a catholic utopia?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

finti
Domino Pizza founder Tom Monaghan is investing in a township around the Ave Maria university in Florida. His vision is a town set by stricht catholic moral values.

Sunday times coverage of this .

So any inputs on this idea?

just love the nick they got for Tom Monaghan, "Pizza Pope" brilliantlaughing out loud

VIDEODROME
They'll serve communion with a variety of dipping sauces.

Wonderer
Just another dirty mark on The Catholics, or The Cholic Cats, as an anagram!

The catholics are so ironic in their sex ethics, banning contraceptives, and banning priestal sex. Are they for or against sex!?

soleran30
Very interesting I think would be neat to see it but certainly not live there Catholic rules are crazy. LOL upon entering this town there will be a large Vat of kool-aide that you will be required to drink before eneteringsmile

debbiejo
Scary, but it could of been far worse, It was almost in Michigan!! eek! I've read that "Mere Christianity", C.S. Lewis book and it didn't have the same affect on me.......I do know that there are other type towns around the country that have their own little "Cut Off" from the world, though this is something really different. I mean this is a whole dogma town....really weird. Though I'm sure Catholics will flock there, good Catholics that is. I don't know, if they want to live that way, I guess let them. I don't have to live there.

Hmmm Pizza Pope is a catchy name.....lol

Shakyamunison
Could I live there? eek!

debbiejo
No contraceptives.......Big big families ya know...Be stuck doin the rhythm method...... confused

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
No contraceptives.......Big big families ya know...Be stuck doin the rhythm method...... confused

If it lived there could I have my alter in my house and chant 24 hours a day, through loud speakers. wink

debbiejo
no, don't think so. roll eyes (sarcastic)

There would be a "Mary" in every yard though.

Shakyamunison
no, don't think so. roll eyes (sarcastic)

There would be a "Mary" in every yard though.

But it's a free county. eek!

debbiejo
Well you can have as many "Mary's" as you want...A Joseph too...

We're still on topic right?.....We're not ruining fintis thread

soleran30

Catholics along with several other religions feel as though they need to repopulate the world so everyone will think like them...............lol I wonder if they can get holybread to make pizza crust so every delicious bite can satisfy the hunger of both body and spirit LOL

Catholic town why not just funny their rules.

debbiejo
Yeah, it's odd how many religious families are very large families. Even many protestant that I know. And yes, it's for the spreading of their faith. Though I think large families are cool/fun especially around the holidays.....bunny bunny bunny bunny bunny bunny

And well, Canada as "French Land"....We all make fun of them...

Bicnarok
The Catholics beleive Jesus was/is God even though he prayed to God, is known as the son of GOD, and said such things as "father why have you forsaken me"

Catholics removed Gods name (jahweh/Jehovah) from the Bible because they considered it too holy, and what about "the lords prayer" "hallowed by thy name".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.