I need some help

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Btrpecan
Hey everyone. I know that I probably sound stupid to everyone in here, but I need help with the following questions, please? It's very important that I get them all right, it's a birthday gift for me for Sunday and I am not familiar with a lot of comic book/super hero trivia, though I'm trying to learn.

What is the origin of Spider-Man's powers?

In what city does Spider-Man live?

What is Spider-Man's principle alter ego?

What tragic event caused Spider-Man to use his powers to fight crime?

According to the 'Amazing Spider-Man' comic book series, where do Spider-Man's webs come from?

Which Spider-Man villian, being inspired by The Lizzard, turned into an animal?

What type of animal did he turn into?

Name 2 of his powers (in animal form).

What was his real name?

What Spider-Man love interest was killed?

Who killed her?

What happened to Spider-Man's birth parents?

Who/what is Venom?

What Spider-Man villian's real name is William Baker ?

Knightfall93
Either you are taking the piss or you're a reatard but...#]

He was bitten by as radioactive spider
New York
Peter parker
The deathn of his Uncle ben, which was his fault
He used to use web shooters on his wrists, now it's organic
Curt Connors turned into a best similar to a lizard called the Lizard. i suppose like a biped komodo dragon
He's just real strong and I'm not sure if he has venomous fangs
Curt connors
Gwen stacy was killed by the Green goblin
His parents died someohow, a cra crash I think
Venom is a symbiotic alien joined with reporter Eddie Brock
Sandman alias Flint marko is truly William Baker

Btrpecan
Wow..thanks.

Like I said I have no knowledge of comics at all, but my boyfriend is sending me this daily trivia and I have to find answers for it. I'm not really into this type of thing, but I just got him an original copy of Spiderman vs. Superman so I'm trying to understand it.

Either way, thanks for your help.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Btrpecan

He was bitten by a radioactive spider.

New York.

Peter Parker.

His Uncle Ben was killed by a burglar,whom Peter could have stopped when he let him run past him earlier that day.

Mechanical Web shooters.

A villain who turned himself into an animal inspired by Lizard??

Hmmm not sure.The only other 'animal' type villains I know of are Man Wolf who was a werewolf and possibly Morbius,since vampires are a type of animal too.

See previous answer.

Morbius: Fly and enhanced strength
Man Wolf: Enhanced strength and could survive in the vacuum of space.

Man Wolf is John Jameson,and Michael Morbius is Morbius.

Gwen Stacy.

The Green Goblin (Norman)

They were murdered by the Red Skull,and framed for being traitors to their country.

Venom is Eddie Brock,a suicidal loser,who bonded with a symbiote,which is a living entity that gives enhanced strength and other abilites like web swing.It bonded with Brock,messing with his mind,amplifying his rage and hate for Spider-Man.

He became Venom.

Sandman.

Btrpecan
Thank you, too, Doc OcK smile

Marcus4600
In 616, he was bitten by a radioactive spider
In ultimates, he was bitten by a super-soldier serum enhanced spider

In what city does Spider-Man live?
New York, New York

What is Spider-Man's principle alter ego?
Peter Parker

What tragic event caused Spider-Man to use his powers to fight crime?
The death of his uncle Ben.

According to the 'Amazing Spider-Man' comic book series, where do Spider-Man's webs come from?
Nowadays, it's spinnerets from his wrists. Beforehand, he made them out of a chemical compound, and used web shooters.

Which Spider-Man villian, being inspired by The Lizzard, turned into an animal?
John Jameson, aka Man Wolf

a werewolf

Super Strength
Enhanced senses

What was his real name?
John Jameson

What Spider-Man love interest was killed?
Gwen Stacy

Who killed her?
Green Goblin I (Norman Osbourne)

What happened to Spider-Man's birth parents?
(died while they were spying)

Who/what is Venom?
Eddie Brock fused with an alien symbiote.

What Spider-Man villian's real name is William Baker ?
Sandman

Btrpecan
Wow...again! Thank you for your help Marcus smile

Knightfall93
LOL, if you wondered 616 is basically the official continuity Spiderman and ultimates is a re-vamp of the franchise wwith changes, but doesn't count in the Marvel reality!

SpyCspider
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Either you are taking the piss or you're a reatard but...#]

DUDE...totally uncalled for. Didn't you already read that she doesn't know that much about comics? Sheesh.

As for the right answers, just look above. Curt Connors was NOT inspired by The Lizard--he WAS the Lizard.

steverules
I think his parents died in a plane crash, but spying might be the right answer.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by steverules
I think his parents died in a plane crash, but spying might be the right answer.

The plane crash was part of their spy mission.Red Skull rigged the plane to crash.

steverules
Yeah that sounds about right. Does spidey know that Red Skull rigged the plane? And if he did, did he beat the heck into him for doing so?

Next Venom_girl
Yep.

Knightfall93
Sorry, I thought this was a complete piss take...

Knightfall93
And I thought she meant which person was inspired a lizard...

Doc Ock
Yeah that sounds about right. Does spidey know that Red Skull rigged the plane? And if he did, did he beat the heck into him for doing so?

Yeah he found out a few years ago.

He also obtained evidence to clear his parent's name.As I said when they died,Skull framed them for being traitors.

The reason he did this is because they were undercover spies pretending to be loyal employees to him.He found out,and of course killed them,and framed them as revenge.

Btrpecan
Ok, I was told that the answer to this one was wrong:

Which Spider-Man villian, having been inspired by The Lizard, turned into an animal?

What was his real name?

Also, this one was added: What was Aunt Mae maiden name?

AND, wasn't the significance of Spiderman vs. Superman that DC & Marvel comics joined forces for the first time?

Can I have some more help, please?

Btrpecan
MAN! Thanks for all the help you all have given me. And it's ok Knightfall. I really dont' know much and i knew that if I posted in here that I'd be lookin silly to most of you all, but a girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do. I just have the goal of getting all of the answers right so that I can get a bigger prize/gift for my birthday. smile

DBZ MAN
a competition prize?

Btrpecan
Well, not really. It's for my boyfriend or really from him. I don't know what the prize is, but I want to get all of the answers right. smile

SpyCspider
forget the trivia.....wear a suit like this and i'm sure he'll be pleased cool

Sparkz
Ok, I was told that the answer to this one was wrong:

Which Spider-Man villian, having been inspired by The Lizard, turned into an animal?

What was his real name?

Also, this one was added: What was Aunt Mae maiden name?

AND, wasn't the significance of Spiderman vs. Superman that DC & Marvel comics joined forces for the first time?

Can I have some more help, please?

Well I can't think of any animal villains inspired by the lizard to my knowledge there isnt any, unless your talking outside comics and a writer was inspired by the lizard,

and Aunt May's maiden name is Reily

Btrpecan
LOL! That IS true, Spy! LOL! SO true. smile

Thanks Sparkz. smile

SpyCspider
maybe the question was just phrased wrong and should be:

Which Spider-Man villian, having been inspired by a lizard, turned into an animal?

in which case the answer is easy and simply The Lizard, aka Dr. Curt Connors, as Knightfall posted earlier.

Sparkz
LOL! That IS true, Spy! LOL! SO true. smile

Thanks Sparkz. smile

No probs damn now that animal q is gna be bugging me for ages (heh spider-man bugging I made a pun) now i gotta research it, damn you woman

SpyCspider
Well, not really. It's for my boyfriend or really from him. I don't know what the prize is, but I want to get all of the answers right. smile

oh wait, it's for YOUR birthday.....nm then. In that case, tell HIM to wear the Black Cat suit.

Sparkz
Originally posted by SpyCspider
oh wait, it's for YOUR birthday.....nm then. In that case, tell HIM to wear the Black Cat suit.

Lol wouldnt that be kinda disturbing cross dressing and all, and as for that animal q it must be the lizard there isnt even a remote lizard nockoff.

Btrpecan
I got it!!!

The villian was Stegron the Dinosaur Man
He was a stegasorous
He had super strength and a tail w/ spikes on it
And his real name was Vincent Stegron!

We have a mutual friend that writes trivia questions for a lot of the games that people know, for a living. So I called him up and asked him

Thanks everyone for your help. smile

Btrpecan
Yeah, that's true. I called him and told him the final answer since he was on his way to the barber shop and he was cracking up. smile I just hope that he doesn't call Victoria's Secret and ask if they can make me a costume because he'd find a way. TRUST me! smile

Sparkz
I got it!!!

The villian was Stegron the Dinosaur Man
He was a stegasorous
He had super strength and a tail w/ spikes on it
And his real name was Vincent Stegron!

We have a mutual friend that writes trivia questions for a lot of the games that people know, for a living. So I called him up and asked him

Thanks everyone for your help. smile

Oh i know him he's not a spider-man enemy though that question is so void

SpyCspider
nah...he is a Spider-man enemy...but just not very well known

http://www.samruby.com/Villains/Stegron/stegron.htm

of all the most random questions, that one took the cake

Btrpecan
Yeah, I told him that he worded the question wrong and needs to check the other ones he's going ot be asking me BEFORE hand so that I can get the right answers. smile

Sparkz
Yeah, I told him that he worded the question wrong and needs to check the other ones he's going ot be asking me BEFORE hand so that I can get the right answers. smile

U shud make a quiz for him lol see if he can answer these q's

Sparkz
nah...he is a Spider-man enemy...but just not very well known

http://www.samruby.com/Villains/Stegron/stegron.htm

of all the most random questions, that one took the cake

He dosen't realy seem a spider-man enemy if he practicly never shows up, I only ever seen him in 1 spidey comic and that was guest starring kazaz in it. Thought it was kazars enemy.

Btrpecan
Your guess is better than mine. smile

Also, he asked me how Spiderman's parents died and I told him this:
They were murdered by the Red Skull,and framed for being traitors to their country.

He wanted to know what the source was for that because he thought that wasn't true. Even though I already got credit for it. smile

SpyCspider
tell him Stan Lee told you so wink

doctorstrongbad
Thats cool that your b/f is asking you Spider-man questions. He must be a big time fan. smile

H. S. 6
Your guess is better than mine. smile

Also, he asked me how Spiderman's parents died and I told him this:

He wanted to know what the source was for that because he thought that wasn't true. Even though I already got credit for it. smile

I'm pretty sure it was written in the comics, and it was also in the "Sinister Six" novels of Spider-Man, which were based on the comics.

steverules
forget the trivia.....wear a suit like this and i'm sure he'll be pleased cool

If you wear a suit like that then be sure to post a picture of it on here.

willRules
If you wear a suit like that then be sure to post a picture of it on here.

cos steve would like that very much wink

Next Venom_girl
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I'm pretty sure it was written in the comics, and it was also in the "Sinister Six" novels of Spider-Man, which were based on the comics.
That's how it happened. I have that issue in one of my "Essential Spider-man" TPBs.

Btrpecan
Hi everyone! Happy to say that I answered EVERY question for my birthday and got everyone except 2 right, which was ok. I got everything I wanted and asked for. Pretty cool, eh?

As for that catsuit, I have yet to work on that. He hasn't bought me one but when he takes me shopping, I 'll have to see what all I can find, take a picture with it on and post it on here. smile

Stay tuned! smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.