"Brokeback Mountain"- How its effected America.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punker69
Well since "Brokeback Mountain" has already been a huge success and is promoting the liberal homosexual movement across America by showing the side of homesexuallity one supposedly cant help.

I thought since its fame and the things its already accomplished for its movement it should be discussed in the General Discussion forum to talk about the other aspects of the movie.

I have have not seen the movie but from what I read about the story and various synoposis's I've read I can tell that acting wise and storyline wise it may be quite the movie but it also may very well be good ol fashion homosexual propoganda.

The obvious message the film is trying to convey is that its alright to be a homosexual because the feelings you have cannot be helped and it trys to make people feel sorry for them because their lives are torn apart by a love they supposedly can't prevent.

I am personally against the movie because I am a firm believer that homosexuality is wrong and the movie trys to justify and give glory to something that deserves nothing of the sort. Not only is it just a movie about homosexuality but a very popular one as well already receiving multiple awards and nominations. And we all know its going to reign at the oscars.

One doesn't need to be assured that their feelings towards the same sex are natural and ok but that they can be delivered through the name of Jesus Christ.

Also the film doesnt even depict a positive story about homosexuality. It instead shows a story of two men who have lied and cheated on their wives with someone of the same sex. Not only does this promote homosexualuty but also fornication and both are an abomination to God's word.

Victor Von Doom
Hey, what about if you didn't watch it?

Would that work?

I only mention it because at some point in the future, I might like to watch it. It's very unlikely, but I'd still rather have that option than to have my choices limited by the interference of other people.

Hit_and_Miss
we already have several homosexual threads... Why create another one with the purpose of trying to bash gays...

and really have you no thought of your own that your need the bible to tell you whats right and wrong???

So tell me cringe... When you eventually have sex with your wife...(and only after your married.. No hanky panky before!) will you only do it missionary? and only for the sake of having a child? would you accept a blow job if she offered?

http://www.trimpe.org/jr/pictures/jesusname.jpg

Punker69
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
we already have several homosexual threads... Why create another one with the purpose of trying to bash gays...

and really have you no thought of your own that your need the bible to tell you whats right and wrong???

This is a thread oriented on the effects of "Brokeback Mountain." Not homosexuals in general. The purpose is solely of that. Not to bash homosexuals. That was just my opinion. You can go against it if you want since thats the effect of having a conversation of something of this nature.

The Bible is an essential guidebook to have a healthy Christian walk with God. Just because I follow what I believe to be right doesn't mean I have no mind of my own. I have debated the topics I believe in time and time again in previous years of my life but have come to the understanding that this is the way I want to live.

soleran30
Well its a choice lifestyle as depicted in this film however I doubt that is what the intention of the film is.

Love knows no bounds and why hold gender to love or love to cross gender. ........etc synopsis of the film

Shakyamunison
Nover saw it, not my type of movie, cowboy movie that is.

BackFire
Punker, your predetermined ideas and thoughts about the movie are extremely wrong, as are most who haven't seen the movie. It's obvious you haven't seen the film.

1. The movie is not any form of propoganda, there is nothing like that about the movie. It doesn't attempt to persuade you into agreeing with a certain ideal.

2. It belongs to no movement. People in the pro-homosexual movement support it and generally like it, thus people think the film itself has some agenda; it doesn't. It just tells a great story, beautifully, and shows the effects that self loathing and self denial can have on a person in an honest and heartbreaking manner. It also shows the how a person can be so brainwashed by a society that they deny something about themselves just because they've been told for their whole lives that "it's wrong". It's hardly a pro-homosexual film. It's just a film about people, it's a theme anyone can relate to - Having something right there in front of you that you know will make you happy, but being to afraid to take a chance with it, and hesitating and procrastinating until it's too late, and that thing that would make you happy is gone.

People have taken this movie way to far by injecting an agenda that isn't even there. People who haven't even seen it make some terribly idioitic assumptions about it based on biased word of mouth from people who are attempting to demonize the film for having homosexual themes and characters and showing them in a non negative light. They themselves probably hate it so because they can't deal with their own feelings after seeing the film. The only thing the film does is humanize two homosexual men, and allows to see their plights and actually understand their feelings.

It's funny, most of the people who prematurely condemn this movie for having an agenda (which again, is incorrect) are usually the ones with the agenda. They're just anti-homosexual and think that any portrayal of homosexualit that isn't demonized to satisfy their own ideas is bad and shouldn't exist. In reality, these are teh people who should see this movie, not because it will change their mind through agenda or propoganda, but it will show them homosexuals in a way they probably have never really seen them as before - as purely, and completely, human.

WrathfulDwarf
It hasn't affected anything in America. Is just flippin friggin movie.

I will agree with you on the fact that fame has play a role. And quite frankly giving more attention to a film like this is just nothing but overrated hype. And yes! I will agree those two good cowboys look like pretty boys who just got off the beauty salon.

Koala MeatPie

Echuu
laughing out loud laughing out loud You spelled '****ing' wrong laughing out loud no expression stick out tongue

Oh and you got a point too.

Koala MeatPie

Echuu

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Punker69
I have have not seen the movie

I should have stopped reading your garbage post right here, but I'm fascinated by ignorant people so I read on...

The movie is about relationships, not homosexuality. It really is that simple. It's the sensationalist media and ignorant people like you who give it a subtext as 'gay propaganda'.

Wind your neck in.

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
I should have stopped reading your garbage post right here, but I'm fascinated by ignorant people so I read on...

The movie is about relationships, not homosexuality. It really is that simple. It's the sensationalist media and ignorant people like you who give it a subtext as 'gay propaganda'.

Wind your neck in.

You should be allowed to urinate on Punker. yes

And P69, you mean "affected" not "effected"

"The effect of this substance is that you lose your hair"

"I have been affected by this movie in a deep troublesome way"

Capt_Fantastic
So, is this your point?

This is a thread oriented on the effects of "Brokeback Mountain." Not homosexuals in general. The purpose is solely of that. Not to bash homosexuals.

Or is this your point?

homesexuallity one supposedly cant help.

the liberal homosexual movement

good ol fashion homosexual propoganda.

trying to convey is that its alright to be a homosexual

I am personally against the movie because I am a firm believer that homosexuality is wrong

One doesn't need to be assured that their feelings towards the same sex are natural and ok

Not only does this promote homosexualuty but also fornication and both are an abomination to God's word.

Hit_and_Miss
man what is with this quoting rampage your on capt...

Koala MeatPie

he is proving a point.

Punker is A Homophobic Religious Fundamentalist brainwashed bush sucking idiot.

In my opinion, this is wrong:

Gay-Beastial-Necrophilia.

Sex with Dead animals of the same sex.

Plain homosexuality is okay. They should be allowed to marry.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Uh-oh, Punk-boy just got punked.

Capt_Fantastic

Why should I waste my time spotlighting people's stupidity with my own words, when theirs are often more than adequate?

PVS

capt seems to be practicing a sort of forum judo...and it seems to be quite effective in that it points out the blatant truth. the only agenda this film has served is that its become a target for the gaybashing bible thumping bigot agenda set by idiot dickface rednecks who have no idea what the hell the movie is about....except there are a couple of gay cowboys.

then they are forced to confront mental images of john wayne bent over screaming "AY PAPI!!!" and then to confront their strange fascination and the special feeling they get in their undersized genetalia....then a violent knee jerk reaction of denial/hate....same as it ever was

~Mitsurugi~
Well since "Brokeback Mountain" has already been a huge success and is promoting the liberal homosexual movement across America by showing the side of homesexuallity one supposedly cant help.

I thought since its fame and the things its already accomplished for its movement it should be discussed in the General Discussion forum to talk about the other aspects of the movie.

I have have not seen the movie but from what I read about the story and various synoposis's I've read I can tell that acting wise and storyline wise it may be quite the movie but it also may very well be good ol fashion homosexual propoganda.

The obvious message the film is trying to convey is that its alright to be a homosexual because the feelings you have cannot be helped and it trys to make people feel sorry for them because their lives are torn apart by a love they supposedly can't prevent.

I am personally against the movie because I am a firm believer that homosexuality is wrong and the movie trys to justify and give glory to something that deserves nothing of the sort. Not only is it just a movie about homosexuality but a very popular one as well already receiving multiple awards and nominations. And we all know its going to reign at the oscars.

One doesn't need to be assured that their feelings towards the same sex are natural and ok but that they can be delivered through the name of Jesus Christ.

Also the film doesnt even depict a positive story about homosexuality. It instead shows a story of two men who have lied and cheated on their wives with someone of the same sex. Not only does this promote homosexualuty but also fornication and both are an abomination to God's word. Praise you, you are a wise one.

Bare back mountain is a gay love story, and its impact is being felt everywhere, including daytime soap operas, now the son of Lily and Holden on As the World Turns, is freakin gay, all other soaps on the other channles had queires, now CBS has jumped on the bandwagon.

its a shame, that America always has to follow a trend.

Capt_Fantastic
If this movie sparks the flammer that will ignite a gay revolution, President Bush is going to need a new costume.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by ~Mitsurugi~
Bare back mountain is a gay love story, and its impact is being felt everywhere, including daytime soap operas, now the son of Lily and Holden on As the World Turns, is freakin gay, all other soaps on the other channles had queires, now CBS has jumped on the bandwagon.

I don't think you can bash gays in the same thread you admit to watching soap operas.

Lana

Because everyone knows that gay characters in soap operas is a new phenomenon that's just popped up in the past three months!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I don't think you can bash gays in the same thread you admit to watching soap operas.

laughing No shit!

Draco69
We can have movies about violence, gore, blood, genocide, rape, the degradation of women, sexism, racism, stereotypes, pedophilia, mysticism (Harry Potter anyone?), nuclear weapons, guns, female nudity, sexual intimacy, war, and a whole slew of negative paraphenilia but...homosexuality is taboo?

If you think homosexuality is wrong? Fine. That's your opinion. But you'd be a complete hypocrite if you thought that a movie about violence and gore or sexual intimacy is okay.

If you want to ban Brokeback Mountain, then out of your Christian faith please get ready to ban every other movie in America that has a theme that goes against your religous belief.

Like Harry Potter. After all it's teaching our children to practice witchcraft.

If you don't like the movie. Don't see it.

And don't cherry-pick your values. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Draco69

I don't know which is more disturbing. The fact that your brain activity is on par with six-year coma patient or the fact that you know the names of two characters on a specific daytime soap opera.

I may go with the latter....

And for heaven's sake. It's ONE movie. Y'all act like it's trendier than the Pokemon craze in the 90s. There is no trend. Gay movies have existed since cinema began. Just as many stupid people were angry about the success of the BirdCage.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Draco69
but...homosexuality is taboo?

Only if its what the movie is about or the main point of the flick. When the Rock played a fruitcake bodyguard in Be Cool that was ok, because he wasn't the main character and more importantly he wasn't the focus of the movie. Plus, Be Cool was a slap-stick comedy and not a friggin' love story about 2 dudes. Everybody knows that the Rock aint gay and that role wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

As for those other things you mentioned, such as blood, guns, drugs, and naked b!tches---yes they're ok.

DiamondBullets
If this movie sparks the flammer that will ignite a gay revolution, President Bush is going to need a new costume.

Lana
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
Only if its what the movie is about or the main point of the flick. When the Rock played a fruitcake bodyguard in Be Cool that was ok, because he wasn't the main character and more importantly he wasn't the focus of the movie. Plus, Be Cool was a slap-stick comedy and not a friggin' love story about 2 dudes. Everybody knows that the Rock aint gay and that role wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

As for those other things you mentioned, such as blood, guns, drugs, and naked b!tches---yes they're ok.

Talk about hypocrisy.

Things that are harmful to others in real life are okay, but something that effects no one but those involved....isn't.

Anyone fail to see the logic there?

fini
just a prime example of how people fail to use their brain and heart to analyse a situation......here its a movie

Inspectah Deck

yes

Fishy
Really this is insane, if you don't want to watch the movie don't. No need to ban it, no need to bash it, especially if you haven't even seen the movie... And you don't like the movie because it goes against your christian believes? When is the last time you tried to stop a movie with violence in it, nudity, sex or many other things?

Eis

Also the film doesnt even depict a positive story about homosexuality. It instead shows a story of two men who have lied and cheated on their wives with someone of the same sex. Not only does this promote homosexualuty but also fornication and both are an abomination to God's word.
What the ****?

Christians are such ****ing hypocrites, you do things that the bible clearly states is wrong and you could not give tiny little rat's ass but the moment something that you are against makes it to the big screen you start saying how it's an abomination in god's eyes.

How long till these ****ers start quoting the bible?

Oh and by the way, you better hide the gay-agenda is finally coming together, we'll conquer the world in no time.

Just don't watch the ****ing movie you mindless redneck.

Fire
Calm down Eis, not all christians are like that.

Eis
Originally posted by Fire
Calm down Eis, not all christians are like that.
I know... There are so many of them here, they make me lose it sometimes. Sorry.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Lana
Talk about hypocrisy.

Things that are harmful to others in real life are okay, but something that effects no one but those involved....isn't.

Anyone fail to see the logic there?

Yep. Lest we forget, it does indeed affect no-one else, unless they make it their problem.

Just such idiocy.

PVS
Originally posted by Eis
I know... There are so many of them here, they make me lose it sometimes. Sorry.

the unsilent and misinformed minority tends to do that within any group.
its perfectly understandable.

whobdamandog
but I'm fascinated by ignorant people so I read on...

You must be a very vain-self absorbed individual..wink

PVS
OH I GET IT!!!! AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- no no expression

Capt_Fantastic

You know what this tells me? This tells me that you are one of those people who fell for the costume. The man wears a costum, and you fell for it. That's sad.

Oh, and this picture is getting boring, find a new one. The president shooting the bird? Are you under the impression he was aiming at me personally? Or that he has the huge flight suit bulge type testicles it takes to use the middle finger?

Please, the man dresses up in costumes and it fools people like you. I guess that's why he does it? For his base.

Koala MeatPie

soleran30
Wow I never read any hate in the thread really except for yours Koala. You need to take it down a few levels the associations you are making are ludicrous

PVS
Originally posted by soleran30
Wow I never read any hate in the thread really except for yours Koala. You need to take it down a few levels the associations you are making are ludicrous

i thought the same, until i read the initial post and mentally replaced every gay reference with a black reference. its the same mentallity and it is primitive. try it out and see.

"me no understand you. this frighten and confuse me. me no like you.
god no like you either."

soleran30
Originally posted by PVS
i thought the same, until i read the initial post and mentally replaced every gay reference with a black reference. its the same mentallity and it is primitive. try it out and see.

"me no understand you. this frighten and confuse me. me no like you.
god no like you either."

Yup I reread with Black and that does kinda scare me now lolsmile Thanks PVS that certainly was a perspective I didn't have previously.

However still my past experience with Koala is alot of angersmile

Yeah now BBM isn't that big a deal on "society" really I would have figured that the religious right would have complained more about them cheating on wives then bleating on about homosexuality.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by soleran30
Yup I reread with Black and that does kinda scare me now lolsmile Thanks PVS that certainly was a perspective I didn't have previously.

****ing hell, lads.

We learned this kind of thing from X-Men.

soleran30
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
****ing hell, lads.

We learned this kind of thing from X-Men.

I'm slow what can I say stick out tongue How did X-men play into that I never saw the whole thing.

Bardock42
You do have a point Koala, but would it maybe be possible that you don't use that annoying Super-Size Letters?....oh, and while you are at it, try to spell "than" and "their" right for a change, would be appreciated.

Lana
Yep. Lest we forget, it does indeed affect no-one else, unless they make it their problem.

Just such idiocy.

I'll take it another step and say that they most likely are only against male homosexuality, and have no problems whatsoever with female homosexuality.

Capt_Fantastic
And we all know its going to reign at the oscars.

I don't know if I believe this is going to be the case. I might be wrong, but I think I might consider it more of an insult if this movie sweeps the Oscars. Considering how often the Oscars end up going to people with mental conditions because of the characters underdog nature. And if hollywood is going to indirectly equate homosexuality with the character in Rainman, then I think they should just keep their statue.

Bardock42
I don't know if I believe this is going to be the case. I might be wrong, but I think I might consider it more of an insult if this movie sweeps the Oscars. Considering how often the Oscars end up going to people with mental conditions because of the characters underdog nature. And if hollywood is going to indirectly equate homosexuality with the character in Rainman, then I think they should just keep their statue.

Rainman was a good movie.

~Mitsurugi~
I don't think you can bash gays in the same thread you admit to watching soap operas. first off, if a guy watches soap operas, he's not gay, just too much time on his hands.Originally posted by Lana
Because everyone knows that gay characters in soap operas is a new phenomenon that's just popped up in the past three months!

roll eyes (sarcastic) please, i thinks gays have been in soap operas for more than 3 months now, and stop posting if you don't have anything to add, your the most obnoxious ****ing mod on here, always against or for certain crap.

my point is, and this goes for what koala wrote, being gay is not right, now where in the bible does it say so, and GOD destroyed Soddom and Gamora for being this among other things. and we are not primitive, because we don't agree with homosexuality.
That statement right there is stupid, and probably from a gay person themselves, i'm not saying kill gays or anything, because koala is right, Jesus said love one another as I have loved you, and I would never do anything to a person because he or she was gay, but don't ever twist those words like that, when you do it is blasphemey. Being gay isn't a lifestyle or you were born like that, you yourself, chose to be that way, chose to like men or women, GOD didn't make adam and steve, HE made adam and eve.

and this is for lana, yes maybe guys like women on women, but it doesn't make us right, and we are hypocrites when we openly admit we don't like gays, but thats our right, just like it's our right to admit we're hypocrites.

This will be the last post i make in this thread, if you dont like what i've said, pm me or don't do anything at all.

Lana
please, i thinks gays have been in soap operas for more than 3 months now, and stop posting if you don't have anything to add, your the most obnoxious ****ing mod on here, always against or for certain crap.

Someone missed the sheer and utter sarcasm in my post. I was simply pointing out your idiocy in acting like it's something new that's only popped up recently when in fact, it's always been there.

And what, because I'm a mod I'm not allowed to have an opinion anymore? Guess what, doesn't work like that. All of the other mods on here are just as opinionated as I am about things - some even more so - so you've no place in calling me out for that, unless you want to call EVERYONE out.

And why is something bad simply because the bible says so? Not everyone reads the bible. Or follows Christianity. Or is religious at all. Or takes everything in it literally. Because yes, I know plenty of people who are Christian who believe that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality, that gays should be allowed to have the same rights as straight people, and that it is not their business to interfere in lives that don't want their interference, and have nothing to do with them.

Inspectah Deck
I'll take it another step and say that they most likely are only against male homosexuality, and have no problems whatsoever with female homosexuality.

Of course

whobdamandog
I know plenty of people who are Christian who believe that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality,

Newsflash..they ain't really Christians.

that gays should be allowed to have the same rights as straight people,

And they do.

and that it is not their business to interfere in lives that don't want their interference, and have nothing to do with them.

What does any of this have to do with the topic of the thread?

Lana
Newsflash: It's not your place to decide who is a true Christian or not. I'd say they are more than the bible-thumpers because they actually pay attention to that little line in the bible that says "judge not lest ye be judged". Or that bit, "love thy neighbor"?

Which is why they're not allowed to marry, not allowed many of the same legal rights as straight couples, and face discrimination from many people for no reason at all.

Yep, that's real equal alright.

I don't know, what does your entire post have to do with the topic of the thread?

PVS
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Newsflash..they ain't really Christians.

im not really a christian?

funny because i dont choose to judge others just for who they are, because...well....thats christ's job isnt it? his basic core message was to not judge and persecute eachother, because that will be his job when he gets around to coming back. im sure when he does get back he'll be relieved that you already did his job for him....right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

whobdamandog
Newsflash: It's not your place to decide who is a true Christian or not. I'd say they are more than the bible-thumpers because they actually pay attention to that little line in the bible that says "judge not lest ye be judged". Or that bit, "love thy neighbor"?

If I see you walking towards a pit of poisonous snakes and I say...

"STOP it's wrong to go in that direction"

How am I judging you? confused

Judging means that one is putting themselves in a position of authority over someone else. I've done no such thing. There's a difference between "correction" and "judgement."

Anyone who states that "homosexuality is okay" is not a Christian. Why? Because "God's word" states that it is not okay.

If one doesn't believe in "God's word" as representing "truth", then that individual is not a Christian. Simple as that.

Which is why they're not allowed to marry, not allowed many of the same legal rights as straight couples, and face discrimination from many people for no reason at all.

Yep, that's real equal alright.

Same sex couples can't procreate through sexual intercourse either. Are you now going to say that "Nature" and "Biology" are unfair? Anyway..this has all been covered in many other threads, and it is not the topic of this one.

I don't know, what does your entire post have to do with the topic of the thread?

I'm just trying to make you look stupid..but you do a pretty good job of that yourself sweety..wink

Love,

lovewhobdamanlove

BackFire
Topic, yo.

meep-meep

Since yo uhaven't seen the movie it's probably not wise to comment on it. Don't rely on reviews, go see it. Then discuss what it means.
Good ol' homosexual propaganda? You act like there is a precedent. Since when has there been homosexual propoganda? Using your logic we could say that every movie with a male and female character forming a sexual and caring relationship is heterosexual propoganda. I'm sorry sir but you sound like a homophobe just trying to bash this movie, that for some reason scares the sh*t out of you.

I haven't seen this movie either though so I'm not going to say what I think of the movies contents but I will say that America is going to have to deal with homosexuality one way or another and this movie may help to get that point across.

You're not going to be able to stop people from doing this, short of genocide and I don't think you want to even think of doing something like that. No sir, you sure don't want to try that.

meep-meep
Praise you, you are a wise one.

You act like every single person is going to turn gay. You know what? why do you care about daytime television, or television at all? Of course television is going to take this homosexual idea and run with it. That's what the media does. You can always turn the tv off or watch something worthwhile like a decent documentary. If you are confident in your own sexual identity, gay people shouldn't bother you so much. Are you confident in your sexuality? If so than why do other peoples ideas of sexuality and love threaten you?

Draco69

What the f**k?

Well...at least he's being honest and doesn't have a holier than thou attitude.

meep-meep

If I were like this guy I would probably point out subtly how much of an egotistical, patriarchial, pompous, woman-degradizing, scum-bag he was. I guess I'm just too much of a nice guy though.

I think I may be punished for this comment...

Bardock42
Originally posted by meep-meep
If I were like this guy I would probably point out subtly how much of an egotistical, patriarchial, pompous, woman-degradizing, scum-bag he was. I guess I'm just too much of a nice guy though.

Why? You just said what you won't say (oh, and what everyone thinks anyways)...you are a good person...here, take this medal of honour....

Ya Krunk'd Floo
You must be a very vain-self absorbed individual..wink

Cute, but my self-studiousness has the attractive quality of reversing the ignorance. You should try it yourself some beautiful day...

Adam_PoE
Anyone who states that "homosexuality is okay" is not a Christian. Why? Because "God's word" states that it is not okay.

If one doesn't believe in "God's word" as representing "truth", then that individual is not a Christian. Simple as that.

The same book of the Bible that condemns homosexuality also states that:

One is not allowed to touch raw pork (Leviticus 6-8).

One is not allowed to eat shellfish (Leviticus 11:10).

One is not allowed to plant two different crops in the same field or wear clothes made with two different kinds of thread (Leviticus 19:19).

One is not allowed to have any contact with a woman while she is menstruating (Leviticus 15:19-24).

One is not allowed to cut his hair (Leviticus 19:27).

One is not allowed to approach the altar of God if he does not have perfect vision (Leviticus 21:20).

One is allowed to keep slaves so long as they are purchased from foreign nations (Leviticus 25:44).

Thank you for reminding us that the word of God is eternal and unchanging.

Bardiel13
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

One is not allowed to plant two different crops in the same field or wear clothes made with two different kinds of thread (Leviticus 19:19).

One is not allowed to have any contact with a woman while she is menstruating (Leviticus 15:19-24).

One is not allowed to approach the altar of God if he does not have perfect vision (Leviticus 21:20).

One is allowed to keep slaves so long as they are purchased from foreign nations (Leviticus 25:44).

Don't forget you can't wear clothes of mixed fabrics! (Leviticus 19:19)

BackFire
Whaddya know? I agree with one of them.

Lana
Originally posted by Bardiel13
Don't forget you can't wear clothes of mixed fabrics! (Leviticus 19:19)

Way to read....he posted that one stick out tongue

Well, whob, I hope you follow all of that, or guess what....you're not a true Christian, according to what you say! eek!

Lightningrod
I find it funny that a movie...That was created in Hollywood...Gets so much publicity (good or bad)...That is what makes this film so great

I remember watching it at an Independent film theater, I found that there was straight, old couples, gay couples, gay friends (groups)..boyfriend and girlfriend

hahaha, Just is funny that people bring religion into this, because this movie (or story) was set in the 60s...when homosexuality was frowned upon to where in medical sciences it was classified as an mental disorder.

I personally thought this movie was awesome, This movie isn't like what people say it is (Mainly these people haven't even seen it) You should go watch it, It is an wonderful story!

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by BackFire
Whaddya know? I agree with one of them.

I'm with you on that one, brother. Is there anything in there about the week prior to that time, too?

Coldfire
Punker, your predetermined ideas and thoughts about the movie are extremely wrong, as are most who haven't seen the movie. It's obvious you haven't seen the film.

1. The movie is not any form of propoganda, there is nothing like that about the movie. It doesn't attempt to persuade you into agreeing with a certain ideal.

2. It belongs to no movement. People in the pro-homosexual movement support it and generally like it, thus people think the film itself has some agenda; it doesn't. It just tells a great story, beautifully, and shows the effects that self loathing and self denial can have on a person in an honest and heartbreaking manner. It also shows the how a person can be so brainwashed by a society that they deny something about themselves just because they've been told for their whole lives that "it's wrong". It's hardly a pro-homosexual film. It's just a film about people, it's a theme anyone can relate to - Having something right there in front of you that you know will make you happy, but being to afraid to take a chance with it, and hesitating and procrastinating until it's too late, and that thing that would make you happy is gone.

People have taken this movie way to far by injecting an agenda that isn't even there. People who haven't even seen it make some terribly idioitic assumptions about it based on biased word of mouth from people who are attempting to demonize the film for having homosexual themes and characters and showing them in a non negative light. They themselves probably hate it so because they can't deal with their own feelings after seeing the film. The only thing the film does is humanize two homosexual men, and allows to see their plights and actually understand their feelings.

It's funny, most of the people who prematurely condemn this movie for having an agenda (which again, is incorrect) are usually the ones with the agenda. They're just anti-homosexual and think that any portrayal of homosexualit that isn't demonized to satisfy their own ideas is bad and shouldn't exist. In reality, these are teh people who should see this movie, not because it will change their mind through agenda or propoganda, but it will show them homosexuals in a way they probably have never really seen them as before - as purely, and completely, human.
I agree 100%

Inspectah Deck

eek! Rastafarian movement!

Sir Whirlysplat
Uh-oh, Punk-boy just got punked.

Not really he flamed and trolled a lot of you.

Ignore the thread smile

Bardock42
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Not really he flamed and trolled a lot of you.

Ignore the thread smile

Oh, so beig an ignorant idiot is nowadays a good thing?

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Bardock42
Oh, so beig an ignorant idiot is nowadays a good thing?

shifty Tou tell me wink jk

soleran30
don't bring christianity to these doors cuz you'll be wrongsmile

Tex
Not only does this promote homosexualuty but also fornication and both are an abomination to God's word.

We should stop every form of fornication, strait or otherwise. It truly is an abomination. Sex is dirty and evil, it should not be enjoyed by anyone, especially not rough, hot, gay sex. zorro

Gays are evil disgusting people, how dare they love and fornicate with members of the same sex. Its repulsive. Totally against the word of god.

I dont understand why god doesn't just send those prissy pinky pointers into the pit fires of hell! I'm also a little confused about all those gay animals prancing and swimming about, dolphins, penguins, giraffes, elephants, camels, monkeys and just about every other species of mammal has been known to have "the gay sex".

They must be possessed by the devil! No way would god willingly create butt bandits.

The way I figure, god must be busy killing off gay aliens on some other planet and has yet to show his vengeful fury here on earth!

That's why its up to us good god loving Christian folks to make life miserable for those rump munchers! We might as well make their lives as close to hell as possible. That way when they finally die of "The AIDS", they wont be so shocked when they wake up in the roaring lave lakes of hell!

AMEN!

finti
spoken like someone who havent got laid yet

Bardiel13
Way to read....he posted that one stick out tongue

Well, whob, I hope you follow all of that, or guess what....you're not a true Christian, according to what you say! eek!

Whooooops stick out tongue

chilled monkey
Originally posted by finti
spoken like someone who havent got laid yet

I'd say more like someone who is a worthless piece of crap.

"Not only does this promote homosexualuty but also fornication and both are an abomination to God's word. "

Oh he told you that himself did he? That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Everyone is entitled to be who they are.

KingDubya
I don't necessarily care much about homosexuality and it's role in society, but I hate people who judge a book by its cover. I know plenty of gay people who are devout Christians, and I myself have never seen any part of the Bible in which they say that being gay is wrong (if there is one, please post it for future reference by people). And I'm not siding with the homosexuals because I'm gay or I'm not Christian, but because I was always taught not to judge people and not to go around saying that people should burn in the depths of hell for their sins. And I doubt any of you actually follow God's teachings to the letter. Most likely, each of you has committed sins at least 3 times so far in your life, because it is human nature to test the limits of rules and laws, which is why we are so tempted to do that which is outlawed or is taboo in normal society, such as swearing, killing, and premature ejaculation, all very common acts in America and other parts of the world (although it's mainly in America, which is why I hate living there).

If I have gotten any of those parts that refer to the Bible wrong, don't yell at me. I'm agnostic, so I don't know too much about many religions.

As for my view on "Brokeback Mountain", I believe that if you want to watch the movie and criticize its story to the point where you make it seem like it's convincing us to become a completely homosexual race, go ahead. If you want to not watch it because you've heard tales such as this about it, go ahead with that, too. I didn't go watch it because I had much better things to do than go to the theatre and watch a movie I probably wouldn't have been interested in, like wasting my life on these forums.

Peace out,
KingD

Lana
Originally posted by Tex
We should stop every form of fornication, strait or otherwise. It truly is an abomination. Sex is dirty and evil, it should not be enjoyed by anyone, especially not rough, hot, gay sex. zorro

Gays are evil disgusting people, how dare they love and fornicate with members of the same sex. Its repulsive. Totally against the word of god.

I dont understand why god doesn't just send those prissy pinky pointers into the pit fires of hell! I'm also a little confused about all those gay animals prancing and swimming about, dolphins, penguins, giraffes, elephants, camels, monkeys and just about every other species of mammal has been known to have "the gay sex".

They must be possessed by the devil! No way would god willingly create butt bandits.

The way I figure, god must be busy killing off gay aliens on some other planet and has yet to show his vengeful fury here on earth!

That's why its up to us good god loving Christian folks to make life miserable for those rump munchers! We might as well make their lives as close to hell as possible. That way when they finally die of "The AIDS", they wont be so shocked when they wake up in the roaring lave lakes of hell!

AMEN!

Who wants to bet people will manage to completely miss the heavy sarcasm in this post?

BTW Tex, I love you stick out tongue

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Bardock42
Rainman was a good movie.

Rainman being a good movie is not my point. But, the academy always likes to think so highly of itself that they often give awards to movies like Rainman because Dustin Hoffman played a retard. Why should playing a gay man be one of those "brave" things an actor does to get an award? How is playing a gay man any different than playing a straight man? Why is that so brave?

BackFire
Well, it's different because the actors in BBM are both straight.

Plus, if Heath Ledger wins best actor, it's not just because he played a gay man, it's because his acting job in the film is outstanding (which is was). His portrayal of a man so full of self loathing and denial, who has so much going on underneath the surface, was amazing, gay or not.

Bardock42
Rainman being a good movie is not my point. But, the academy always likes to think so highly of itself that they often give awards to movies like Rainman because Dustin Hoffman played a retard. Why should playing a gay man be one of those "brave" things an actor does to get an award? How is playing a gay man any different than playing a straight man? Why is that so brave?

Now, I would argue that Dustin Hoffman got the Oscar cause he is a brilliant Actor who played a brilliant role in a brilliant movie.....

I agree with you that someone shouldn't get an oscar for political reasons....but just because the actor might get an oscar doesn't mean he gets it cause he played a gay men....although some people would argue that Denzel Washington was better than Tom Hanks in Philadelphia....another point.....

Capt_Fantastic
Well, it's different because the actors in BBM are both straight.

Plus, if Heath Ledger wins best actor, it's not just because he played a gay man, it's because his acting job in the film is outstanding (which is was). His portrayal of a man so full of self loathing and denial, who has so much going on underneath the surface, was amazing, gay or not.

Indeed. I agree. I've not seen the movie so I'll take your word for it. If either of them wins, and it's truely based on the merrit of their performance then I'm happy that's the case.

Alpha Centauri
Those homosexuals, damn homosexuals.

Look at the trouble they cause. It's all the partying they do, that's what that is.

-AC

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by meep-meep

You say that like its a bad thing.

DiamondBullets

yes

....................and your point is?????

DiamondBullets

You also can't be gay in the Native Hawaiian religion. We can cut our hair and wear mixed fabrics, though.

Christianity is an odd one...........

Lana
yes

....................and your point is?????

Pure hypocrisy.

Alpha Centauri
I still don't get why males think male homosexuality is disgusting, bad or wrong.

Why is a greater single straight male to single straight female ratio, a bad thing? Why do you want OTHER men to sleep with women when they will willingly choose other men? What's wrong with you all?

If a girl you liked was coming on to a guy and he said "Sorry I'm gay" would you say "Yuk!" or "Yes, f*cking yes!"?

-AC

debbiejo
HAHAHAH.......True, there are more males than females.........mmmmmm we get to be more picky... happy

Alpha Centauri
I just don't get why males do that.

"Would you have sex with my girlfriend?" "No, I'm gay" "F*cking disgusting."

What's the rationale there?

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Those homosexuals, damn homosexuals.

Look at the trouble they cause. It's all the partying they do, that's what that is.

Hahaha.

They.

Alpha Centauri
Gahta prablem wid dat? Oh I see what you did, aren't you funny?

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Gahta prablem wid dat? Oh I see what you did, aren't you funny?

Apologies.

I said too much.

Was close. (t)

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, good one, good one.

Bracketed letters are deceitful.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
You hate deceit, REceipts, and seats.

lil bitchiness
This movie, as im sure previously mentioned is about relationships and love, not about homosexuality.

The same movie would work if the story was in the deep south, early 1960s where a black man fell in lvoe with a white woman, or vice versa, and the pain and suffering they would go through.

But anyway...

To think that there would not be homophobia if there was no religion is very simple and untrue. People ''other'' people all the time.

The only way for certain hetrosexuals to feel normal is if they ''other'' people who are not like them.
''So gays are bad, and horrible people, and because i am not gay, i am ok'' is the attitude.

Besides, word hetrosexuality was only invented after homosexuality. People couldn't handle not having to compare homosexuality with something ''normal''

Ya Krunk'd Floo
You hate deceit, REceipts, and seats.

Looks like someone's got a case of the 'debbies'...

Just to show I don't...Brokeback. Movie. About people. Live the dream.

DiamondBullets
Pure hypocrisy.

What's wrong with that? Why is hypocrisy a bad thing?

Hypocrisy is a good thing and here's why: Bruthas can say "nigga", but white boys can't, agree? You can talk about yo' momma, but others can't, agree? Ok there ya go. There's nothing wrong with hypocrisy or double standards.

Victor Von Doom
Looks like someone's got a case of the 'debbies'...

Just to show I don't...Brokeback. Movie. About people. Live the dream.

God forbid. It's an Alan Partridge reference.

As ever.

Makedde
I watched this movie, and loved every minute of it.

Sure, the two cheated on their wives, and lied to them, but men cheat on their wives all the time. Just because these two were gay doesn't make it any worse.

Besides, Ennis's wife knew he was having an affair with another man, yet she still stayed with him, and slept with him. She chose to stay.

I don't know why people get so hyped up over a movie about gay people. So bloody what? Just because you think it might be wrong to be gay, and to 'promote' homosexuality, doesn't mean that we all have to abide by what you want...I don't think the movie promoted homosexuality at all. It's about time a few movies about gay people were made, I'm sick of movies with girls and guys screwing, that really turns me off.

Gimme a good lesbian film anyday. smile

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Makedde

Gimme a good lesbian film anyday. smile

thumb up

Makedde
Glad you like lesbians, too!

SpyCspider
you know i noticed a lot of people like to compare homosexuality with being black..since both groups of people are often oppressed in society.

I don't know how fair that is to a black person, however--Comparing skin color to sexual orientation.

Makedde
Well, homosexuals cop alot of shit from homophobes, and blacks cop it from racists, so I'd hate to be a black homosexual...

Darth Jello
didn't see it cause i despise heath ledger as an actor. Then i realized that i was confusing Heath ledger with jude law and by that time i was just to psyched up to see "what we do is secret" the germs bio pic whitch is "pro gay" in it's own way so yeah.
oh and punker, i think i've said this before but for starting threads like this, you're a passive/aggressive dick.

Makedde
And America is the country that is affected by everything, the country that makes a big deal out of nothing, like a black womans boob slipping out at the Superbowl. So conservative, they are.

Darth Jello
everyone in this country should just pick a man or woman of their choice and have hot, romantic anal sex

Makedde
Originally posted by Darth Jello
everyone in this country should just pick a man or woman of their choice and have hot, romantic anal sex

Whooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! *grabs a dildo and looks around for a woman*

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by SpyCspider
you know i noticed a lot of people like to compare homosexuality with being black..since both groups of people are often oppressed in society.

I don't know how fair that is to a black person, however--Comparing skin color to sexual orientation.

You make the connection between the two, but then you lose it in the very next sentence. How strange.

meep-meep
You say that like its a bad thing.

Yes. I do I say it like it's a bad thing, don't I.

Capt_Fantastic
You make the connection between the two, but then you lose it in the very next sentence. How strange.

No, not "how strange"....AND Brokeback didn't get the Oscars all of you thought it would, did it?

homosexual agenda be damned!

BackFire
No, not "how strange"....AND Brokeback didn't get the Oscars all of you thought it would, did it?

THE OSCARS ARE HOMOPHOBIC

Capt_Fantastic
I don't know if I believe this is going to be the case.

THE OSCARS ARE HOMOPHOBIC

Not at all. I think they are simply more simplistic that we give them credit. A good picture deserves the award. BrokeBack Mountain didn't deserve the award. Capote did. Periode! Gay or straight be damned. But this thread is teh point, isn't it?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
No, not "how strange"....

Aid me with a suggestion as euphemisms are my speciality. I have trouble being explicit...You toe-nosed, cockadoodadoo-loving, flamboyant minstrel of all that is un-godly.

Capt_Fantastic
Aid me with a suggestion as euphemisms are my speciality. I have trouble be explicit...You toe-nosed, cockadoodadoo-loving, flamboyant minstrel of all that is un-godly.

******, queers, unholy, etc.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Are you saying I should have stated: "How ******, queers, unholy, etc"?

How strange.

Adam_PoE

Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana received an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for Brokeback Mountain; Ang Lee received an Academy Award for Best Director for Brokeback Mountain; and Gustavo Santaolalla received an Academy Award for Best Original Score for Brokeback Mountain.

Not to mention that Philip Seymour Hoffman received an Academy Award for Best Actor for his role as gay writer, Truman Capote in Capote; and gay animator, John Canemaker received an Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film for The Moon and the Son: An Imagined Conversation.

It was a good Academy Awards for gay films and gay filmakers.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
If you want equality, it's best not to highlight the difference that divides 'you' and 'them'.

How about just saying that some talented people won some awards?

botankus
About the Oscars (and a little off-topic, sorry):

To paraphrase George Clooney, maybe I am out of touch, too, for I cheered the loudest when Wallace & Gromit and March of the Penguins won!

*waiting for someone to say, "that's gay," and THEN it would be on-topic *

Eis
Originally posted by botankus

To paraphrase George Clooney, maybe I am out of touch, too, for I cheered the loudest when Wallace & Gromit and March of the Penguins won!

That's gay. no expression

Oh and since we're talking about the Oscars, I think Crash completely deserved the best picture award. I loved every minute of it.

finti
guess the director dont, cause the directors cut version will be 1 hour 47 minute

SpyCspider

I made the connection as it appears to a lot of people..but I'm questioning the fairness of that comparison. What's wrong with that?

Adam_PoE
If you want equality, it's best not to highlight the difference that divides 'you' and 'them'.

How about just saying that some talented people won some awards?

Reese Witherspooon received an Academy Award for Best Actress for "Walk the Line." By your reasoning, if we want equality between the sexes, we should just say that a talented person won an award.

Bardock42
Reese Witherspooon received an Academy Award for Best Actress for "Walk the Line." By your reasoning, if we want equality between the sexes, we should just say that a talented person won an award.

Wait...when did Homosexuality become a gender?

Lightningrod
I can't wait till this movie comes out on DVD...

I do not care if this movie didn't win best picture

It got enough recognition and will be remembered for a long time

Darth Jello
Fox News said that this year the oscars spotlighted "darker" themes like "homicide bombing", assassinations, terrorism, and homosexuality.

wow, homosexuality really equates with all those things doesn't it? do they realy expect us to believe that every time a man kisses a man, many people die?

Capt_Fantastic
Are you saying I should have stated: "How ******, queers, unholy, etc"?

How strange.

Not at all, I thought we were joking.

Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana received an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for Brokeback Mountain; Ang Lee received an Academy Award for Best Director for Brokeback Mountain; and Gustavo Santaolalla received an Academy Award for Best Original Score for Brokeback Mountain.

Not to mention that Philip Seymour Hoffman received an Academy Award for Best Actor for his role as gay writer, Truman Capote in Capote; and gay animator, John Canemaker received an Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film for The Moon and the Son: An Imagined Conversation.

It was a good Academy Awards for gay films and gay filmakers.

Right, I'm aware. But the point of this thread is to bash the supposed "homosexual agenda" that Brokeback Mountain was apparently forwarding. And I could have told you that it wasn't going to "reign" at the oscars. Phillip Seymore Hoffman is a far better actor than Heath Ledger will ever be. And that is what I was addressing several posts back, that if the Academy wanted to give the major awards to Brokeback simply because it was part of the gay "agenda", then they should keep their Oscar. As it is, the people who touted this as the year of Brokeback Mountain were wrong, and paranoid for no reason.

Capt_Fantastic

You are preaching to the chior here, I've been saying this forever.

GCG
Originally posted by botankus

About tha Oscars:

They are HIGHLY OVERRATED.

botankus
Fox News said that this year the oscars spotlighted "darker" themes like "homicide bombing", assassinations, terrorism, and homosexuality.

wow, homosexuality really equates with all those things doesn't it? do they realy expect us to believe that every time a man kisses a man, many people die?

What's the definition of "darker," then? If a man sleeps with his sisters in a film, no one dies, but that sure as hell could be considered a dark theme.

Maybe instead of "darker," the word you're looking for is "fatal" or "deadly."

botankus
Originally posted by GCG
About tha Oscars:

They are HIGHLY OVERRATED.

You're right. I'll just wait for the Dildo McBride Achievement in Film Awards before deciding if I approve.

PVS

...fair and balanced.

LordFear

So tell me cringe... When you eventually have sex with your wife...(and only after your married.. No hanky panky before!) will you only do it missionary? and only for the sake of having a child? would you accept a blow job if she offered?

http://www.trimpe.org/jr/pictures/jesusname.jpg

See this is what I don't understand by pro homosexual groups or liberals. Why is it that when someone says they think its wrong and says that the Bible denounces it, its gay bashing. It's like Bush saying to the people who don't support HIS war, they are anti-patriotic.
Listen it SAYS in the Bible, old Testament that Sodom and Gomor was destroyed because of their numerous inequities including homesexuality which is a pervasion. I mean this is a behavior that is counterproductive of the natural order of things. It doesn't make sense, it just doesn't and tolerance and understand is another issue. The fact that we condem people who have sex with consenting underage kids or murder that is justified, we still punish them. Why are caressing these people and telling them its fine and do whatever you want? Wrong is wrong and somethings are not subjective, its what it is.

botankus
Originally posted by LordFear
The fact that we condem people who have sex with consenting underage kids or murder that is justified, we still punish them..

You had better watch what you say. A bunch of murderers may file a class-action lawsuit against you for mental anguish.

omaga

Wind your neck in.

lol fair play 2 you! big grin

PVS
Listen it SAYS in the Bible, old Testament that Sodom and Gomor was destroyed because of their numerous inequities including homesexuality which is a pervasion. I mean this is a behavior that is counterproductive of the natural order of things. It doesn't make sense, it just doesn't and tolerance and understand is another issue. The fact that we condem people who have sex with consenting underage kids or murder that is justified, we still punish them. Why are caressing these people and telling them its fine and do whatever you want? Wrong is wrong and somethings are not subjective, its what it is.

the bible which you thump demands the murdering of all non-believers.
it condones slavery as well. so i guess we should take every passage literally, right?

if you cant think for yourself and have to take everything at face value, then burn your bible. or i guess you can go on allowing every nuance of every passage in an ancient book of stories to dictate your very sense of right and wrong. but dont claim it to be objective. thats frikin obnoxious

Darth Jello
and the sodom and gomorra thing is waaay vauge. the specifics of their perversions are things filled in by interpreters. In fact sodomy is defined as a sexual crime against god, whatever that may mean.

Hit_and_Miss
See this is what I don't understand by pro homosexual groups or liberals. Why is it that when someone says they think its wrong and says that the Bible denounces it, its gay bashing. It's like Bush saying to the people who don't support HIS war, they are anti-patriotic.

Apart from the butchery of my quote... You have obviously not read, or took the time to understand the message of the bible... Now there are 2 reasons why the bible is flawed in my eyes...

1) The time... The bible was written during times where slavery and sexism were a way of life... In this time we don't condone these actions...

2) Not written by God, Also written several years after events... The 4 that wrote it won't have remembered the facts exactly, (and have been shown that they wrote there gospal on what the others have wrote...) This leads me to believe that there were probably mistakes made...

Now either Accept the bible 100% and get slaves, Sell your daughters, Preach sexism, Hate gays and none believers, Don't work on sundays, Burn offerings to god.......Etc...... Or accept that the bible at its "core"... has a good message, But its wrong on other areas... Including Gays... Which you should show tolerance to seeing as they are your fellow man...

Quiero Mota
Apart from the butchery of my quote... You have obviously not read, or took the time to understand the message of the bible... Now there are 2 reasons why the bible is flawed in my eyes...

1) The time... The bible was written during times where slavery and sexism were a way of life... In this time we don't condone these actions...

2) Not written by God, Also written several years after events... The 4 that wrote it won't have remembered the facts exactly, (and have been shown that they wrote there gospal on what the others have wrote...) This leads me to believe that there were probably mistakes made...

Now either Accept the bible 100% and get slaves, Sell your daughters, Preach sexism, Hate gays and none believers, Don't work on sundays, Burn offerings to god.......Etc...... Or accept that the bible at its "core"... has a good message, But its wrong on other areas... Including Gays... Which you should show tolerance to seeing as they are your fellow man...

I agree wit'chu, homes. People take the bible far too literally when its full of metaphors and hidden meanings. Times and technology change, so its important for religion to do so as well.

I know some Jews and a couple Muslims who dont keep kosher because its an obsolete rule, and I understand and agree.

Punker69

The Bible doesn't say to hate gays.In fact I can give you scriptures on loving your neighbor and to witness to people if you would like. The Bible doesn't promote hate for unbelievers. John 4:7 and 4:8 talks about Christ's love. You'll on numerous occassions during the first four books of the new testament where Jesus loved and witness to unbelievers.

Burn offerings to God? Done work on Sundays? This was all part of the law that God established for Moses and his followers. It is called the old covenant. It was fulfilled when Jesus came to earth. We as believers now are under the New Covenant. Thats why we dont "honor" the sabbath as talked about in the old testament nor do we offer burnt offerings. As mentioned is Hebrews 10:26 Jesus talks about there remaineth no more sacrifice for our sins. This is because when Jesus died on the cross he paid the ultimate sacrifice. Thats why he doesn't except burnt offerings anymore. Actually, half of the 10th chapter is dedicated to Christ being the ultimate sacrifice.

LordFear

Everything that you refered to just now is in the Old Testament.
There is a New Testament as well. The whole point of Jesus coming down on this dust ball and get killed for us. The point was to say " Listen you guys have being going about my Fathers rules and ways which are out of date. Here is a new way of doing and thinking because that's what he wants now". In the New Testament, Jesus was asked about homosexuality and it is a pervesion. Now if its fine for you so be it, but for them to have Gay Prides day, c'mon. Do you have to flaunt it in my face? So you are gay, fine good luck with that but c'mon, you are influencing the fickle minded and easily persuaded that its fine and its totally cool. This is not a fashion trend and shouldn't be displayed as one

LordFear
and the sodom and gomorra thing is waaay vauge. the specifics of their perversions are things filled in by interpreters. In fact sodomy is defined as a sexual crime against god, whatever that may mean.

Sodom comes from sodomy which is anal intercourse/penetration.
They were indulging in incest, sodomy, bestiality and every sins possible

Lana
And if you'd pull your nose out of your bible, you'd discover two things.

1) It is not the law in the US.
2) Not everyone cares about what it says.

The bible says it's wrong? Big deal. That doesn't mean it is.

Eis
And if you'd pull your nose out of your bible, you'd discover two things.

1) It is not the law in the US.
2) Not everyone cares about what it says.

The bible says it's wrong? Big deal. That doesn't mean it is.
Thank you! laughing out loud
Stupid Christians just won't understand we don't care what a two thousand year old book says.

PVS
i once used a page from the bible to roll a joint...
i was in a hotel room, ran out of papers, and believe it or not,
many bibles have perfect paper for rolling. i used one of the blank pages, so no sacred word was defiled. but...am i going to hell?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>