Balrog vs. Cody in a boxing match

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

unrealman
Balrog ( Aka the man who kill a elephant with one punch vs. Cody ( the Guy who can break through a 1 foot thick concrete wall.) who's more powerful?

Blue nocturne
There on the same tier but I give it to Cody balrog's "Brawl law" just uses brute strength.

unrealman
yes which means cody can also kill a elephant with a punch but he refers to smash through walls. Plus where the heck are you going to find a elephant in the city.

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by unrealman
yes which means cody can also kill a elephant with a punch but he refers to smash through walls. Plus where the heck are you going to find a elephant in the city.

I disagree what makes one sf stronger then the other is skill and sometimes power They don't have to have the same ability just because
balrog can kill an elephant doesn't mean cody can he can just be as skilled as him.

dvampire
Balrog wins.

unrealman
well Zangief can withstand a F5 tornado so takes a combination of skill and power to beat him.

edit: why does it take combination of skill and power to beat Zangief well , first for opponent's skills have to affect Zangief . the opponent needs to get pass Zangief's Durability , If the opponent can't get pass Zangief's Durablity then his skills are useless against him.

Sonic x 20
I'm going to go with One of my Favortie Street Fighters and Final Fight Characters Cody. He can Break through walls, he's know to take Hits Pretty Good, he can hold his own in a Fight, he can Defeat Opponents Bigger than Him, and he can cause a Tornado Uppercut that sends His Opponents Flying in the Air. Cody and Balrog are on the same Tier and they both Pack some Powerful Punches, but I feel that Cody Has More Skill than Balrog. Besides, Cody is an Addicted Fighter and can Even take on anyone with Handcuffs on!!!!!!!! big grin big grin cool cool

Reptile_Master
Balrog wins...

The Fake Macoy
Since this is a boxing match, I think that Balrog will win. However, in a street fight I think that Cody may win. However, Balrog doesn't have the cool prison uniform to fight in!

Blue nocturne
Balrog has no formal training he just has brute strentgh and a strong punch.

Shin_Gouken
It's a boxing match. Balrog is a boxer and a very able street fighter. Balrog wins because he has obviously developed a lot of technique in this field of combat.

Blue nocturne
Balrog lost to alex in the "Vale tudo" and alex is a rookie street fighter. some technique.

brainchild81
Originally posted by Shin_Gouken
It's a boxing match. Balrog is a boxer and a very able street fighter. Balrog wins because he has obviously developed a lot of technique in this field of combat. Ditto. Cody might win in an all out fight, but I doubt he'd outbox Balrog

Originally posted by Blue nocturne
Balrog lost to alex in the "Vale tudo" and alex is a rookie street fighter. some technique. Alex wasn't boxing him though. This is boxing. Not "Anything goes". Balrog wins

Snake_15
Cody wins

unrealman
the fight

Sf3 from strongest to weakness ( SF3 characters only)

1 Gill ( tier 1)

2 Oro ( tier 1)

3 Q ( tier 2)

4 Urien ( tier 3)

5 Twelve ( Tier 4)

6 Hugo ( tier 4)

7 Alex (tier 5)

8 Dudley ( Tier 6)

9 Necro ( tier 6)

10 Yun ( tier 8)

11 Yang ( tier 8)

12 Makoto ( tier 8)

13 Ibuki ( tier 8)

14 Remy ( tier 8)

15 Elena ( tier 8)

16 Sean ( tier 10)

Sonic x 20
Balrog may have Brute Strength and Strong Punches, put Cody also had His Final Destruction Super Move!!!!!!!! Cody Punches Balrog Continuously, then Ends it with an Explosive Uppercut that sends Balrog Flying!!!!!!!Cody is Even More Smarter than Balrog and Fought Alot of Fighters Bigger and Stronger than Him and still Defeated them. Cody also goes Ballistic when he's Angry and surely that will Help Him Alot More against Balrog.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Sonic x 20
Balrog may have Brute Strength and Strong Punches, put Cody also had His Final Destruction Super Move!!!!!!!! Cody Punches Balrog Continuously, then Ends it with an Explosive Uppercut that sends Balrog Flying!!!!!!!Cody is Even More Smarter than Balrog and Fought Alot of Fighters Bigger and Stronger than Him and still Defeated them. Cody also goes Ballistic when he's Angry and surely that will Help Him Alot More against Balrog.

I agree, cody, even without using any kicks could pound on balraog. Cody has been a street fighter for years, plus he has the stamina! Think about how many thungs he put away in final fight INCLUDING hugo andor, (who survived a sinku-shoyu-ken for RYU!). Cody would just be too much for a dolt like Balrog!

SaTsuJiN
this is like having a 1 legged man fighting a 5 legged man in an ass kicking contest.. overkill~

I think Cody vs Axel (bare knuckle) would make for a more kickass fight

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
this is like having a 1 legged man fighting a 5 legged man in an ass kicking contest.. overkill~

I think Cody vs Axel (bare knuckle) would make for a more kickass fight

who is the 5 legged man in your opinion, and why?

green evil
boxing match-balrog
true fight-cody

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
who is the 5 legged man in your opinion, and why?

balrog is the 5 legged man...

its sortof like having steve fox fight hwoarang in a kicking contest hehe

Blue nocturne
balrog is the 5 legged man...

its sortof like having steve fox fight hwoarang in a kicking contest hehe

But balrog has no formal training he was a crappy boxer that had a strong punch that's it and that's also the reason he was banned from professional boxing he constantly broke the rules.

SaTsuJiN
heh.. so it was specified that this boxing match has formal rules?..

what I think the OP means by 'boxing match' is 'fists only'... I dont think he means a formal vegas-style matchup or anything... if its fists only.. balrog is way too strong for final fight heh

brainchild81
This boxer gave Ryu trouble. Ryu was using fists, feet & fireballs. All Cody gets to use are his hands. He's dead meat.

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by brainchild81
This boxer gave Ryu trouble. Ryu was using fists, feet & fireballs. All Cody gets to use are his hands. He's dead meat.

He gave him problems in the comic which is non canon.

And Balrog has no foot work at all he evens says it himself.

Tha C-Master
Balrog in boxing... simple.

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Balrog in boxing... simple.

But balrog is a crappy boxer he cannot box that good that's why he was banned from the ring because he could not follow the rules of boxing.

Tha C-Master
But balrog is a crappy boxer he cannot box that good that's why he was banned from the ring because he could not follow the rules of boxing. That just means he could be too rowdy, etc. I know better fighters who fight on the street because of excessive violence, which is the category that Balrog falls in.

Blue nocturne
That just means he could be too rowdy, etc. I know better fighters who fight on the street because of excessive violence, which is the category that Balrog falls in.

But he doesn't follow the rules of the ring.

Blue nocturne
heh.. so it was specified that this boxing match has formal rules?..

what I think the OP means by 'boxing match' is 'fists only'... I dont think he means a formal vegas-style matchup or anything... if its fists only.. balrog is way too strong for final fight heh

Balrog is in the same teir as codyhow is he too strong.

SaTsuJiN
Balrog is in the same teir as codyhow is he too strong.

do you have evidence to prove this claim?

unrealman

Blue nocturne
do you have evidence to prove this claim?

Balrog has no formal training he developed his strong punch by constantly getting into street fights as a kid he was to poor to afford a trainer so he ended creating his own boxing style called the "Brawling Law" It has no footwork he just uses his superhuman strength and stamina with brute force to win he has no technique that's why he was banned from the ring he couldn't follow the rules because of his lack of formal training, Cody on the other hand is a 2nd degree black belt that has been training in karate since the age of nine he can take a hit has great experience and most importantly has great formal training Cody wins this bout.

SaTsuJiN
You've said it.. balrog has superhuman strength and stamina... he obviously has some technique if he's defeated alot of people to become famous

... and you dont think cody has been street fighting?.. what the hell do you do throughout every final fight?... go to a dojo? lol.. you bust lips in the street from beginning to end

balrog took a punch from ryu in that one HK comic and brushed it off.. I dont think he's such an easy pushover...

buuut... if we were talking strictly game engine.. balrog is a horrible character

Blue nocturne
You've said it.. balrog has superhuman strength and stamina... he obviously has some technique if he's defeated alot of people to become famous

... and you dont think Cody has been street fighting?.. what the hell do you do throughout every final fight?... go to a dojo? lol.. you bust lips in the street from beginning to end

balrog took a punch from ryu in that one HK comic and brushed it off.. I dont think he's such an easy pushover...

buuut... if we were talking strictly game engine.. balrog is a horrible character

Of course Cody street fights I mean he went to jail for fighting so much but balrog is a crappy fighter he just uses brute strength and he isn't really that famous only because he dominates the "Vale Tudo"

SaTsuJiN
well you have to give him some credit... considering what Vale Tudo is

The term Vale Tudo is Portuguese and is translated as "anything goes". It labels competitions with very few rules and limits. Vale Tudo originated from Brazil were competitions have been held for many decades. The Vale Tudo concept got the worlds attention when UFC (the Ultimate Fighting Championship) took place for the first time in USA 1993. Since then Vale Tudo has spread rapidly across the globe.

if he can defeat an 'anything goes' match.. he's got some aces up his sleeves.. (if he has a shirt on stick out tongue )

Blue nocturne
well you have to give him some credit... considering what Vale Tudo is

The term Vale Tudo is Portuguese and is translated as "anything goes". It labels competitions with very few rules and limits. Vale Tudo originated from Brazil were competitions have been held for many decades. The Vale Tudo concept got the worlds attention when UFC (the Ultimate Fighting Championship) took place for the first time in USA 1993. Since then Vale Tudo has spread rapidly across the globe.

if he can defeat an 'anything goes' match.. he's got some aces up his sleeves.. (if he has a shirt on stick out tongue )

But were talking about a boxing match balrog can't follow rules =He cannot box properly.

SaTsuJiN
well thats where everyone is misinformed.. the original poster isnt very clear on what "A boxing match" is... that can just mean "inside a boxing ring".. or "just fists.." and so forth

Blue nocturne
well thats where everyone is misinformed.. the original poster isnt very clear on what "A boxing match" is... that can just mean "inside a boxing ring".. or "just fists.." and so forth

Boxing match is only fist no below the belt,since he just posted "Boxing match" and even if it is no holds barred cody wins.

brainchild81
This is boxing. Not "Anything goes". Balrog wins

SaTsuJiN
Boxing match is only fist no below the belt,since he just posted "Boxing match" and even if it is no holds barred cody wins. ok.. so then that means cody cannot use at least 50% of his black belt training because he's limited to punches, which immediately sways the favor into balrogs court, whos style solely relies on punches

Blue nocturne
ok.. so then that means cody cannot use at least 50% of his black belt training because he's limited to punches, which immediately sways the favor into balrogs court, whos style solely relies on punches

Cody mixes karate with street fighting so he does punch alot look at his moves.

SaTsuJiN
what style of karate does he use?.. theres many kinds...

just keep in mind that boxing means just punches... so whatever style he's using.. he may no longer kick... that eliminates alot of technique, even from karate arts that focus on punchings

Blue nocturne
Most likely okinawan karate but they never specify.

Blue nocturne
Here are some of his moves

Tha C-Master
But he doesn't follow the rules of the ring. That doesn't make him less skilled however...

Blue nocturne
That doesn't make him less skilled however...

But I just told you why he's less skilled confused

unrealman
now dudley is definitely more skill than Balrog but his also weaker than him, unfountunly for balrog he's fighting cody not dudley ( cody has both speed and power ).

brainchild81
But I just told you why he's less skilled confused Naw. You honestly didn't explain how Balrog's a less skilled boxer than Cody.

Blue nocturne
Naw. You honestly didn't explain how Balrog's a less skilled boxer than Cody.

Then you honestly didn't read the thread...

Blue nocturne
Balrog has no formal training he developed his strong punch by constantly getting into street fights as a kid he was to poor to afford a trainer so he ended creating his own boxing style called the "Brawling Law" It has no footwork he just uses his superhuman strength and stamina with brute force to win he has no technique that's why he was banned from the ring he couldn't follow the rules because of his lack of formal training, Cody on the other hand is a 2nd degree black belt that has been training in karate since the age of nine he can take a hit has great experience and most importantly has great formal training Cody wins this bout.

Gouki
Yeah, Cody is a real thug for fighting. Lives for the fight, much like Ryu, 'cept he isn't too keen on following the law.

Sonic x 20
Cody is the Type of Fighter that Loves to Fight and Loves to Challenge anyone, no matter who they are. His will to Fight makes him a Very Strong Fighter and with that kind of Will Power, it will even Help him in a Boxing Match. Besides, Cody doesn't Kick all the time, he Punches Alot as well and don't forget, he is the One who Punched His way through a Concrete Wall to escape from Jail. big grin big grin cool cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.