No Title Yet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord_Saratn
Okay, well this is something from Judgement of Celestial, something that ESB ((and a few numbers of that name that i don't remember)) made.

First off, the races, the nations name, ((not Magnus Morl, that was mine big grin )) Igros, the Order of Paladins, and Avolos are not something that I created myself, but something that ESB created, and has given permission on his site for people to create our own stories using the places and what not. So what i'm trying to get at is that ESB deserves credit for what i've written. Enjoy!

Oh, btw, when i come up with a title, i'll ask rex if he can change it.

Lord_Saratn
Chapter One

"Hail!" shouted many people, with joy for their new king.

At the top of Magnus Morl stood the new king of Grivance, taking the place of his father, Lord Zelnor Jalver. He kissed the ring of his father (which was on the finger of the wizard), and stood up, bringing his hand up into the air, calling silence to the vast group of people. How they had silenced at his command. How they had done something without a single word was said. People looked up at him with admiring eyes. He was more than just a pretty face. He was the lord of Grivance, the protector of the race of men. Not only that, but he was a Paladin of Igros, one who served not only Grivance, but Igros itself.

"Today," his voice carried out through out the quiet city. "today starts a new era. I am not like my father, as many of you have well notice. My father was a very unhonerable man, who brought pain and suffering to Grivance. I am not like him. I will not see my people suffer. Not just my people, but my friends. All of you here are my friends, and I will see to it that you will have whatever you wish. I will keep peace to Grivance for as long as I have rule over this nation. I will not sit at the throne here in this city of Magnus Morl and just speak words."

"Just like his old man." muttered a cloaked man who stood at the edge of the building, listening to his speech.

"I agree." said a woman who stood at his side. "These fools are believing the words of this man. He has them wrapped around his fingers, ready to do whatever he asks. If he says he's a messenger of the Avolos, I'm quite certain they'll believe him."

The woman who spoke, knelt down, looking at the street below. She was tempted to jump down, and try to start a riot, but thought better of it. What they were doing was more important than anything else. Sighing, she soon sat down. She ran her hand through her silky blue hair.

"Tell me something," she soon spoke, after thinking to herself. "Why is the race of man so naive?"

The cloaked figure remained silent. He was a man, who once lived in Grivance. No one knew it though, not even his partner that was next to him. After a few seconds of silence, he began to mutter a prayer. Not caring at all anymore if what this new king spoke of was true or not.

"Aye, they are naive." spoke he at last. "Everyone is naive."

The woman thought for a minute, trying to make sense of what he had just said. It troubled her greatly that he would say something like that. This woman right here was stuck up, not naive, and she wasn't even a human. She was far from it. Coming from a different race, from the ocean of Almari.

Aquantics were a fair race that lived away from cities like Magnus Morl. In fact, like the woman mentioned, they usually almost always lived in the water. It so happened that she lived in the ocean of Almari. Very seldom do they venture as far out as she, but on rare occasions, they journey across the land, trying to find a better place to live. Most times, they cannot live out side of water for more than three days.

Both were quiet, waiting to see what else would happen. They could not see very well, since they were so high up, but they both could hear what the new lord was saying perfectly. He soon talked about how he was going to create a council, and it would be led by he, and twelve other people. They would govern the nation together, making sure that everyone was treated equally and all that. The cloaked figure snorted as he said this.

Another thing the man was talking about was something that he envisioned doing for the people, creating something he would call the People's Palace, a place where people who had no where to go, could stay for as long as they like without any cost to them. The catch was, (again the man snorted0 was that if they owned property, they would be last on the list to have a place to stay. First priority came to those who were sick, or had no where to go. Next came the travellers, who came from various places in Igros. Lastly came those who owned property. The lord spoke that he wanted to start the new idea as soon as he had enough labor force. It appeared that he was very confident indeed about his work.

"Is it time yet, Algoris?" asked the Aquantic, growing steadily impatient.

"Patience, Love." said Algoris, smirking from underneath the hood that covered his face. "Let the new Lord Jalver make his speech to the people of Grivance. We wouldn't want to kill him yet. The beauty of it, the Paladin here can't do much to stop us. Has to follow the Order of Paladins."

"Aren't you one?" inquired she, with curiousness.

"Was." he muttered softly. "Left the Order of Paladins long ago Love, and I don't plan on going back to it either. I'm an assassin right now, and it is our job to rid Grivance of this new king, like we did with his old man."

"Of course Darling, how silly of me." she whispered in a seductive tone. "Please forgive me."

"You're forgiven Love." he said, moving closer to her, kissing the Aquantic on the lips.

"From here on out, Grivance will no longer be known for its cruelty, or its unjustable laws. Here on out, we will be the proudest nation in Igros, doing our best to redeem ourselves in the eyes of the Avolos." carried on Jalver. "I ask nothing of you, only to be proud in what you believe in, and nothing more than that. I welcome you all to the new Grivance, and I beg you all a joyous stay here, and live long happy lives. Good day."

Finishing up his speech, the king bowed to them. After that, he lifted his hands in the air once more, and stepped down from the top of the platform he was standing on. Cheering once more rang throughout the city. Not to long afterwards, everyone parted to go back to whatever they were doing, whether it was cleaning their houses, or working at the market, the city, Magnus Morl was soon alive once more, as the king went inside the castle of Jalver, named after his father. Sitting down upon his very own throne, he began drum his fingers.

"How was it Jadous?" asked the king to a woman who was cleaning the throne room.

"Marvelous speech Milord." she said hastily, not liking the fact that he had asked her for his opinion.

Getting up from his throne, he walked over to the woman named Jadous. Taking his hand, he placed it underneath her chin, and brought it up, so she was looking into his soft green eyes. A smile formed on his face, as he spoke. "Jadous, why so informal with me? We've been friends since our early childhood. You need not call me lord, but my first name will do fine. Jadous, I am still Azain Jalver, the same person you fell in love with. I am still the same person, though now I have a country to rule over."

"Same?" Jadous asked softly, barely above a whisper. "I do not know what is the same anymore Azain. You are turning into your father slowly, every day. I'm frightened that you may end up just like him. You are not the man that I fell in love with Azain, you have changed greatly, for better or worse, I do not know."

"Jadous-" started Azain, but was cut off, because he heard something that came from the top of the balcony. "Get down quickly."

Azain, upon instinct unsheathed his bastard sword, wrapping his hands around the hilt of the sword. How he loved the feel of the leather of the hilt on his bare hands. How he loved how the blade danced along with him, as he fought against people, trying to keep people safe. He knew what he was doing was outside of the Order of Paladins, but he had no choice. He had chosen to do what he had to do, because Azain knew it was right. If he had stood back, trying to speak words to every person he ever faced, he could have been killed nearly fifty times already. What was different about him was he rarely killed anyone. And when he did kill someone, he prayed for forgiveness for himself, from the Avolos, the Order of Paladins, and even for the person who had just died. He hated killing, more than anything in the world.

Another thing that he had done that was outside of the Order of Paladins was falling in love with his childhood friend, Jadous. To be honest, it was something that just happened, they really did not think that they would fall in love, but sure enough they did. In fact, even though the other did not know it, they were in love with each other, ever since their early adulthood (about fifteen years old) they began to grow attracted to the other. Ten years past, and still neither of them told of their love for each other. Azain was chosen by his father to lead his small army out to battle, to try to slay the Reapers that were trying to invade Grivance. No one had came to their aide, because his father never went to the aide of other nations when they were in grave danger. Azain was injured greatly in that battle, and was healed by a Paladin.

This Paladin was Elnor, a man who came from Maldarin offering his service to the king. It so happen that he was there to heal Azain, which first got him interested in becoming a Paladin. He had said his thanks to the Paladin, and they went their separate ways.

"What's going on?" asked Jadous in a frightened voice. "Azain, is their something wrong?"

"Flee Jadous." said Azain quickly, standing firmly on the ground, looking around to see where it was. He knew it was there somewhere. "Get somewhere far from here, before it sees you, and by then it'll be too late."

Jadous hesitated, not liking the fact that she had to leave him behind to face whatever it was. Dropping the rag that she had in her hand, she ran from the building, which the guards took notice of, and soon ran into the throne room, seeing the lord with his sword in hand. They too unsheathed their swords, and began giving orders to get more men. Azain remained quiet, looking around still whatever that was there.

The Black Ghost
whoa nice job. A++ smile

Lord_Saratn
WHOO HOO
thanks big grin

Fox13
you need some rifle and some raygun in this... war raver

Arker
It's pretty good. I give it a 9/10.

And there often isn't too much fighting in the first chapter, Fox...

Fox13
all my short stories have action raver

Lord_Saratn
WHOO HOO I HAVE AN AVERAGE OF 9.5.

Fox13
i gave it a 9.9

Lord_Saratn
great, make things difficult...

9. 63333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333
33333333333333333333333333 ((etc etc etc.))

is my new average big grin

Arker
Hey, that's my rating system!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're new rating is 9.3637952364572057346502346502374.

Lord_Saratn
Gah! your making it lower. shame on thee for doing that.

I sentence you to three years in the dungeons. Or you can have your head chopped. your choice.

Fox13
if you chop his head of... can i have his brain?!

Lord_Saratn
oh i guess

Arker
Too bad I don't have one! Ha! Sucks for you! Anyways, I'll take the dungeon please. Or better yet, you can let me take your place as king.

Lord_Saratn
Okay, you can be king, and i'll have my head chopped off :P

Lord_Saratn
awwwww who voted it sucked? sad

Lord_Saratn
I now ask that all comments go here, please and thank you:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f53/t396406.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.