How Many Seasons Is Smallville Slated For?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SupezM'
Anyone know?

Mr Parker
Not sure but I do know its coming back for at least one after this year which I sure hope to hell is its last.The show has really gone downhill since last yaer.

Jedi Priestess
Contracted for 7 seasons, but the current thinking is that next year (season 6) will be the last.

BOPRecruit 16
in my opinion, i think season 6 should be the final season. i mean, look at the way season 5 is going so far. it's kind of crappy. the plot arcs aren't what they used to be. as in, lack of focus throughout a season. also, lois is a regular and the show doesn't show much a variety of clark's powers as they used to. anyways, plot quality is going down big time. although a few have been promising. but not by much. well, hopefully with this season and the next, get to see more of brainiac, darker lex, and maybe cameos by heroes clark will meet later in life.

Whos_Pete
Bobby, your opinion isn't shared by many people. I've enjoyed season 5 thus far and I'd like the show to keep going for as long as possible. If people don't like it, don't watch it! It doesn't have to end for any reason. Besides, there's enough crap on TV right now, one more crappy show wouldn't make any difference. At the moment though, Smallville is good.

This season is way better than the previous seasons.

NoFate007
I think season 5 was the best one yet. Finally it isn't filled with episodes that are pointless, like "uh oh, I have a date tonight with the new kid. Oh my god, he's a meteor freak, I hope Clark can save me so then next week something stupid will happen again!" The plot actually is thick now, not Dawson's Creek meets a few punches.

T.M
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Not sure but I do know its coming back for at least one after this year which I sure hope to hell is its last.The show has really gone downhill since last yaer.

Agreed this new season is getting really boring imo.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by BOPRecruit 16
in my opinion, i think season 6 should be the final season. i mean, look at the way season 5 is going so far. it's kind of crappy. the plot arcs aren't what they used to be. as in, lack of focus throughout a season. also, lois is a regular and the show doesn't show much a variety of clark's powers as they used to. anyways, plot quality is going down big time. although a few have been promising. but not by much. well, hopefully with this season and the next, get to see more of brainiac, darker lex, and maybe cameos by heroes clark will meet later in life.

good points Bop.Looks like we agree with each other about something for a change. big grin Those are all very good points on why the show has really deteriated.Glad you mentioned the part about Lois. big grin That was a horrible idea for them to bring her into the mix of the show especially as a regular. mad Now with the killing off of Jonathan Kent,they would be smart to just end the show this year.Schneiders portrayal of Jonathan Kent was one of the things that made this show so fun to watch now they have to go and kill off probably the most interesting character of the show. mad Yeah the show and the quality of the writing has really gone downhill big time.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by T.M
Agreed this new season is getting really boring imo.

glad to hear you agree with me as we.. thumb up

Jedi Priestess
What are you both nuts? Oh yes, the show has gone SO far downhill that its getting its best ratings ever?? roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) If you are going to make statements like that at least preface them with the in my opinion line because your opinion apparently isnt in the majority, otherwise this show would be on the cancellation list. doh

Whos_Pete
I agree with the butt kisser Jedi Priestess.

RoguePw25
Originally posted by Whos_Pete
I agree with the butt kisser Jedi Priestess.

You've already been warned for this. Stop member bashing. Keep it to the topic and not about individual members.

May-la-laCK
I am gonna have to agree that this season has gone down hill. But not as much as everybody say it has. It is still good. And anyone who wants this show to end must be crazy.
And since we have to stay on topic i heard that this was its last yearblowup. It makes sense cause Superman Returns is coming out this summer. And the makers of Smallville are making Superman Returns. So i have heard. So it just makes sense to end the show this year no bawling

MysteryRidah
The show will continue to 7 seasons, an 8th season who knows. Would be nice, but looks like 7 seasons.

Which is fine with me.

MysteryRidah
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Contracted for 7 seasons, but the current thinking is that next year (season 6) will be the last.

Why do you think that?

confused

May-la-laCK
Ok. So for sure there are going to be 7 seasons. Cause i read in the Newspaper. That it is going to be the last season this year. And my friends dad works there aswell and he said that this is the last season. But then again my friend is known to lie about alot of things. So i cant really trust him.
Where did you hear that there is going to be 7 seasons?

Jedi Priestess
The actors are contracted for 7 seasons not the show. I should have made that clear before. There is no guarantee that the show will last 7 seasons. As of right now its not even been confirmed that it will be moving over to the CW for Season 6. So there is nothing in stone yet. Mystery when I said that I meant the current thinking on the majority of Smallville message boards. I didn't mean that is was a fact.

T.M
What are you both nuts? Oh yes, the show has gone SO far downhill that its getting its best ratings ever?? roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) If you are going to make statements like that at least preface them with the in my opinion line because your opinion apparently isnt in the majority, otherwise this show would be on the cancellation list. doh

I did put 'imo' in my post. stick out tongue

I think that they should do 1 more season after the current then stop because I think the new Superman movies will add more to the superman franchise than Smallville.

Whos_Pete
Pointing out the obvious here:

Smallville WILL! continue through seasons 6 and 7. The ratings for this season are higher than the last, and with the incoming Superman movie, interest is going to continue to grow all the way to the end of the season. Anticipation for season 6 is going to be really high. Season 7 is highly likely. After that, who knows.

smile

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Whos_Pete
Pointing out the obvious here:

Smallville WILL! continue through seasons 6 and 7. The ratings for this season are higher than the last, and with the incoming Superman movie, interest is going to continue to grow all the way to the end of the season. Anticipation for season 6 is going to be really high. Season 7 is highly likely. After that, who knows.

smile

I think if they make it all the way to season 7, they should go with Season 8 then stop...My thinking in this is the fact they wen't through highschool, why not go 4 years of College?

Whos_Pete
Welcome back, Darthyboy!!!!

Tom Welling's career is dead anyway. He's completely typecast. He might aswell continue in the role. Here here for 8 seasons! Jollygood. Bravo.

Darth Macabre
Yeah...I've been sick.

Was he even that big of an actor before Smallville?

Whos_Pete
Well his head has always been that big.

Jedi Priestess
Smallville was his first acting job aside from a music video. He was primarily a model beforehand.

SupezM'
Personally I like season 5 so far, things that have been building up are finally starting to come into play. Less and less of the meteor freak stuff which was really getting lame in my opinion. more of the core story.

I think the show is doing good so far and with the new Superman Returns movie coming out I think the Smallville ratings will go even higher. Because a movie is being made despite how the movie does it'll bring Superman back into the limelight giving the show better ratings..

Could even see a season 8 who knows.

May-la-laCK
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Yeah...I've been sick.

No he was model before he started. I read that he has had alot of job offers but he was so busy with smallville he never did them ha rolling on floor laughing

Whos_Pete
Tom Welling is an incredibly pretty guy. Thinking about it, it's spooky just how perfect the guy looks. Can anyone list any imperfections in his appearance? I'm willing to bet money on it that people can't.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Yeah...I've been sick.

Smallville was his first acting job aside from a music video. He was primarily a model beforehand.

Originally posted by May-la-laCK
No he was model before he started. I read that he has had alot of job offers but he was so busy with smallville he never did them ha rolling on floor laughing

doh

omaga
Originally posted by SupezM'
Anyone know?

hopefully ony one more season and then........!

LordFear
It has in my opinion gone throug a decline and Clark is not embracing his alter ego very well. I mean I would like to see more of Clark in action and becoming Superman. I would like to see things get tied up instead of dragging. I am still a fan though despite that

Whos_Pete
Clark doesn't have an alter ego right now, Lord. Just an ego.

May-la-laCK
OH YEAH

May-la-laCK
oops my bad i pressed enter my mistake but anyways. OH YEAH SUPERMAN IS COMING OUT eek! but superman is coming out in the summer 2006 so yeah it wouldnt really matter if there was one more season or not haha

DarthLazious
They can't just end it with 8 seasons.

Szechwang
It's smart to stop after season 6. I know theres still people who love the plot of season 5, but most really think that the plot is running dry. I'd rather see it end with dignity, rather than get cancelled all of a sudden. And it's probably going to introduce the other core members of the "junior lifegaurd association" aka the JLA. Members we haven't had alluded yet include: Wonder Woman, Batman, Green Lantern, or Martian Manhunter.

Smallville
It wont get cancelled so long as people like me are around

May-la-laCK
Ah Men To that I WILL NEVER STOP WATCHING SMALLVILLE!!!love IT IS WAY TO GREAT TO EVEN THINK ABOUT STOPPING THIS SUPER COOL SHOW eek!

Big Sexy
Havent really watched all of season five since I only started watching 5 months ago by starting with the box sets of each season. Actually I have enjoyed it so far and I am now at the beginning of season five. Each season seems to build closer to the Superman mythos than the previous one. So far to me
season 1- introduced all the characters
Season 2- had more character development and the introduction of where clark comes from.
Season 3- Clark accepting his destiny through problems with relationships. We also see lex becoming more the version that he is know for in comics.
Season 4- The introduction of the stones and the finally finding the fortress of solitude
Season 5- The preparations for Zods coming and the death of Clarks father
Season 6- Now they have to tie up the Zod story and at least let Lana find out his secret. They also have to put a gap in the romance between Lana and Clark. Clark should definitely move on this season and forget about Lana. It would serve the mythos better if Lana was torn up about the separation form clark and not vice versa.

As far as other seasons. It depends on how the characters develop this season. If they can't make it believable for Clark to finally accept his destiny then they should have at least one more after this to do so.

May-la-laCK
Yeah Clark really should get over Lana. I mean Lana was cool and nice before like season one but then she became all bitchy and hates Clark. I dont blame her for not trusting Clark and getting pissed that hes still trying to tell her who she should and shouldnt date but still. She didnt have to be a ***** in the last one i wont say what she did cuase i dunno how to do a spoiler or w/e so yeah. I think Clark should get over Lana and start liking someone else. Not Lois yet thats to soon for that. Maybe Chole that would be so cute they would make such a cute couple...but he really should get over Lana i mean come on its been 4 years of just them making a plan of going on a date then Clark does something stupid and then she gets mad and then after a while she starts to become friends with him and then its back to the same thing. "Why cant you let me in?", "Why dont you tell me anything" blah blah blah. But i dont think Clark should tell Lana. I think Clark and Chole should start giong out and then Lana sees how not lieing Clark is with Chole and then gets all jealous then gets even madder at Clark more then she is now and then like Lana starts to get mad at Chole for giong out with him then it will be this hole big mess it would be pretty killa stick out tongue big grin

AstroFan
Paragraphs. blink

Jedi Priestess
Consider the source. laughing out loud

It's contracted through 7 seasons, but many say this year it going to be the end.

AstroFan
.................................... no expression

May-la-laCK
Hopefully not. It would make sense cause they are really running out of ideas for the show. Cause i mean the 1st and second and most of the 3rd season was about people who were infected or w/e with the green metor that was good at 1st but then it got old but then not really.. beacue if you look at it now id rather watch it about the green metor instead of watching all these superhero ones...like in season 5 there was...3 other superheros on it..there good and everything but like come 3 superheros in one season thats just stupid

AstroFan
The meteor freaks got old fast, id rather have superpowered people we already know than cheap knockoffs every week.

May-la-laCK
Well i would to but the way they do the superhero ones is boring. Like that robot guy or w/e all he wanted was to see is gf and wouldnt stop crying about it. And the Angel girl was crying cause Clark was getting in the way of her killing the person who killed her mom...the only good superhero one was the Aqumaman cause he wasnt crying about anything expect for the fish but thats what he does haha. If they made the plotline better for the Superhero ones then it would be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better then the metor freak ones

AstroFan
Hell no, the Aquaman episode was terrible, that and Thirst were the worst of the season.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by May-la-laCK
...the only good superhero one was the Aqumaman

blink Um NO. Cyborg was very good, Fishstick boy sucked..

superman41082
I think they could do it for more a few more seasons, but they're not doing enough different things. They need to get more characters involved and change things up a bit. They change things up a bit, but usually for one episode, and then everything's back to normal. Clark on the farm and everyone wondering about his secret. They need more spice and the show can go on longer.......

I do think it's cool they have The Green Arrow in a few of these episodes. He rocks........

allofyousuckkk
well, other than introducing more characters, there is really not much they can do w/o screwing up how it ties with older superman. But then again, plots do just fall out of the sky.

also, in the original superman story, was there a meteor shower or did only clark fall. Also, where did everyone in the comic get their powers?

May-la-laCK
they should come up with a new chara. like i heard superman had a lover in college in the comics of course...she was a mermaid or something they should introduce her and totally make lana jealous i want her to be jealous cause like they never made her jealous of clark and some other guy...they mad clark jealous of her and jason!! they should make her jealous!! it would be killa haha jk jk but yeah it would be sweet i just want it to happen so much...and omg i saw a perview of the new season for it and they are introducing jimmy olson its gonna be sweet jimmy is so funny haha

hermione7

Dan-El
What's crazy is that Smallville has been prevalent my entire high school career. I remember back in the 8th grade when season 1 just started up, I was excited. I wasn't a fan of Superman particularly, but I was interested to see how it would be handled. That and I liked the idea of a hero without the crazy spandex. Something realistic, in a manner of speaking.

Clark, in the show, has always been a year older than me, and I guess it kind of made me feel a bit safer when entering a new school year. I could relate to what he was going through and such. It also allowed me to look forward to another great year.

Now with show reaching its end, I wonder where that will leave me. Smallville has become a bigger part of my life. It's what got my mother and I to start bonding again, it's what kept me entertained Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and, more recently, Thursdays. It's a great coming of age show, even though I have my reservations about the filler shows.

I know part of it sounds pretty lame, but it's pretty much true. Smallville has become a part of my life, and I'll miss it when it's gone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.