Curiosity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
Curiosity, is this a good thing do you think? Science wouldn't have come as far as it would of if we didn't have it. We would still be ignorant of many things if not for it. It seems to me to be a human desire to know..Something natural. Why do so many people frown on it? Is ignorance really bliss? And there is that old saying "Curiosity killed the cat."...Why then with that saying would it be meant to implicate that we shouldn't be so.

PVS
Originally posted by debbiejo
Curiosity killed the cat

cats scare me.

dave123
Yes, it promotes evolution.

Though several cats would be killed in the process, the lucky ones would be better off.

Koala MeatPie
(...) "Curiosity killed the cat." (...)

Satisfaction brought Him Back.

As Oscar Wilde Said:

"My own business always bores me to death; I prefer other people's." - Oscar Wilde

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
Satisfaction brought Him Back.

As Oscar Wilde Said:

"My own business always bores me to death; I prefer other people's." - Oscar Wilde

You know when you said, 'As Oscar Wilde said'?

That meant you didn't have to tell us whose quote it was after it.

I think everyone should post off-topic to give debbiejo several gallons of her own foul, shrewish, mildewy medicine.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
You know when you said, 'As Oscar Wilde said'?

That meant you didn't have to tell us whose quote it was after it.

I think everyone should post off-topic to give debbiejo several gallons of her own foul, shrewish, mildewy medicine. laughing out loud This is not OT.. But still I am ok with that....Look! I said "I AM".....

Besides, it seems people really do discourage curiosity. Business don't want to to look into other cooperations, Religions, Life styles...etc....It's almost primitive thinking.

Koala MeatPie

Victor Von Doom

debbiejo
Hey!!! Can we keep this on topic????? roll eyes (sarcastic)

This is important.........

Victor Von Doom
Oh, this is just too ironic.

debbiejo
Well, I'm curious!!!......Why why why is curiosity a problem!!

Koala MeatPie
Oh, this is just too ironic.

How the hell is this Ironic!?

Ironic = Saving Somebody's life and they end up killing you latter On.

Ironic = Going to the pharmacy for insulin and being hit by an insulin truck.

Victor Von Doom
How the hell is this Irnoic!?

Cf. debbiejo's entire KMC posting career.

debbiejo
Cf. debbiejo's entire KMC posting career. I think only you see these things... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Isn't anyone gonna answer my questions????

Koala MeatPie
Cf. debbiejo's entire KMC posting career.

re-read my post, and that doesn't answer my question.

I asked HOW is this ironic?

Victor Von Doom
re-read my post, and that doesn't answer my question.

I asked HOW is this ironic?

If you don't know it's not worth the explaining.

Koala MeatPie
If you don't know it's not worth the explaining.

Meaning you don't even know yourself.
Because you made a common mistake, and mistook irony for something else.

Lana

No, you just really don't understand what he's talking about.

I got it just fine.

Victor Von Doom

Sigh.

I'll wait for someone else to point it out to you.

Although another common mistake is posting during your time of the month.

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by Lana
No, you just really don't understand what he's talking about.

I got it just fine.

Maybe becasue I don't spend my entire life on KMC.

Sigh.

I'll wait for someone else to point it out to you.

Although another common mistake is posting during your time of the month.

Oh great, sexist jokes, REAL mature thumb up

And for the record, becasue I know I will come out the bad guy on this one, read back on this thread, he Started it.

Lana
Maybe becasue I don't spend my entire life on KMC.

Maybe it's because you don't post in the GDF.

If you did you'd know what VVD was talking about.

Victor Von Doom
Sorry, I'll try to keep the tone up at the level of

"Suck my balls"

Koala MeatPie
Maybe it's because you don't post in the GDF.

If you did you'd know what VVD was talking about.

And yet you don't say anything.

Lana
And yet you don't say anything.

Because I don't feel the need to explain things to people that they could easily figure out themselves.

VVD was pointing out the irony in debbiejo - someone who is notorious for NEVER posting on topic - asking people to stay on topic.

soleran30
Curiosity, is this a good thing do you think? Science wouldn't have come as far as it would of if we didn't have it. We would still be ignorant of many things if not for it. It seems to me to be a human desire to know..Something natural. Why do so many people frown on it? Is ignorance really bliss? And there is that old saying "Curiosity killed the cat."...Why then with that saying would it be meant to implicate that we shouldn't be so.

I went to a circus once and was curious ..........

I like potatoes how come?

Wet blankets are icky, why?

Koala MeatPie
Because I don't feel the need to explain things to people that they could easily figure out themselves.

VVD was pointing out the irony in debbiejo - someone who is notorious for NEVER posting on topic - asking people to stay on topic.

Thank you.

See, I did not know debbiejo always posted off topic.

debbiejo
Because you made a common mistake, and mistook irony for something else. No, no....it's kind of an inside joke.....Though very not not true!! whistle

Look!....I sure would like some good responses to my questions!!!

When is this gonna happen?

Hit_and_Miss
why was it a cat that got killed??? are no other animals nosey at all???

i'm just curious...

on/off topic at the same time!

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
why was it a cat that got killed??? are no other animals nosey at all???

i'm just curious...

on/off topic at the same time!

Cats are more often associated with bitchiness: 'to be catty'.

Any other interesting animal-related terms?

To be a dog. Foxy. To wolf something down. Tigerish. To weasel out.

All quite curious.

debbiejo
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH AN ACTUAL CAT!!!!.....It's just a saying.....a dumb saying..........It's because cat's are curious....

soleran30
cats are curious?

I always thought toddlers are curious .................

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by soleran30
cats are curious?

I always thought toddlers are curious .................

Imagine toddler cats then.

Kittens.

Very curious.

debbiejo
What's wrong with you people???????.........God, cats are curious, but this is not what the discussion is about...........Are you doing this on purpose to me????

soleran30
What's wrong with you people???????.........God, cats are curious, but this is not what the discussion is about...........Are you doing this on purpose to me????

why does this have to be about you ...................

this is about cats and more specifically VVD was telling me about kittens..............curiously interesting

Capt_Fantastic
I went to a circus once and was curious ..........

I like potatoes how come?

Wet blankets are icky, why?

Is that really Britney Spears? Because that is funny to me.

PVS
Hey!!! Can we keep this on topic????? roll eyes (sarcastic)

This is important.........

you know its snowing over here?
i planned on going out but now i'm stuck home sad

how is the weather for everyone else?

i'm curious

soleran30
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Is that really Britney Spears? Because that is funny to me.

Why are you curious about the wet spot there as wellsmile

To bad I am I am sig defunt so I had copied the picture and couldn't edit it to make it legible......................but it does say some good stuff what makes you so curious about that anyway?

Capt_Fantastic
what makes you so curious about that anyway?

Because if it is, I want to shake the hand of the person who took that picture. That's called foresight...well, actually it would be dumb luck. But, imagine the guy or girl that took a pic of a young Britney having pissed herself at some pre-teen trailer park party where they got loopy off someones dad's beer and spray paint. That is just FANTASTIC

soleran30
Well so I can help you r curiousity, it is Britanny Spears!

That was a light night for her there she cut out aerosols and stuck to white out.

She is lookin CUTE and SEXAY there doesn't she.

Shakyamunison

I would tell everyone, but no one wants to know. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Capt_Fantastic
Well so I can help you r curiousity, it is Britanny Spears!

You have no idea how happy that makes me.

soleran30
I reread that post above where Shaky quoted and I to want to know about IT..................it was refrenced many times yet it is still elusive can someone tell my why it is...................its curious blink

I keed I keed Debbiejosmile

People don't like to hear what the say/think might be questioned and curiosity allows that to happen.

PVS
its not her

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS
its not her

you have no idea how sad that makes me.

Shakyamunison
I reread that post above where Shaky quoted and I to want to know about IT..................it was refrenced many times yet it is still elusive can someone tell my why it is...................its curious blink

I keed I keed Debbiejosmile

People don't like to hear what the say/think might be questioned and curiosity allows that to happen.

What? I'm just curious...hysterical no expression

Hit_and_Miss
http://www.trimpe.org/jr/pictures/kittens-cant-save.jpg

debbiejo
What is going on here?????????......God!!!

Can someone answer my questions?????...Can we stay on topic.........Please..

What??? Too many beers tonight????????

Mindship
Curiosity: good
Hot muggy days: bad

Ya Krunk'd Floo
And there is that old saying "Curiosity killed the cat."...

To be honest, I'm f*cking happy that Curiosity - whoever she is - killed the stupid cat because I hate those moggy f*ckers! Is there a more stuck-up pet than a cat? I don't think so...

I like sunny days and Fridays, but spicy food is my favorite.

debbiejo
THIS IS NOT ABOUT CATS!!!!....................Please people, can't you tell me why..why...you know my posts questions????...Why is it wrong???..I..really need to know.......Cause I live in this place....

Mindship
Curiosity moves you forward. It keeps the world new, the senses sharp and the mind awake.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
THIS IS NOT ABOUT CATS!!!!....................Please people, can't you tell me why..why...you know my posts questions????...Why is it wrong???..I..really need to know.......Cause I live in this place....

If it's not about cats, then why does this chick Curiousity deserve her own thread? She killed a cat, but what else did she do? I shot my load at a sheep once. They're a little bigger, but I don't have my own thread, do I?

debbiejo
I live in this place............. huh

Can't somebody help me????

Ya Krunk'd Floo
You live in a little yellow circle with a confused expression on its face? That's weird. What kind of help do you need? A bigger yellow circle? That's not going to be hard to find...Can't you do it yourself?

debbiejo
Oh...........Always new and how..., That's not the question now, is it.......it's how do you?................Considering

PVS
i think animal rights activists blow the whole "declawing cats is cruel" thing way out of proportion.

debbiejo
Originally posted by PVS
i think animal rights activists blow the whole "declawing cats is cruel" thing way out of proportion. Cut it out...........stay on topic!!!.....Only asking for one......only only one.........give at least one answer.......One........At least for a Eastern State...hmmmmmmm

PVS
Cut it out...........stay on topic!!!.....Only asking for one......only only one.........give at least one answer.......One........At least for a Eastern State...hmmmmmmm

i thought the topic was cats

debbiejo
Originally posted by PVS
I thought the topic was cats What is wrong with people here that they can not answer any of my questions...........god, I did ask even more than one.........Ok, you can think of it as a multiple choice.......... cool

I know this is on purpose!!!!!!....And I am not that what you think!!!Im not the queeen of some sort of alternative topic.....I have purpose here.....

This is an important question now.

PVS
What is wrong with people here that they can not answer any of my questions...........god, I did ask even more than one.........Ok, you can think of it as a multiple choice.......... cool

i'm curious...

do you like cats?

debbiejo
Originally posted by PVS
i'm curious...

Find them quite nice, EVEN IF I'M FROM DETOIRT!!!!.........

do you like cats?

PVS
haven't mastered the quote function yet? huh

debbiejo
Ha ha ha ha.............lol.............kinda gots things on my mind here.....hahahaha.........

ok...back to topic............I wanted to say...........Yeah...ok Detroit....ok...be afraid......Very afraid.

~Mitsurugi~
you know what they say about curiosity, it killed the cat.......

and then I killed curiosity.

Morgoths_Wrath
http://hans.presto.tripod.com/books/curious_george01.gif

debbiejo
Originally posted by ~Mitsurugi~
you know what they say about curiosity, it killed the cat.......

and then I killed curiosity. THIS IS NOT THE TOPIC!!!....What's wrong with you people???!Answer at leat 1 and only one question...........just one....come one.......cause this is where I live........I gotta know what's wrong with me.........Though I know I'm really normal........It's just you others................

~Mitsurugi~
THIS IS NOT THE TOPIC!!!....What's wrong with you people???!Answer at leat 1 and only one question...........just one....come one.......cause this is where I live........I gotta know what's wrong with me.........Though I know I'm really normal........It's just you others................ alright

PVS
rock poetic justice ROCKS!!! rock

debbiejo
blink laughing out loud
No body likes my thread.............. sad

Ya Krunk'd Floo
About that little yellow circle that you call "home", debbiejo...How about living in Pacman instead? You'd get all the little dots you could wish for, and the occasional bunch of cherries or bananas. Life would probably be better there.

Morgoths_Wrath
blink laughing out loud
No body likes my thread.............. sad

George does!

http://www.uncg.edu/ses/courses/compton/Gallery/images/curious%20george.jpg

Lana
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
About that little yellow circle that you call "home", debbiejo...How about living in Pacman instead? You'd get all the little dots you could wish for, and the occasional bunch of cherries or bananas. Life would probably be better there.

Need to beware of the ghosts, though.

debbiejo
About that little yellow circle that you call "home", debbiejo...How about living in Pacman instead? You'd get all the little dots you could wish for, and the occasional bunch of cherries or bananas. Life would probably be better there. You know.......Your not very clever. Kinda bland there bud.

Amazing there are 72 posts and STILL I didnt get any answers here... huh

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Woah!?!? That's no way to respond to some helpful advice! What's that about my 'not very clever', though? I don't understand. What is a 'not very clever', and why do I have one? Can I live in it? Does it need feeding? What color is it? Does it sing? Does it have anything to do with that girl who killed the cat? I thought you said this thread wasn't about cats?

Morgoths_Wrath

curiosity is definitely a good thing...it is essentially part of what makes us human!

but curiosity can have bad results too...(what does THIS button do...?!) but we shouldn't let that stop us. if we're not curious, what's the point??

debbiejo
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
curiosity is definitely a good thing...it is essentially part of what makes us human!

but curiosity can have bad results too...(what does THIS button do...?!) but we shouldn't let that stop us. if we're not curious, what's the point?? Yeah!!!.............That's my thought.......But there are many in this world that world not have you think for yourself.....So, what is better?...To think to make yourself knowledgeable, or to not think to make others and your life more harmonise.

Morgoths_Wrath
Yeah!!!.............That's my thought.......But there are many in this world that world not have you think for yourself.....So, what is better?...To think to make yourself knowledgeable, or to not think to make others and your life more harmonise.

do you really want me to answer that...because that would be pretty self-defeating

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yeah!!!.............That's my thought.......But there are many in this world that world not have you think for yourself.....So, what is better?...To think to make yourself knowledgeable, or to not think to make others and your life more harmonise.

What does all this have to do with cats?

Morgoths_Wrath
What does all this have to do with cats?

the cat was curious...TOO curious!

http://www.electro-tech-online.com/files/cat_gun.jpg

debbiejo
This is not about CATS!!!....

Is this some kind of karma thing????....I'm not even buddhist.

PVS
This is not about CATS!!!....

Is this some kind of karma thing????....I'm not even buddhist.

its a poetic justice thing. maybe the next time you think of derailing another topic you'll think about this thread.

now, back to cats...

debbiejo
Originally posted by PVS
its a poetic justice thing. maybe the next time you think of derailing another topic you'll think about this thread.

now, back to cats... laughing out loud

I am laughing so hard here.........And this is not fair.........Curiosity is a great subject!!!!!...........Probably a male deficiency.

I know, you all lack it.......hmmmmm.....no imagination at all....

Morgoths_Wrath
livin' it up

http://www.mypkhome.com/fatcat/cat-fc-6.jpg

PVS
......Curiosity is a great subjest!!!!!

yes, it killed the cat. now, back to cats....

does every town have a crazy cat lady? you know, the one who feeds all the strays so that they breed like crazy and then there's cats all over the frikin place. then she keeps like half of them in her house and doesnt clean up after them, so the whole neighborhood stinks of catshit until the township finally puts a stop to it?

debbiejo
Male deficiency as all..........no imagination for discussions about curiosity........

Lana
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
livin' it up

http://www.mypkhome.com/fatcat/cat-fc-6.jpg

Holy crap, that cat is massive.

Shakyamunison
Great CAT thread Deb. rock

Morgoths_Wrath

PVS

debbiejo
You people are all disturbed!!...Honestly.... beer

Ok..keepin on topic........isn't it interesting how humans react to different topics?

I mean this could be a physiology experiment.

debbiejo
Originally posted by PVS
eek! I WANT THAT CAT!!!!!! laughing laughing laughing

This is sooo disturbing.........you people are so sick to treat me this way.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT CATS!!!

Now, If you were enlighened and .............oh god, I can't go on in this subject...........

Shakyamunison
I have two cats, how many do you have? Just curiosity at my heals

debbiejo
This is a freak show!!!..........I will not respond.....

Shakyamunison
This is a freak show!!!..........I will not respond.....

I know you have a cat. What is it's name. You know...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
If you have 5 cats and a handful of leaves, how many cats do you have?

BackFire

debbiejo
blink ...............Can I have some of that????

lol no

Shakyamunison
So, what about those cats.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Backfire wins a fairly tatty tabby by the name of 'Miss Shoe'!

Hit_and_Miss
its about time we had somewhere to talk about the important issues of cats...

http://www.trimpe.org/jr/pictures/lovethread.jpg

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Curiousness killed the thread? It's too good to be true.

Hit_and_Miss
moved to the off-topic forum???

the ultimate insult for a thread....

TheOne101
Haha thats a good laugh, this whole time debbi is saying to stay on topic but it gets moved to the OFF topic thread. So...i guess everone SHOULD get on topic now...I think its the government trying to screw with our minds. Saying that curiousity is bad so dont ask questions and dont make remarks regarding something wrong in the world etc. They might hunt u down and do bad things to you. ITS A CONSPIRACY DEBBIE RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

debbiejo
sad Look what you people did to my thread........

Victor Von Doom
So, some irony, some poetic justice, curiosity was explored, and debbie's thread is in the off-topic bin.

A successful thread I would say.

s|m
I wanted to post something serious here, but then I saw it became a cat-thread, in the otf sad

Oh well...

Nice cats. Though, its kind of sad no.

Mindship

I stayed on topic
got ignored
now I feel like a curious-cat end-result

jerry

Hit_and_Miss

http://www.trimpe.org/jr/pictures/deadhorse.jpg

no horses were harmed in the making of this post.... cept of the dead on above... but he died of natural causes.... not, I repeat Not Bats...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.