Infinite crisis is bloody confusing.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
... But i think i have got the hang of it.

Blue beetle get's killed by maxwell lord for discovering that he has control of bat's satellite.

Lord Brainwashes supes to beat the shit out of wonder woman , WW kills lord to break the mind control. His death is broad casted across the world

Omacs pop out of the woodwork as a dc version of zero tolerance swings into action.

A giant space war is happening , jade dies and kyle rayner becomes ion once more .

While all this crazy shit is happening Kal-l , Alex Luthor (with hair !) and superboy prime appear.

Kal-L and Alex luthor want to turn dc world into what 'their' world was , by a means of replacement.

Superboy prime ( aka a kid from our world who is still somehow superboy ) get's carted off into the speedforce by the various speedsters for killing super team members.

Have i got it right so far ?

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by grey fox
... But i think i have got the hang of it.

Blue beetle get's killed by maxwell lord for discovering that he has control of bat's satellite.

Lord Brainwashes supes to beat the shit out of wonder woman , WW kills lord to break the mind control. His death is broad casted across the world

Omacs pop out of the woodwork as a dc version of zero tolerance swings into action.

A giant space war is happening , jade dies and kyle rayner becomes ion once more .

While all this crazy shit is happening Kal-l , Alex Luthor (with hair !) and superboy prime appear.

Kal-L and Alex luthor want to turn dc world into what 'their' world was , by a means of replacement.

Superboy prime ( aka a kid from our world who is still somehow superboy ) get's carted off into the speedforce by the various speedsters for killing super team members.

Have i got it right so far ?

Yess ... the whole thing was instigated by Alex Luthor, who wants to re create the Multi vesrse and find the perfect universe. He set up everything from the Rann Thanagar War, to Spectres rampage. This whole thing started over a year ago in identity crisis, when people gets pissed about Zattana wiping everyones mind. Both Batman and Alex Luthor took this very seriously, as Batman set up Brother eye and Alex Luthor started the Crisis. smile

The Ion
It's so confusing you seem to understand it? stick out tongue

Draco69
It IS rather confusing. Unfortunately alot of key events happen in other books...and those other books kinda have different interpretations on the key events.

Prime example is Wonder Woman and IC. COMPLETELY different intrepretations of the invasion of the OMACS to Themyscira...

thesilverspider
I think you can only get lost if you don't pick up some key tie ins.If you get them you'll be fine.
The first crisis was more confusing then this one IMO.

WrathfulDwarf
Practically is a master plan gone terribly wrong. Reading IC#5 there is no way someone will clean up the mess all those multi-universe earths made. I can't see how it will be fixed OYL.

roughrider
The scans we see from the issues - we are seeing every panel, right? I still don't feel I'm seeing everything, even with the tie-ins. The original Crisis had many tie-ins; I never read a single one of them, and I was still able to follow it all. (Well, I was reading Swamp Thing issues from then, and they touched the Crisis here and there...)
They seem to need multiple artists for every issue; maybe this is a real struggle behind the scenes.

Knightfall93
i still love it...

DarkCrawler
I've had more fanboygasms with this series then any. Besides Marvels and Kingdom Come.

The Ion
Originally posted by roughrider
The scans we see from the issues - we are seeing every panel, right? I still don't feel I'm seeing everything, even with the tie-ins. The original Crisis had many tie-ins; I never read a single one of them, and I was still able to follow it all. (Well, I was reading Swamp Thing issues from then, and they touched the Crisis here and there...)
They seem to need multiple artists for every issue; maybe this is a real struggle behind the scenes.
They need multiple artists because the scripts get finished so late. Jimenez would never be able to finish on time.

As far as tie ins, each issue seems to have a tie in or two to help flesh out the story. The main series is basically the abridged version of everything going on.

wuTa
i see how people can find it confusing with all the mult-universes, and them make this superhero from this planet or that planet, espically when it is compared to the original IC of just villians knowing identities and killing family

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.