DC's "Civil War"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
If a Civil War (like in Marvel) broke out in DC who would be on who's side? :

For the registration of superheroes by the government (think Mutant Registration Act)

Against the registration of superheroes by the government.

Batman would most definitely be in the "pro" category while Diana would most likely be in the "anti" category.

What's your opinions?

NoFate007
I think the opposite. I think it would be Wonder Woman for the pro-registration and Batman for anti, since Batman never sides with the government it seems. Superman would probably the the Captain America trying to pick a side. The GLs would be on the pro-registration sign with the Flash being on anti-registration.

Draco69
Nah. Batman would definitely be for superhero registration. To keep track of all the superheroes and make sure they don't do anything bad. He just took an extreme route with Brother Eye....

Superman would likely be in the middle.

GL's would likely be pro due to the nature of their job.

Flash would be either in my opinion.

Wonder Woman would be against any type of restriction of freedom. Batman has no qualms with that.

TheKahn
Pro:
Superman
Cap. Marvel
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Hal Jordan
Atom

Anti:
Batman (he already knows most of them and wouldn't want to reveal his)
Hawkman
Flash
Black Canary
Green Arrow
Zatanna
Elongated Man
Plastic Man

Neutral:
Aquaman
Dr. Fate

I think the whole rape of Sue Dibny would affect alot of the more human level characters. I would think they would feel more vulnerable while the more powerful characters might feel that they could protect their loved ones.

Lucid Lui
Yeah, i couldn't see Batman being on the Pro side either.

wuTa
Originally posted by Draco69

Flash would be either in my opinion.

I think flash would be anti, espcially since he got his twins back

green arrow would be pro

pr1983
i agree with the flash part... he'd be the last person who wants to reveal his identity imo...

thesilverspider
Didn't Flash get Spectre to erase everyone's memory of his ID?

pr1983
Yep, even his own...

The Ion
I can't imagine too many people being Pro. The secret identity thing is pretty big in DC.

pr1983
I think even superman would be against it... remember when ruin found out who his family were? or when the omac attacked lois?

he has an awful lot to protect too...

TheKahn
Originally posted by The Ion
I can't imagine too many people being Pro. The secret identity thing is pretty big in DC.

Yeah, that would seem to me to be a problem in Marvel too. Its only the plot line of having a tragedy where a lot of bystanders die that would make it even plausible. But given the situation where it is thought that by revealing their identities innocent lives would be saved, then I could see more people being pro.

I could see Superman and others taking up the cause of superhero responsibility and sacrifice by supporting such an act (again given the situation)

And here is some cool "civil war" art I found.
http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/1361/800pxmarvelcivilwar2covermcniv.th.jpg

Knightfall93
Batman would be against it just to piss Clark off!

R.O.T. Yahman
How can anyone say that supes would be a Pro? How many people know that Clark Kent is the most powerful person in the universe ? .... i disagree Draco i think Dianna would be in the middle !

smile

NoFate007
Some people...

Pro-Registration:
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
Green Arrow
Captain Marvel

Anti-Registration:
Batman
Flash
Supergirl
Nightwing
Robin
Batgirl
Huntress

Neutral for now:
Superman

Draco69
No way in hell would Green Arrow, THE liberal of comicdom, would ever be for superhero registration. This is a man who has no problem with legalizing polygamy.

Martian Manhunter would be neutral. He's an alien who doesn't follow the Earth's laws anyway.

I think WW would be neutral too. Superman would also be neutral.

The Ion
I think you guys should specify which GL would be pro. Theres no way Kyle, a guy who found his girlfriend stuffed in his fridge and what he thought was his mother stuffed in an oven, would be pro-registration. Never mind the fact that it was a product of the government who did those things.

Draco69
Hal would definitely be pro. He's an ass like that...

Blair Wind
but he gets more ass than a toilet seat! yes

^ just popped in my head....sorry.....

The Ion
I agree on Hal being pro. John too just because he's a tool like that. Kyle and Guy would definitely be anti though. Seeing as Alan is Checkmate's White King he'd be pro too.

Draco69
Originally posted by The Ion
I agree on Hal being pro. John too just because he's a tool like that. Kyle and Guy would definitely be anti though. Seeing as Alan is Checkmate's White King he'd be pro too.

By the way, I read a recent issue of Manhunter and I saw that Alan apparently has a gay son. Who is he? Has Obsidian finally come out of the closet?

The Ion
Yeah, Obsidian is gay. So much for Alan being a grandparent someday, eh?

Draco69
Well there's always Jade...oh wait she died.....than again we wouldn't want that harlot to ever reproduce would we?

The Ion
Jade being dead brings a smile to my face everytime I think about it. yes

wuTa
No way in hell would Green Arrow, THE liberal of comicdom, would ever be for superhero registration. This is a man who has no problem with legalizing polygamy.

who's to say liberals wouldnt be pro?.....this "Civil War" is kinda rightous, and he is always for that rightous shit

TheKahn

And you do? pile

Martian Manhunter would be neutral. He's an alien who doesn't follow the Earth's laws anyway.

I think WW would be neutral too. Superman would also be neutral.

It depends on how you think about it. Just based on their personalities, yeah, a lot of people may be neutral to a superhero registration act, but if you have to remember that this is as much of a publicity stunt as anything.

So in order to build hype and tension everyone of the Big Three would have to take a side ( most likely with Superman and Batman opposing each other) and so would most of the other main DC characters.

It just wouldn't be as interesting if Superman and Wonder Woman didn't care.

Draco69
Originally posted by wuTa
who's to say liberals wouldnt be pro?.....this "Civil War" is kinda rightous, and he is always for that rightous shit

The Superhero Registration is like the Mutant Registration Act. The government will know where every superhero is and what he or she is doing at all times. Does this sound like something Green Arrow would support?

Knightfall93
THE BIG 3
Batman- anti registration
Wonder Woman- pro registration
Superman- i the middle

wuTa
The Superhero Registration is like the Mutant Registration Act. The government will know where every superhero is and what he or she is doing at all times. Does this sound like something Green Arrow would support?

i'm gonna be honest, i'm not the biggest green arrow fan, i'd rather read outsiders with arsenal, than green arrow with ollie, but from the green arrow's i did read and from all the justice leagues i read, yea it does sound like something he would do, he's for the people, and if the people or "workin man" or whatever the hell you want to call it, want this than he would most likely support it

NoFate007
John, Alan and Hal I meant were pro, and Kyle being against.

Why wouldn't Martian Manhunter be pro-registration? What does he have to lose, he's the only martian on the planet as it is. Its not like he can't change his appearance if he really wants to anyway.

As for Green Arrow, it seems like he's (like wuta said above) for the general population. He's more of a transition guy between the public and the superhero populace. If the majority of the people said that they'd want the superhero identities registered, he would support them.

Knightfall93
I reckon that Superman would be stuck in the middle just because he's a bloody retarded oron... oh wait, I mean he's the Symbol of DC, which is strange because he sucks, but hey...

Mindship
Batman, against. He has his own files on the supers, plus the ability to hack into nearly every other database in the world. He won't side with gov't. He works best from the shadows.

GL, for. As was posted earlier, it's in the nature of his job.

Flash, against. I have a feeling that even if he wasn't the Flash, he would still vote nay. Even if he wasn't the Flash, he'd still be a guy with a lotta energy, someone who doesn't like rules tying you down.

Wonder Woman, against. Sheesh, be registered in the Man's World? I dunt think so.

Superman, for. Boy Scout knee-jerk reflex. But then he'd come to regret it.

docb77
Supes would be the strongest against, or possibly he'd put up a neutral stance as superman, but editorialize the heck against it as clark. There's a big reason he has a secret identity - and it's not just to have a normal life anymore.

Quick Freeze
i cant picture dc having a civil war
they pretty much already have all their heroes registered. just its with the JLA and not the government. all the heroes that get any attention in DC can pretty much be summoned by superman or batman whenever anyway.

dont get me wrong i love dc, but i cant picutre a civil war happening i just cant split them up that way unless its like heroes vs villains.

they really are different universes.

Hack Benjamin
If a Civil War (like in Marvel) broke out in DC who would be on who's side? :

For the registration of superheroes by the government (think Mutant Registration Act)

Against the registration of superheroes by the government.

Batman would most definitely be in the "pro" category while Diana would most likely be in the "anti" category.

What's your opinions?
Interesting topic, and I agree, I won't go into large detail about why, but mostly it has to do with what they've been through and how they think, but I'll go through the entire JLU and show who'd be for and against such an act..

For:
Batman.
Green Arrow.
Vigilante.
Superman.
Captain Atom.
Star Spangled Girl.
Stripes.
Orion.
Martian Manhunter.
Phantom Stranger.
Red Tornado.
Hawk Girl.
Supergirl.
Huntress.
Mister Miracle.
Blue Beetle.
Booster Gold. (Trust me, I would know. XP)
Dr. Light.
General G
Crimson Avenger.
The Question.
Maya.
Total: 22.

Against:
Steel.
Flash.
Animal Man.
Blue Jay.
Green Lantern. (Any)
Atom.
The Ray.
Fire.
Ice.
Enlongated Man.
Wonder Woman.
Firestorm.
Dr. Fate.
Zatanna.
Wonder Woman.
Black Canary.
Gypsy.
Vibe.
Captain Marvel.
Guy Gardner.
Vixen.
Aquaman.
Total: 22.

Now THAT's a civil war! smokin'

Gregory
Batman, against. For the longest while, he wouldn't even tell his fellow Leaguers who he was; he's not about to tell the government.

I strongly suspect that all the other Gotham vigilante's would be against it. If nothing else, they'd know that people would figure out Batman's identity if they knew their's, and refuse out of loyalty.

Green Arrow, against. As if the anarchist-Communist is going to tell fascist America what his real name is.

Superman, for. I just think that's the kind of person he is.

Knightfall93
Batman for? Hack, what have you been smoking? He'#s be 10000000000000000000000000000000000% against!!!!

Frostbite883
Ditto.

Dark Shazam93
yes

Juntai
Superman would be on the side the American people were on. He understands the average joes are what make America.

Juntai
Originally posted by docb77
Supes would be the strongest against, or possibly he'd put up a neutral stance as superman, but editorialize the heck against it as clark. There's a big reason he has a secret identity - and it's not just to have a normal life anymore. yep

Juntai
And whichever side Supes is on, most heros will follow.
They'll follow him into Hell, or worse. He's Superman.

Dark Shazam93
Bats wouldnt...

Juntai
Originally posted by Dark Shazam93
Bats wouldnt... Maybe, it would depend on circumstance. In the end though, Batman does follow alongside Superman, just with his own motives and intentions and way of going about it. Batman is also a character who doesn't even currently totally abide by governments, having done many illegal acts in his days. Batman would go with the side he considers for the good of the people, just like Supes. The people ARE America, the governement is a reflection of that... when it's not, it needs to change. Superman doesn't try to upset the natural order of humankind in those regards, and neither would Batman. Not to say they would be for or against, though. Its highly circumstantial. Mostly the BIG charachters would just try to prevent loss of life. Some of them like Superman, Aquaman and Wonder Woman have GIANT political weight.

Dark Shazam93
Aquaman and WW would probably be pro because they wouldnt wat to spark conflict between Themyscira/ Atalantis and America, which woukd result in FAR more deaths!

Frostbite883
Originally posted by Dark Shazam93
Aquaman and WW would probably be pro because they wouldnt wat to spark conflict between Themyscira/ Atalantis and America, which woukd result in FAR more deaths!

Yeah. Especially in the US of the DC Universe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.