Akuma vs. Sephiroth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shin_Gouken
Who will win?

Shin_Gouken
Does anyone else besides me think this would be a very close fight.

Blue nocturne
What can sephrioth do.

bean_machine
Um no not really. Is Sephiroth limited in any way?

Shin_Gouken
Hmmm... Sephiroth can't use supernova, Sin Harvest (sp?), or any sort of cheap time stopping/ slowing spells.
btw I don't know much about him other than that he's the FF7 badass

Blue nocturne
sephiroth wins.

Shin_Gouken
Any ideas on how to make it close?

green evil
Akuma wins, he can smash meteor

bean_machine
Sephiroth pwns Akuma any day

SaTsuJiN
Last I recall Sephiroth has the highest level of every spell (i.e. blizzard, cure, Life)

then theres the masamune which has really long range o_o

Tha C-Master
Bison could freeze time lol, akuma can steal chi as well, there are so many variants of akuma, that these street fighter debates, are usually just semantic debates on the sources used, unfortunately.

Thunder Fox
Sephiroth
from what remember sephiroth did have highest levels in spells and in KH he is almost impossileble to beat with out the ability second chance

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Thunder Fox
Sephiroth
from what remember sephiroth did have highest levels in spells and in KH he is almost impossileble to beat with out the ability second chance Heh, Sephiroth vs Ninetails (from Mega Man X: Command Mission) would be an interesting battle. Only problem is, I'm probably the only one who knows Ninetails's abilities.

I'm thinking Sephiroth takes this fight. He just seems more uber and versatile than any incarnation of Akuma.

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Bison could freeze time lol, akuma can steal chi as well, there are so many variants of akuma, that these street fighter debates, are usually just semantic debates on the sources used, unfortunately.

BISON COULD FREEZE TIME?! NO WHERE IN STREET FIGHTER HISTORY HAS HE DONE THAT?! IT'S THE SAME THING WITH THAT RYU SPLITTING MOUTAINS IN ALPHA THING YOU SAID,PLEASE STOP MAKING THINGS UP C-MASTER!!

Tha C-Master
This is a clear case of what I'm talking about folks. He kind of walked into that one.

Originally posted by Blue nocturne
BISON COULD FREEZE TIME?! NO WHERE IN STREET FIGHTER HISTORY HAS HE DONE THAT?! IT'S THE SAME THING WITH THAT RYU SPLITTING MOUTAINS IN ALPHA THING YOU SAID,PLEASE STOP MAKING THINGS UP C-MASTER!! Stop typing in caps please... you come off as a child.

Secondly if you don't know the different media, then you can't really argue anything. I don't cater to you, and I don't have to... And I won't. If there's one thing I hate about these threads its people who come in and play maybe one SF game, and think they are hot shit on the threads, behaving in this way is only showing your noobism. Why would I just make this stuff up, when there are TONS of SF players who understand what I am talking about and have respected my opinion a year ago? Its the same ol' arguments here... nothing new... try intelligently debating something instead of throwing tantrums like this.

Blue nocturne
This is a clear case of what I'm talking about folks. He kind of walked into that one.

Stop typing in caps please... you come off as a child.

Secondly if you don't know the different media, then you can't really argue anything. I don't cater to you, and I don't have to... And I won't. If there's one thing I hate about these threads its people who come in and play maybe one SF game, and think they are hot shit on the threads, behaving in this way is only showing your noobism. Why would I just make this stuff up, when there are TONS of SF players who understand what I am talking about and have respected my opinion a year ago? Its the same ol' arguments here... nothing new... try intelligently debating something instead of throwing tantrums like
this.

First of all I've played many sf games and nowhere ever have they done abilities like that please show or at least point out a time when these characters have displayed the abilities you've stated.

Blue nocturne
What I'm tired of is member's making abilities up for street fighter out of there asses like you...

1.Ryu splitting moutains

2.Bison freezing time

3.Ryu's hadouken hurting people's souls

Next thing I'll see is ken can fly into space right,it's annoying get your facts straight when you post it makes you seem like you don't know what your talking about.

Tha C-Master
So because you are ignorant means that I'm making things up? How about this child, Gouken was killed several times... We all know one of his killers, if you can tell me the other killer I'll be uber impressed.

What I'm tired of is member's making abilities up for street fighter out of there asses like you... Its "their", learn how to type comprehensibly. wink

I don't need to make up anything, and I haven't even claimed the victor in several matchups. I realize that many posters on this very forum are usually marvel/dc/halo fanboys and know SQUAT about SF... I don't need to make up things to win... I use logic, you should try it sometime.

1.Ryu splitting moutains All done in alpha, which goes with my original point, only 4-5 members (most post infrequently) are caught up on what they can do, on several mediums of course. Noone argued its consistency, just that it had been done. But of course people with about a 30 I.Q point difference from the reader usually have troubles comprehending points. Much less give a decent rebuttal.

2.Bison freezing time Same.

3.Ryu's hadouken hurting people's souls

Why are you making this up? Where did this occur? I know you're desperate, but this?

I hope you realize what sardonic irony is.

Next thing I'll see is ken can fly into space right,
Wrong, but akuma has made it to space.

it's annoying
Not as annoying as people who come on here and don't know their facts. I've had enough of those, that is why the forum has gone to the dogs, newbs get worse and worse.

get your facts straight
How can you validate what is straight or isn't when you are ignorant about it?

Thats like me telling you what I'm wearing, and you tell me that I am wrong? WTF

when you post it makes you seem like you don't know what your talking about. Typing like a third grader makes you come across as one. I'd suggest you ease up on the insults if you are going to type with your ass, it makes YOU look like the subordinate fool here.

Next?

I told you the media, you could at least ask nicely before you assume next time, because ASSuming makes an A-S-S out of U-M-E, mostly you though.

First of all I've played many sf games and nowhere ever have they done abilities like that please show or at least point out a time when these characters have displayed the abilities you've stated. So then how can you argue something if you don't know the media? I swear this forum has gone to the dogs. If you use games, someone uses malibu, if you use that then someone uses bio's, if you use that someone uses the film, which is the closest potrayal of their powers.

Furthermore game mechanics don't really work on fighting games and Games/vs forums, because all of the fighters are balanced out.

Blue nocturne
So because you are ignorant means that I'm making things up? How about this child, Gouken was killed several times... We all know one of his killers, if you can tell me the other killer I'll be uber impressed.

Its "their", learn how to type comprehensibly. wink

I don't need to make up anything, and I haven't even claimed the victor in several matchups. I realize that many posters on this very forum are usually marvel/dc/halo fanboys and know SQUAT about SF... I don't need to make up things to win... I use logic, you should try it sometime.

All done in alpha, which goes with my original point, only 4-5 members (most post infrequently) are caught up on what they can do, on several mediums of course. Noone argued its consistency, just that it had been done. But of course people with about a 30 I.Q point difference from the reader usually have troubles comprehending points. Much less give a decent rebuttal.

Same.

Why are you making this up? Where did this occur? I know you're desperate, but this?

I hope you realize what sardonic irony is.

Wrong, but akuma has made it to space.

Not as annoying as people who come on here and don't know their facts. I've had enough of those, that is why the forum has gone to the dogs, newbs get worse and worse.

How can you validate what is straight or isn't when you are ignorant about it?

Thats like me telling you what I'm wearing, and you tell me that I am wrong? WTF

Typing like a third grader makes you come across as one. I'd suggest you ease up on the insults if you are going to type with your ass, it makes YOU look like the subordinate fool here.

Next?

I told you the media, you could at least ask nicely before you assume next time, because ASSuming makes an A-S-S out of U-M-E, mostly you though.

So then how can you argue something if you don't know the media? I swear this forum has gone to the dogs. If you use games, someone uses malibu, if you use that then someone uses bio's, if you use that someone uses the film, which is the closest potrayal of their powers.

Furthermore game mechanics don't really work on fighting games and Games/vs forums, because all of the fighters are balanced out.

...There are many incorrect sources on the sf story, the reason why is because a while back Capcom of the usa would literally butcher the original story by making events up EX: guile and Charlie in a Cambodian prison camp was a pure fabrication.
The official story that dictates the events is available now a day's here are some sources to get you started

http://fightingstreet.com/folders/variousinfofolder/variousinfopages/streetfighterplotguide.txt

(Best faq for the story it's a collection of various sources)

If that's not enough here are some books you should buy regarding the story

-All About SF3NG The Fighting Bible (AA ssssssseries #19)
-All About SF3NG The Characters (AA Deluuuuuxxxxxxxe #2, released to preview
SF3, pretty much overshadowed by the Fighting Bible in terms of content)
-SF3NG (Gamest mook #75)
-SF3NG Fanbook (Gamest mook #81)
-SF33S Official Guidebook (from Aspect &&&&& Capcom)
-SF33S (Gamest mook #185)
-SF33S (Gamest mook #194)
-SF33S (Gamest mook #196)

Here's a picture of some of the all about books they should help

http://fightingstreet.com/folders/variousinfofolder/allaboutbooksfolder/allaboutbookspics/aa19.jpg

http://fightingstreet.com/folders/variousinfofolder/allaboutbooksfolder/allaboutbookspics/aa16.jpg

http://fightingstreet.com/folders/variousinfofolder/allaboutbooksfolder/allaboutbookspics/aa21.jpg

These are all official by the way you can check the copyright.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0973865245/002-4769385-0491200?v=glance&n=283155

This should help too

I'm sorry for coming off like such a n00b and for my grammer.

Blue nocturne
My point is anyone can post some thing in a forum but at least they should have a source to back it up and I'am fimiliar with many sf media

Blue nocturne
Now tell me where do you get your information from?

Tha C-Master
Very well, sorry for coming across how I did... Well I'm not saying all of its canon or not, because that is debatable. The mountain bursting attacks and such were mainly from the alpha movie, where alot of the characters are at high powers... and is said closest to their potrayal. Again game balance can be taken in several ways, and is up for you to decide if its useable or not, but it will be used. I don't have snapshots and whatnots however, sorry.

Blue nocturne
Very well, sorry for coming across how I did... Well I'm not saying all of its canon or not, because that is debatable. The mountain bursting attacks and such were mainly from the alpha movie, where alot of the characters are at high powers... and is said closest to their potrayal. Again game balance can be taken in several ways, and is up for you to decide if its useable or not, but it will be used. I don't have snapshots and whatnots however, sorry.

It's okay man I'm not mad at all big grin

Blue nocturne
Alot of the sources come from capcom it's self that faq is very reliable but I guess they make mistakes here and there.

Blue nocturne
the Sfer are usually toned down in the game as for why I don't know...

Tha C-Master
Alot of the sources come from capcom it's self that faq is very reliable but I guess they make mistakes here and there. Well its so inconsistant... like I said, so many media to follow.

Blue nocturne
Well its so inconsistant... like I said, so many media to follow.

Here are all the games and the year they take place

Street fighter 1 ( 1987)

Street fighter zero 2 (!988, Zero 1 got retconned by zero 2)

Street fighter zero 3 ( 1990 )

Street fighter 2 ( 1993)

Street fighter 3 double impact ( 1997 ? )

Street fighter 3 third strike ( 1999)

All these games are part of the official canon anything else doesn't count

Oh yeah final fight and Saturday night slam masters is canon.

All anime and manga are not canon all those event's aren't official
but there abilities could be since capcom said the abilities in alpha the movie are official.

shin_gear
Ryu splitting a mountain...hysterical

Gouki jumping into space. crylaugh

Bison freezing time. haermm

Ey guess what...Cloud Strife can one shot a city with an Ultima spell.

Remindme
Sephiroth > Akuma

shin_gear
Well no duh. Now I'll wait for V2D to come and tell me Super Nova is an illusion when his arguments support the belief that many other limits are illusions as well (since the reasons would apply to other limit breaks, such as Auron's tornado for instance).

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by shin_gear
Well no duh. Now I'll wait for V2D to come and tell me Super Nova is an illusion when his arguments support the belief that many other limits are illusions as well (since the reasons would apply to other limit breaks, such as Auron's tornado for instance). It's a giant fireball. big grin

Terryc250
Supernova is really a giant fireball, Bahamut is really just a flamethrower disguised as a dragon, Shiva is actually just a huge overpowered refrigerator

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Terryc250
Supernova is really a giant fireball, Bahamut is really just a flamethrower disguised as a dragon, Shiva is actually just a huge overpowered refrigerator Makes more sense then being able to continuously bust the same exact planets with a meteor that causes the sun to expand and attack the party(who wouldn't survive that btw). If he could always do that, then the entire plot of the game would be moot, he'd already be a god.

shin_gear
The same reasons I was talking about.

1. The planets keep busting in gameplay. Auron keeps tossing his bottle each time he does the tornado overdrive in gameplay, when in actuality he carries one bottle with him. Tornado is an illusion now. Lulu always happens to have a spare blitzball for Tidus to kick while doing Blitz Ace in gameplay. Blitz Ace is also an illusion.

2. The party couldn't survive it, no doubt. Many moves cannot be survived by a cast either, ones that are unavoidable as well, such as the attack in VIII where a boss grabs three planets and smash them on the cast. It's an ability. It did not happen for the sake of happy endings. This is not hard to understand.

3. Seifer Sephiroth was seraphic (celestial, relating to a seraph etc. the name Sephiroth was based on the Sephirot, or Sephirah which are the ten commandments of the Hebrew god created through which he can manifest not only the physical but the metaphysical universe.) Gods are defeatable, big deal. We don't know how the cast overcame Seifer Sephiroth to use his loss against him. We do know that if his most powerful move is an illusion, then all other moves that can be considered illusions for the same reasons are also, which of course is dumb.

Violent2Dope

1. The planets keep busting in gameplay. Auron keeps tossing his bottle each time he does the tornado overdrive in gameplay, when in actuality he carries one bottle with him. Tornado is an illusion now. Lulu always happens to have a spare blitzball for Tidus to kick while doing Blitz Ace in gameplay. Blitz Ace is also an illusion.

2. The party couldn't survive it, no doubt. Many moves cannot be survived by a cast either, ones that are unavoidable as well, such as the attack in VIII where a boss grabs three planets and smash them on the cast. It's an ability. It did not happen for the sake of happy endings. This is not hard to understand.

3. Seifer Sephiroth was seraphic (celestial, relating to a seraph etc. the name Sephiroth was based on the Sephirot, or Sephirah which are the ten commandments of the Hebrew god created through which he can manifest not only the physical but the metaphysical universe.) Gods are defeatable, big deal. We don't know how the cast overcame Seifer Sephiroth to use his loss against him. We do know that if his most powerful move is an illusion, then all other moves that can be considered illusions for the same reasons are also, which of course is dumb. It's not an illusion, its a giant fireball. Seph in AC could do nothing like busting planets and making a sun supernova, yet he is somehow more powerful. Seph himself could not survive a supernova either.

shin_gear
AC Sephiroth is not confirmed to be more powerful than Seifer Sephiroth. You could tell this by reading the KH versus AC Sephiroth thread. The one making the claim used the fact that an interview based on Advent Children with it saying at one point that there was nothing above Sephiroth (not even mentioning in what way) as proof that AC Sephiroth > Seifer Sephiroth which is false. It did not make that statement directly and is obviously speculation. About Sephiroth not surviving a Super Nova, I mean I guess there's no point in showing Sephiroth engulfing himself in his own attack. It's his own spell. Why would he not make himself invulerable to it? erm

Terryc250
Who knows wut AC Sephiroth is capable of,

anyway yes the same exact planets re-appear, in other summons the same grounds re-appear even after they get destroyed as well, no they cannot survive that heat, neither can those shinra soliders survive multiple slahes from braver, and shots from barretts guns, but they all can in GAMEPLAY

ThoraxeRMG
Ryu splitting a mountain...hysterical

Gouki jumping into space. crylaugh

Bison freezing time. haermm

Ey guess what...Cloud Strife can one shot a city with an Ultima spell.

Sephiroth's spit blowing up half a planet.

haermm

Sol Valentine
Chun-Li's legs can one shot a multiverse

Violent2Dope
AC Sephiroth is not confirmed to be more powerful than Seifer Sephiroth. You could tell this by reading the KH versus AC Sephiroth thread. The one making the claim used the fact that an interview based on Advent Children with it saying at one point that there was nothing above Sephiroth (not even mentioning in what way) as proof that AC Sephiroth > Seifer Sephiroth which is false. It did not make that statement directly and is obviously speculation. About Sephiroth not surviving a Super Nova, I mean I guess there's no point in showing Sephiroth engulfing himself in his own attack. It's his own spell. Why would he not make himself invulerable to it? erm No, phail. It was stated he reached a higher level of existence and strength. As for making himself invulnerable to it, Vincent if he put his gun to his chin and pulled the trigger would still die, same with anything else, what makes you think he can do it with that one attack.

Hannibal-Lector

3. Seifer Sephiroth was seraphic (celestial, relating to a seraph etc. the name Sephiroth was based on the Sephirot, or Sephirah which are the ten commandments of the Hebrew god created through which he can manifest not only the physical but the metaphysical universe.) Gods are defeatable, big deal. We don't know how the cast overcame Seifer Sephiroth to use his loss against him. We do know that if his most powerful move is an illusion, then all other moves that can be considered illusions for the same reasons are also, which of course is dumb.

1 blitzace isnt considered an illusion... and its not just Lulu (depending on who u have in your party..) Who says they dont retrieve it as easy as wakka gets his back...
2. Greater attracter was actually to be taken litterally since it was in a time condensed demesion where ultimacia made the rules and had the power of all sorceresses, the team surviving it of course is PIS.
3. Its not seifer sephiroth... seifer was in ff8, Safer (english) or Seraph (actual translatoin from Jap version). It must be taken in to account that the people you play as are by no means "normal people" so when they survive planet crushing stuff and what not, its just like any superhero in comics being hit by a nuke; some survive, some dont. Supernova isnt suppose to be taken literally since if he could blow up earth he wouldnt bother with meteor... Of course, when you acquire things such as KOTR in that game, that doesnt happen in the canon story line. The farthest you get is Bahamut Zero by story line and no defeating of WEAPONS (thus no ultima weapon) by story line at least... Sephiroth (although their is a religion worshiping him) has not yet obtained godhood in the end of FF7 original which he seeks. He does however, reach "mortal perfection" hence the celestrial rose symbol behind him and his rather angelic appearance.

On topic now, even if akuma could destory his physical body (which he cant) Sephiroths will exists on and would eventually reform. but even without that Sephiroth takes this within probably 1-2 seconds

Violent2Dope
I agree with most points, but Seph is not having an easy fight.

SHM
AC Sephiroth is not confirmed to be more powerful than Seifer Sephiroth. You could tell this by reading the KH versus AC Sephiroth thread. The one making the claim used the fact that an interview based on Advent Children with it saying at one point that there was nothing above Sephiroth (not even mentioning in what way) as proof that AC Sephiroth > Seifer Sephiroth which is false. It did not make that statement directly and is obviously speculation. About Sephiroth not surviving a Super Nova, I mean I guess there's no point in showing Sephiroth engulfing himself in his own attack. It's his own spell. Why would he not make himself invulerable to it? erm

I already explained that. Goddess Minerva and Omega Weapon are gods. They are exactly what Sephiroth wanted to be in FFVII. And he is equal to them, because nothing is above him.
So, if Kitase and Nomura were talking about Safer, that means he was already a god, and he wouldn't need Meteor in the first place.
They were talking about AC Sephiroth, that's obvious.

About Safer Sephiroth. His name IS Safer. Not Seraph.
Safer Sephiroth = Book of Numbers

Super Nova exist. But the comet destroying the solar system is an illusion. We don't know what the attack really looks like, because we never saw it outside of the illusion.

About the fight. Sephiroth is in the level of Omega and Minerva, that "have power over the"/"can be considered the living incarnation of the" planet itself. He is in a completely different league than Akuma. He wins.

Violent2Dope
Gouki has feats to put him on Seph's level, like destroying an island, splitting a mountain, traveling entire landmasses in an instant, and hacky sacking a submarine at the bottom of the ocean.

SHM
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Gouki has feats to put him on Seph's level, like destroying an island, splitting a mountain, traveling entire landmasses in an instant, and hacky sacking a submarine at the bottom of the ocean.

From what I heard, these feats aren't cannon.

And Sephiroth can move a planet across the universe after destroying it. Can create warriors and monsters in the level of Yazoo, loz, and Kadaj, or above them. Can hold back a spell powerful enough to kill all the human race, and fight against Avalanche, in the same time.

Sephiroth, Minerva, and Omega are "planet destroyers". Even if these feats you showed are cannon, Akuma is not in their level.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by SHM
From what I heard, these feats aren't cannon.

And Sephiroth can move a planet across the universe after destroying it. Can create warriors and monsters in the level of Yazoo, loz, and Kadaj, or above them. Can hold back a spell powerful enough to kill all the human race, and fight against Avalanche, in the same time.

Sephiroth, Minerva, and Omega are "planet destroyers". Even if these feats you showed are cannon, Akuma is not in their level. They are canon. Seph mova a planet? Big deal, not a combat feat. Create warriors? No he can't, he didn't make them, they were pre-existing Seph clones. And once again, not a combat feat. Holding back Holy? NOT A COMBAT FEAT. If you fight against Avalanche and you lose, it's not much of a feat.

Seph is not a planet destroyer, I would like you to prove that.

SHM
They are canon. Seph mova a planet? Big deal, not a combat feat. Create warriors? No he can't, he didn't make them, they were pre-existing Seph clones. And once again, not a combat feat. Holding back Holy? NOT A COMBAT FEAT. If you fight against Avalanche and you lose, it's not much of a feat.

Seph is not a planet destroyer, I would like you to prove that.

Can you(and some other people in this forum) stop with this bulls*it about "not a combat feat"? So in a vs thread with Galactus, will you say that he can't devour the planet and kill his adversary in the procces, just because "devouring a planet" is not a combat feat?! Oh come on!

Sephiroth can destroy a planet, because Omega and Minerva can do that. And "there is nothing stronger, nothing above him(Sephiroth)" in FFVII. Ah, and he have his own fuc*ing Lifestream.

And no, Yazoo, Loz, and Kadaj aren't Sephiroth clones. Seph clones are people from Nibelheim injected with J-cells, to make them go to the Reunion and prove Hojo's theory.
Yazoo, Loz, and Kadaj are spirit bodies formed of the Negative Lifestream created by Sephiroth. The same for the Shadow Creepers they summoned during the movie. It's all explained in the Reunion Files and presented in the movie(a good example, is Kadaj returning to his original form(Lifestream) after Sephiroth was defeated and Aerith's rain was falling).

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by SHM
Can you(and some other people in this forum) stop with this bulls*it about "not a combat feat"? So in a vs thread with Galactus, will you say that he can't devour the planet and kill his adversary in the procces, just because "devouring a planet" is not a combat feat?! Oh come on!

Sephiroth can destroy a planet, because Omega and Minerva can do that. And "there is nothing stronger, nothing above him(Sephiroth)" in FFVII. Ah, and he have his own fuc*ing Lifestream.

And no, Yazoo, Loz, and Kadaj aren't Sephiroth clones. Seph clones are people from Nibelheim injected with J-cells, to make them go to the Reunion and prove Hojo's theory.
Yazoo, Loz, and Kadaj are spirit bodies formed of the Negative Lifestream created by Sephiroth. The same for the Shadow Creepers they summoned during the movie. It's all explained in the Reunion Files and presented in the movie(a good example, is Kadaj returning to his original form(Lifestream) after Sephiroth was defeated and Aerith's rain begun to fall). 1. That is a combat feat. The things you said aren't.

2. Flawed logic. DBZ characters can destroy a planet, Superman cannot, but Supes would still wipe his ass with Goku due to other attributes he trumps him in. Unless you can prove Seph can bust a planet, it's all speculation.

3. Alright, fair enough, but still won't help in this fight.

Gouki has what it takes to fight Seph.

SHM
1. That is a combat feat. The things you said aren't.

If "devouring a planet" is a combat feat, than "destroying a planet and moving it across the universe" is a combat feat.

I didn't say he can bust a planet. How will he use it as a vessel to travel the cosmos, if the planet is not there anymore?
He can destroy the surface of it, transform it in a dead vessel. That's what his plan during AC and the two years between the movie and FFVII, was all about. That's what he was doing, when he made the Lifestream cover the sky in the final battle, and descend it to earth in the form of tendrils.

Talking about "other attributes", Seph can turn intangible, fly, create illusions, protect himself with a barrier that I doubt Akuma can destroy, and many other things. His versatility give him another advantage in this battle.

How it won't help?! Creating warriors and monsters to fight with him, will help.

If he is playing around like he did with Cloud then yes, Gouki has what it takes to fight Seph.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by SHM
If "devouring a planet" is a combat feat, than "destroying a planet and moving it across the universe" is a combat feat.

I didn't say he can bust a planet. How will he use it as a vessel to travel the cosmos, if the planet is not there anymore?
He can destroy the surface of it, transform it in a dead vessel. That's what his plan during AC and the two years between the movie and FFVII, was all about. That's what he was doing, when he made the Lifestream cover the sky in the final battle, and descend it to earth in the form of tendrils.

Talking about "other attributes", Seph can turn intangible, fly, create illusions, protect himself with a barrier that I doubt Akuma can destroy, and many other things. His versatility give him another advantage in this battle.

How it won't help?! Creating warriors and monsters to fight with him, will help.

If he is playing around like he did with Cloud then yes, Gouki has what it takes to fight Seph. 1. Which took years to do.

2. Years to do.

3. Gouki can turn intangible, kinda fly, teleport, fire Hadoukens, use ki with his attacks, use a punch to sink an island, destroy a submarine with a kick, split a mountain with a punch, among others. This fight is closer than you think. Oh, and as for that barrier, what would Seph do to Gouki from the inside?

4. No proof he can instantly do it.

5. Gouki would murk Cloud. If Seph plays around Gouki kills him.

SHM
1. Which took years to do.

2. Years to do.

3. Gouki can turn intangible, kinda fly, teleport, fire Hadoukens, use ki with his attacks, use a punch to sink an island, destroy a submarine with a kick, split a mountain with a punch, among others. This fight is closer than you think. Oh, and as for that barrier, what would Seph do to Gouki from the inside?

4. No proof he can instantly do it.

5. Gouki would murk Cloud. If Seph plays around Gouki kills him.

1, 2. It doesn't matter. We are using his AC version right? Then his Lifestream already exists and he can use it to destroy the planet, or attack Akuma from all sides.

3. Akuma can't fly. Show me when he turns intangible. What can he do if Seph immobilise him with telekinesis and attack him in the next second with everything he have?

About the barrier, he could summon an army of beasts and/or warriors to fight for him, while he is inside the barrier enjoying the show. Or just throw one of his arms against Akuma, create the barrier, and use Jenova's shapeshifting ability to transform his arm in a giant monster full of magic spells, like he did in the game(because Jenova's body in FFVII, and his body in AC, are the same).

4. The monsters and the three brothers are formed from a small portion of the Negative Lifestream. Sephiroth summoned ALL of it in one or two seconds. And Kadaj and his brothers were summoning monsters instantly during all the movie.

5. I disagree.

Superboy Prime
Er...V2D...Supes can destroy planets. Using his speed alone he split one of Jupiter's moon.

In any case...I agree with Gouki giving Seph a hell of a fight.

shin_gear
I've heard somewhere that Safer Sephiroth was a mistranslation of Seifer Sephiroth. Makes more sense to me to call him that, Safer Sephiroth is meaningless and strange.

I didn't understand your points fully Hannibal, but I understood most of it. Still assuming that SN is an illusion opens up a whole rack of theories that other attacks are illusions as well (such as Eden's attack for instance) and seriously, Sephiroth not then bothering with meteor...I mean, did he bother with it when he became S.S.?

Superboy Prime
Why would he bother about meteor? He just needed meteor to kill the planet. Why would he have to worry about it, yo?

shin_gear
...has someone bothered to use something to accomplish a goal, and at the end achieved something even greater? Yes. I think this would be the case.

Wait a minute, he wanted to use meteor so that he can absorb the lifestream, not to "destroy" the planet. I'm not sure if he gained the lifestream when he was S.S., otherwise he would have become what is considered a "god" by the FF7 creators. I think SN would be part of his attacks (and again, the whole illusion theory is flawed with so many mistakes).

Superboy Prime
I didn't say destroy the planet. All he wanted was to kill the planet. Remember that in FF7 the planets are actually alive.

SHM

Terryc250
Sephiroth is on a whole different level then Gouki, he stomps him

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by SHM
1, 2. It doesn't matter. We are using his AC version right? Then his Lifestream already exists and he can use it to destroy the planet, or attack Akuma from all sides.

3. Akuma can't fly. Show me when he turns intangible. What can he do if Seph immobilise him with telekinesis and attack him in the next second with everything he have?

About the barrier, he could summon an army of beasts and/or warriors to fight for him, while he is inside the barrier enjoying the show. Or just throw one of his arms against Akuma, create the barrier, and use Jenova's shapeshifting ability to transform his arm in a giant monster full of magic spells, like he did in the game(because Jenova's body in FFVII, and his body in AC, are the same).

4. The monsters and the three brothers are formed from a small portion of the Negative Lifestream. Sephiroth summoned ALL of it in one or two seconds. And Kadaj and his brothers were summoning monsters instantly during all the movie.

5. I disagree. 1. When was it stated he could instantly do this? Never, you are assuming.

2. He turns intangible with the Asura Senku I think it's called, which also lets him kinda fly I think. Seph can't TK people to immobilize him, hell, there's not even any real proof he has TK.

3. Those army of beasts or warriors would be punked by Gouki, oh, and if he changes one of his arms into a Jenova monster, it will weaken Seph, and the monster will die btw, one arm is not sufficient to kill Gouki. Also, when did Seph do this? The Seph we see do it in FFVII was made of parts of Jenova.

4. Kay. I hope you do realise said brothers and monsters would be punked by Gouki.

5. I don't care.

SHM
1. When was it stated he could instantly do this? Never, you are assuming.

2. He turns intangible with the Asura Senku I think it's called, which also lets him kinda fly I think. Seph can't TK people to immobilize him, hell, there's not even any real proof he has TK.

3. Those army of beasts or warriors would be punked by Gouki, oh, and if he changes one of his arms into a Jenova monster, it will weaken Seph, and the monster will die btw, one arm is not sufficient to kill Gouki. Also, when did Seph do this? The Seph we see do it in FFVII was made of parts of Jenova.

4. Kay. I hope you do realise said brothers and monsters would be punked by Gouki.

5. I don't care.

1. He can't instantly destroy the planet, but he can instantly summon the Negative Lifestream to attack anyone he wants. Like he made it "attack" the planet, in the form of tendrils.
Did you watch AC?

2. Yeah, Seph cannot TK people.

Did you play FFVII?

About intangibility, do you know a place where I can watch(or read the explanation about) the Asura Senku? Because I don't remember him doing that, and in all debates about Akuma that I had in my life, no one ever said he can turn intangible. This is the first time I'm hearing this.

3. Sooner or later, Akuma will be tired. Principally if Seph summons warriors in the same level of Kadaj or Yazoo or Loz, again, again and again. And even if Akuma defeat them easily, they will help Seph, because of the distraction factor.

About Seph's body, I already explained this in another thread. Kadaj(a spirit body) drunk the Jenova cells inside the box, and they multiplyed and shapeshifted in Seph's appearance.
Seph' body in the movie and Jenova's body in FFVII are exactly the same: A body composed of 100% J-cells.

4. Read the first paragraph of answer number 3.

Seriously, if Sephiroth is feeling lazy, he turns intangible with a thought and create his super barrier(above city-busting attacks) with another thought(or vice-versa), summon the Negative Lifestream and destroy Akuma, or the entire planet.

Of course.

Akuma is a martial artist/demon, with power to destroy an island and splitt a mountain. Sephiroth is basically the evolution of an alien parasite, with power to use a planet to travel the universe and destroy other planets(the explanation of why he never did that, is because he "weakened" himself to fight against a weaker enemy(Cloud), and lost to his own arrogance... Exactly what happened with Pyron, for example).

Yeah I agree with you, Sephiroth is in a completely different level than Akuma. That's obvious.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by SHM
1. He can't instantly destroy the planet, but he can instantly summon the Negative Lifestream to attack anyone he wants. Like he made it "attack" the planet, in the form of tendrils.
Did you watch AC?

2. Yeah, Seph cannot TK people.

Did you play FFVII?

About intangibility, do you know a place where I can watch(or read the explanation about) the Asura Senku? Because I don't remember him doing that, and in all debates about Akuma that I had in my life, no one ever said he can turn intangible. This is the first time I'm hearing this.

3. Sooner or later, Akuma will be tired. Principally if Seph summons warriors in the same level of Kadaj or Yazoo or Loz, again, again and again. And even if Akuma defeat them easily, they will help Seph, because of the distraction factor.

About Seph's body, I already explained this in another thread. Kadaj(a spirit body) drunk the Jenova cells inside the box, and they multiplyed and shapeshifted in Seph's appearance.
Seph' body in the movie and Jenova's body in FFVII are exactly the same: A body composed of 100% J-cells.

4. Read the first paragraph of answer number 3.

Seriously, if Sephiroth is feeling lazy, he turns intangible with a thought and create his super barrier(above city-busting attacks) with another thought(or vice-versa), summon the Negative Lifestream and destroy Akuma, or the entire planet.

Of course.

Akuma is a martial artist/demon, with power to destroy an island and splitt a mountain. Sephiroth is basically the evolution of an alien parasite, with power to use a planet to travel the universe and destroy other planets(the explanation of why he never did that, is because he "weakened" himself to fight against a weaker enemy(Cloud), and lost to his own arrogance... Exactly what happened with Pyron, for example).

Yeah I agree with you, Sephiroth is in a completely different level than Akuma. That's obvious. 1. Can't remember that part. Prove it.

2. Kay, he has some limited TK, I admit that. But Gouki is strong enough to resist most likely, and can avoid it altogether with Asura Senku. Oh, and he did not TK the top of the Shinra building, no real proof of that.

3. Then those people have poor knowledge on Gouki. Go youtube any SF video with Gouki, he is shown to be intangible while using it, and floats across the ground. Also, his Misogi is a tele as well, and if it hit Seph would debilitate him.

4. I still don't think he could instantly summon powerful people like Loz, Yazoo, or Kadaj instantly, those weak ass monsters sure, but not them. Gouki can kill most of them with a powered up Gou Hadouken.

5. A'ight, makes sense.

6. What is stopping Gouki from going in the barrier via Asura Senku? Exactly.

7. Don't compare Pyron and Sephiroth, hell don't even compare Sephiroth with Demitri(Guy who beat weakened Pyron) either. Gouki constantly weakens his power, and WINS.

EDIT: Btw, I do think Seph wins, just not in a stomp.

Terryc250
Akuma is just a martial artist he is NO DEMON, hes a martial artist who became obsessed with the dark hadou, and followed the path of murderous intent, he is still a human, not a demon.

SHM
V2D, in AC Seph summons the Lifestream and speaks with Cloud. After that, they "fly" against each other, and their swords clash. The scene changes and we can see the tendrils of Negative Lifestream descending.

About his TK, he was doing it with all Avalanche. And it wasn't even his full TK powers, because he was using part of his mental powers to hold back the most powerful spell in the world.
And you said Gouki is strong enough to resist Seph's TK... Can you prove it?

About the Asura Senku and Sephiroth's barrier:

Even as Cloud and the others fought to find a way to break into the Northern Crater on the surface, she continued to travel through the Lifestream, trying to find some tear in Sephiroth's barrier or some opening that would let her free the suppressed Holy. But she found none. Having fully unveiled Jenova's powers, Sephiroth was firmly protecting the Crater that was going to become his cocoon, especially from any forms of approach by the Lifestream. By doing so, he could avoid the will of the Planet that had grown wary of Jenova for all these years and, hide from the eyes of the Weapons that were born to expel any foreign bodies from the Planet.

Like you can see, not even the souls of the Lifestream(like Aerith) can go through his barrier. Akuma's intangibility means nothing.

And I think Sephiroth and Pyron are a good comparison, because their situations are the same. Both weakened themselves to fight weaker enemies and lost because of that.

Seph create the barrier and/or immobilize Akuma with TK, summons the Lifestream, destroy the world, and The End.

Akuma is not in his level, really.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by SHM
V2D, in AC Seph summons the Lifestream and speaks with Cloud. After that, they "fly" against each other, and their swords clash. The scene changes and we can see the tendrils of Negative Lifestream descending.

About his TK, he was doing it with all Avalanche. And it wasn't even his full TK powers, because he was using part of his mental powers to hold back the most powerful spell in the world.
And you said Gouki is strong enough to resist Seph's TK... Can you prove it?

About the Asura Senku and Sephiroth's barrier:

Even as Cloud and the others fought to find a way to break into the Northern Crater on the surface, she continued to travel through the Lifestream, trying to find some tear in Sephiroth's barrier or some opening that would let her free the suppressed Holy. But she found none. Having fully unveiled Jenova's powers, Sephiroth was firmly protecting the Crater that was going to become his cocoon, especially from any forms of approach by the Lifestream. By doing so, he could avoid the will of the Planet that had grown wary of Jenova for all these years and, hide from the eyes of the Weapons that were born to expel any foreign bodies from the Planet.

Like you can see, not even the souls of the Lifestream(like Aerith) can go through his barrier. Akuma's intangibility means nothing.

And I think Sephiroth and Pyron are a good comparison, because their situations are the same. Both weakened themselves to fight weaker enemies and lost because of that.

Seph create the barrier and/or immobilize Akuma with TK, summons the Lifestream, destroy the world, and The End.

Akuma is not in his level, really. 1. Kay, I will take your word for it. I'm too fvckin lazy to search Youtube right now.

2. Hold on right there, it was his WILL that was holding back Holy, not his TK, Seph is stated to have a very strong will, and in that state(in the crystal), he could do things from across the globe by willing it. Also, Asura Senku can still avoid it.

3. Too bad the Lifestream(which is perty much what she was) is not intangible, no proof Asura Senku will not work.

4. No, Seph was just arrogant, Pyron fvcked himself over in every way.

I. He was also arrogant.

II. Demitri wields powerful magic, which is second only to the power of love and friendship(LOL) in terms of plot powers, and defies scientific powers like Pyron's cosmic power.

III. Pyron LITERALLY weakened his body before fighting the Darkstalkers to "conform to terrestrial(planetary) combat, he pretty much became a super uberfied human.

There is a big difference between the situations.

5. Barrier and TK can be avoided via Asura Senku like I said, and he cannot instantly destroy the world.

6. I disagree, they are very close in terms of combat.

Terryc250
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9797/finalfantasyviiadventchhl4.jpg

SHM
V2D, TK and willpower are connected. It's all about mental strength. Seph wasn't using his full mental strength because of Holy.

And Asura Senku can't avoid the barrier and TK, that's pure speculation. How you know his intangibility can penetrate a magic barrier? Why you believe his TK will not work on an intangible body(TK is not a physical attack, so intangibility means nothing)?

What we have here, is a character with two abilities(TK and magic barrier), vs another character who, from what I know, never showed resistence against these abilities or a way of overcoming them.

TK and/or magic barrier and/or Negative Lifestream/magic spells. This is all Seph needs to win.

Superboy Prime
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9797/finalfantasyviiadventchhl4.jpg

rip Gouki weep

shin_gear
Lmao, I'm so profiling that. I'm also putting it in Sephiroth's respect thread. 313

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by SHM
V2D, TK and willpower are connected. It's all about mental strength. Seph wasn't using his full mental strength because of Holy.

And Asura Senku can't avoid the barrier and TK, that's pure speculation. How you know his intangibility can penetrate a magic barrier? Why you believe his TK will not work on an intangible body(TK is not a physical attack, so intangibility means nothing)?

What we have here, is a character with two abilities(TK and magic barrier), vs another character who, from what I know, never showed resistence against these abilities or a way of overcoming them.

TK and/or magic barrier and/or Negative Lifestream/magic spells. This is all Seph needs to win. 1. Yeah, but like I also said, Seph was at a heightened state of awareness in that form.

2. TK is an attack to manipulate the PHYSICAL realm. Asura Senku goes thru things, why won't it go thru a barrier? And also, what will TK do to an intangible body? Throw him thru anything it touches.

3. Kay. Gouki has Shun Goku Satsu, which if it hits, WILL one shot Seph.

4. Nope.

Terryc250
Shun Goku Satsu is slow and doesnt even go far, Akuma cant even dream of hitting sephiroth with that, Seph flies around with a 7 foot sword that he swings around like it weighs as much as a feather

Violent2Dope
Shun Goku Satsu is slow and doesnt even go far, Akuma cant even dream of hitting sephiroth with that, Seph flies around with a 7 foot sword that he swings around like it weighs as much as a feather I said IF he could. Also, Misogi is an instant attack, Gouki teles above his opponent and gives a powerful thundering(literally) chop to the opponent. Seph could not shrug this off easily. I do think he would win, just not with ease.

Terryc250
Sephiroth has an attack where he swings his sword really fast and cuts off his opponents head, Gouki cant shrug that off easily either.

Violent2Dope
Sephiroth has an attack where he swings his sword really fast and cuts off his opponents head, Gouki cant shrug that off easily either. Is that really the best you can muster? Gouki is fast enough to travel landmasses quickly with Asura Senku, which also makes him intangible.

Remindme
Sephiroth whips Akuma with his hair, catches Akuma in the eyes with it, causing him to go blind. Sephiroh's long hair FTW stick out tongue

Sol Valentine
His hair is like........

GODLY!!!!!

Violent2Dope
No, phail. Gouki's hair made it into a Mortal Kombat game, can Seph say the same? No.

Terryc250
Is that really the best you can muster? Gouki is fast enough to travel landmasses quickly with Asura Senku, which also makes him intangible.
Show me when Gouki has travelled more then 20 feet with that? Sephiroth with his arm extended with his sword is about 10 feet already lol

Violent2Dope
Show me when Gouki has travelled more then 20 feet with that? Sephiroth with his arm extended with his sword is about 10 feet already lol Kay, lemme find it.

Remindme
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
His hair is like........

GODLY!!!!!

Yeah it is....he never washes it but it's so clean it gleams stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.