How strong do you have to be to be bulletproof

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pepito
Just wondering what's the threshold for the strength/endurance levels to be bulletproof in tonne classes (50tonnes, 40 tonnes?)

Mindship
I don't know if there is such a threshold, if the two are even comparable. An elephant is about 100 times stronger than a human being, yet its skin is still punctured just as easily as a human's (fortunately, because it is bigger and has thicker skin, the bullet has proportionally less deadly effect).

Cavemen fought mammoths with spears.

Swanky-Tuna
But a human with such strength would be considerably more dense.

ScarletSpider
Originally Luke Cage wasn't all that strong, but his main thing was that his skin was hard as steel. Spider-Man and Sunspot are both super strong, but not so much so that they repel bullets, for the first few years of his comics existence, Sunspot had to be very careful of projectiles, until he developed flame powers that melted bullets before they touched him (like the Human Torchs).

So, I think the two are related, but don't go hand-in-hand exactly. Colossus and Thing are both super strong and bullet proof, but an aspect of their powers is having an armored hide/form.

willRules
I may be wrong but I don't think the Hulk is Bulletproof, just soo quick at healing..............

Next Venom_girl
yes
Strenth levels don't have much to do w/ being "bullet proof"
i.e Venom is effectively bullet-proof because of his powers (the symbiote) and he's considered 12 ton... and is 15-25 tons tops.

snoopdogg
Strength and durability are two different things.

Dr.Fate
Puck from alpha flight is about a class 10 tonne and he's bulletproof, but also his body was compressed to that miniture size so that might if helped

TheKahn
I think that they are distinct powers, but they tend to come together in comics. The exceptions like the early Sunspot tend to prove the rule.

Draco69
Wonder Woman can help tug a third of Earth's mass against the gravitational pull of the Sun and can take hits from Superman like nothing....but she isn't bulletproof. What the f**k?

Mindship
Originally posted by Draco69
Wonder Woman can help tug a third of Earth's mass against the gravitational pull of the Sun and can take hits from Superman like nothing....but she isn't bulletproof. What the f**k?

Yeah, that bullet-bracelets thing was a nice touch back in the 1940s, to distinguish her from Superman's durability. But post-crisis WW is just too powerful to warrant that kind of limited durability these days. She should just be wearing those bracelets for show.

But then, if you got rid of her deflecting bullets with bracelets, she wouldnt quite be WW anymore.

A perfect example of a character being "trapped" by an outdated convention.

The Ion
Flash would totally dominate WW if he just ran with a finger pointed out. laughing out loud

Draco69
Originally posted by Mindship
Yeah, that bullet-bracelets thing was a nice touch back in the 1940s, to distinguish her from Superman's durability. But post-crisis WW is just too powerful to warrant that kind of limited durability these days. She should just be wearing those bracelets for show.

But then, if you got rid of her deflecting bullets with bracelets, she wouldnt quite be WW anymore.

A perfect example of a character being "trapped" by an outdated convention.

They can get rid of her stupid "bullets can kill me but Superman will only bruise me" weakness and still keep her bracelets. Use it for more dangerous stuff like planet-busting blasts or something. Make them more powerful.

grey fox
They can get rid of her stupid "bullets can kill me but Superman will only bruise me" weakness and still keep her bracelets. Use it for more dangerous stuff like planet-busting blasts or something. Make them more powerful.

Or better yet make her bang them together and cause Di-ana to appear Mrs's Marvel !!! laughing

DarkCrawler
They are good in blocking stuff like punches too...plus they have that force field thing.

Mindship
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
They are good in blocking stuff like punches too...plus they have that force field thing.

I've always heard about that force field thing but never seen it. What I have seen WW do, when she prepares for maximum conflict (eg, OWAW), is don her Eagle Armor, which gives her more armor protection, plus the wings enhance her flying ability (this according to that oversized WW handbook).

But having the bracelets deflect things like photon torpedos is a good idea. This way she could probably even do w/o that forcefield (which in my opinion, seems kinda contrived or plot-devicy anyway).

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Strength and durability are two different things. agreed. take luke cage for example. his skin is steel-like and he's in Class 25.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by The Ion
Flash would totally dominate WW if he just ran with a finger pointed out. laughing out loud
laughing

leonidas
recently thor was ko'd by a bullet! (to MUCH controversy!) in the past bullets have harmed him as well and almost no one is stronger than thor.

re: flash v wonder woman. did anyone catch them mixing it up recently in jla classified? ww wonders how many times he could hit her and figures a million or maybe HUNDREDS of millions of times!!

damn, flash IS tough . . .

The Ion
That was a good issue. Flash could have killed her a million times over if he really wanted and she knew it too. big grin

Blair Wind
anyone have that? lol that would be nice to see

Mindship
Perhaps better to put it...
How dense would your body have to be, to be bulletproof. Comparing that density to the density of normal muscle tissue, using that ratio, might give an idea of how strong you would end up being (and how heavy).

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by willRules
I may be wrong but I don't think the Hulk is Bulletproof, just soo quick at healing..............

I think hes at least bulletproof but his skin isnt as invulnerable to damage as Colossus for example he just heals rapidly.

thesilverspider
Wasn't Thor ko'd by a sniper hit to the head before?

Mindship
Originally posted by thesilverspider
Wasn't Thor ko'd by a sniper hit to the head before?

Gee, you'd think that damn helmet would at least protect him...and he even has bracelets to do the WW thing...unless, of course, he's simply not fast enough

wink

Pepito
Th reason I put strength was because generally strength and endurance levels come together unless there is an added bonus like armour. Rogue for instance is class50 and bulletproof but I'm not sure whether a character with the same sort of powers but at class40 (so 4/5 endurance if you like) would cope with bullets

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.