Marvel Annihilation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScarletSpider
Didn't see a thread for this yet, so I made one....

Sweet new pic of Quasar!

pr1983
Any details?

The Ion
I didn't even know Quaser is still alive. embarrasment

Is he getting a mini too or an appearance in the other books?

King_Mungi
NOOOO! They got rid of the mullet sad

ScarletSpider
He doesn't have his own book but will be playing a part in the larger whole and yes he is still alive. The last time we saw him was in GLA on the Avengers Space Station...I think.

Marcus4600
Annihilation and Civil War are gonna be amazing!

jrodslam
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Annihilation and Civil War are gonna be amazing!

Hope so.

I was excited about House of M too, and that was a total dissapointment. sad

DarkCrawler
I'm not sure which Annihilation I am waiting the most...

Super Skrull, Ronan the Accuser or Nova. All seem to be cool characters who I know jack shit about. So I want to learn more.

Femi32
What was so bad about House of M?

Marcus4600
It kinda seemed like a huge Wolverine plug.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Femi32
What was so bad about House of M?

Too short. Too much concetration on Wolverine on the main series. Kind of weak overall...

DarkCrawler
Annihilation has awesome covers:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/17/Ronanaccuser1.jpg/405px-Ronanaccuser1.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/ae/Nova20051.jpg/398px-Nova20051.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4f/Annihilation_silversurfer1.jpg/390px-Annihilation_silversurfer1.jpg

Blair Wind
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Too much concetration on Wolverine on the main series.

sorta like spiderman and civil war? roll eyes (sarcastic)

but id rather have him than the runt big grin

Marcus4600
Yup yup. Benids is a good writer, but House of M could have been done so much better. Spider-Man: House of M and Son of M are good though.

ScarletSpider
Yeah, I expect something to happen during an 8 issue mini series. They go to Genosha, "world turns white" they hang around, Wolverine does some dumb stuff, we see the Human Resistance, really more of a cameo than any real conflict, they find out about Magneto's big party, they wait around for two issues, they attack. Wow. It's shit.

Khellendros
I cannot wait for Annihilation. Civil War I'm a bit iffy about, though...

Lucid Lui
I'm lookinf forward to both, but Annihilation is where it's at for me.

Especially now that i've seen that Quasar image.

thesilverspider
I'm looking forward to more Drax his last series was great and it's the same writer too.

Blair Wind
so can anyone tell me who the hell nova is? he was on new warriors???

Marcus4600
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nova_%28comics%29

ScarletSpider
Nova is Richard Rider, a high school student given the Nova Corps Centurion powers on the whim of a dying alien. The Nova Corps is kind of like the GL's or Darkstars, but centered around the planet Xandar. He had Peter Parker-esque problems, and the original series was very good, in my opinion.

He later became a member of the New Warriors, and is coming back in a big way with Annihilation.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Nova is Richard Rider, a high school student given the Nova Corps Centurion powers on the whim of a dying alien. The Nova Corps is kind of like the GL's or Darkstars, but centered around the planet Xandar. He had Peter Parker-esque problems, and the original series was very good, in my opinion.

He later became a member of the New Warriors, and is coming back in a big way with Annihilation.

so he back to being the prime? and thats all his powers, strength, flight? what more can the suit do?

ScarletSpider
The suit's highly maleable and adaptable, he can change its shape and how it looks with his thoughts and it can survive just about any environment. Nova Prime is more of a rank, like General or Admiral, then power measure. In Annihilation it's been mentioned in interviews and stuff that his powers would be changing a bit.

Blair Wind
cool. Strength and speed on par with? sounds like an interesting character

DigiMark007
Never thought of Nova as cosmic....he had a bunch of crossovers with Spider-Man early in his career, so I always just associated with a lower power class.

Lucid Lui
He can be pretty tough. He fought Gladiator. He got beat down, but beat down in style.

DarkCrawler
That Nova/Drax cover is kickass.

ScarletSpider
Not sure on his strength level, but he can fly at supersonic speeds and can enter hyperspace to travel to a destination at faster than light speed.

Nova has always seemed like an earth mid-tier power level character, but his origins are very cosmic, and he had a few cosmic adventures in his own series and with the New Warriors; fighting off an invasion with the Champions of Xandar, defeating Terrax with the New Warriors, etc.

Scoobless
Nova had a short liced seires out a few years ago... it only lasted 7 issues (and was not planned as a mini)

He did fight Venom in the last issue of it though.... kicked his ass pretty good too

During and since that run i've always wanted to see him join the Avengers..... but not if he's becoming uber-powered

ScarletSpider
I don't think they're going to uber-power him, but I remember them saying they may change his powers a bit, but this would reflect the threat and have to do with the Nova Corps.

SnakeEyes
Man... with this and Civil War, I'm gonna be broke.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.