Heaviest Metal band?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Etrigan
Who are the heaviest metal band you've ever heard?

Mine are probably either Meshuggah or some band my friend let me listen to called Cold Hand of Christ. A song called "From The Gutter."

Impediment
Deicide, Nile, Mortician, Hate Eternal, and Cannibal Corpse. These bands will change any doubts about who is the heaviest.

Alpha Centauri
Heaviest as in powerful? Probably Khanate or Sunn 0. I don't particularly like them but it's pretty heavy, droney stuff.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Nile maybe.

mysterio69
the osmonds! kidding. i meant sabbath.

Bardiel13
Any band in the genre of Grindcore, simply put.

NBT x 20
Slipknot!

Etrigan
O.o

Slipknot are actually nothing compared to some bands.

Cannibal Corpse and Nile are damn heavy too.

Oh, and The Beatles. XD

Slay
Originally posted by NBT x 20
Slipknot!
laughing

probably Cannibal Corpse yes.I do like Metal,but not too Heavy...

Etrigan
I prefer melodic metal.

More classic metal like Iced Earth, some power and battle metal like Sonata Arctica and Dragonforce, some thrash like Anthrax or Slayer, and sometimes a bit of prog like Dream Theater never goes amiss.

Alpha Centauri
Battle Metal? I thought I'd seen everything.

Dragonforce, if anything, are power metal.

-AC

Df02
Nile... he heaviest metal band i like

Etrigan
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Battle Metal? I thought I'd seen everything.

Dragonforce, if anything, are power metal.

-AC

I know. So are Sonata Arctica.

Bands like Korpiklaani and Turisas are Battle Metal.

Alpha Centauri
No, battle metal is non-existant.

Battle metal? Come on, the name labelling is getting dumb now.

-AC

RedAlertv2
Dont you know? A band is only good if you can place it in a pointless and obscure genre

Deathblow
A lot of people are confusing ''heavy''. Heavy is something you do in the studio, mixing the music to make the guitars sound much louder. Most of these bands listed are hard and aggressive, but in terms of ''heavy'' sound, Deftones self-titled album and Lateralus by Tool beat all of the above.

In regards to what you guys are getting at in this thread, I think some of Napalm Death's early work should be mentioned. Back when they'd record like 40 second songs of pure noise.

Alpha Centauri
Tool and Deftones heavier than Nile? I think you're confusing the band with the river.

-AC

papabeard
What about Mastodon?

Bardock42
Tool and Deftones heavier than Nile? I think you're confusing the band with the river.

-AC

That's funny....and I don't even know the Band.

Etrigan

-AC

I'm pretty sure there is such thing. Metal Hammer once released a comilation album which said "The best selection of battle metal tracks" on the front.

I could be wrong, but that's definitely what it said.

Saphira
All of the bands that are mentioned are good... but what about RAMMSTEIN??? how could you leave out that German industrial metal techno band??!?! check them out-they''ll leave you with your answer... rock

Saphira
Sorry about that. That was my brother. I hate heavy metal.

no offence. big grin

Etrigan
Heh, no worries.

Rammstein are good, but not that heavy really. Pretty awesome though.

Bardiel13
Originally posted by Deathblow
In regards to what you guys are getting at in this thread, I think some of Napalm Death's early work should be mentioned. Back when they'd record like 40 second songs of pure noise.

Like I said! Grindcore! zorro

Bad Boy
Two words guys.... BURNING SKIES

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Etrigan
I'm pretty sure there is such thing. Metal Hammer once released a comilation album which said "The best selection of battle metal tracks" on the front.

I could be wrong, but that's definitely what it said.

The label exists, but it's pointless. Not such thing as "Battle metal".

-AC

Swanky-Tuna
The label exists, but it's pointless. Not such thing as "Battle metal".
And there never will be with an attitude like that.

DarkRaven
Wow! great topic going on here! but i bet that it would be better if I knew who half of these bands are. sad Are they British? embarrasment Well personally I would have to say that Slipknot is not metal at least not since Subliminal Verses Vol. 3 came out. mad Metal well you got Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, and so on.... rolling on floor laughing

Etrigan
Classic Metal, anyways.

I can't really say Sabbath are heavy, compared to some of the modern stuff we have around now.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
And there never will be with an attitude like that.

All the better.

-AC

Df02
Originally posted by DarkRaven
Wow! great topic going on here! but i bet that it would be better if I knew who half of these bands are. sad Are they British? embarrasment Well personally I would have to say that Slipknot is not metal at least not since Subliminal Verses Vol. 3 came out. mad Metal well you got Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, and so on.... rolling on floor laughing

Nile arent British... and anyone who like truly 'heavy' metal should listen to them

nick1811
i agree with who ever said any grindcore band, but there are some others from different genres:

Belphegor
Burn the Priest
Cannibal Corpse
Coverge
Job For a Cowboy
Leng T'che (grindcore)
Six Feet Under

eggmayo
Classic Metal, anyways.

I can't really say Sabbath are heavy, compared to some of the modern stuff we have around now.

None of those bands are heavy. Except maybe certain Metallica songs.

Bad Boy
BURNING.......................... SKIES

www.myspace.com/burningskies

Ogami Itto
Check out Sabbaths guitar riff on Symptom of the Universe from Sabotage thats damn heavy for 1975!!!

But grindcore probably is the heaviest style i've heard!! i mean how could u get heavier??? laughing

eggmayo
Originally posted by Ogami Itto
Check out Sabbaths guitar riff on Symptom of the Universe from Sabotage thats damn heavy for 1975!!!

But grindcore probably is the heaviest style i've heard!! i mean how could u get heavier??? laughing
For the times, yeah. I'd say Under the Sun was heavier, though. Because it rules, lots.

nick1811
Originally posted by Bad Boy
BURNING.......................... SKIES

www.myspace.com/burningskies

woah! they're pretty good!

Bardiel13
Well, besides grindcore, I'd say bands like Ajdath (Jordan), Benighted (France), and Nile (USA! USA! USA!) And I say Slipknot's still metal after Vol.3 Hell, in a few albums, if they add more solos, they may become considered tr00 metal!

Slay
Originally posted by Bardiel13
Well, besides grindcore, I'd say bands like Ajdath (Jordan), Benighted (France), and Nile (USA! USA! USA!) And I say Slipknot's still metal after Vol.3 Hell, in a few albums, if they add more solos, they may become considered tr00 metal!
Slipknot is nowhere near heaviest Metal band

Bardiel13
Originally posted by Slay
Slipknot is nowhere near heaviest Metal band

Oh, of course not. I still like 'em though. Power metal isn't very heavy, but it's considered "True metal", right?

Bad Boy
Originally posted by nick1811
woah! they're pretty good!

Told ya!

amity75
Me and my mates used to listen to a band called "Hellbastard" for a laugh. They were pretty heavy. German I think.

BackFire
Pantera, Slayer, Deicide.

streetfighter58
yeah I have to agree with you backfire

Deicide
anyone here ever heard of Bloodbath or Iniquity??

Alpha Centauri
Bloodbath are alright. Not a massive fan.

Good drummer.

-AC

nick1811
Told ya!

i just bought their CD 'murder by means of existence', should be arriving soon.

thanks for introducing me to them thumb up have you seen them live?

eggmayo
Gotta be 'Something Corporate'.

Anyone ever heard of them?

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha, funny guy.

-AC

Bad Boy
Yeah man, I've seen Burning Skies seen 3 times... with 3 different drummers who are all incredible. Think my band are supposed to supporting them soon... not sure tho!

Also check out Shaped By Fate www.myspace.com/shapedbyfate

Mordum
Prepare yourselfs for the heaviest of the heavy.

The Axis of Perdition

The Ichneumon Method(album0

they will blow your brains out

nick1811
Yeah man, I've seen Burning Skies seen 3 times... with 3 different drummers who are all incredible. Think my band are supposed to supporting them soon... not sure tho!

Also check out Shaped By Fate www.myspace.com/shapedbyfate

who're your band?

Deicide
anyone like Neurosis??

Bad Boy
who're your band?

Through Solace www.myspace.com/throughsolace not as heavy tho lol

Valharu
Fear Factory. And if you want real heavy, Heavy as a really heavy thing and City by S.Y.L will give you an ear ache.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Deicide
anyone like Neurosis??

Good band.

-AC

Scorpion_Master
Rammstein, Hammerfall, Pantera, Stratovarius, Meshuggha, Slipknot

Slay
Originally posted by Scorpion_Master
Rammstein, Hammerfall, Pantera, Stratovarius, Meshuggha, Slipknot Slipknot?Rammstein?
I draw my questions with this list shock

Alpha Centauri
They're NOT the heaviest metal bands but to deny they can be heavy is a bit silly.

-AC

nick1811
Through Solace www.myspace.com/throughsolace not as heavy tho lol

cool thumb up you guys are pretty good.

what are you in the band (guitar drums, etc)?

supersayin4goku
slipknot korn slayer and metalica or what ever

but do u no what is heavy to have u heard death metal

Bad Boy
Thanks doodsmile

I'm Kevin Williams, guitarist

AC/DC'S_LVR
the dudes who osund like dinosaurs when they sing and they play the same note over and over again for like 15 minutes
oh wait thats every new metal band out today

supersayin4goku
hey not all it is better then that stupid ****** shit
where they yell and mumble about sex

Bardiel13
Originally posted by AC/DC'S_LVR
the dudes who osund like dinosaurs when they sing and they play the same note over and over again for like 15 minutes
oh wait thats every new metal band out today

Every new metal band, you say?

Slay
They're NOT the heaviest metal bands but to deny they can be heavy is a bit silly.

-AC
I'm not sating they can't be heavy.
I'm saying they're not the heaviest metal band.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Impediment
Deicide, Nile, Mortician, Hate Eternal, and Cannibal Corpse. These bands will change any doubts about who is the heaviest.

Cannibal Corpes is the gayest band on the planet.

Sure they are heavy, but extremely boring and predictable, which actually describes death metal in those 2 words.

golem370
The Original Metal Band Led Zepplin,Slayer,Original Metallica,Meshugga,Hate Breed,Pissing Razors,Skinlab,BLS and others

Bardiel13
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Cannibal Corpes is the gayest band on the planet.

Sure they are heavy, but extremely boring and predictable, which actually describes death metal in those 2 words.

http://gallery.the-ac.net/albums/uploaded/gtfo%20cat.jpg

FOOL! NO ONE INSULTS THE GODLIEST OF ALL METAL!!

Off topic-ish but I couldn't resist stick out tongue

Valharu
S.Y.L.......City.......Devin..........Townsend............HEAVY!!!

nick1811
Originally posted by supersayin4goku
slipknot korn slayer and metalica or what ever

but do u no what is heavy to have u heard death metal

what? wacko

Etrigan
I hate Cannibal Corpse, I'm afraid. They just... really... suck.

And who the HELL said Led Zeppelin was metal?

Bardiel13

And who the HELL said Led Zeppelin was metal?

Hate CC all you want, but NO ONE DISSES THE GODLIEST OF METAL!! (death metal smile )

Scarecrow756
AC/DC and Dragonforce.

nick1811
Originally posted by Scarecrow756
AC/DC and Dragonforce.

no

Impediment

Cannibal Corpse does not suck, you just don't like them. They have many, many fans worldwide, and are still making albums. They're doing something right, obviously. I despise Avril Lavigne and Evanesence, but I would be simple minded if I said that they suck. They obviously have a big fanbase, just like Cannibal Corpse, so, again, they are doing something right.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Impediment
Cannibal Corpse does not suck, you just don't like them. They have many, many fans worldwide, and are still making albums. They're doing something right, obviously. I despise Avril Lavigne and Evanesence, but I would be simple minded if I said that they suck. They obviously have a big fanbase, just like Cannibal Corpse, so, again, they are doing something right.

Stupid rationale.

It doesn't mean they're doing something "right", it means they're doing what is necessary to sell albums and gain fans. That doesn't make it "right", or carry any kind of accolade.

Having a fanbase doesn't make your band good, making good music does.

This doesn't apply to Cannibal Corpse, Avril Lavigne or Evanescence.

I hate that "They don't suck, you just don't like them." bs. I could say "They don't NOT suck, you just like them.". You might like them even though they suck. Did you not consider that possibility?

If you like them, you like them, but don't go around tell people they don't suck. They suck if I believe they suck, to me. Like they're good to you if you believe they are.

-AC

Afro Cheese
Cannibal Corpse does suck if you ask me; every death metal cliche rolled into one band. They obtain their fanbase primarily through shock value.

tabby999
yeah i see it that way too, i'm sure some people love them for the music but i'm sure lots of their albums were bought because it pisses off parents.

Do you think the more you listen to something the less and less heavy it sounds. When i first started to Parkway Drive, it seemed as heavy as all get out, but the more i listen to it the less heavy it seems. Is it just familiarity?

BlackSunshine

Cannibal Corpse does NOT suck in any way, shape or form. I, personally, don't care to listen to them on a regular basis, but I think they're pretty damn good.

Stupid rationale.

It doesn't mean they're doing something "right", it means they're doing what is necessary to sell albums and gain fans. That doesn't make it "right", or carry any kind of accolade.

Having a fanbase doesn't make your band good, making good music does.

This doesn't apply to Cannibal Corpse, Avril Lavigne or Evanescence.

I hate that "They don't suck, you just don't like them." bs. I could say "They don't NOT suck, you just like them.". You might like them even though they suck. Did you not consider that possibility?

If you like them, you like them, but don't go around tell people they don't suck. They suck if I believe they suck, to me. Like they're good to you if you believe they are.

-AC

Could you be any more hateful? Honestly, someones opinion about something, which I personally agree with. Avril Lavine, Evanesence, Cannibal Corpse, ect ect. Are obviously doing something right if they're still making an assload of money.

~Flamboyant~
Through Solace www.myspace.com/throughsolace not as heavy tho lol I like your band. thumb up

tabby999
Originally posted by BlackSunshine
Cannibal Corpse does NOT suck in any way, shape or form. I, personally, don't care to listen to them on a regular basis, but I think they're pretty damn good.

Could you be any more hateful? Honestly, someones opinion about something, which I personally agree with. Avril Lavine, Evanesence, Cannibal Corpse, ect ect. Are obviously doing something right if they're still making an assload of money.

never mind him, he's hates people who have an opinion on something he does thats not the same as his. He does get it right from time to time though. Those bands have been doing something right, even if its not on the talent side of things.

Afro Cheese
Doing something right in terms of marketing, sure. When most music fans say a band sucks, they aren't talking about their marketing skills.

nick1811
i agree with who ever said any grindcore band, but there are some others from different genres:

Belphegor
Burn the Priest
Cannibal Corpse
Coverge
Job For a Cowboy
Leng T'che (grindcore)
Six Feet Under

add 'suicide silence' to that list

Impediment
Originally posted by tabby999
never mind him, he's hates people who have an opinion on something he does thats not the same as his. He does get it right from time to time though. Those bands have been doing something right, even if its not on the talent side of things.

My point exactly.

Df02

Belphegor
Burn the Priest
Cannibal Corpse
Coverge
Job For a Cowboy
Leng T'che (grindcore)
Six Feet Under

Job for a Cowboy played in my town, stayed at my mates afterwards... they went to this party but it got really really sketchy when some girl accused someone of raping her, so well all went back to my mates and stayed up til 7am watching tv and chatting with em, nice guys.

at the moment i cant stop listening to the tony danza tapdance extravaganza

C-Dic
Since when is heaviness more important than craftsmanship and execution. Half of those bands music is indecipherable and unaudible, IMO. Converge, to me, is noise, honestly. That of which I can't appreciate or admire. If they did live shows, like Dillinger Escape Plan, I'd imagine nothing but people standing around and trying to listen, because, like an art gallery showing, there's no emotion you can invest in it from what I could gather. Just stand around and take in the "art".

As far as Cannibal Corpse and death metal in general is concerned, they sell a band name, not their music, given it's so derivative. So, if you walk around saying you like Cannibal Corpse, or Anal **** or Cephalic Carnage, it supposedly lends to your death metal cred. Again, considering the formulaic nature of their music, you end up admiring the band name and not so muc hthe music.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by C-Dic
Converge, to me, is noise, honestly. That of which I can't appreciate or admire. If they did live shows, like Dillinger Escape Plan, I'd imagine nothing but people standing around and trying to listen, because, like an art gallery showing, there's no emotion you can invest in it from what I could gather. Just stand around and take in the "art".

The music isn't indecipherable, that's a ridiculous claim. Converge lyrics or vocals are indecipherable, sure, but then if you're looking for lyrics, you're in the wrong place. I don't care what he's singing about, or screaming about. I care about what him and the band are doing, and I like what they do.

If you have a trained ear you can quite clearly tell that as erratic as Converge and Dillinger get, there's always structure. I accept that Converge aren't to everyone's liking, but it annoys me when people start moaning that they can't hear the lyrics. Go look them up, read some poetry, do something other than focus on the lyrics and ignore the band.

That said, Kurt Ballou, Nate Newton and Ben Koller (Guitar, bass and drums respectively) are both rather good at what they do. They're no Buzzo/Lombardo, but they get reasonable amounts of credit where it matters for creativity. So when did craftsmanship come before creativity?

I love musicians who can play and play well, but I'll take Nirvana over Dream Theater.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
Tabby stop being bitter, it's gonna get you nowhere.

I don't care what music she/he likes or doesn't like, it's a free world. You simply don't like the fact that I can back up everything I say, and neither do the people I reply to. Shit happens, right? Deal with it. Don't start making the ridiculous claim about me that I've refuted more times than I can even count. She can get Cannibal Corpse tattoos and think they're the most creative band on Earth if she wishes, I don't care.

As long as she accepts that preference is subjective. Talent wise, the aforementioned band don't have a great deal going for them, and that's not preference.

You can think what you want, there's a difference between that and trying to tell us that they're good as a fact. Preference is subjective, talent isn't.

Something they don't have much of, instrumentally. Important or not, that's true.

Prostitutes are obviously doing something right then, since they can earn a shitload of cash in one night.

Stupid logic isn't it? Yes, move on.

If being a tool and a puppet are both desireable traits, to you, then stay away from trying to have discussions about art.

-AC

C-Dic
The music isn't indecipherable, that's a ridiculous claim. Converge lyrics or vocals are indecipherable, sure, but then if you're looking for lyrics, you're in the wrong place. I don't care what he's singing about, or screaming about. I care about what him and the band are doing, and I like what they do.

If you have a trained ear you can quite clearly tell that as erratic as Converge and Dillinger get, there's always structure. I accept that Converge aren't to everyone's liking, but it annoys me when people start moaning that they can't hear the lyrics. Go look them up, read some poetry, do something other than focus on the lyrics and ignore the band.

That said, Kurt Ballou, Nate Newton and Ben Koller (Guitar, bass and drums respectively) are both rather good at what they do. They're no Buzzo/Lombardo, but they get reasonable amounts of credit where it matters for creativity. So when did craftsmanship come before creativity?

I love musicians who can play and play well, but I'll take Nirvana over Dream Theater.

-AC

But I'm not looking for mindblowing lyrical content. A lot of the bands I follow, I'm not in for the lyrics, just their music. I'm in a pretty safe spot, listening to mostly hardcore, and while the lyrics and drive behind the music are similar, they've all got their signature sound. That said, I do need actual notes and sounds that I can latch onto.

As far as Converge and DEP, I'm sure there's structure, but I can;t find continuity. That's what's important to me and in the music I listen to, it's a must. Meshuggah is the exception to the rule, even my new found appreciation for Mastodon, given it's a maximum of two rythmn signature toss-up's per song, excluding the bridges.

Craftsmanship and creativity are one and the same to me. I just can't appreciate some bands music AS music, instead "art", and I'm not big on what I consider to be organized noise.

As for Cannibal Corpse..can you really have loyalty for the band? They've had more line-up changes than the ****ing New York Yankees and Cradle of Filth combined. They've been on life-support for years, only surviving on a brandname and some innovation that wore off after all the copycats got a piece of the pie. I appreciate your dedication, but they've been upstaged 100 times over since their inception.

Df02
As far as Converge and DEP, I'm sure there's structure, but I can;t find continuity. That's what's important to me and in the music I listen to, it's a must. Meshuggah is the exception to the rule, even my new found appreciation for Mastodon, given it's a maximum of two rythmn signature toss-up's per song, excluding the bridges.

arent you a big Hardcore fan?

Alpha Centauri
Then Converge simply aren't the band for you. No more or less need be said, just don't do them the injustice of labelling them as "noise".

-AC

nick1811
Originally posted by Df02
Job for a Cowboy played in my town, stayed at my mates afterwards... they went to this party but it got really really sketchy when some girl accused someone of raping her, so well all went back to my mates and stayed up til 7am watching tv and chatting with em, nice guys.

cool, thats a decent story, you're lucky to have met the guys, i saw them in when they played near me but the closest i got was being next to the stage

Bardiel13
Orphaned Land
I'm not sure Folk Metal can get much heavier than that.

Deano
mortician are the heaviest i think

C-Dic
arent you a big Hardcore fan?

I am, but how is that relevant?

Then Converge simply aren't the band for you. No more or less need be said, just don't do them the injustice of labelling them as "noise".

-AC

Injustice? Where as what I feel is an opinion, it's a fact they have a very limited appeal.

Df02
I am, but how is that relevant?

well it's not exactly a genre know for it's structural complexity etc.

Alpha Centauri
Injustice? Where as what I feel is an opinion, it's a fact they have a very limited appeal.

They have a rather large and diverse fanbase actually.

That doesn't change the fact that they are an acquired taste, but that's precisely what aids my point. They're not to your taste, that doesn't mean that they're just noise. If you hear them as that, fine, but I know -- being a listener -- that there's more to them.

-AC

C-Dic
You have an undeniable point, although that genre's evolved past rat-a-tat drumming and thick breakdowns, which I still love in Hatebreed's albums. AC brought up that there's structure in DEP and Converge. I conceded to that, but not much in the way of continuity. Meaning, there's an insane mish-mash of signatures and errant breakdowns. I can't get into that, because it just doesn't get me involved or moved. Be it physically, or emotionally, and that's just me. I can appreciate other people being into it.

As for the bands I follow, they're not traditionally hardcore, really. There aren't any true hXc bands, from what I've experienced. Hatebreed's evolved past that, bands like Terror try and play straight up, and I think they're boring. I know most bands aren't complex, but there are plenty of bands lumped into what we call hardcore today that are still incredibly original, talented, and you can even understand their lyrics..which is a rarity, lol. They all have their roots in what hardcore stood for, like Napalm Death, who pretty much invented the mutt genre of hardcore metal.

Leathergien
cannibal corpse, bortheibe, devoured remains.

R.F.
Slayer is the heaviest I've heard. Some of the Metallica stuff from "Master of Puppets" and "Kill 'Em All" is heavy, too. I've heard that Rammstein is good, but I've never heard them play.

nick1811
Originally posted by Deano
mortician are the heaviest i think
i was just about to mention them!

amity75
Years ago my mate bought an album by a band called "Darth Vader Church". My God they were heavy. Great name too.

Deano
mortician' definetly

~Da Rev~
Nile are a pretty good Metal Band

I'm more into Dragonforce these days.

MightyEInherjar

-AC

How is it non-exsistant? Did he not just give you two examples?

www.metal-archives.com - anyone can go click around, great site to find metal you didn't even know exsisted.

Anyhow, back on topic. I think people are forgeting what the thread is. It's not "Favorite Metal Band" it's "Heaviest." Now I'm not a big CC fan, but they're undeniably heavy. I pretty much agree with most of the big Death Metal bands listed, it's defiantly the Heaviest (I didn't say best)

Konjammenson
Originally posted by Bardiel13
Any band in the genre of Grindcore, simply put.
Not quite. I love grindcore but its not the heaviest.

Try some brutal death like Devourment for heavy. As for the "heaviest band" its an impossible question to answer. It has too much to do with personal opinion so it can never be answered fairly.

Darth Jello
DETHCLOCK!!!!

nick1811
Originally posted by Darth Jello
DETHCLOCK!!!!

DETHKLOK?

Deano
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
Nile are a pretty good Metal Band

I'm more into Dragonforce these days.

i knew dragonforce when they first started out. my college tutor has a band and there drummer used to be in dragonforce

Slay
Gorefest

Bardock42
The Beatles

Slay
Originally posted by Bardock42
The Beatles
The Beatles are indeed undeniably heavy, but I'd say Cannibal Corpse and Gorefest top them by just a little.

Bardock42
The Beatles are indeed undeniably heavy, but I'd say Cannibal Corpse and Gorefest top them by just a little.

Err...this is not about your opinion or anything...The Beatles just take it. Fact.

Slay
Err...this is not about your opinion or anything...The Beatles just take it. Fact.
Look. Dick. Better doesn't mean heavier.

Bardock42
Look. Dick. Better doesn't mean heavier.

Look. You. The Beatles pwn. End of story.

Impediment
Deicide is still my favorite. Heavy, Satanic, and still as brutal as ever. I was a little skeptical when the Hoffman brothers left the group, but now the new line-up is just as good. The new album wasnt their best effort, but certainly not their worst (In torment in Hell).

Df02
The Beatles

pushing all other problems aside... you'd consider the beatles a metal band haha?

Bardock42
pushing all other problems aside... you'd consider the beatles a metal band haha? Err? What else?

Alpha Centauri
I think the heaviest metal band, all things considered, is probably one of the bands on Southern Lord.

Sunn 0))), Boris, Khanate, Cult of Luna etc. Although the latter two are probably on Hydrahead now.

I like Khanate when I'm in a VERY specific mood, same with Boris. Not the most accessible or likeable stuff, but for sheer heavy, grimey, sludge-like thickness, it has to be one of them. I think they tune their guitars to Z or something. Allegedly it's really uncomfortable to watch Sunn 0))) live, due to the extremely low-end frequencies they play with.

Crowbar are probably enough of a combo between that kind of style and regular metal, so maybe those. Scissorfight, also candidates.

-AC

BlackSunshine
Crowbar is awesome!!

Bad Boy
Burning Skies have just released a new album and fair play.... it's incredible!!!!

nick1811
Burning Skies have just released a new album and fair play.... it's incredible!!!!

better than the last one?

Jim Reaper
Pig Destroyer rock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.