Has anyone else noticed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Saphira
Such a weird thing is, they seem to have had DADA teachers only since Harry came to the school. Dumbledore said that no-one has stayed more than 1 year as the teacher since Voldy was denied the job. but surely he would have applied (ha, that sounds so weird. you can just imagine him filling out loads of forms - have you had a full education?
yeah...but after I framed someone for a murder I comitted, things all kind of went downhill...)
anyway, he would have applied way way before Harry was born, however in OotP they only list the ones that they had, and even the Weasley twins who have been at school longer than Harry and Ron have apparently only had those previous four. Having one new teacher every year for twenty years or possibly more you'd think that they would have had difficulty before then.

please give your views on this. its a bit long but it's the first thread I ever posted.
sick woah... I talk too much...

H. S. 6
Amazingly, I understood what you just said, and it's a very valid point.

I'd just chalk it up to a mistake/not-thinking-it-through-enough on Jo's part. erm

ndfreak
i understood tat but it was a bit confusin at forst (had to read it like 5 times) but i agree wit H S 6 it was jus jkr screwin it up.

sammii
quirell had been there longer , he only became two-faced when Harry came stick out tongue

Knightfall93
No... they were listing the ones since Harry had arrived. I think...

Saphira
yeah, they might have been, but Gred and Forge had been there longer than Harry and Ron so they would have known some other teachers, wouldn't they? geek

Saphira
also, by the sixth book... VOLDEMORT IS LIKE, 70 YEARS OLD!!! he came to school 50 years before Harry, and he found the chamber when he was 16! that is pretty creepy!crazydisgustermm

Diamonds
Originally posted by Saphira
also, by the sixth book... VOLDEMORT IS LIKE, 70 YEARS OLD!!! he came to school 50 years before Harry, and he found the chamber when he was 16! that is pretty creepy!crazydisgustermm Oh, my God, you can just imagine your Granddad hobbling around killing people and all these young men bowing down to him...while he's in his braces laughing It's not that funny, because of all the deaths etc, but see the funny side. Heehee.

lionasa
Something tells me Dumbldores not gone he couldve made a copy of himself gone back in time or Have a Horcrux you never know the book cant be Harry Potter without dumbledude also i thik neville will sacrafice his life for Hazza Boy

Diamonds
Originally posted by lionasa
Something tells me Dumbldores not gone he couldve made a copy of himself gone back in time or Have a Horcrux you never know the book cant be Harry Potter without dumbledude also i thik neville will sacrafice his life for Hazza Boy No, I don't think so. Dumbledore couldn't have done that if he were dead. To have a Horcrux you need to kill someone, and I doubt Dumbledore killed anyone if it wasn't out defence (he wouldn't have killed for pleasure). Remember the portraits in his office, of all the past Hogwarts Heads? I'm sure he'll be there. It's a possibility.

But that had nothing to do with the thread topic.

Syndicate_Lord
Since when did it have to be a malicious murder? Dumby vanquished that dark wizard... Grindlewald or somehing, and that may have meant killing him. But not MALICIOUSLY!

Diamonds
Originally posted by Syndicate_Lord
Since when did it have to be a malicious murder? Dumby vanquished that dark wizard... Grindlewald or somehing, and that may have meant killing him. But not MALICIOUSLY! I just always thought it would have to be like that shrug

But we shall just have to wait. Unfortunately.

Syndicate_Lord
I know... THE AGONY OF WAITING! THE HORROR! THEN HORROR! Make it stop! Make it stop!

Saphira
I can't believe it isn't coming out till 2007 or maybe even further! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!! i'd be like, 16 years old and I'd have left school.

Oh, good. now I think about it, that means I can stay uptill midnight and get it from a bookshop instead of waiting till morning.
HA HA!chinese

eragon4992
wizards have a much greater life span than normal muggles i suppose

Saphira
where does it say that in Harry Potter?confused

wizards have the same life span as muggles - unless they're like voldy in which case you'll have to kill some other things before they die.
It absolutely never says that they have an extended life span unless they have a horcrux or an elixir of life from a philosophers stone. shaun

Saphira
OMG! I have just found out, like, five minutes go, that in Norse mythology, Fenrir was a wolf who would bring about the 'end of all things'!
jawdrop
c'mon, make the connection...
what d'you reckon, huh?lightbulb

The Phantom

wizards have the same life span as muggles - unless they're like voldy in which case you'll have to kill some other things before they die.
It absolutely never says that they have an extended life span unless they have a horcrux or an elixir of life from a philosophers stone. shaun DD was over 150 I believe...

Saphira
jawdrop where did you find that out?

The Phantom
jawdrop where did you find that out? Don't remember. But magic extends your life I believe.

H. S. 6

It absolutely never says that they have an extended life span unless they have a horcrux or an elixir of life from a philosophers stone. shaun
Originally posted by The Phantom
DD was over 150 I believe...

He's correct. DD was around 150 years old, and I believe McGonagall is around 70.

Check www.mugglenet.com

~¤Kiókó¤~
And JK has said that wizards have different life spans. Not in the books but she has said it.

Saphira
oh.

Saphira
wow.

Saphira
How do you know how old he is?

ashle
How do you know how old he is?

Thorin
Well, I have notice that too.

But I assume they just got 11 DADA teachers before Harry XDDD

The Phantom
How do you know how old he is? It was mentioned.

ashle
Originally posted by The Phantom
It was mentioned.
Where??

The Phantom
Dun remember. But I know it was mentioned.

x_hp_fan
Yeah, I heard it somewhere but I can't remember where. erm

Barker
The miracle of Google:

http://www.quick-quote-quill.org/articles/2001/0301-comicrelief-staff.htm

How old are Professor Dumbledore and Professor Snape?

Dumbledore's about 150 years old ... wizards have a longer life expectancy than us Muggles, Snape's 35 or 6.

x_hp_fan
Why make a google when you usually do it for us?? stick out tongue

Barker
.. So I don't have to? barker

srug

Syren
Originally posted by Doc Potato
Since when did it have to be a malicious murder? Dumby vanquished that dark wizard... Grindlewald or somehing, and that may have meant killing him. But not MALICIOUSLY!

I think it depends how you define the word 'murder'. Dumbledore vanquished Grindelwald. Anyone else Dumbledore may have killed would have been in self defence so it wouldn't count as intentional murder, so to speak. In order to create a Horcrux you have to kill people with evil intent, as Voldemort does.

x_hp_fan
Originally posted by Barker

srug

laughing out loud Ah, well, I'm not much of a researcher.<- is that even a word?? stick out tongue

The Phantom
Originally posted by x_hp_fan
laughing out loud Ah, well, I'm not much of a researcher.<- is that even a word?? stick out tongue I believe so.

ashle
Originally posted by Barker

srug
If you like doing it .Yes!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.