Ouchies!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ILoveMyDaniel
I was at the Clay last night and I was outside 99% of the night. I have swollen, sore neck glands and a sore throat that woke me up at 4.00 AM this morning. Ouchies! It was well worth it considering last night was fun as hell but does anyone know any good home remedies I could use to calm the throat irritation every time I gulp, and the swollen gland feeling that makes me feel like my throat is going to swell shut?
Spank You All

Mr. Bacon
im a little hung over

Mr. Bacon
and tea always helps me when i have a sore throat

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Mr. Bacon
and tea always helps me when i have a sore throat
Like regular sweet tea, unsweetened tea, warm, or cold tea?

Mr. Bacon
hot tea, drink as prefered i guess, i like it with a tiny bit of sugar in it

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
I was at the Clay last night and I was outside 99% of the night. I have swollen, sore neck glands and a sore throat that woke me up at 4.00 AM this morning. Ouchies! It was well worth it considering last night was fun as hell but does anyone know any good home remedies I could use to calm the throat irritation every time I gulp, and the swollen gland feeling that makes me feel like my throat is going to swell shut?
Spank You All

Spank me? confused

Try some Bengay

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Mr. Bacon
hot tea, drink as prefered i guess, i like it with a tiny bit of sugar in it
Okay thanks.
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Spank me? confused

Try some Bengay
laughing out loud

fini
hmmm, not sure bout the neck glands, the bengay sounds good, but for the throat I got a sure fire thing.

1. Grate about 2 tablespoon of fresh ginger, 1 tablespoon of tumeric, and add it to boiling water ( about 1-2 cups) and let it boil for bout a min. ............ I am not sure where you can get tumeric in your area, I got no problems cause Indians use it a lot and we got a whole bunch growing in the back yard.

2. SLowly sip bout 1/4 of that with some milk and sugar. Its real spicy and not that great tasting, but trust me IT WORKS. But u got to drink it while its hot though.............. Oh wait, you gotta strain the mixture before you drink it. oopps forgot about that.

I use it when I got a sore throat and when I got a killer cough and it works better than anything i have ever tried.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by fini
hmmm, not sure bout the neck glands, the bengay sounds good, but for the throat I got a sure fire thing.

1. Grate about 2 tablespoon of fresh ginger, 1 tablespoon of tumeric, and add it to boiling water ( about 1-2 cups) and let it boil for bout a min. ............ I am not sure where you can get tumeric in your area, I got no problems cause Indians use it a lot and we got a whole bunch growing in the back yard.

2. SLowly sip bout 1/4 of that with some milk and sugar. Its real spicy and not that great tasting, but trust me IT WORKS. But u got to drink it while its hot though.............. Oh wait, you gotta strain the mixture before you drink it. oopps forgot about that.

I use it when I got a sore throat and when I got a killer cough and it works better than anything i have ever tried.
Thanks for the good idea but I have no idea what tumeric is, nor do we have ginger in our house erm

a1hsauce
get some hot water, put it in a cup and put some salt in it...garggle..then stay in bed yes

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by a1hsauce
get some hot water, put it in a cup and put some salt in it...garggle..then stay in bed yes
What does gargling do? The actual pain is in my throat so why would gargling something in my mouth have anything to do with my throat? messed

a1hsauce
wink trust me

fini
The gargling forces a mucus responce in your throat, so the mucus covers the irritated region, thus making it feel better, thats the same thing you get from mints, strepsils( with a lil pain killers), inhaling menthol, drinking juice, milk.

BUt it doesn't actually help to heal the irritation though.

a1hsauce
glare how dare you

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by fini
The gargling forces a mucus responce in your throat, so the mucus covers the irritated region, thus making it feel better, thats the same thing you get from mints, strepsils( with a lil pain killers), inhaling menthol, drinking juice, milk.

BUt it doesn't actually help to heal the irritation though.
Ohhhh, I see! stick out tongue Thanks.
Originally posted by a1hsauce
glare how dare you
Lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.