Kid sticks wad of gum on $1.5 million painting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KharmaDog
I just think kids are a helluva lot more disrespectful and just more ignorant than they were even just 10 years ago.

It just kills me when the woman said,"he is only 12 and I don't think he understood the ramifications of what he did before it happened but he certainly understands the severity of it now," .

At twelve years old, not only did was he aware of what he was doing, but the little brat is probably laughing at the fact that he may have ruined a 1.5 million dollar painting and all that happened is that he got suspended. What a f*cking joke!

Comments?

Thekid1
That's f*cking discraseful If that had happened 10 years ago no expression

Echuu
Originally posted by KharmaDog
I just think kids are a helluva lot more disrespectful and just more ignorant than they were even just 10 years ago.

I agree.

T.M
How stupid can one kid be ?

At 12 years old he must know that putting gum on a painting is wrong..

silver_tears
I remember at my old school before we went into anything like that, galleries, museums, etc. our teachers would make sure we spat gum out. That being said we weren't technically even allowed to chew gum.

That kid's a sinister ******* to do something like that, and not to mention that's just nasty that he would take the gum out with his fingers and stick on to a painting. Where the hell were the supervisors or etc?

KharmaDog
Originally posted by silver_tears
Where the hell were the supervisors or etc?

That does not concern me near as much as the actions of the kid, who should know better, and how light it was seemingly taken by the Academy director.

T.M
Bring back the cane. yes

soleran30
You do realize that residue from the gum will increase the value exponentially now when they tell this story and how compassionate they were with the child evil face

Victor Von Doom

It just kills me when the woman said,"he is only 12 and I don't think he understood the ramifications of what he did before it happened but he certainly understands the severity of it now," .

That attitude is so annoying. I can only assume that the people who say it were particularly idiotic as children.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
That attitude is so annoying. I can only assume that the people who say it were particularly idiotic as children.

And completely idiotic as adults.

meep-meep

At twelve years old, not only did was he aware of what he was doing, but the little brat is probably laughing at the fact that he may have ruined a 1.5 million dollar painting and all that happened is that he got suspended. What a f*cking joke!

Comments?

He's a kid. And who cares? The painting has a stain on it now. Oh no!

Marcel Duchamp would be proud.

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by meep-meep

Marcel Duchamp would be proud.

laughing

I still think it's pretty disrespectful, because it is someone else's property. If someone, a kid or not, were to stick their filthy gum on my art I'd beat them with a stick.

Grand Moff Gav

Comments?

A $1.5 million dollar painting destroyed?

Jesus Hold the press, alert the President, Guard the Queen... who cares? Whats the big deal? A painting has a bit of gum on it. Oh No. We only have four zillion other pieces of art in this world,

but while we are talking about the dirgracefulness of destroying things...global warming? I

debbiejo
OH, I live very close to Holly. Been to that Museum too, and many kids just don't show the respect that is due in many things like this.....Probably was a call for attention, or a dare....This kind of attention seeking goes on a lot.....

PVS
awww but he's just a little baby and doesnt know any better sad

the kid deserves a good crack in the mouth. and i dont mean a disciplanary slap, but a solid man-sized knock your 2 front teeth out punch.

Grand Moff Gav
All you people talk about respect. Why should children be expected to respect something which they know nothing about? Why not just try and lower teenage pregnances and abuse before complaining about a painting. Or have we reached a stage were art is more important than our kids?

WrathfulDwarf
There is no greater sin then that of destroying art.

That kid is a punk!

debbiejo
It's amazing what parents let their kids get away with today. I see kids jumping on display beds at a furnature store, all while the parents ignore it. Poor sales guy is like sweating bullets....

PVS
Originally posted by Grand Moff Gav
All you people talk about respect. Why should children be expected to respect something which they know nothing about? Why not just try and lower teenage pregnances and abuse before complaining about a painting. Or have we reached a stage were art is more important than our kids?

so kids should be allowed to destroy masterpieces because they also get knocked up? wtf are you babbling about? has anyon e here expressed this to be more important than teenage pregnancy or abuse? f***ing kmc grandstanders are dime a dozen these days. "ZOMG YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE UPSET BY THIS!!!!!11111"

finti
I would like to see what the painting looks like before I comment, maybe the attached gum actually improved it

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
There is no greater sin then that of destroying art.

That kid is a punk!

There's no greater sin than PVS...well perhaps Deano but well...

WrathfulDwarf
laughing out loud

Let's play nice now.

finti
depends on the art

PVS
im just sick of the grandstanding. its so frikin lame and you look lame for doing it.

Grand Moff Gav
With multi-million dollar peices of art! eek!

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by finti
depends on the art

Or the artist...

debbiejo
If it's in a museum, it should be respected.

Grand Moff Gav
Perhaps we should ask the Pope to replace this painting. He has enough.

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by debbiejo
If it's in a museum, it should be respected.

Why?

Inspectah Deck

Comments?

The kids dumb

But I wonder why there wasn't any glass such a valuable painting

debbiejo
Why? Because it doesn't belong to him, it belongs to the public.

Grand Moff Gav
Because it doesn't belong to him, it belongs to the public.

Than as a member of the public is it not his right?

PVS
Than as a member of the public is it not his right?

no it isnt because he's going AGAINST the people.
how the hell can you argue a point of view that people can just do whatever they want?
from your standpoint of arguing, rape/murder/molestation etc is also justifiable.

silver_tears
Imo the piece in question is hideous, but I'm not one for abstract art. Regardless it's still a defacement of property, and someone else's work.

I can't believe people are actually defending the kid. Yea there's teen pregnancy and abuse, but that has nothing to do with this kid. If he was in the museum in the first place with valuable pieces of art I very much doubt he's some poor street urchin.

And the whole why should he respect something he doesn't understand is bullshit, because what if he doesn't understand women, or people of different races, should he be allowed to metaphorically 'stick chewing gum' on them too?

Victor Von Doom
Let's just take a step back. A child of 12 years old goes into a museum, takes a piece of chewing gum from his mouth and rubs it onto a painting in that museum.

He is old enough to visit museums for the cultural aspects, but he doesn't know you shouldn't do that?

That's one of the times when some liberals (true sense of the word) genuinely do go too far.

As I said before, I can only imagine what kind of moronic children the people who defend such actions were at 12.

BackFire
People are surprised by this? Kids of that age do stupid shit like this all the time.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by BackFire
People are surprised by this? Kids of that age do stupid shit like this all the time.

It's not really surprising, but I despise that 'awww he didn't know' stupidness.

One of the most irritating things there is.

silver_tears
That's why older and older little shits get away with crime nowadays, "awwww he's only 15, he didn't know better, his parents were absent in his life and never taught him the basic rules of humanity, so that's why I'm gonna have to ask for manslaughter here today." roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire
Of course he knew that what he was doing was wrong, probably sincerely didn't know that the painting was worth so much. Probably just thought it was a funny prank and did something stupid kids at that age do to make his classmates laugh.

Moral of the story, don't force 12 year olds to go look at art that they almost definately think is boring, and even more definately don't understand/care about. They're too young to be going to an art museum.

Victor Von Doom
Of course he knew that what he was doing was wrong, probably sincerely didn't know that the painting was worth so much. Probably just thought it was a funny prank and did something stupid kids at that age do to make his classmates laugh.

Moral of the story, don't force 12 year olds to go look at art that they almost definately think is boring, and even more definately don't understand/care about. They're too young to be going to an art museum.

Capital punishment I say.

silver_tears
Agreed, forcing kids to go to art museums is not smart, specially if they're not gonna be supervised properly.

BackFire
That all depends VVD, was he emo?

Alpha Centauri

Why do you think he thought it was a funny prank? If that is indeed what he thought.

Because it's a valuable painting and you don't stick gum on them. Hence why he probably thought it would be gutbustingly hilarious to do so.

-AC

BackFire
Because, like I said, lots of kids that age are stupid and think defacing property is cool/rebelious/funny.

Alpha Centauri
Bastards then aren't they?

-AC

BackFire
Indeed. I hate preteens/teens.

silver_tears
Hey I'm still 18 stick out tongue

BackFire
Yeah, but you're hot so it's okay.

Alpha Centauri
You're also female, BackFire's Get-Out clause.

Edit: Hahaha, BackFire is never predictable.

-AC

meep-meep

Yeah. It might be more constructive for them to go to a discovery world or something along those lines.

BackFire
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You're also female, BackFire's Get-Out clause.

Edit: Hahaha, BackFire is never predictable.

-AC

Sometimes, the right answer is the obvious one, my friend.

Words of wisdom, from the fat man full of Taco Bell in his boxers on his computer at 2:40pm

Swanky-Tuna
I think when the gum was peeled off, it should of been mashed into the kid's hair.

I have a cousin who's 12 years old and she probably would of done the same thing knowing exactly what she was doing.

Although the monetary value and the time the person put into the painting makes it worse, it breaks down to disrespecting others. It's disrespectful to the probably dead painter and to the museum. At the very least he should of known it wasn't his painting to put gum on. I don't know anything about women or brain surgery but I don't go putting gum on them.

Alpha Centauri
Sometimes, the right answer is the obvious one, my friend.

Words of wisdom, from the fat man full of Taco Bell in his boxers on his computer at 2:40pm

Sometimes you just shouldn't use words.

-AC

meep-meep
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
laughing

I still think it's pretty disrespectful, because it is someone else's property. If someone, a kid or not, were to stick their filthy gum on my art I'd beat them with a stick.

eek!
Yes I suppose you're right. I'd be pissed too. But If it's so darned important couldn't the museum just encase the painting in glass or platic?

Alpha Centauri
They shouldn't have to do that, Meep.

Kids shouldn't be going in there putting gum on.

-AC

BackFire
Sometimes you just shouldn't use words.

-AC

Next time I'll use pictures. Deal?

silver_tears
Deal!

BackFire
Deal!

Pervert!

Alpha Centauri
I knew you'd say that, actually wanted to edit my post so that you couldn't say that.

Deal!

NO Irene! What have you done?

-AC

meep-meep
They shouldn't have to do that, Meep.

Kids shouldn't be going in there putting gum on.

-AC

True. I mean kids should at least be sensible enough, but I think some kids just don't know what sensible means.
Anyway, I'm sure the kids parents grounded him for the rest of his days under their roof, or beat the piss outta him. Well, I know my parent probably would have.
While I really could care less the kid did it, I admit that it's wrong.

silver_tears
Pervert!

Always naughty

BackFire
I knew you'd say that, actually wanted to edit my post so that you couldn't say that.

NO Irene! What have you done?

-AC

Hahahahaha! I'm using snail mail to send these pictures to you. You'll get nice and comfy, forget all about them and this conversation. Then, in a few weeks, you'll get a letter in the mail, a normal letter, just like one you'd get any other day. You'll open it...and...HAHAHA! No more suave James Bond type MoFo. You won't even be able to string together a coherent sentance for months. The tears will taste like blueberries.

Enjoy!

Alpha Centauri
Why do I feel as though you somehow have my address, despite me knowing you couldn't possibly?

If you weren't comedically disgusting I'd be afraid. Well...I am. A bit more afraid than I already am. Which is a lot...afraid.

-AC

BackFire
Why do I feel as though you somehow have my address, despite me knowing you couldn't possibly?

If you weren't comedically disgusting I'd be afraid. Well...I am. A bit more afraid than I already am. Which is a lot...afraid.

-AC

It's amazing what you can get over the internet these days....

debbiejo
Most kids are idiots today any............

K.Diddy

Comments?

laughing

Victor Von Doom
Most kids are idiots today any............

....way?

Ex11B
Originally posted by T.M
How stupid can one kid be ?

At 12 years old he must know that putting gum on a painting is wrong..

He probaly didn't give a hoot eek!

dave123
Hey I'm still 18 stick out tongue no2

debbiejo
....way? Why don't you think so?

They just don't think?...and who's fault is that......???

Victor Von Doom
I've lost the will to reply to this topic.

debbiejo
Oh, you said way????????????...........Kinda like "Bill and Ted's excellent adventure"......hahahah

Victor Von Doom
I was finishing your unfinished sentence.

Or at least unfinished by any normal standard.

debbiejo
Yeah, yeah.............you did conclude that right.............Idiocy is in the eye of the beholder..............Yet "Way", is just so "Ted's adventure"...

Victor Von Doom
Do people often shake you while having a conversation with you?

I imagine it must happen frequently.

debbiejo
Do people often shake you while having a conversation with you?

I imagine it must happen frequently. laughing out loud They... frequently just join in.............Hey, what the topic again?

Victor Von Doom
A news story.

Or the advances in chemical gum removal.

Or moral decline of today's youth.

Or the nature of art.

Or bleeding-heart liberals.

debbiejo
Not gum???????

Alpha Centauri
How is it even possible?

-AC

debbiejo
What gum??????

henniestevens
Shoot the kid in his back with a 12 gauge, then he will learn his lesson...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I bet the kid sneers instead of smiles. He needs to see more rainbows.

Victor Von Doom
I only see rainbows now that the bandages are gone.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
But if you only see rainbows you'll miss part of their melancholic beauty; their transience.

Victor Von Doom
Yeah true. Although I was just randomly quoting a song lyric.

I don't exclusively see rainbows in real life.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Good. It's better that way, Victor.

What I really, really want is a ziga-zig-ah.

Smallville
I want to know what disciplinary actions his parents took.

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by PVS
no it isnt because he's going AGAINST the people.
how the hell can you argue a point of view that people can just do whatever they want?
from your standpoint of arguing, rape/murder/molestation etc is also justifiable.

everything, yes EVERYTHING, is justifiable...

PVS

sarcastic or not, its what your saying. so why dont you just take your new world philosophy of "anything goes a.k.a. f*** it" to the philosophy forum?

allofyousuckkk
god its so annoying when people complain about how uinimportant a topic is(ive only read the first page of this, so forgive me if this has been addressed). It's not about the poainting being ruined, it's about bastard kids doing things and then not getting properly punished. The 12 year old knew what ehw as doing. Kids aren't stupid. The lady who was stating that he "didn't know better" was obviously a supporter of Jon Venables and Robert Thompson(James Bulgers' murderers). Lots of people wanted these kids^^^^ off the hook because "They didn't understand"...assholes

KharmaDog
Originally posted by meep-meep

If you were truly apathetic you wouldn't have taken the time to respond, so I'm now trying to figure out if you're ignorant, or just trying to illicit a response from others with such a comment.

Now if it is an honest response, then you have completely missed the point and are exhibiting limited comprehension skills. That being the case, I'll stop responding to you because it really doesn't matter.

A $1.5 million dollar painting destroyed?

Jesus Hold the press, alert the President, Guard the Queen... who cares? Whats the big deal? A painting has a bit of gum on it. Oh No. We only have four zillion other pieces of art in this world,

but while we are talking about the dirgracefulness of destroying things...global warming? I

Are you also so one dimensional that you don't see the point that I was trying to make?

You are so completely f*cking clueless with this statement that I don't know whether to laugh at you, or shake my head in disbelief that someone could make such a clueless statement.

So what's your point? It's actually that psuedo-intellectual mentality that you seem to be trying to exhibit that has made behaviour exhibited by morons acceptable.

RedAlertv2
Its funny that people thought this thread was about the painting, and not about the apparent idiocy of the kid.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Its funny that people thought this thread was about the painting, and not about the apparent idiocy of the kid.

Agreed. Also the apparent apathy to the child's idiotic and disrespectful behaviour.

Bardock42
Well, Grand Moff...obviously everything is justifiable...that doesn't mean that everything needs to be justified though...which means I think the kid deserves a serious beating.....

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by RedAlertv2

I think the fact that this thread IS about the painting and not about bigger issues is what is causing the frustration with some people.

is it comprehensible.....

KharmaDog
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
I think the fact that this thread IS about the painting and not about bigger issues is what is causing the frustration with some people.

This is an example of the apparent lack of respect and idiocy inherent in many people these days that has resulted in the bigger issues that affect the world.

Most people got that, those who can't either can't see the forest through the trees or is a complete moron. Which are you?

powerfulone1987
This is an example of the apparent lack of respect and idiocy inherent in many people these days that has resulted in the bigger issues that affect the world.

Most people got that, those who can't either can't see the forest through the trees or is a complete moron. Which are you?
don't start with me.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
don't start with me.

It was a valid question. Would you rather I ask you, "what would Halle Berry think about this issue"?

allofyousuckkk
i agree. This kid needs to get his ass kicked. Im 15, and if I just touched the painting my parents would have me grounded for like a month. Sticking gum on it? Sheesh I'd be screwed. The problem is that nowadays, parents let things like this slide because they aren't parenting, they are trying to be friends with their kids.

imamadCLfan
hi yall...THAT KID IS JUST PLAIN STUPID! I'M YOUNGER THAN 11 AND I KNOW THAT IS STUPID AS HECK AND IT'S A DISGRACE TO ME AND PROBABLY OTHER KIDS. IM NOT A GOODYGOOD KID BUT I STILL KNOW THE LIMITS GOD! THAT KID HAS PROBLEMS BEYOND ANY OF THE PROBLEMS OF ANYONE ELSE!...hi im new...bye

Bardock42
Originally posted by imamadCLfan
hi yall...THAT KID IS JUST PLAIN STUPID! I'M YOUNGER THAN 11 AND I KNOW THAT IS STUPID AS HECK AND IT'S A DISGRACE TO ME AND PROBABLY OTHER KIDS. IM NOT A GOODYGOOD KID BUT I STILL KNOW THE LIMITS GOD! THAT KID HAS PROBLEMS BEYOND ANY OF THE PROBLEMS OF ANYONE ELSE!...hi im new...bye

yes..."bye"...truer words have never been spoken....

KharmaDog

Other than the capitals, here we have a kid younger than 11 years old who communicates better than most of the under 18 crowd here at KMC.

Too bad that you have to be at least 13 to be here and he'll get the boot.

Inspectah Deck

laughing

LOTRmatrix
That kid should be put in Juvie.
Then the little punk will learn some respect.

Makedde
Most paintings worth millions are crap, like the Mona Lisa. Dull, boring, yet it's priceless.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Makedde
Most paintings worth millions are crap, like the Mona Lisa. Dull, boring, yet it's priceless.

Take an art history class. The maybe you won't make such ridiculous comments. Remember when you said everyone's opinions were of equal value no matter what? Well that quote right there is why you were/are wrong.

K.Diddy

WTF laughing

NoahMann
I wonder what the parents did? A 12 year old should definitely know that sticking his gum anywhere BUT in the trash is a big NO let alone on an expensive painting. ugh.

Pop Alexandra
Originally posted by NoahMann
I wonder what the parents did? A 12 year old should definitely know that sticking his gum anywhere BUT in the trash is a big NO let alone on an expensive painting. ugh.
They probably had to pay a fine and regretted not keeping an eye on him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.