...but it was still super cool!

On a side note: How long until Burton makes a modern Alice in Wonderland movie? Seems right up his alley...the stoner....

Knightfall93
I was wrong about B89, it's good... except that batman kills like a wuss! then again, I still hate Burton for his Pengy and what he did to Willy Wonka!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.