Who are the most powerful teams currentley in marvel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Malo
Who are the most powerful teams currentley in marvel.

Rank them.

inamilist
Defenders are up there im sure

Tshern
Does Infinity Watch still exists?

Tulika
Avengers: Illuminati
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e368/Redstaff/illuminati_1024.jpg
Defenders
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e368/Redstaff/defenders_1_1024.jpg

I think team Defenders are the most formidable group right now. If ALL groups count, remember Infinity Watch, the Eternals, and more on, the Abstracts, the Pilars of Existence, Celestials... you have to outline what kinds of groups you want.

ExtraMision5555
Im assuming he ment groups like Fantastic four, avengers, x factor, etc. And yes you are correct ^^ the Avengers Illumanati is crazy raw
any team with strange is allready top tier

Dr.Strange=Michael jordan, or perhaps more appropriately
Dr. J
lol

Marcus4600
I'd definately say the Illuminati are numero uno. Right under them are the New Avengers, then I don't know from there.

Tshern
That Silver surfer looked just like ET.

GODSCRIBE
Illuminati are top dogs. Thunderbolts are also heavyweights with a skyfather level being in Photon.

Marcus4600
and Hulk is picking his nose.

Tulika
I hate the whole -Vell-thingy. Photon, ie. Genis-Vell is teamed with so terrible losers (asides from Radioactive man) that he's going down just because of that. I don't think even with him on board team New Thunderbolts has a future in the top tier of super groups.

Malo
I do mean mostley teams from Earth or that work and defend Earth more than anything.

the Darkone
Defenders/Illuminati
Thunder Bolts/Eternals
Xmen
New Avengers

DarkCrawler
I'd put Illuminati at the top.

Pepito
Eternals are more of a race than a group

Lucid Lui
Illuminati
Thunderbolts

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Illuminati
Thunderbolts

I agree, and New Avengers shouldn't be on anyone's list. Sentry hasn't really done anything with the team, hell I don't think they all fought together yet.

thesilverspider
Defenders and Alpha flight pre-NA#16...........shifty

thesilverspider
Why would Illuminati be even considered,yea they got uber guys but what have they done as a team besides have a meeting or two.

The Ion
Illuminati for sure. I would add the Thunderbolts but I'm pretty sure Genis is dead as of issue #100. sad

King_Mungi
Originally posted by thesilverspider
Defenders and Alpha flight pre-NA#16...........shifty

Meh! If vol.3 is canon then those were just temporal copies weaker than the team currently in space.
-------
Also are Defenders still together? I didn't read the mini. I heard Surfer jobbed though.

Black Adam
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Meh! If vol.3 is canon then those were just temporal copies weaker than the team currently in space.
-------
Also are Defenders still together? I didn't read the mini. I heard Surfer jobbed though.

I heard surfer spent the entire time on the beach with hippies.......

Blair Wind
I heard hes really just iceman with glitter on him

thesilverspider
-------

Yea,I doubt that's the real Alpha flight aren't they getting another ongoing?I read something like that in a Q&A with Joe Quesada.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Black Adam
I heard surfer spent the entire time on the beach with hippies.......

That upsets me sad

Originally posted by thesilverspider
Yea,I doubt that's the real Alpha flight aren't they getting another ongoing?I read something like that in a Q&A with Joe Quesada.

Yep, interview from Mark Millar
1. http://www.alphaflight.net/interviews/mm_interview2.php

bitca730
The Illumanati sure has a hell of a combo...Strange, Xavier, Black Bolt, Reed, Namor, and Iron Man? Ouch...

GalacticStorm
If we're talking current groups active in Marvel as the threamaker specified then id agree and say :

Illuminati
Thunderbolts
Uncanny X-men
New Avengers
F4/Astonishing X-men

DarkCrawler
That upsets me sad

It was funny series, though. smile

And Hulk snuffed out Dormammu. laughing out loud

And it had Namor. wink

Templares
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
If we're talking current groups active in Marvel as the threamaker specified then id agree and say :

Illuminati
Thunderbolts
Uncanny X-men
New Avengers
F4/Astonishing X-men

This is the list alright.

Etrigan
Illuminati surely.

The Defenders, the Avengers.... and others.

theobvious
This one isn't really fair as we all know the Illuminati are on top.
GS' list got it.

Tony Stark
-------

"Meh! If vol.3 is canon then those were just temporal copies weaker than the team currently in space."

That is only speculation on your part and probably lots of prayers to the gods of all comics. Nothing more.

Sorry.

cool

Illuminati no doubt #1

Thunderstrike
Kinda funny that the whole group says they can't stop Hulk when more than likely they could. Black Bolt could kill Hulk by himself with ease.

JOE NUNEZ
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Kinda funny that the whole group says they can't stop Hulk when more than likely they could. Black Bolt could kill Hulk by himself with ease. Actually he can, just take a look at the BB respect thread.

JOE NUNEZ
We can take out the new avengers..

bitca730
^^^Hahaha, definitely...

Thats one of the best Sig's Ive seen, Joe..

JOE NUNEZ
Originally posted by Moderator
Thats one of the best Sig's Ive seen, Joe.. Thanks, Moderator all due respect goes to Thunderstrike he was the creator of it; I just supplied the motivation.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.