Babies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ILoveMyDaniel
Baby Dreams
Don't ask how, but we were in English class yesterday and we got onto the subject of babies and dreaming. What do babies dream? How do babies dream? They're so small and haven't even begun to make memories or study things or etc. so how do they know what to dream? My teacher was asking this basically as a rhetorical question to the class and it got me thinking majorly about it. I mean when people sleep their eyes can be seen moving beneath their eyelids, right? That pretty much means that they're dreaming, they don't just do it out of thin air. And also, body movements during the night, sometimes, but not always, when you're sleeping and you kick or move your arms you're dreaming! So this trails back to my questions at the beginning, how and what do babies dream? What do you think?

Shakyamunison
http://www.dreamhawk.com/baby-d.htm

Mindship
Dreaming is what we call our perception of subtle biological and psychological processes (spiritual, too, if you are so inclined). These processes are very fine, very faint, yet very profound--just as necessary to being alive as eating--and are always going on. We don't notice them in the daytime because of the bright, dominating glare of waking consciousness. But at night, when we are asleep and our attention goes in, then we witness these "background" reflections of being alive.

Adults dream about the waking world more than babies do because they are more involved with it than babies are.

But babies are more involved with the business of growing and developing than are adults. Therefore, they devote more energy to those very subtle biological and psychological processes of life.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.