Compare frame by frame: Original to Special Edition to DVD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
Here are links that show scene by scene changes to Episodes IV, V, and VI.

ANH: http://www.dvdactive.com/editorial/articles/star-wars-the-changes-part-one.html

TESB: http://www.dvdactive.com/editorial/articles/star-wars-the-changes-part-two.html

ROTJ: http://www.dvdactive.com/editorial/articles/star-wars-the-changes-part-three.html

Enjoy. big grin

OB1-adobe
I havn't seen those since right before the OT dvd's came out.

Thanks for the nostalgia

Darth Subjekt
Yea theres some stuff there I never noticed or remembered. thanks

amity75
Way coolio and I've been a supporter of Haydens inclusion to ROTJ but really, he COULD have looked a bit happier...

roughrider
Originally posted by amity75
Way coolio and I've been a supporter of Haydens inclusion to ROTJ but really, he COULD have looked a bit happier...

Hayden claims that change was done without him knowing. That means GL took a head shot of Anakin fron somewhere in ROTS, and put it on Sebastian Shaw's body! You can see it's the same robes; Anakin never wore light-coloured brown robes as a Jedi.

A six-film set of the saga is coming. We will see even more tweaks, I believe - like a CGI Yoda to replace much of the puppet one from TPM - plus maybe Lucas will have a real head-to-toe shot of Hayden, redeemed from Darth Vader, to put in the end.

chinabing
They missed the weird looking digital Vader/Kenobi death star duel. The digivader looks awful!

Cascador
Originally posted by chinabing
They missed the weird looking digital Vader/Kenobi death star duel. The digivader looks awful!

Huh? huh

roughrider

What?
Are you saying they added some shots of a digital Vader & Kenobi, dueling on the Death Star?

That's something I pushed as a good idea; to add more spice to that scene...

Red Superfly
They touched up what was lacking, gave colour to bits that had none, but why did the destroy all of the good lightsaber scenes.

Those comparisons just prove what a rush job they did.

chinabing
Originally posted by roughrider
What?
Are you saying they added some shots of a digital Vader & Kenobi, dueling on the Death Star?

That's something I pushed as a good idea; to add more spice to that scene...

Yes, the Death Star duel in many places, the actors were replaced with digital Darths and Obi-Wans. It's mostly when the duel is not the "subject" of the shot, i.e. when you see it from across the hanger bay, or when viewing the Falcon from where they are fighting.

The digidarth looks way too smooth and fluid and fake. You don't see Obi-Wan's face, just the hood.

Cascador
Yes, the Death Star duel in many places, the actors were replaced with digital Darths and Obi-Wans. It's mostly when the duel is not the "subject" of the shot, i.e. when you see it from across the hanger bay, or when viewing the Falcon from where they are fighting.

The digidarth looks way too smooth and fluid and fake. You don't see Obi-Wan's face, just the hood.

I dont believe that..if they changed it, they would have a good reason for it...if they wanted it more dynamic for example, but nothing is changed

chinabing
Well, slap your ep IV dvd in the player and see for yourself. They mix and merge original stuff with the digidarth, so keep your eyes peeled for those scenes and you'll see.

Cascador
I did watch it....over hundreds of times...I need proof not leads...stick out tongue

amity75
If Lucas tinkers with the movies one more time I'm gonna drive over to Skywalker and execute my own Order 66.

Cascador
Originally posted by amity75
If Lucas tinkers with the movies one more time I'm gonna drive over to Skywalker and execute my own Order 66.

Well technically he is already cause he's making 3-D version...but you're talking about changes...well good chance there will be changes in the the 3-D version...

chinabing
I don't own the DVDs, I rented them from Blockbuster. (I don't want to own them, I have the 1995 widescreen VHSs and the DVDs copied from the laserdisks.)

I can't tell you the actual dvd time code, you're going to have to go to the duel yourself and see. Trust me, it's a digital darth! I've seen that scene hundreds of times myself, and they're different in the dvds.

Cascador
You dont have to tell the time...but can you give an example where exactly?

Sesse
They could make it an interactive movie.

Ben: "You must come with me to Alderaan!"

What will you say?
A) "Alderaan! Im not going to alderaan, its late and... blah blah."
B) "Sure, Lets go!" /Skip the burned home scene/
C) "Why there?" / "Im getting too old for these kind of things"/
D) "Whatever!" / Randomly choose from the examples above/

TheOnes2
Please tell me you are joking

chinabing
Originally posted by Cascador
You dont have to tell the time...but can you give an example where exactly?
I don't have the movies anymore as they're back on Blockbuster's shelves, but it's the scenes where Obi & Darth are in the battling in the death star, and it's just before Luke & Han run out to the Falcon. Kinda where Darth & Obi are in the background. It's very quick, but there are a couple of cuts where they are digital. You might recall Obi-wan & Darth standing still in the background whilst the stormtroopers run over, plus one scene where you look out from that hallway onto the falcon.

steverules
Luke has a green lightsabre!?!

steverules
And what's wrong with Obi's lightsabre?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.