-=- Prooving God is not Relliable / Not Necessairy -=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koala MeatPie
Two ways here.

1st off, If God chooses what is good and what isn't, then he could change his mind from day to day.

Example: Kill Your Son to prove your devotion to me, this is good. *goes to kill his son* No, on second thought, Don't you have already proven enough.

2ndly, if it was already good or bad, we don't need God to tel us this.

Case closed.

Now I know I will get some debate on that 1st point, but all in all, its true. If HE decides whats good or not, then he can change It from day to day.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
Two ways here.

1st off, If God chooses what is good and what isn't, then he could change his mind from day to day.

Example: Kill Your Son to prove your devotion to me, this is good. *goes to kill his son* No, on second thought, Don't you have already proven enough.

Case closed.

Now I know I will get some debate on that 1st point, but all in all, its true. If HE decides whats good or not, then he can change It from day to day.

Your understanding of God is based on Christianity. There are other types of understands of God that both 1 and 2 would not apply to.

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Your understanding of God is based on Christianity. There are other types of understands of God that both 1 and 2 would not apply to.

This is Aimed at Christian / Mormon / Protestant.

Punker69
Why do most people on the boards just disagree and bash Christianity but acknowledge and respect almost every other relgion a member confesses to believe in.

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by Punker69
Why do most people on the boards just disagree and bash Christianity but acknowledge and respect almost every other relgion a member confesses to believe in.

1- Christianity: A Rip off on Other Religions, Filled with lies and Contradictions, cursed women into second rank.

2- Mormons: Morons. Jesus being born in America? Enough Said.

3- Protestants: Henery 8th wants more woman. Henry 8th creats new Religion...

Rip-off off Christanity, Why not just Not havea religion instead of creatign anew one where you can Devorce?

katie_girl09
1- Christianity: A Rip off on Other Religions, Filled with lies and Contradictions, cursed women into second rank.

I guess you know all that for a fact? You don't have to believe there is a God if you don't want to, but at least be mature about it and respect other people's beliefs...

katie_girl09
Originally posted by Punker69
Yup! The fact is a lot of people out there like to believe that they are open-minded and objective, but as soon as they find out you are a Christian they hate you. Christianity is like the kid in class that everyone loves to pick on...

soleran30
Originally posted by katie_girl09
Yup! The fact is a lot of people out there like to believe that they are open-minded and objective, but as soon as they find out you are a Christian they hate you. Christianity is like the kid in class that everyone loves to pick on...

Yeah it does suck for christians ...............

I feel the reason they do that though is because Christians are vocal and active.............I mean how many buddhists are out there forming groups and making themselves public like christians?

And for Kaola Shaky said it best..............................however just for a christian piece you were speaking of the old testament there and the new testament kinda douses that flame.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by soleran30
Yeah it does suck for christians ...............

I feel the reason they do that though is because Christians are vocal and active.............I mean how many buddhists are out there forming groups and making themselves public like christians?

And for Kaola Shaky said it best..............................however just for a christian piece you were speaking of the old testament there and the new testament kinda douses that flame.

Koala MeatPie
FFS, this stick to the thread's topic.

stop_sign
Two ways here.

Case closed.

ok well when God asked Abraham to sacrifice his son he was testing Abrahams faith...as Christians we sometimes have to do things that dont turn out the best for us but its what God wants us to do and now back to what happened Abraham did what God told him to therefore God knew Abraham was faithful to him and as we know his son was not sacrificed for God provided a ram...and because of Abrahams obedience he was blessed.

and i dont get your arguement of good and bad it doesnt make sense.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by stop_sign
ok well when God asked Abraham to sacrifice his son he was testing Abrahams faith...as Christians we sometimes have to do things that dont turn out the best for us but its what God wants us to do and now back to what happened Abraham did what God told him to therefore God knew Abraham was faithful to him and as we know his son was not sacrificed for God provided a ram...and because of Abrahams obedience he was blessed.

and i dont get your arguement of good and bad it doesnt make sense.

God told Abraham that murder is wrong. Perhaps telling Abraham to kill his only son could have been a test to see if he would disobey God.

Perhaps it was not the voice of God that told Abraham to kill his only son, but the voice of the Devil.

Perhaps it was not the voice of God that told Abraham to kill his only son, but the voice his own madness.

Perhaps God wanted Abraham to kill his only son because He is a wicked and evil god.

The point is that Abraham did not know whether the voice he heard was the voice of God, the Devil, or his own madness. He chose to believe it was the voice of God.

Believing the voice he heard to be the voice of God, Abraham did not know whether God was testing him to see if he would obey the command to kill his only son, or testing him to see if he would obey the command not to murder, and not kill his only son. He chose to believe that it was a test to obey the command to murder his son.

Fear and Trembling, indeed.

stop_sign
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
God told Abraham that murder is wrong. Perhaps telling Abraham to kill his only son could have been a test to see if he would disobey God.

Perhaps it was not the voice of God that told Abraham to kill his only son, but the voice of the Devil.

Perhaps it was not the voice of God that told Abraham to kill his only son, but the voice his own madness.

Perhaps God wanted Abraham to kill his only son because He is a wicked and evil god.

The point is that Abraham did not know whether the voice he heard was the voice of God, the Devil, or his own madness. He chose to believe it was the voice of God.

Believing the voice he heard to be the voice of God, Abraham did not know whether God was testing him to see if he would obey the command to kill his only son, or testing him to see if he would obey the command not to murder, and not kill his only son. He chose to believe that it was a test to obey the command to murder his son.

you so twisted that out of context- NO Abraham knew it was God He was a man of God and could distinguish if it were God speaking. Plus if it were the devil speaking Abrahams son would of died right then... but no it was God and he ( as i said before) provided a lamb and because of this act of obedience and faithfulness Abraham was BLESSED(i dont think the devil would bless anyone). if you dont believe in the Bible then you will NOT believe anything i have to say about this and you'll just keep on argueing... if you read the story of Abraham it explains all but most likely you rather not believe in that stuff so theres nothing i can do

Himo
Originally posted by stop_sign
you so twisted that out of context- NO Abraham knew it was God He was a man of God and could distinguish if it were God speaking. Plus if it were the devil speaking Abrahams son would of died right then... but no it was God and he ( as i said before) provided a lamb and because of this act of obedience and faithfulness Abraham was BLESSED(i dont think the devil would bless anyone). if you dont believe in the Bible then you will NOT believe anything i have to say about this and you'll just keep on argueing... if you read the story of Abraham it explains all but most likely you rather not believe in that stuff so theres nothing i can do

To who's account? his own? So just because he says so, we should believe it? So if I say I'm the first human, will you believe me because I tell you God told me I was?

No. It is a matter of faith, and that is something that cannot be taught. You believe it wsa really God, but others do not. It won't help trying to prove them wrong, since all your saying is based on Faith in the Bible and circumstancial evidence.

debbiejo
I guess you know all that for a fact? You don't have to believe there is a God if you don't want to, but at least be mature about it and respect other people's beliefs... Because it is a fact....Christianity was taken from older mythologies such as the Mithra religion and made it its own.

In that story of Abraham, he didn't know that it was a test. He didn't know that god would supply another sacrifice. He was going to kill his own son...His only son to please god. What kind of character does a god like that have to even suggest such a thing??

katie_girl09
Originally posted by debbiejo
Because it is a fact....Christianity was taken from older mythologies such as the Mithra religion and made it its own.

In that story of Abraham, he didn't know that it was a test. He didn't know that god would supply another sacrifice. He was going to kill his own son...His only son to please god. What kind of character does a god like that have to even suggest such a thing??
But how do you KNOW for sure that it was taken from there? How is it even possible to know for sure? Its not...
Okay, lemme try and explain that whole Abraham thing the way that I have seen it...
It was a test from God to see how obedient Abraham was. It was his son - his flesh and blood. And Abraham was very loyal to God. He trusted God. He was promised children and God delivered on that promise. Abraham knew that God would never let him down. He must have thought that if God told him to sacrifice his son there must have been a reason for it. Who knows? He may have even brought his son back to life afterward. As high as heaven is from Earth so are his thoughts and his ways higher than our thoughts and our ways. We won't always understand what God does, but just because we don't understand doesn't mean that it doesn't make any sense. The lesson is that you just have to trust him because he will never let you down.

Shakyamunison
But how do you KNOW for sure that it was taken from there? How is it even possible to know for sure? Its not...
Okay, lemme try and explain that whole Abraham thing the way that I have seen it...
It was a test from God to see how obedient Abraham was. It was his son - his flesh and blood. And Abraham was very loyal to God. He trusted God. He was promised children and God delivered on that promise. Abraham knew that God would never let him down. He must have thought that if God told him to sacrifice his son there must have been a reason for it. Who knows? He may have even brought his son back to life afterward. As high as heaven is from Earth so are his thoughts and his ways higher than our thoughts and our ways. We won't always understand what God does, but just because we don't understand doesn't mean that it doesn't make any sense. The lesson is that you just have to trust him because he will never let you down.

The lesson is blind faith. It is used by people of power to control that masses. "Do what I say, because what I say is what god said." That is the controlling way.

finti
never differed between the religions

ehhh no the Church of England was severed from the Roman Catholic church during his reign, making him the head of The Church of England. It just meant that The Roman Catholics had yet another opponent besides the reformers on the European continents later to be known and labeled Protestants. The Protestants reformation really kick started with Martin Luthers 95 theses allegedly banged up on the Castle Church doors in Wittenberg in 1517. As of Henry VIII , his acts begun 1535

debbiejo
Why'd you say allegedly?....I thought that was fact. confused

But how do you KNOW for sure that it was taken from there? How is it even possible to know for sure?
Because it's part of history. The Jews knew about it along with the Gnostic's and pagans, and were persecuted for it.

Ya Krunk'd Floo

Probably has something to do with Christianity being the bully who tries to force others to agree with it. History is littered with examples of Christianity's intolerance towards other belief systems.

Wonderer
This is Aimed at Christian / Mormon / Protestant.

In other words, your view of God is the one which Constantine and other businessmen sold a few centuries ago.

katie_girl09
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Probably has something to do with Christianity being the bully who tries to force others to agree with it. History is littered with examples of Christianity's intolerance towards other belief systems.
I find it funny how no one says that about Islam... only Christianity. People never seem to wanna let go of Imperialism and other happenings in history many years ago as the example of Christianity being a bullying and evil religion.

katie_girl09
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
The lesson is blind faith. It is used by people of power to control that masses. "Do what I say, because what I say is what god said." That is the controlling way.
But in this case it was God Himself that told Abraham to do it.

Black Rob
Two ways here.

Case closed.

Now I know I will get some debate on that 1st point, but all in all, its true. If HE decides whats good or not, then he can change It from day to day. The obvious response to that is whats good and bad? Aren't good and bad vagueries that humans created to classify the occurence of our lives?

Wesker
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

I think this says it best. It is irrational that Abraham believed in God when he said Isaac would grow up and lead a great nation, believed in God's word that murder was evil, and then proceeded to murder his son on what he perceived to be God's orders.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.