Rank the top 5 strongest guys in Marvel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
Who do you guys think is the physically strongest guys on the Earth?

No cosmics etc.

My list:

1. Hulk
2. Juggernaut
3. Thor
4. Hercules
5. Sentry(No feats yet)

Mindship
I gotta tell ya: it really bugs me that the Thing has been downgraded. It used to be Hulk was number one, Thing was number two. Two straightforward bricks, which is why their fights are considered the grandaddy of all crossover matches.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Mindship
I gotta tell ya: it really bugs me that the Thing has been downgraded. It used to be Hulk was number one, Thing was number two. Two straightforward bricks, which is why their fights are considered the grandaddy of all crossover matches. Thing hasn't been downgraded he has just been surpassed by better characters.

Mindship
That's probably true in some cases. But he was once considered stronger than Thor, Herc and (I think) Juggernaut.

Marcus4600
Well, Ben isn't stronger than Juggernaut or Hulk, but he's a hell of a lot faster, so he's still probably the best fighter among the heavyweights.

R.O.T. Yahman
That's probably true in some cases. But he was once considered stronger than Thor, Herc and (I think) Juggernaut.

Ben was once considered stronger than Thor ??????

This is how it goes IMO

1. Sentry
2. Hulk
3. Beta Ray Bill, (Held his own against a very powerful Herald)
4. Hercules (Very Impressive in his latest mini)
5.Atlas (Yet to show any limits, listed as level 7)

Mindship
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Ben was once considered stronger than Thor ??????

When I was a kid, I once read an old issue of Spider-Man, where it showed his strength ranking as compared to other Marvel characters.

Some of you probably remember the one where Spidey is holding up a platform Atlas-style, and on the platform were all the characters (at the time) considered stronger than SM, about 8 characters.

But prior to this, I remember a pic of Spiderman lifting a huge barbell, and on the side, watching him--those characters considered stronger than SM--were Hulk, behind Hulk was Ben, behind Ben was Thor.

Needless to say, much has changed since then.

jumpmann
Hulk will always be number one since yeah his strength is limitless. Impossible to calculate who goes where after that.

newjak86
Acutally Hulk may not be number one infact Hulk editors once said they think Juggernaut was stronger because he could upon the limitless strength of Cyttorak.

roughrider
Since you said no cosmics, beings like Thanos, Champion & The Silver Surfer cannot be included.
In random order:

Hulk - has the greatest potential for strength, because of how his power works. Truly limitless? His strength is powered by psychology; there is no such thing as limitless rage.

Juggernaut - magically-blessed infinite durability; strength can be considered a part of that, if it means something is in his way.

Thor - very impressive strength feats over the years; his full limit is not quite known. Belt of strength doubles his might, too.

Hercules - magically blessed to be the strongest of all on Earth, and could be.

Gladiator - also very impressive feats over the years. Created as a parallel to Pre-Crisis Superman.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by jumpmann
Hulk will always be number one since yeah his strength is limitless. Impossible to calculate who goes where after that.

As is the Sentrys ! smile And Sentry can use this energy to increase his speed and Durability therefore he wins all the fights. The Void broke every bone in the Hulks body and hes basically the Bizarro vesrion of Sentry. smile

MadMadTitan
1. Thanos
2. Thor
3. Apocalypse
4. Hulk
5. Gladiator

Wally West
Hulk the strongest there is!

I can never go against Hulk in threads like this, I mean a writer could have him hold the universe on his shoulders and say he was just really really angry and theres not much you could do to argue against it stick out tongue The guy can be as strong as any situation needs him to be.

Ex11B
In no particular order..Bad Guys

Silver Age Mangog
Count Nefaria
Kurse
Thanos
Asgardian Destroyer

And Now the good guys

Sentry
Hulk
Thor
Hercules
Colossus

snoopdogg
I was gonna exclude Gladiator. Cause he is a space hero. But f*ck it. I guess we can use him.

olympian
Hulk- potential to have higher high end feats.

Hercules/Thor- cant raise theyr strenght as Hulk but regular wise can match him without fluctuating.

Juggernaut- easily the most durable and able to match anyone, just dont belive in raw strenght to be above the others. Lack of feats of that nature hurt a bit as well.

WonderMan/Namor- Either the best next thing below the big guns or boderline toptier.

As for Ben:

Thing would qualifie if it was a top 10 list. Hes the class below. Able to trade shots with -anyone- in the list but unable to take the majority.

Yes, against any.

King KAM
On pure Strength..........
I would have to say Herc is top 3.....The man had held the world on his shoulders for atlas, AND Towed the Island of Manhattan.

olympian
Hercules, Hulk and Thor are always the classic top 3 at Marvel.

If you want to add one, you have the Forgotten One.

If he wasent actually forgotten.....

K Von Doom
What did Herc stand on when he held the world on his shoulders?

Scoobless
When I was a kid, I once read an old issue of Spider-Man, where it showed his strength ranking as compared to other Marvel characters.

this?

http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spiderstrenght1pc1re.jpg

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/1843/spiderstrenght1pc4dd.jpg

Anyway, Naferia and Naferius were both stronger than almost all the good guys on earth

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Scoobless
this?

http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spiderstrenght1pc1re.jpg

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/1843/spiderstrenght1pc4dd.jpg

Anyway, Naferia and Naferius were both stronger than almost all the good guys on earth

That thing is seriously innacurate now. I dont reckon the Surfer is nearly as strong as Spiderman. (Sarcasm)

Its still a cool article and i wash Wizard would do an updated version. Maybe one that included D.C. characters ?

snoopdogg
That very pic is why I put Thor ahead of Hercules in my list. I do think Juggy is stronger than Those two though.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by snoopdogg
That very pic is why I put Thor ahead of Hercules in my list. I do think Juggy is stronger than Those two though.

Disagree ... but my comps about to crash, so i wont !

snoopdogg
Well Juggernaut does not have the feats those two do. I'll give you that.

War-Hulk had a hard time overpowering Juggy in their fight when he stopped Juggy from pushing him back. I don't think Thor or Herc could have fought War-Hulk h2h and faired any better.

thesilverspider
Who's the guy between herc and Ironman with the shades?I'm quessing it's mar-vell because of the gold bands he got on.Wonder man maybe

leonheartmm
among the HEAVY WIEGHTS{originally}
it used to be
APOCALYPSE
HULK
THOR
THING
BLOB
RHINO

and these are the non enhanced ones{otherwise mags is also way up there}
COLOSSUS
HERCULES
ATLAS
NAMOR
IRONMAN
BLACKBOLT
WENDIGO
SHE HULK

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by leonheartmm
among the HEAVY WIEGHTS{originally}
it used to be
APOCALYPSE
HULK
THOR
THING
BLOB
RHINO

and these are the non enhanced ones{otherwise mags is also way up there}
COLOSSUS
HERCULES
ATLAS
NAMOR
IRONMAN
BLACKBOLT
WENDIGO
SHE HULK

Namor is stronger then Blob, Rhino and Thing.

Water doesn't enhance him. It simply returns him at the normal levels he is at. Sea IS the place he was born in. He's simply better in his natural dominion, but aren't we all?

King KAM
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Namor is stronger then Blob, Rhino and Thing.

Water doesn't enhance him. It simply returns him at the normal levels he is at. Sea IS the place he was born in. He's simply better in his natural dominion, but aren't we all? and Thor has saidf on Numerous occasions that his strength is not equal to Hercules, Hercules is brute strength strongest of the gods, the man towed the Island of Manhattan for god's sake......

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by thesilverspider
Who's the guy between herc and Ironman with the shades?I'm quessing it's mar-vell because of the gold bands he got on.Wonder man maybe

Its Wonderman , as he's actually an actor.

R.O.T. Yahman
That thing is seriously innacurate now. I dont reckon the Surfer is nearly as strong as Spiderman. (Sarcasm)

Its still a cool article and i wash Wizard would do an updated version. Maybe one that included D.C. characters ?

How that list looks nowadays, since Heroes Re-Born;

Super Heavy Weights :

Hulk, Thor, Hercules, Namor (In Water), Iron Man (For about a min), Silver Surfer

Heavy Weights :

Black Bolt, Wonderman, Captain Britain, Thing, Colossus, Sasquatch, Doc Samson, She Hulk,

Super Medium Weights :

Valkerie, Thundra, Vision, Cage , Ghost rider, Spiderman, Spider girl

GalacticStorm
How that list looks nowadays, since Heroes Re-Born;

Super Heavy Weights :

Hulk, Thor, Hercules, Namor (In Water), Iron Man (For about a min), Silver Surfer

Heavy Weights :

Black Bolt, Wonderman, Captain Britain, Thing, Colossus, Sasquatch, Doc Samson, She Hulk,

Super Medium Weights :

Valkerie, Thundra, Vision, Cage , Ghost rider, Spiderman, Spider girl

If thats current then how is Hercules above She Hulk? In terms of strength shes shown she can beat current herc in an arm wrestl eso thats not quite right, plus in all the bouts her and Namor have had she has had the upper hand.

Marcus4600
From those alive, the top 5 are Thor, Hulk, Iron Man (current armor can take a charge from a nearby power source) Namor, and Hercules. Now, I'm not going from people that aren't on earth at the moment, or aren't very active, so Beta Ray Bill is way up there, War Machine, Glads, Sentry, Hyperion, and so forth. There's plenty that have broken the 100 with ease, but I think the strongest rigth now may be a 4 way tie between Thor/Glads/Hyperion/Sentry.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
If thats current then how is Hercules above She Hulk? In terms of strength shes shown she can beat current herc in an arm wrestl eso thats not quite right, plus in all the bouts her and Namor have had she has had the upper hand.

Not in all. Maybe back in 1940, when Namor was like 20, but in one FF comic Namor went toe to toe with her while not even in control of his own actions.

soujaboy09
(1) Juggernaut (Because whoever stood before him fell before him.)

(2) Hulk (Yes his strength increases, but anger is not unlimited.)

(3) Thor (Just look at him)

(4) Herc (He drug Manhatten)

(5) Wonderman (He's a wonder)

Hit and Run
I've stated this before, but it appears She-Hulk has gone back down around her original strength level. I don't think Dan Slott meant for her power-up to be a permanent thing.

R.O.T. Yahman

Ahhhhhh but my names G.S. and bios and lifting feats are all that count. Herc is superior in the Bio's, and Namor is more impressive with lifting feats. Matching an opponent in combat means nothing about strength .... (Sarcasm)

In reality, She hulk is no longer as strong she was after her original bio !!!!!!! And she has never come close to matching Namor under water, this is the level my chart clearly states him to be at.

I also reckon the arm wrestle thing may have been one of those examples of 'marvel heroes not showing their true strength until it really matters' scenarios !!!!!!!!

GalacticStorm
Ahhhhhh but my names G.S. and bios and lifting feats are all that count. Herc is superior in the Bio's, and Namor is more impressive with lifting feats. Matching an opponent in combat means nothing about strength .... (Sarcasm)

As me and you have agreed before Hercules mortal status may be temporary and his bio may not be taking into account his dip in status over recent years. He has after all for most of his time in Marvel been immortal and of class 7. However the majority of his recent showings have not been reflective of this, both in terms of combat and lifting performance.

Good try Yahman but its completely different to the Firelord situation. Firelord doesnt have a multitude of feats and showings which contradict his bio stats. He has a few instances back in the 80's where he engaged Thor in combat before being overwhelmed by Thors superior strength. With a precedence for weaker characters performing so well against far superior ones it means nothing. She hulk back when she was class 75 has restrained Thor as well, but he eventually overcame her. Means nothing. Herc has admitted being depowered and then has consistently over recent years not shown himself to be beyond level 6ers. Completely different.

In reality, She hulk is no longer as strong she was after her original bio !!!!!!! And she has never come close to matching Namor under water, this is the level my chart clearly states him to be at.

That makes no sense whaysoever. You seem confused. confused Originally She hulk was class 50 in her savage run, before becoming class 75 by her Sensational run and now shes class 100. Read your comment again and tell me how that makes sense. It doesnt really does it?

The She hulk respect thread has a number of feats which disagree with your comments. Namor underwater has lifted a few feet off the ground. Big Wow. She hulk has simultaneously resisted and then overpowered four Skrull battle cruisers each one capable of towing a Skrull warship. Please bear in mind that each one was tied to each of her limbs and the Skrull were flying out in each direction in an attempt to kill her smile

She has CONSISTENTLY throughout her career fought/held her own against/taken down class 100 powerhouses.

I also reckon the arm wrestle thing may have been one of those examples of 'marvel heroes not showing their true strength until it really matters' scenarios !!!!!!!!

Given Hercules recent relatively poor showings and his comments on being depowered theres no evidence on panel to support an ability to tap into some hidden inner strength to achieve the unthinkable under periods of stress as per Thor, Hulk and the like. smile

who?-kid
Where's count Nefaria ? confused

DarkCrawler
Never heard of Nefaria?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Nefaria

who?-kid
Never heard of Nefaria?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Nefaria
big grin

Of course silly wink

I only asked myself : Hey, where is Count Nefaria in this list of the five strongest people in Marvel ? He's reeeaaaaally strong.

DarkCrawler
Damn, I read "Who's Count Nefaria". stick out tongue

who?-kid
Damn, I read "Who's Count Nefaria". stick out tongue
Well, I kinda expected that from a Namor fan wink

(quickly webslings away...)

DarkCrawler
mad

Namor's smarter then Spidey.

thesilverspider
mad

Namor's smarter then Spidey.
BAH!!!!!! his arrogance get's in the way........... stick out tongue
ninja

DarkCrawler
You can be arrogant and smart on the same time...shifty

who?-kid
Nah I was just kidding, I know Namor is real smart (knows lots of languages, knows the difference between a goldfish and a shark and such). Spider-Man and Namor are both intelligent people, each in his own field.

olympian
"That very pic is why I put Thor ahead of Hercules in my list. I do think Juggy is stronger than Those two though"

Except it isent in order. Hercules himself in that pic says Thor is a close second to him and that hes numero uno on Earth. In fact any of the three (Thor/Herc/Hulk) claim to be the strongest.

That list is not accurate. There are people in the wrong levels, even back then. Surfer is too low. Sasquatch was top tier. Black Bolt was always top tier. Namor as well. The fact, the person responsable of it asks for fans reactions if they agree or not, should be enough.

About she Hulk and Hercules, she is stronger if she is written with the power level she had recently.

If Slott powered her back to the level she had before (not original, she was way ahead of cl 50 already) then she falls back.

the Darkone
Strongest heroes or beings on earth

1.Hulk/Warrior Madness Thor/ Immortal Hercules/ Classic Juggernaut/ Count Nefaria/ Gladiator/ Eternals

2. Beta Ray Bill/ Thor/ Hercules/ Wonder Man/ She-Hulk/ Namor/ Colossus/ Current Juggernaut/Sentry/ Abomination/ Atlas/ Ares

3. Wendigo/ Warpath/ Rage/ Captain Britain/ Doc Samson/ Iron Man

4. The Thing/ Sasquatch/ Strong Guy/ Rogue/ Ms. Marvel/ Exodus/ Cage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.