Drought in the UK??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok
Ieard o the news that the uk might ave a Hosepipe ban and even standpipes in the streets due to lack of water.

How can this be, it must be one of the most rainiest countries in the world.

Ushgarak
It's just not raining in the south. It's been cold lately but very dry indeed.

debbiejo
God must be punishing the UK too.........

dave123
Yeah, the weather down in the south east has been a bit off lately... we need some April showers to save us firefirefireph

debbiejo
Must be Armageddon!!!!!!

Hit_and_Miss
Originally posted by Bicnarok
How can this be, it must be one of the most rainiest countries in the world.

My GREAT country isn't like that... its as rainny as USA is the Fattest country... It's just a stereotype... And we have had pipe bans for the last 10 odd years... they always moan about it on the tv.. yet I don't think anyone actually bothers to listen to them...

I would hazad a guess as to say we will have them again next year... Its all due to that Diana fountain... Wasting all that water....

debbiejo
You're all gonna die!!!!!!!!!!!

Beg others for assistance.

Hit_and_Miss
Originally posted by debbiejo
You're all gonna die!!!!!!!!!!!

Beg others for assistance. http://www.trimpe.org/jr/pictures/rows-sign1.jpg

debbiejo
Sorry, your little pic thing does not show here..............Just back out.

Ushgarak
The problem is that the south, and especially the south-east, is very dependant on underground aquifiers for water supply.

These aquifers only fill if there is rain in winter and early spring, because in the warmer months the water evaporates before it reaches them.

As it has been dry all winter, the chances are that water will run very low in summer as there will be few reserves.

Whilst the North, and Scotland, has all the water it will ever need. There is the start of an agrument that we should maybe create a national water grid.

Alpha Centauri
Water way to start the year eh?

-AC

soleran30
actuallly the USA is the fattest country per capitasmile in the world

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.