The Runner vs Sundipped Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Who wins

Runners bio http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/runnerelder.htm

JOE NUNEZ
well perhaps when superman becomes 5 billion years old , then and only then will i give him the benefit of the doubt.Its just that runner played with surfer.

JOE NUNEZ
it wasn't even fair.

Mider
how fast is runner exactly faster then thought?

JohnR
The Runner should win more often than not.

the Darkone
The Runner runs at warp-speed and just as strong as the champion and a good fighter also. TheRunner is a elder one of the most powerful, he kill superman in 30 sec.

Draco69
Wholly depends on how much Superman is sundipped. 5 minutes or 5 hundred years? Which is why I hate Sundipped Superman threads. It's like Charged Cell Phone Threads. How long was it charged? How empty was the battery?

Sixth_Winged
Superman needs to at least be sundipped for several hundred years to stand a chance w/o PIS here.

If he's dundipped for just around 5 minutes or so.

He dies with a smile on his face considering that's Runners other power, which is to make everyone around joyful.

GODSCRIBE
Runner wins every time.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
Runner wins every time.

Hawkeye has beaten Elders. smile

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Hawkeye has beaten Elders. smile

Batman has beaten Superman

smile

Sir Whirlysplat
Batman has beaten Superman

smile

With Kryptonite his weakness, Hawkeye used an Arrow!

GODSCRIBE
With Kryptonite his weakness, Hawkeye used an Arrow!

Superman still went down!

smile

Sir Whirlysplat
Superman still went down!

smile

As did the Collector.

You probably don't realise this as you don't read DC, but supes is a being of prime importance to the Universe in DCU it's unlikely the empathic powers of Runner would affect supes much.

GODSCRIBE
As did the Collector.

Yoou probably don't realise this as you don't read DC but supes is a being of prime importance to the Universe in DCU it's unlikely the empathic powers of Runner woould affect supes much.

That's the Collector, not Runner. And actually I do read DC. Ask your friend Juggernaut6666. smile

And Runner doesn't need empathic abilities to beat Supes.

Cosmic awareness, matter manipulation and the power cosmic should do the trick.

Sir Whirlysplat
That's the Collector, not Runner. And actually I do read DC. Ask your friend Juggernaut6666. smile

I want to ask you a simple question, how come 4 comics + a month plus other appearences. An unbroken monthly comic for 67 years. The neverending battle still goes on. How the hell do you think anyone is going to beat Superman. He even comes back from the Dead and wrestles Angels!

JOE NUNEZ
or ubber strengh.....

Sir Whirlysplat

He doesn't have power cosmic he uses the power primordial. As do all elders roll eyes (sarcastic) you Marvel boys no

GODSCRIBE
I waant to ask you a simple question, how come 4 comics + a month plus other appearences. An unbroken monthly comic for 67 years. The neverending battle still goes on. How the hell do you think anyone is going to beat Superman. He even comes back from the Dead and wrestles Angels!

Well Runner is Immortal and can't die..and has resitance on par with the likes of Thanos/Odin.

Superman stalemates him at best. And the Collector is shook of Runner.

Infinity gauntlet, remember?

GODSCRIBE
He doesn't have power cosmic he uses the power primordial. As do all elders roll eyes (sarcastic) you Marvel boys no

shifty

i see youve done your research.

Sir Whirlysplat
shifty

i see youve done your research.

I have an extensive comics collection dating back 31 years!

GODSCRIBE
got to be careful with you then.

shifty

soleran30
I want to ask you a simple question, how come 4 comics + a month plus other appearences. An unbroken monthly comic for 67 years. The neverending battle still goes on. How the hell do you think anyone is going to beat Superman. He even comes back from the Dead and wrestles Angels!

Yup a bit ridiculous runner should win but not in a battle

Sir Whirlysplat

GODSCRIBE
especially when you can download em for free shifty

Sir Whirlysplat
especially when you can download em for free shifty

It's not the same Tanleer the Collector could explain it to you. wink I love comics not
computer files.

UniOmni
Whirly, what do his sales have to do with this battle?? If thats the case, then Batman has the Man of Steel beat, going by his sales, minus the years he didn't exist yet. Oh, and Runner wins. But that mumbojumbo about Superman being integral to the DCU is kinda why i see Marvels space arena to be much more lifelike. DCU makes it seem like the universe revolves around Superman, DC Earth, and were he to stop living, the DCU would end or mourn forever, but Marvel makes it feel much more universal imo. Small pieces of one big whole, that were they to die or not exist nemore, the universe will continue on without a blink.What did the DCU do before Superman?? Thats what i wish DC would think about. It just seems like it starts and ends with Superman. Thats not universal. Thats centered. I ken that he is the first superhero technically, but he shouldn't imo be the end all. Thats shortchanging the universe they created.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by UniOmni
Whirly, what do his sales have to do with this battle?? If thats the case, then Batman has the Man of Steel beat, going by his sales, minus the years he didn't exist yet. Oh, and Runner wins. But that mumbojumbo about Superman being integral to the DCU is kinda why i see Marvels space arena to be much more lifelike. DCU makes it seem like the universe revolves around Superman, DC Earth, and were he to stop living, the DCU would end or mourn forever, but Marvel makes it feel much more universal imo. Small pieces of one big whole, that were they to die or not exist nemore, the universe will continue on without a blink.What did the DCU do before Superman?? Thats what i wish DC would think about. It just seems like it starts and ends with Superman. Thats not universal. Thats centered. I ken that he is the first superhero technically, but he shouldn't imo be the end all. Thats shortchanging the universe they created.

Marvels Space Arena more realistic roll eyes (sarcastic) hmmm, let me think, Hawkeye beats the collector. Galactus dies becomes a star and unleases a destroyer. Abstracts everywhere that often make each other redundant e.g. Phoenix. So many people have an integral role in the Marvel universe from Reed Richards to Mantis. Marvel has it's cosmic retconn of the week. I really don't think you have a point here. In regards to sales, thats not the point - history is, in 67 years Supes has never been properly beaten, his even comeback from the dead and wrestled angels. He always finds a way to win. So until he has a win : loss record like the elders.........

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock

soleran30
However the writers like to extrapolate the runner from a power stand point should beat SM stupid writers be damned Whirlysmile

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by soleran30
However the writers like to extrapolate the runner from a power stand point should beat SM stupid writers be damned Whirlysmile

Remember He beat Surfer, because the Surfers energy based powers did not work on him and Surfer and he fought hand to hand. If the fight is in this Scenario wink Supes owns him in strength. He is physically well above the Surfer. The only reason Surfer could beat Supes is Kryptonite or Red Sun radiation. The Power Primordial can be used for this although no evidence that the Runner can use it in this way exists. Hand to Hand Sundipped smile

UniOmni
Whirly, either you are too obtuse to recognize my point, or are deliberate in your ignorance, you missed the message. I wasn't talking about low showings in fights. Thats not the point of my post. My realistic view point comes in from the fact that in the DCU, nearly everything in some way involves Superman. Then like you said earlier in the thread, Superman is very important to the DCU. My mind says marvel has a more realistic viewpoint coming from the fact that in Marvel, no one being is integral to the universe, barring abstracts and the like. If Odin and the rest of the Pantheonic Gods were to be killed, the Marvel universe would move on. In DC, if Superman were to be killed, the way his importance is touted, verily, reality itself might collapse. DC has many conflicts revolving around Earth etc, and earth has been described as the lynchpin of the universe or multiverse....One of them. Marvel has a more realistic, life goes on type feel to me. Much more wide open and ever changing scope to it imo. Unless Superman is now an abstract, the DCU shouldn't blink, but keep on moving on. Because in comic book continuity at least, the DCU existed well before superman did, and it should continue on fine after he dies. Superman dies, earth should mourn. Not the universe. If it doesn't, then DC is selling its own universe short. Thats why i see Marvels universe as more lifelike and realistic. Small pieces of eternity that make a difference, but should they die, life will continue on unabated.
Oh and the jab about retcons in marvel, didn't Superboy Prime punching somehow cause ripples that brought back Donna, Jason and somebody i know i'm forgetting?? I believe its called the retcon punch.
Lets not get into the stupidity of DC right now.
And about Supermans feats.....He's the first conventional Superhero. He has icon status. Of course his feats will be the most extravagant. Doesn't make any other character less interesting. At least they can be real superheroes, rather than an archetype.

Sir Whirlysplat
Whirly, either you are too obtuse to recognize my point, or are deliberate in your ignorance, you missed the message. I wasn't talking about low showings in fights. Thats not the point of my post. My realistic view point comes in from the fact that in the DCU, nearly everything in some way involves Superman. Then like you said earlier in the thread, Superman is very important to the DCU. My mind says marvel has a more realistic viewpoint coming from the fact that in Marvel, no one being is integral to the universe, barring abstracts and the like. If Odin and the rest of the Pantheonic Gods were to be killed, the Marvel universe would move on. In DC, if Superman were to be killed, the way his importance is touted, verily, reality itself might collapse. DC has many conflicts revolving around Earth etc, and earth has been described as the lynchpin of the universe or multiverse....One of them. Marvel has a more realistic, life goes on type feel to me. Much more wide open and ever changing scope to it imo. Unless Superman is now an abstract, the DCU shouldn't blink, but keep on moving on. Because in comic book continuity at least, the DCU existed well before superman did, and it should continue on fine after he dies. Superman dies, earth should mourn. Not the universe. If it doesn't, then DC is selling its own universe short. Thats why i see Marvels universe as more lifelike and realistic. Small pieces of eternity that make a difference, but should they die, life will continue on unabated.
Oh and the jab about retcons in marvel, didn't Superboy Prime punching somehow cause ripples that brought back Donna, Jason and somebody i know i'm forgetting?? I believe its called the retcon punch.
Lets not get into the stupidity of DC right now.

Didn't miss your point at all but Galactus is integral to the Marvel Universe. If you read Thor 301 you would know why Marvels pantheonic gods exist, you obviously haven't so you don't. 616 is the Nexus earth in Marvel read Excalibur or Captain Britains early stories and a number of beings exist who are considered prime to the Marvel Universe.
If you read a lot of DC which I can tell you don't from your post you would realise that DCU is "bigger" very little of it is charted by the heroes despite its great age. The Marvel Universe is tiny in comparison, the Surfer seems to have been everywhere in it. wink
I'm glad you have been reading infinite crisis at least. "Retconn punch" laughing out loud amusing.
The heroes in DC are sleek and being retconned back into heroes, they should not have clay feet and the nineties sell out of DC where the heroes stopped being "icons" and became like Marvels flawed heroes is over (thank god). You have a problem with Superman being a "good guy" and his "goodness" being important to his Universe, that's your choice. It doesn't change the fact he is a messiah like figure, the Surfer and Adam Warlock both also have these traits, the truth is though as much as you protest they will never be as important as Superman, Culturally or to their respective Universe.

And all done with no veiled insults to your intelligence, learn from it.

Keep the faithsmile

Stay Super rock

the Darkone
The Runner is stronger than superman botton kine, even Silver Surfer couldn't beat the runner who can amp his strength eyond superman's. The Runner will hit superman some many time it wouldn't be fuuny, while they are fighting superman will have a smile on his busted up face. Superman wouldn't stand a chance in hell of beating him, even superman did fight asmodel which was cis/pis and jobber superman would've gotten killed and the rest of theJLA end of story. The Runner wins 10/10

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by the Darkone
The Runner is stronger than superman botton kine, even Silver Surfer couldn't beat the runner who can amp his strength eyond superman's. The Runner will hit superman some many time it wouldn't be fuuny, while they are fighting superman will have a smile on his busted up face. Superman wouldn't stand a chance in hell of beating him, even superman did fight asmodel which was cis/pis and jobber superman would've gotten killed and the rest of theJLA end of story. The Runner wins 10/10

Please show me the Surfers strength featssmile Supes v Asmodel is cannon as is every other cosmic/god Supes has beaten.

snoopdogg
I too would like to see Norrin Radds best strength feats. eek!

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I too would like to see Norrin Radds best strength feats. eek!

eek! very much I suspect smile

snoopdogg
eek! very much I suspect smile I can live with Norrin being faster than Kal-el. But being stronger I don't buy. Heck I even would say Supes is more durable also.

Sir Whirlysplat
I can live with Norrin being faster than Kal-el. But being stronger I don't buy. Heck I even would say Supes is more durable also.

As would I smile and Surfers speed doesn't seem to be combat speed to me.

snoopdogg
As would I smile and Surfers speed doesn't seem to be combat speed to me. Good point. He just can fly fast. He lacks actual superspeed.

Hit and Run
As would I smile and Surfers speed doesn't seem to be combat speed to me.
He has shown the ability to use his speed effectivley in a battle.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/silversurfer.jpg

soleran30
Oh I don't think so runner is far far beyond SM ..........plus when SM is getting beat on he will like the runnersmile His speed and strength are far beyond flash and flash is just below SM

TheKahn
Please show me the Surfers strength featssmile Supes v Asmodel is cannon as is every other cosmic/god Supes has beaten.

I can't remember but was that regular Superman or Electric Superman?

While I think that Surfer has potentially greater strength than Superman, the fact remains that he rarely uses the stength increasing tactic in battle. There isn't anything in my mind to suggest that when faced with a being with greater physical strength (at least greater than Surfer's base level) that Surfer would try to match Superman's strength rather than use energy attacks. I think he could, but he seems to prefer to use his other abilities.

As for the Sundipped Superman vs the Runner, the Runner should win simply thanks to his empathic abilities. No version of Superman would *want* to fight him, so the Runner would win by default. erm

UniOmni
I consider Galactus to be something of an abstract. But again, my larger scope feel of Marvel doesn't have to do with its size or number of planets but its loose relation. It feels more real to me. And while characters like Surfer may be considered important to the universe, were they to die, life would move on. Not integral. Unless you speak of high cosmics who converse with the tribunal etc. Marvel's universe looks at its heroes as upstarts who poke their nose where they don't belong. DC, Superman is the champion of the universe and etc. My main point is, the DCU existed before superman did in comic continuity. To say that it would mourn his passing shortchanges those who preceeded him in continuity. Thats where my problem of it seeming like the DCU started with Clark comes from. Earth should mourn his loss, but the universe shouldn't even sniffle. Thats how i see Marvels treatment of its heroes. Superman is a messiah like figure, but to Earth. Not the cosmos. Thats his original mold. A planetary messiah, not cosmic.
And your definition of icon is relative. Icon status is debilatating for those who aren't icons. They don't get handled with the same respect the icons get. And for icons as well sometimes. Too rigid shielding of a character, with not enough risk in fleshing out the characters, simply because the icon status has to be protected. Marvel has no icons, except maybe Capt America. And i like them better for it. They have cash cows mind you, but no icons.
Oh, and you are right. I don't know why Marvels pantheonic Gods exist. I'm a DC boy solely. Care to explain it to me? I know in 'DC, it has to do with Dream of the Endless and faithetc.

Hit and Run
Oh I don't think so runner is far far beyond SM ..........plus when SM is getting beat on he will like the runnersmile His speed and strength are far beyond flash and flash is just below SM
Are you talking speed-wise? Cause Flash has shown that he's faster than Supes. Heck, he even once managed to run faster than Supes's heat vision.

snoopdogg
Norrin does not equal Supes in strength. Norrin Radd is has to amp his strength just to be comparable to Superman.

Here is was overpowered by 4 Mexicans.

soleran30
So what if he has to amp he has the ability to increase his trength exponentially (so does SM via "stress" and writers. From a power stand point SM gets smoked and badlysad That certainly doesn't take away from the runners ability to out do SM which he can and should quickly.

snoopdogg
So what if he has to amp he has the ability to increase his trength exponentially (so does SM via "stress" and writers. From a power stand point SM gets smoked and badlysad That certainly doesn't take away from the runners ability to out do SM which he can and should quickly. Norrin will beat Supes. I agree with that. But Norrin is a chump without his board.

Sir Whirlysplat
I consider Galactus to be something of an abstract. But again, my larger scope feel of Marvel doesn't have to do with its size or number of planets but its loose relation. It feels more real to me. And while characters like Surfer may be considered important to the universe, were they to die, life would move on. Not integral. Unless you speak of high cosmics who converse with the tribunal etc. Marvel's universe looks at its heroes as upstarts who poke their nose where they don't belong. DC, Superman is the champion of the universe and etc. My main point is, the DCU existed before superman did in comic continuity. To say that it would mourn his passing shortchanges those who preceeded him in continuity. Thats where my problem of it seeming like the DCU started with Clark comes from. Earth should mourn his loss, but the universe shouldn't even sniffle. Thats how i see Marvels treatment of its heroes. Superman is a messiah like figure, but to Earth. Not the cosmos. Thats his original mold. A planetary messiah, not cosmic.
And your definition of icon is relative. Icon status is debilatating for those who aren't icons. They don't get handled with the same respect the icons get. And for icons as well sometimes. Too rigid shielding of a character, with not enough risk in fleshing out the characters, simply because the icon status has to be protected. Marvel has no icons, except maybe Capt America. And i like them better for it. They have cash cows mind you, but no icons.
Oh, and you are right. I don't know why Marvels pantheonic Gods exist. I'm a DC boy solely. Care to explain it to me? I know in 'DC, it has to do with Dream of the Endless and faithetc.

You don't sound like a DC boy "Marvel has no icons and I like them better for it", but anyway, according to Thor 301 one of the several times that all Asgard has been dead. The pantheons exist only because people believe in them and or have believed in them. Thor had to take an amount of energy from all the other pantheons worshipped to restore Asgard. Superman is not shielded, when he cuts lose he simply is Super. In regards to Marvel having no icons if that is true it's because the charachter they have do not tap into the psyche as heroes. Superman you can respect, most Marvel characters have feet of clay. The DC mainstays are archetypes. I like them better for their mythic larger than life feel. "Kingdom Comes" heroes seemed bigger than "Marvels".

soleran30
Norrin will beat Supes. I agree with that. But Norrin is a chump without his board.

ok great well runner is SS amped up.

snoopdogg
ok great well runner is SS amped up. Has it been proven that he can exploit Sundipped Supes' weakness?

Sir Whirlysplat
Has it been proven that he can exploit Sundipped Supes' weakness?

Nope! and thats the only way surfer can win through his matter manipulation powers. I want to see Norrins strength feats smile

Hit and Run
Norrin will beat Supes. I agree with that. But Norrin is a chump without his board.
That's a little like saying Green Lantern is a chump without his ring, or Superman is a chump without the sun or Thor is a chump without his hammer.

At least Norrin can still use his power cosmic without his board.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Hit and Run
That's a little like saying Green Lantern is a chump without his ring, or Superman is a chump without the sun or Thor is a chump without his hammer.

At least Norrin can still use his power cosmic without his board.

hmm...... he can't fly very well without it!

snoopdogg
hmm...... he can't fly very well without it! Not really.

UniOmni
You don't sound like a DC boy "Marvel has no icons and I like them better for it", but anyway, according to Thor 301 one of the several times that all Asgard has been dead. The pantheons exist only because people believe in them and or have believed in them. Thor had to take an amount of energy from all the other pantheons worshipped to restore Asgard. Superman is not shielded, when he cuts lose he simply is Super. In regards to Marvel having no icons if that is true it's because the charachter they have do not tap into the psyche as heroes. Superman you can respect, most Marvel characters have feet of clay. The DC mainstays are archetypes. I like them better for their mythic larger than life feel. "Kingdom Comes" heroes seemed bigger than "Marvels".
See, now we get somewhere. I like Marvels conflicted hero approach, because Marvels heroes are more down to earth. Not in power or origin, but in duty, conflicting views etc. Hero is a vague term. Since nothing is black and white.
I see DC as lord of the Rings, where right is right and wrong is wrong. But I see Marvel as Godslayer(new book, read it), where right and wrong are relative to which side of the field you are on. Like someone said of Godslayer in it similarities to LOTR. Tolkien is for kids, Godslayer is for adults. Thats how i see DC and Marvel comparitively.
And DC IS the company i give my money to. I just happen to stick to the Batbooks and Teen Titans and Outsiders. Superman in very small doses. I just wish all characters were given the same consideration the big Three get, is all. I know it won't happen, but its still an ideal i can hope for. Which is ironic since DC is considered the company for Idealistic characters.
Oh, and Superman is shielded. Face it. GLs can do anything, so setting the ai of their rings to auto attack neone with the intent to harm the ring wearer with magic swords able to slice the electrons off atoms should be within it abilities. And the ai has been programmed in the past, so that should be doable. Remember, GLs are walking plot devices, cuz the ring can do ANYTHING!!! GLs are heldback in regards to feats etc, simply cuz superman is the premier hero.
MM has a myriad of powers that enable him to deal with superman level foes, yet he can't take superman?? Shielded he is. He can't become intangible, and then pick apart clarks brain at his leisure?? shielded he is. And if clark doesn't have a defense against something, eventually he will develope one, and it will be written off as latent kyptonian abilities. T-Vo?? Theta bs?? I rest my case. Shielded he is.

Avalonofthewind
This is a difficult battle to judge. For one, we can barely figure out the regular Supes limits (who's punching through time barriers currently against E2 Superman) are unknown and sun dipped Superman's abilities are even less known. The power of Entropy was bouncing off this guy like it was water. B13 with Imperiex power was far more powerful than runner could ever hope to be. Asmodel would treat runner like a step child. Dominus could smack him around as well. Omega beams...etc.

Sir Whirlysplat
See, now we get somewhere. I like Marvels conflicted hero approach, because Marvels heroes are more down to earth. Not in power or origin, but in duty, conflicting views etc. Hero is a vague term. Since nothing is black and white.
I see DC as lord of the Rings, where right is right and wrong is wrong. But I see Marvel as Godslayer(new book, read it), where right and wrong are relative to which side of the field you are on. Like someone said of Godslayer in it similarities to LOTR. Tolkien is for kids, Godslayer is for adults. Thats how i see DC and Marvel comparitively.
And DC IS the company i give my money to. I just happen to stick to the Batbooks and Teen Titans and Outsiders. Superman in very small doses. I just wish all characters were given the same consideration the big Three get, is all. I know it won't happen, but its still an ideal i can hope for. Which is ironic since DC is considered the company for Idealistic characters.
Oh, and Superman is shielded. Face it. GLs can do anything, so setting the ai of their rings to auto attack neone with the intent to harm the ring wearer with magic swords able to slice the electrons off atoms should be within it abilities. And the ai has been programmed in the past, so that should be doable. Remember, GLs are walking plot devices, cuz the ring can do ANYTHING!!! GLs are heldback in regards to feats etc, simply cuz superman is the premier hero.
MM has a myriad of powers that enable him to deal with superman level foes, yet he can't take superman?? Shielded he is. He can't become intangible, and then pick apart clarks brain at his leisure?? shielded he is. And if clark doesn't have a defense against something, eventually he will develope one, and it will be written off as latent kyptonian abilities. T-Vo?? Theta bs?? I rest my case. Shielded he is.

Well I agree with some of this, but disagree with most of it. People cry Superman is shielded, the truth is he is just that damn powerful and has expanding abilities the older he gets under the yellow sun. I don't think clay feet is more realistic, just less noble.
The threats in DCU are often darker than Marvels although the heroes remain more noble, Wally and Kyle (two almost children, lose loved ones). Oracle lost her legs, anyone remember the killing joke where Gordon is dressed in bondage gear will a ball gag(long before pulp fiction) andd tortured by dwarves.
Supes has had his share of darkness, his the last survivor of a dead world, for gods sake, it doesn't get much darker for origins than billions dead. The DC heroes are just more noble!

Avalonofthewind
Well I agree with some of this, but disagree with most of it. People cry Superman is shielded, the truth is he is just that damn powerful and has expanding abilities the older he gets under the yellow sun. I don't think clay feet is more realistic, just less noble.
The threats in DCU are often darker than Marvels although the heroes remain more noble, Wally and Kyle (two almost children, lose loved ones). Oracle lost her legs, anyone remember the killing joke where Gordon is dressed in bondage gear will a ball gag(long before pulp fiction) andd tortured by dwarves.
Supes has had his share of darkness, his the last survivor of a dead world, for gods sake, it doesn't get much darker for origins than billions dead. The DC heroes are just more noble!

Agreed. It's funny how nobody complains about Thanos "character shield."

smokin'

TheKahn
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Agreed. It's funny how nobody complains about Thanos "character shield."

smokin'

Not much of a shield if you ask me. no

http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/8088/glxmas062jf6ia.th.jpg

UniOmni
I don't see it the way you do, but thats alright. Superman does have a character shield imo. As do the rest of the big 3. I refuse to believe that a guy with the universes greatest weapon that can do anything, can't beat an uber brick with medium level energy projection. Its DCs fault for creating a character with an uber plot device for a weapon, then won't let the character live up to its full potential. And you are right, Superman has constantly growing powers under a yellow sun. But thats not enough. If he has any exploitable weakness, it has to be rectified. The T-Vo bs is a prime example. But maybe i see things wrong.
But you gotta admit. Superman has a jobber aura third only to Batman and Deathstroke. Dominus was a being who had Kismet, the avatar for Eternity on the ropes. He defeated said badguy in mental combat. People have equated Kismet with Marvels Eternity.... To say that, means mentally Eternity>>>Superman, which isn't the case. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> it should be.
And Thanos does have a character shield. I rather badguys have that than heroes. Cuz if i had my way, no one would be safe. Cept for big bad guys. Darkseid wishes he had such a shield. Maybe its your love of the character blinding you to the truth, but ask Draco or Ion or maybe Leonidas. Anybody who's favorite isn't superman. Batman is mine, and i still see the glow of the u tacked on his chest. That u stands for untouchable. You shoulda seen my friends anger at GL Rebirth. The big three are shielded. Nobody is shown as effective as them. Even those more powerful than them.

Mider
so runner can go faster then thought which i hear is faster then light?

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by TheKahn
Not much of a shield if you ask me. no

http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/8088/glxmas062jf6ia.th.jpg

Squirrel Girls shield is better. wink

The Ion
Here is was overpowered by 4 Mexicans.
Easily the best description I've ever seen of a scan. laughing

Mider
someone who really hated thanos must have been in charge of that comic. IT WASNT ME I DONT HATE HIM :O

Horrificus
There shouldn't even be a Sun-Dipped Superman!

In the Superfriends cartoon, Superman was on the Sun for a matter of seconds, and he even said that he had to get away, because the sun was breaking him down into hydrogen!

Period.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Horrificus
There shouldn't even be a Sun-Dipped Superman!

In the Superfriends cartoon, Superman was on the Sun for a matter of seconds, and he even said that he had to get away, because the sun was breaking him down into hydrogen!

Period.

Great Scott, can this be true.

Horrificus
Yes, yes, yes, Superfriends was cheesey, but still was mostly accurate.

I forget what episode it was. But, it happened.

Femi32
Originally posted by Horrificus
Yes, yes, yes, Superfriends was cheesey, but still was mostly accurate.

I forget what episode it was. But, it happened.

Too bad it's not canon.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Femi32
Too bad it's not canon.

Runner never appeared on Super friends ,therefore he must not exist.
wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.