Silverspider/Dizzle's Team Tournament: Semifinal Fight 2- Scoobless vs. stormfront13

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dizzle
Scoobless
Hermod- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/hermodthor.htm

Thunderstrike- http://server5.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=ThunderstrikeBio2.jpg
http://server5.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=Thunderstrike.jpg

Iron Man- http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/720/page0171jv.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8717/page0187qr.jpg

Charcoal- http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/charcoal.htm

stormfront13
Mimic- http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Character2.asp?UniqueId=330

Aurora- http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=1490

Vindicator- http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=1113

Phantazia- http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Character2.asp?UniqueId=330

Prep: Standard, 1 hour prep.

Location: Big gigantic train. The train itself is constantly moving at 60mph. Teams start at opposite ends, the train being a full mile long. The train contains the things one would normally find on a passenger train, except for people. The thing has a Juggernaut-style power, so that it cannot be stopped and cannot be removed from the tracks. Everything inside of it (seats, metal bars, etc) are fair game for use by the two teams. It is assumed that the train never actually hits the end of its tracks.

newjak86
Wow be prepared to be buried alive beneath many scans and essays.

Blair Wind
have a good fight guys wink

Ill be waiting evil face

Dizzle
Woah, wrong link for Mimic. I copied the Phantazia one twice, sorry.

Mimic- http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=1758

grey fox
Well let's get this party started , I'm here to judge after all.

Let's have a good clean match , no trolling , no spamming and no blows below the belt.

FIGHT !!!

Scoobless
Who's at the front of the train and who's at the back?

smile

...... it could make a difference to any strategy

Scoobless
and where is this train? desert? city? jungle? a cliffside? a bridge?

Dizzle
Originally posted by Scoobless
Who's at the front of the train and who's at the back?

smile

...... it could make a difference to any strategy
It could, but will it? Just for you, Scoobless starts on the caboose. It's just the kind of guy he is. wink
and where is this train? desert? city? jungle? a cliffside? a bridge?
Nondescript landscape. no expression Leaving the immediate vicinity of the train is a ring out (unless you are thrown... but recovery would have to be possible)

Scoobless
Originally posted by Dizzle
Nondescript landscape. no expression Leaving the immediate vicinity of the train is a ring out (unless you are thrown... but recovery would have to be possible)

wait.... what?..... how does that affect flying? how far off the train is a ring out?

stormfront13
wait..so is throwing someone out of the train illegal?

Dizzle
wait.... what?..... how does that affect flying? how far off the train is a ring out?

Vertically, anything goes. I was mainly concerned with someone flying ahead of the train so as to set traps and such. And getting thrown off of the train so that one cannot get back is a ring out, wherever you go is good as long as you can return within a reasonable amount of time. (either behind or to the side) The landscape doesn't have any special features... Just plain ground as far as the eye can see. (preventing non-train related plot devices)

stormfront13
Vertically, anything goes. I was mainly concerned with someone flying ahead of the train so as to set traps and such. And getting thrown off of the train so that one cannot get back is a ring out, wherever you go is good as long as you can return within a reasonable amount of time. (either behind or to the side) The landscape doesn't have any special features... Just plain ground as far as the eye can see. (preventing non-train related plot devices)

so throwing someone out of the train that wouldn't be able to get back on is illegal?

stormfront13
well i think I'm going to lose...but here goes nothing.

prep: well since mimic has Cyclops's ability to absorb electricity to power-up his optic blasts during prep phantazia and aurora give him tons of electricity to absorb. in the past cyke has absorbed so much electricity that his optic blast had the power that i think it said it was equivalent to a star, though i may be wrong on that one.

battle: so with the powered up mimic, he unleashes the mega optic blast which takes out everyone on your team that doesn't have a forcefield, and if it doesn't...then they're severely weakened. while the optic blast is going on vindicator calls up lava and rock from the ground and creates a very large barrier between both teams. the rock is there to create the barrier, and the lava is there to melt the roof of the train and spread out on the other teams side of the train. oh, and for clarification vin creates the barrier right after the optic blast is released.
now hermod, charcoal, and possibly thunderstrike would've been taken out by the lava and optic blast. i mean the power of lava and a star is very powerful, so charcoal and hermod would definitely be taken out, and if thunderstrike isn't, then he is very weakened.
so now it's a weakened thunderstrike and iron-man VS my team of four. mimic goes to face thunderstrike, while aurora and vindicator go to face iron-man. now tony is definitely affected by heat. when he fought Melter and Firebrand the armor had melted, and major circuits have fused together. also, i showed that pic in the last match of heather affecting mac inside his force-field, so i should be able to affect you as well.
now i didn't include phantazia in this because she has a very important purpose in this. she sits back surrounded in her force-field making a force-field around everyone else and making them invisible. now i have already explained the invisibility issue but I'll explain it again to clarify for people. when phantazia turns people or herself invisible they become invisible to everything, which ranges from human senses, electronic devises, and telepathy.
so basically it's a weakened thunderstrike and iron-man VS my whole team who are invisible. also...if hermoid did make it, he's be severely limited and would have to have excellent reflexes.

Scoobless
As i understand it the train is fully destructible from the passenger level up.... right?... so the walls and roof can be wrecked easily enough?

Thunderstrike begins blasting with his mace straight through all the carriages along the line of the centre of the train, then moving the arc of the blast from one side to the other to rip the walls and roof off the train.

Iron Man also begins blasting, but much more accurately due to his sensor abilities, again, targeting the big metal guy first with full power pulse blasts, then one by one onto the others

As the battlefield is so narrow my team will advance along it, not rushing, with IM and TS at the front, Charcoal next (providing additional energy for IM) and lastly Hermod

as for this invisibility thing
Originally posted by stormfront13
when phantazia turns people or herself invisible they become invisible to everything, which ranges from human senses, electronic devises, and telepathy.
How can your team possibly hope to coordinate an attack or defence if they can't see each other?... and what's to stop them banging into/blasting each other? .... seems like a tactically flawed move

What has this invisibility been tested against? i sincerely doubt that it can evade every sensor Iron Man has at his disposal

My first salvo should at the very least knock Mimic silly for a few minutes, TS will undoubtedly hit more members of your team with his attacks. If Aurora is hit she could die, Phantazia would be knocked stupid, Vindicator would be blown through the train.... it's possible that they'll all be hit big grin

prep: well since mimic has Cyclops's ability to absorb electricity to power-up his optic blasts during prep phantazia and aurora give him tons of electricity to absorb. in the past cyke has absorbed so much electricity that his optic blast had the power that i think it said it was equivalent to a star, though i may be wrong on that one.

Cyclops can absorb electricity? What the f**k?

does anyone have a scan of this?.... cos it's the first i've ever heard of it

Either way, power boosting beyond the set tourney caps is illegal so the "power of a star" is definitely banned

stormfront13
Cyclops can absorb electricity? What the f**k?

does anyone have a scan of this?.... cos it's the first i've ever heard of it

Either way, power boosting beyond the set tourney caps is illegal so the "power of a star" is definitely banned

here's the scan

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&posted=5359259

^^sorry it's not in English, the person who had the scan wasn't from an English speaking country. and it's illegal to boost yourself beyond the caps? really? guess i missed that...sorry. anyway...a wide range regular optic blast would do just fine.

well you took care of the whole melting of the roof and walls for me..thanks..less energy for my team to waste.

everyone on my team has force-fields, and is invisible to any detection.

well... hermod and charcoal were taken out by the wide-range optic blast, and thunderstrike is severely weakened. i may not be able to power it up to the power of a star, but i can still power the optic blast up enough to do that much damage.

they can see each other. it's just your team that can't see actually. she is affecting the optic nerves in everyone to become invisible, same thing with mechanics and tp. she just affects the direct source...so basically your team won't be able to see a thing, so they might end up blasting each other.

it may not be able to affect every single sensor he has...but iron-man still has to see where to shoot.

actually, it's more probable that this won't occur considering that all of my characters have force-fields, are undetectable to you, and half my team has superhuman reflexes and reaction time.

King_Mungi
Yeah the attachment doesn't work.

stormfront13
really....okay, i'll try to find a different pic.

Blair Wind
The link doesnt work

edit: what mungi said

is it in the respect thread?

I also have a question. If Mimic has cyclops' power does that include his spatial geometry knowledge? Its been stated that Cyclops has that naturally, thats why his aim is so damn good. Would that be considered a "power"?

stormfront13
Originally posted by Blair Wind
The link doesnt work

edit: what mungi said

is it in the respect thread?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5335010

^^here's the link again, i'm hoping it works, i don't really know why it wouldn't though.

i was wondering that the other day also. there are scans of cyke using it in the respect thread. i would say it's a power. i mean no one could have born knowledge of what he does. and it is stated as the ability to know all of your surrounds or something like that. imo it's another power.

King_Mungi
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5335010

^^here's the link again, i'm hoping it works, i don't really know why it wouldn't though.

It works now, but do you know what issue # that is?

stormfront13
Originally posted by King_Mungi
It works now, but do you know what issue # that is?

nope, sorry i don't

Dizzle
so throwing someone out of the train that wouldn't be able to get back on is illegal?

No, causing ring outs are perfectly legal. You're not allowed to leave by your own power, but throwing someone there is fine.

The train is perfectly destructible, but any pieces that survive will continue moving at 60mph along the tracks. (so the person at the front can't disconnect the cars and screw over the other team, as the cars will still move)

And I'm confused about Phantazia's invisibility... If she affects optic nerves, how in heck does she avoid sensors and such?

grey fox
Question

while the optic blast is going on vindicator calls up lava and rock from the ground

You realise this is impossible right ? What the f**k?

Considering that the train is a moving object all you'll do it hit the other carriages with the magma that your trying to summon.

leonidas
i was sort of wondering the same thing as gf. it IS generated from the ground, right?

and like diz, i'm confused too about phantazia. i just want to be sure i'm getting this right:

scoob can't see (optic nerves affected) or detect (sensors affected) ANY of sf's team OR any of his OWN teamates either? yet she does not in anyway affect her OWN team at all. correct?

that seems like a lot to swallow . . .

Scoobless
I also have a question. If Mimic has cyclops' power does that include his spatial geometry knowledge? Its been stated that Cyclops has that naturally, thats why his aim is so damn good. Would that be considered a "power"?

no... he is only that natural through years of practice.... same thing with Hawkeye... he can hit three targets at once without a second thought... but it only became "natural" after many years of hard work

Scoobless
Originally posted by leonidas
i was sort of wondering the same thing as gf. it IS generated from the ground, right?

and like diz, i'm confused too about phantazia. i just want to be sure i'm getting this right:

scoob can't see (optic nerves affected) or detect (sensors affected) ANY of sf's team OR any of his OWN teamates either? yet she does not in anyway affect her OWN team at all. correct?

that seems like a lot to swallow . . .

I agree..... especially from a mile away.... and i seriously doubt she could affect Iron Man even up close considering the levels of shielding he uses to prevent people taking any amount of control over his armour and the fact that he's within a completely sealed environment

Charcoal's entire body transforms into a non-human non-conductive "monster" form.... his eyes have to function differently from normal humans or mutants and should remain unaffected

Thunderstrike and Hermod have Asgardian physiology which, though it looks the same, is massively different from human as well

leonidas
did sf show some scans of phant making people blind in the earlier rounds

grey fox
I agree..... especially from a mile away.... and i seriously doubt she could affect Iron Man even up close considering the levels of shielding he uses to prevent people taking any amount of control over his armour and the fact that he's within a completely sealed environment

Charcoal's entire body transforms into a non-human non-conductive "monster" form.... his eyes have to function differently from normal humans or mutants and should remain unaffected

Thunderstrike and Hermod have Asgardian physiology which, though it looks the same, is massively different from human as well

He's right about the asgardians , for all we know their eyes are wired to their ass.

DarkCrawler
Yep, their physique isn't like humans. For example, their bodies are at least three times more dense.

grey fox
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Yep, their physique isn't like humans. For example, their bodies are at least three times more dense.

Which explains their increased durability and strengh...

King_Mungi

Both....Here's a Vindicator bio, but the way he said it I don't think is possible.
1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vindicator

stormfront13
And I'm confused about Phantazia's invisibility... If she affects optic nerves, how in heck does she avoid sensors and such?

she affects whatever she wishes to not be seen from. if it was a machine, she would affect the machine, it it was a human, she just manipulates their bio-electricity enough to shut down their senses.

the train is only moving at 60 mph, it wouldn't be hard to call up lava and have it move with vindicator. though i could just use the lava blast programmed into the suit.

yes, she is only affecting who she wants to. just like invisible woman can affect whoever she wants to, and a telepath can affect whoever they want to.

whenever he uses it is always said to be a natural born ability, isn't there a difference between being born with an ability and practicing it throighout your life.

her range is more than a mile...and she doesn't need a blast or anything to affect tony, she can definitley affect his body throughout all his shielding. the armor may be tricky...but there's a huge chance she will affect it, it'll just take longer than normal.

yes...your right there, but he still has a brain which runs on electricity which can be manipulated by eileen(phantazia).

and as i said above, they still have a brain which runs on electricity which can be manipulated by eileen.

no, i don't have access to my old issues...but i can post a bio if you would like

anyway...hermod is useless in this fight because he doesn't have the space to utilize his abilities to the fullest. mimic reacts faster than charcoal, and can therefore rush him and throw him off the train. it'd be hard for him to catch up so quickly and still have the energy to prove a challenge. though this doesn't matter because hermod and charcoal are taken out by the optic blast.

Scoobless
she affects whatever she wishes to not be seen from. if it was a machine, she would affect the machine, it it was a human, she just manipulates their bio-electricity enough to shut down their senses.

Again, i seriously doubt she could just shut down IM's abilities with all the safeguards he has built into the armour and none of the rest of my team have human nervous systems

the train is only moving at 60 mph, it wouldn't be hard to call up lava and have it move with vindicator. though i could just use the lava blast programmed into the suit.

It would, Lava moves incredibly slowly once it starts to travel over ground

yes, she is only affecting who she wants to. just like invisible woman can affect whoever she wants to, and a telepath can affect whoever they want to.

Telepath's can't affect whomever they want, there are quite a few instance where they've had trouble with certain mutants or aliens or people with psi-shielding

whenever he uses it is always said to be a natural born ability, isn't there a difference between being born with an ability and practicing it throighout your life.

yes, and the type your talking about is the learned type.... otherwise Cyclops would have been an expert with his optic blast since it emerged at puberty.... and there are a hell of a lot of instances where he's been said to be practicing, which he wouldn't need to do if it were natural

her range is more than a mile...and she doesn't need a blast or anything to affect tony, she can definitley affect his body throughout all his shielding.

I disagree, even the exemplar whose power was to build whatever he needed had serious difficulty penetrating Tony's defences, Tony also has defences in place for his mind as well as his armour

yes...your right there, but he still has a brain which runs on electricity which can be manipulated by eileen(phantazia).

Actually Charcoal's brain turns to a form of carbon too... there's no way it could run on electricity

and as i said above, they still have a brain which runs on electricity which can be manipulated by eileen.

There's no way to know that... Asgardian brains could very well, and most likely do, run on a mystical form of energy

anyway...hermod is useless in this fight because he doesn't have the space to utilize his abilities to the fullest. mimic reacts faster than charcoal, and can therefore rush him and throw him off the train. it'd be hard for him to catch up so quickly and still have the energy to prove a challenge. though this doesn't matter because hermod and charcoal are taken out by the optic blast.

Hermod is at a slight disadvantage due to the setting of the fight but there will be tons of debris he can use as bludgeons, blades and projectiles

Charcoal is at the back, to get to him you have to go through Iron Man and Thunderstrike... Mimic's a decent fighter and all, but either of those guys could take him down

stormfront13
Again, i seriously doubt she could just shut down IM's abilities with all the safeguards he has built into the armour and none of the rest of my team have human nervous systems

storm shut down his armor...and she doesn't have much experience at shutting down machinery at all. now when it is your actual power to shut down machinery it's more than likely she will be able to weaken it.

not when you can control the actual speed it travels

oh c'mon lol...you knew what i meant

i really doubt it, in every appearance it was used in it states that it was a natural ability he's had since birth

yeah, i kinda thought it would but it was worth a shot. anyway, affecting the person directly is just to make them blind. she has the cloaking field anyway.

possibly, though she still has the cloaking field she can surround her teammates in.

most of the debris were probably blown off the train with the optic blast and thunderstrike blasts and all. either way hermod would haveno where to run or dodge, so he is getting the optic blast straight on, so he should be taken out as well as charcoal. Even if hermod wasn't taken out phantazia can reverse the gravity around him completely taking away the whole possibility of running. so basically hermod is useless, as well as charcoal because in any form vindicator or mimic can deal with him.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=792

^^here, this bio talks about the whole cloaking field and gravity reversal. oh and monolith, the person who wrote this writes for marvel and doesn't write anything in the bios unless they have actually happened. you can contact him yourself on the uxn forums.

Blair Wind
guess the semis are all gonna be a lil slow eh?

Scoobless
storm shut down his armor...and she doesn't have much experience at shutting down machinery at all. now when it is your actual power to shut down machinery it's more than likely she will be able to weaken it.

Well your site says her actual powers are:

"Powers and Abilities:
sense, generate and manipulate electromagnetic fields"

All her tricks stem from that....Iron Man has come up against electric and magnetic power wielders before, in fact he uses those things himself:

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/9704/magneticcontrol0ip.th.jpg

And he also uses EMPs without damaging himself.... i doubt Phantazia could produce enough of a charge to harm him:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6039/empulse14yi.th.jpg http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/305/empulse25gg.th.jpg

&

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1463/empulse31lq.th.jpg

not when you can control the actual speed it travels

Lava travels around a couple of miles an hour (i think) it would take Telekinesis to actually make it travel faster over ground

i really doubt it, in every appearance it was used in it states that it was a natural ability he's had since birth

People get called "a natural" all the time.... it doesn't actually mean they were born with certain abilities, just that they've become better at them than others in a very short period.

most of the debris were probably blown off the train with the optic blast and thunderstrike blasts and all. either way hermod would haveno where to run or dodge, so he is getting the optic blast straight on, so he should be taken out as well as charcoal.

The narrowness of the battlefield caused me to position Charcoal and Hermod behind IM and TS to begin with for safety

Even if hermod wasn't taken out phantazia can reverse the gravity around him completely

your bio says she can "generate an antigravity field for flight" a few characters do that.... it doesn't mean they can control gravity around others

charcoal - in any form vindicator or mimic can deal with him.

I'll agree that Mimic could take Charcoal .... which is he wouldn't be sent to fight him

Vindicator? maybe.... but i won't be sending my weakest guys against your strongest - there's just no logic in that -

Iron Man can take Vindicator and Thunderstrike can take Mimic (or TS takes Vin and IM takes Mimic... either way)

Phantazia can't beat Charcoal as all her abilities are based on electricity and Charcoal is immune to that type of attack:

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/9306/cversatility01b9mm.th.jpg

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/9923/cdurability02b8vt.th.jpg

Hermod is fast enough to negate Aurora's speed, his strength and durability mean he completely outclasses her

stormfront13
All her tricks stem from that....Iron Man has come up against electric and magnetic power wielders before, in fact he uses those things himself:

i am well aware of this...that's why phantazia is sitting the side-lines protecting her teammates and causing distractions.

her primary power is to take out machinery...and considering emp's have caused tony trouble in the past it's not that much of a stretch for her to at least weaken him.

it wouldn't be touching the ground. either way it doesn't matter because she still has her lava blasts programmed in her suit.

yes...and the difference here is that it actually states he was born with this ability.

yes, but she actually has a field. with her invisibility field around herself she could easily sneak up right behind hermod and fly with him. it would leave him open to attack. though it wouldn't matter because he would be taken out after the first blast.

yes, i also know that as well and that's why phantazia is sitting the side-lines.

doubtful...vindicator just turns the heat up around tony to the point his natural body can't take it. it's doubtful that he could hurt her considering she has two powerful force-fields around her. also even if tony had a force-field up she can still affect him. i have the scan if need be. also...vin has aurora to help distract tony. 1,000 punches a second would put major stress on the force-field weakening it making tony more vulnerable to the heat. also a ton of hardened rock constantly squeezing the force-field would weaken it as well. don't forget that tony'll be fighting while not being able to see his opponents.

also doubtful. thunderstrike can't take 500 punches a second from someone who has superhuman strength as well as metal claws. also, any electrical attack thunderstrike could use would just power mimic up. another thing is that mimic has two force-fields and is invisible as well.

stormfront13
Hermod is fast enough to negate Aurora's speed, his strength and durability mean he completely outclasses her

yes, and hermod won't have the room to maneuver with his speed, where as aurora will. also aurora has two powerful ranged attacks as well as blinding flashes of light to blind hermod. hermod is disabled with the lack of room to run, and aurora has the sky. either way phantazia lifts him up or puts a force-field around him to either use energy based attacks against him or just throw him off the train. yes he is fast enough to get back to the train but continual throw offs would do damage and eventually take him out. same goes for charcoal. phantazia shoves him off with a force-field. and you also have to take into account that everyone was weakened/taken out by the powered up optic blast at the very beginning. hermod and charcoal were more than likely taken out. then it's just basically 2 against 4.

^^also i won't be able to post for a while because i will be out of town. i might post every once and a while, but that's a big "if"

Scoobless
doubtful...vindicator just turns the heat up around tony to the point his natural body can't take it.

IM absorbs heat and uses it to boost his energy reserves ... when there's a constant heat source he can constantly fire at full power:

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/5850/fireabsorbtionpulsebolts5ym.th.jpg

it's doubtful that he could hurt her considering she has two powerful force-fields around her.

force fields do nothing against sonic attacks:

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/2874/sonics17yt.th.jpg

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/5821/sonics25lq.th.jpg

Plus he has his Uni-Beam which can emit blinding light (as well as force blasts)

also...vin has aurora to help distract tony.

Tony has holograms to distract Aurora:

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/1374/holograms9xd.th.jpg

also a ton of hardened rock constantly squeezing the force-field would weaken it as well..

Pretty hard to trap a guy in rock when he's in mid-air.... which he would be if he was attacked

don't forget that tony'll be fighting while not being able to see his opponents.

They'll be fighting while having no sense of balance (refer back to sonic weapons pic)

Thunderstrike can't take 500 punches a second from someone who has superhuman strength as well as metal claws.

Mimic has never shown the ability to do that, hell, after fighting Wolverine he was majorly f**ked up:

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/5042/exiles4p031qx.th.jpg

also, any electrical attack thunderstrike could use would just power mimic up. another thing is that mimic has two force-fields and is invisible as well.

I'm yet to be convinced that Cyclops can absorb electricity ... that scan you posted was in German (or something) and it could have said anything

I'm also not convinced that Phantazia can make all these people invisible to so many diverse technologies and physiology's at once... or at all

.... and where did Mimic get a second force field from?

Scoobless
you also have to take into account that everyone was weakened/taken out by the powered up optic blast at the very beginning. hermod and charcoal were more than likely taken out. then it's just basically 2 against 4.

My blasts are more powerful than yours plus at a mile away i have better aim and IM's pulse bolts will just get more and more powerful over distance

If anything it'll be your team who comes away with the most injuries... especially as Hermod and Charcoal are protected behind my other two guys

Dizzle
Copying experience and intelligence was banned... Mimic never has, to my knowledge, ever copied thought patterns, experiences, etc. from anyone. Even if Scott's natural good aim is inbred, it's not a "power" per se... It just means he's smart in that particular area, just as Reed Richards naturally knows everything. Mimic's aim wouldn't be the same as Cyke's aim, because their minds are different.

Scoobless
doubtful...vindicator just turns the heat up around tony to the point his natural body can't take it.

IM absorbs heat and uses it to boost his energy reserves ... when there's a constant heat source he can constantly fire at full power:

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/5850/fireabsorbtionpulsebolts5ym.th.jpg

it's doubtful that he could hurt her considering she has two powerful force-fields around her.

force fields do nothing against sonic attacks:

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/2874/sonics17yt.th.jpg

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/5821/sonics25lq.th.jpg

Plus he has his Uni-Beam which can emit blinding light (as well as force blasts)

also...vin has aurora to help distract tony.

Tony has holograms to distract Aurora:

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/1374/holograms9xd.th.jpg

also a ton of hardened rock constantly squeezing the force-field would weaken it as well..

Pretty hard to trap a guy in rock when he's in mid-air.... which he would be if he was attacked

don't forget that tony'll be fighting while not being able to see his opponents.

They'll be fighting while having no sense of balance (refer back to sonic weapons pic)

Thunderstrike can't take 500 punches a second from someone who has superhuman strength as well as metal claws.

Mimic has never shown the ability to do that, hell, after fighting Wolverine he was majorly f**ked up:

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/5042/exiles4p031qx.th.jpg

also, any electrical attack thunderstrike could use would just power mimic up. another thing is that mimic has two force-fields and is invisible as well.

I'm yet to be convinced that Cyclops can absorb electricity ... that scan you posted was in German (or something) and it could have said anything

I'm also not convinced that Phantazia can make all these people invisible to so many diverse technologies and physiology's at once... or at all

.... and where did Mimic get a second force field from?

you also have to take into account that everyone was weakened/taken out by the powered up optic blast at the very beginning. hermod and charcoal were more than likely taken out. then it's just basically 2 against 4.

My blasts are more powerful than yours plus at a mile away i have better aim and IM's pulse bolts will just get more and more powerful over distance

If anything it'll be your team who comes away with the most injuries... especially as Hermod and Charcoal are protected behind my other two guys

I hate posting at the bottom of the last page

smile

King_Mungi
I have a question:

Scoob you keep posting different Ironman scans, the thing is there all different models. What model are you using, because while most of his models have the same specs, some dont have certain features.

Blair Wind
using my questions from the last battle for this one mungi? I was actually going to call him on that in OUR match (if SF doesnt win)....but hey now I get to know for sure......

Blair Wind
well then....this is....slow...and still no answer from scoobs.....who just happens to be on right now....

Scoobless
well then....this is....slow...and still no answer from scoobs.....who just happens to be on right now....

I had to go make some food

stick out tongue

Well since every new model is a marked improvement on the previous models it has to be the newest one... it's not like he leaves useful stuff out when he upgrades

I can show you scans of a newer model ripping an older one to pieces if you want

Everything i've been using in my arguments have been technologies that have been passed from armour to armour.... i'm not arguing for "SKIN" tech, Stealth armour or abladive(sp?) armour. I've been using standard abilities - Repulsors, Pulse bolts, Sensors, Shields, Uni-Beam, Holographic & Magnetic abilities.... i haven't even used missile launchers, or flamethrowers yet

Blair Wind
so your using the model from the new avengers run?

stormfront13

which would be a good plan if the fire were actually touching iron-man. no fire is touching iron-man's suit, therefore nothing to absorb.

yes, but when you also have sonic based attacks you can counterfire.

i'm assuming you mean hard-light projections, in which case wouldn't do much to aurora considering she can control hard light as well. that's where her concussize blasts come from.

not really, now when you can control a rocks movements.

not when you can counter sonic attacks with your own.

with aurora he does.

what excactey would you have liked it to say? it showed him absorbing all the electricity storm could summon at once.

why not? she isn't affecting the technology/person or anything she's using a cloaking field which technology, human sencses, and telepathy can't seem to get through.

phantazia, it's part of the cloaking field.

just so your clear...i'm not arguing that mimic should have that ability...i'm just saying that it's more of an ability/power than something that was practiced throughout the years.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=66

^^here's the spotlight on cyke.

Scoobless
which would be a good plan if the fire were actually touching iron-man. no fire is touching iron-man's suit, therefore nothing to absorb.

It absorbs heat (or infra-red energy)... it doesn't have to have flames touching the armour

yes, but when you also have sonic based attacks you can counterfire.

IM's helmet filters light and sound so that those assaults are ineffective against him

i'm assuming you mean hard-light projections

No, they're immaterial, they can't affect anything on the battlefield physically.... but they're good for splitting an enemies attention

not really, now when you can control a rocks movements.

Everyone on my team is too strong to be trapped within a layer of rock

not when you can counter sonic attacks with your own.

Using your own sonics doesn't protect you from IM's.... he's basically using the same power Vertigo uses

with aurora he does.

well with Northstar he never once attacked anyone with superspeed punches, i see no reason to accept that he would suddenly be able to do it now with an almost identical power

what excactey would you have liked it to say? it showed him absorbing all the electricity storm could summon at once.

I'd like it to be in English... failing that, i'd like someone to translate it

why not? she isn't affecting the technology/person or anything she's using a cloaking field which technology, human sencses, and telepathy can't seem to get through.

She's using electrical powers to attempt to render herself invisible to some of the highest tech on earth, a unique meta-human who is unaffected by electrical fields and two gods

I just don't believe she can do it

stormfront13
NEW STRATEGY...sort of.

PREP: phantazia, and aurora power mimic up. and right before the fight starts phantazia cloaks every one in the invisibility field.

at the very beginning of the fight, mimic unleashes the optic blast, which is still powered up but not to the extent it was before. it Marjory distracts and damages the other team. hermod and charcoal were more than likely taken out, and thunderstrike is damaged. also i'm assuming tony is in a force-field and the force-field would have been weakened. don't forget that three medium to high level optic blasts levelled galactus in exiles. so a powered up one is not to be taken lightly.
anyway...hermod was weakened so aurora uses her speed and reaction time to go at him while vindicator rushes iron-man, tony goes after thunderstrike, and phantazia takes charcoal.
now if charcoal wasn't taken out then he was very weakened. one bio-blast which would disable his powers and one force-field push off the train would be enough to take him out. keep in mind it only takes one blast to do this and she is full capable of this while still surrounding her teammates. after she takes out charcoal she just assists everyone else with bio-blasts which do damage to the opponent, disables their powers, and disables their body as well all at once if she wills it to.
now the blast probably definitely took out hermod and if it didn't, then it severely weakened him. auaora is just as fast as him...but the difference here is that he doesn't have the room to maneuver where as aurora has the whole sky to fly around in. another disadvantage is that aurora has two very powerful long ranged attacks, can blind hermod, and hermod can't see who he's fighting. a couple of concussive blasts here, a couple electrical blasts there and he's thrown out of the train. also hermod has no way of hurting aurora because he can't reach her, and none of his little projectiles would ever hit her, and she could just blast them off track if she wants to. also he doesn't know where to throw anything to hit her. in the first 2 minutes of the fight it's already 2 against 4.
vindicator has tons of experience dealing with people like iron-man, and she's faced worse and come out on top. iron-man is still a man inside of a suit and his human body can't take heat of 500 degrees which vin can raise the temperature to in seconds. yes you showed scans of iron-man absorbing fire and heat energy...but in this scenario no fire or heat every is going top be touching the suit...so he has nothing to absorb. and i also doubt his absorbing skills because his armor has melted in the past on many occasions. it's just a matter of seconds/minutes before tony passes out due to the heat. after he's out he's thrown off the train as well. also it's doubtful that tony will be able to damage vindicator because she is invisible, surrounded by two force-fields, and can counter any sonics/blasts with her own.
thunderstrike is a bit more tricky..but with the combined help of phantazia, aurora, mimic, and eventually vindicator he's definitely going down.

stormfront13
It absorbs heat (or infra-red energy)... it doesn't have to have flames touching the armour

it absorbs something that has no form? doesn't make much sense, it's be like trying to absorb air.

well...either way one energy blast through them and yuou've figured out which one is real

and yet vertigos powers aren't that powerful, and can be blocked by will power and can't go through force-fields

the electrical fields aren't being used against charcoal. there is the reason as to why he wouldn't be able to see. and why would a god be able to see them unless they actually had that ability? anyway, i have a new stragety up.

Scoobless
NEW STRATEGY...sort of.

PREP: phantazia, and aurora power mimic up. and right before the fight starts phantazia cloaks every one in the invisibility field.

at the very beginning of the fight, mimic unleashes the optic blast, which is still powered up but not to the extent it was before. it Marjory distracts and damages the other team. hermod and charcoal were more than likely taken out, and thunderstrike is damaged. also i'm assuming tony is in a force-field and the force-field would have been weakened. don't forget that three medium to high level optic blasts levelled galactus in exiles. so a powered up one is not to be taken lightly.
anyway...hermod was weakened so aurora uses her speed and reaction time to go at him while vindicator rushes iron-man, tony goes after thunderstrike, and phantazia takes charcoal.
now if charcoal wasn't taken out then he was very weakened. one bio-blast which would disable his powers and one force-field push off the train would be enough to take him out. keep in mind it only takes one blast to do this and she is full capable of this while still surrounding her teammates. after she takes out charcoal she just assists everyone else with bio-blasts which do damage to the opponent, disables their powers, and disables their body as well all at once if she wills it to.
now the blast probably definitely took out hermod and if it didn't, then it severely weakened him. auaora is just as fast as him...but the difference here is that he doesn't have the room to maneuver where as aurora has the whole sky to fly around in. another disadvantage is that aurora has two very powerful long ranged attacks, can blind hermod, and hermod can't see who he's fighting. a couple of concussive blasts here, a couple electrical blasts there and he's thrown out of the train. also hermod has no way of hurting aurora because he can't reach her, and none of his little projectiles would ever hit her, and she could just blast them off track if she wants to. also he doesn't know where to throw anything to hit her. in the first 2 minutes of the fight it's already 2 against 4.
vindicator has tons of experience dealing with people like iron-man, and she's faced worse and come out on top. iron-man is still a man inside of a suit and his human body can't take heat of 500 degrees which vin can raise the temperature to in seconds. yes you showed scans of iron-man absorbing fire and heat energy...but in this scenario no fire or heat every is going top be touching the suit...so he has nothing to absorb. and i also doubt his absorbing skills because his armor has melted in the past on many occasions. it's just a matter of seconds/minutes before tony passes out due to the heat. after he's out he's thrown off the train as well. also it's doubtful that tony will be able to damage vindicator because she is invisible, surrounded by two force-fields, and can counter any sonics/blasts with her own.
thunderstrike is a bit more tricky..but with the combined help of phantazia, aurora, mimic, and eventually vindicator he's definitely going down.

Your team isn't invisible

Iron Man's armour can take any heat you can dish out

Charcoal won't be affected by your electrical "bio-blast"

Galactus was not taken out by optic blasts

Cyclops blast loses power over distance, at 1 mile half Cyclops level blast will be nothing more than an irritant to TS... especially as it will lose even more energy with everything it hits on the way through the train

Hermod and Charcoal would not have been damaged by this blast as they're behind two extremely durable beings

Asgardians wont be affected by this electrical "bio-blast" as their powers are magical in nature

Using any of your own sonic weapons wont protect you from IM's

Scoobless
it absorbs something that has no form? doesn't make much sense, it's be like trying to absorb air.

More like absorbing a radiant form of energy... which is what it does

well...either way one energy blast through them and yuou've figured out which one is real

And once you've figured out one is fake you move on to the next one of ten, the first one moves and you're not sure which ones you've checked... then the real one knocks you out

and yet vertigos powers aren't that powerful, and can be blocked by will power and can't go through force-fields

I said similar to Vertigo's powers... in that they cause disorientation by affecting the inner ear... you may be able to stay conscious but your aim will be screwed up... and you may throw up..... a lot

sick

the electrical fields aren't being used against charcoal. there is the reason as to why he wouldn't be able to see. and why would a god be able to see them unless they actually had that ability? anyway, i have a new stragety up.

The only way you can claim an electrical field wielding mutant can render herself invisible to others is to directly affect them with her powers.... if she can't do that (which she can't here) then she can't appear invisible to him

Why would a god be affected in the same way as a human by an electrical field when they have insanely better resistance against electrical and radioactive energies?

Blair Wind
guess the semis are all gonna be a lil slow eh?

DarkCrawler

well with Northstar he never once attacked anyone with superspeed punches, i see no reason to accept that he would suddenly be able to do it now with an almost identical power

Yes, he did. He once attacked Hulk, Sasquath (not sure about that one) and Paulie Provenzano with them.

So SF is right about that.

King_Mungi
Yes, he did. He once attacked Hulk, Sasquath (not sure about that one) and Paulie Provenzano with them.

Yeah, by doing so hurt the Hulk, Sasquatch and even against Ravanger landed a thousand blows in a second. With his super punches he even knocked out Paulie Provenzano

Actually there are many other scenes when he did this skill, he even destroyed a spaceship by doing this.

Scoobless

you got an issue number?

King_Mungi
you got an issue number?

Sasquatch
1. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/AlphaFlight12-19.jpg

Hulk
1. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/AF29.jpg

Ravanger
1. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/Two-in-One084_22.jpg

Paulie
1. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/UXM392_16.jpg
2. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/UXM392_17.jpg

Aurora attacking Weapon X director ]
1. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/Image005.jpg
2. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/Image006.jpg

Scoobless
Sasquatch
1. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/AlphaFlight12-19.jpg

Hulk
1. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/AF29.jpg

Ravanger
1. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/Two-in-One084_22.jpg

Paulie
1. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/UXM392_16.jpg
2. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/UXM392_17.jpg

Aurora attacking Weapon X director ]
1. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/Image005.jpg
2. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/Image006.jpg

I'm talking about Mimic, not Northstar.... Mimic never once used superspeed to attack anyone.... other than a straight line flying tackle

stormfront13
um...everyone I'm sorry about this but it's not going to be a very entertaining match. the "family business" that i had to take care of last week was my grandmothers funeral, which was last Saturday. I'm not 100% over it and I'm the only one in my family who can take enough time off work to take care of my grandfather . as some people say once your "soul-mate" is gone...you lose all will to do anything. I haven't been trying at all, and the only reason i keep posting is in hope it will take my mind off the situation. anyway...I'm NOT giving up, because i hate doing that, I'm just going to let everyone look at the teams and strategies that we had in this and last matches and vote on who they think will win. i don't think I'll really be posting after this so good luck scoob, I'd imagine your winning this round and i hope you go on to win the finals.

Scoobless
um...everyone I'm sorry about this but it's not going to be a very entertaining match. the "family business" that i had to take care of last week was my grandmothers funeral, which was last Saturday. I'm not 100% over it and I'm the only one in my family who can take enough time off work to take care of my grandfather . as some people say once your "soul-mate" is gone...you lose all will to do anything. I haven't been trying at all, and the only reason i keep posting is in hope it will take my mind off the situation. anyway...I'm NOT giving up, because i hate doing that, I'm just going to let everyone look at the teams and strategies that we had in this and last matches and vote on who they think will win. i don't think I'll really be posting after this so good luck scoob, I'd imagine your winning this round and i hope you go on to win the finals.

Damn man...... the worst thing i have to worry about is if i make it to the gym on time

I hope your Grandfather gets through this ok... it must be hell

sad

Blair Wind
.......sorry to hear about that. My grandfather died the same day I won against Ill.....

but say you hope he wins the finals!? thats........mad

leonidas
too bad, good luck to your grandfather. i'm, also not entirely sure scoob WAS winning. seems reasonable that TS or hermod wouldn't have been able to see your guys to me -- when has an asgardian been able to see 'differently' from regular humans? and you MAY have been able to convince some that IM was affected by phantazia.

anyway, you certainly got more important matters on your plate. good luck with it and well done. you were certainly holding your own here. wink

DarkCrawler
I hope you grandfather is going to be alright, man. sad

You have done good job this far.

Scoobless
too bad, good luck to your grandfather. i'm, also not entirely sure scoob WAS winning. seems reasonable that TS or hermod wouldn't have been able to see your guys to me -- when has an asgardian been able to see 'differently' from regular humans? and you MAY have been able to convince some that IM was affected by phantazia.

It's like a court room.... it's all about reasonable doubt.... Asgardian eyes are different because an Asgardian God can look directly into the sun with no damage, their entire biology is different, so either an electrical field would not affect their vision or it would have to be an entirely different electrical field than you'd use on humans or post/meta-humans

Also the fact that they are magical beings has always granted them far higher resistance to all forms of radiant energies.... even electromagnetism

leonidas
still, i'd need to see specific examples of something that thor could see but cap couldn't or something that blinded cap but not thor. neither can see the invisible woman for example. i personally couldn't name any instance to back up what you're saying.

Scoobless
still, i'd need to see specific examples of something that thor could see but cap couldn't or something that blinded cap but not thor. neither can see the invisible woman for example. i personally couldn't name any instance to back up what you're saying.

I'm not claiming he can see invisible people.... I'm saying his physiology is so different that electrical fields that effect humans wont have the same affect on gods

SF's characters aren't actually becoming invisible, they are trying to affect the eyes of my team so that they can't see them by use of an electrical-based powerset

leonidas
okay, for the sake of just keeping this alive (you ARE authority rabble, after all! big grin ), i'd need to see some proof that an electrical field works differently on an asgardian than on a human. i know both have been harmed by electricity, and i don't think you can say an asgardian's eyesight is . . . magic-based. there is no evidence to suggest such.

in a court of law as you said earlier, i'd need evidence of this difference in physiology that you are claiming that would allow them to be somehow immune to this effect. being able to look into the sun (??) isn't such a convincing case . . .

Scoobless
being able to look into the sun (??) isn't such a convincing case . . .

It is when you do it in space with no eye protection

Scoobless
i'd need evidence of this difference in physiology

Different Physiology:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/669/exiles0220156ud.th.jpg

I'll need to go look for something that shows specific electrical durability or resistance feats

grey fox
Different Physiology:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/669/exiles0220156ud.th.jpg

I'll need to go look for something that shows specific electrical durability or resistance feats

Damn Mj looks ugly with short hair....

But yeah i think the sun thing settles it.

Your eyes work by filtering light through various spectrum and sending this information to your brain , staring at something beyond your spectrum (IE the sun) will weaken the electrical nerves within your eyes causing shortsightedness .

Thor can look directly at the sun in space , his eye nerves are uber strong .

leonidas
Originally posted by grey fox
Damn Mj looks ugly with short hair....

But yeah i think the sun thing settles it.

Your eyes work by filtering light through various spectrum and sending this information to your brain , staring at something beyond your spectrum (IE the sun) will weaken the electrical nerves within your eyes causing shortsightedness .

Thor can look directly at the sun in space , his eye nerves are uber strong .

that may be the case, but they are still nerves, and they still run on electrical impulses. as such, they should still be susceptible to the kind of electrical manipulation sf was attempting. unless as scoob says he can find some instance whereby he shows asgardians are immune or at least resistant to electricity.

of course, this is all just for the hell of it as scoob is already advancing. still, never hurts to keep scoob on his toes! wink

grey fox
that may be the case, but they are still nerves, and they still run on electrical impulses. as such, they should still be susceptible to the kind of electrical manipulation sf was attempting. unless as scoob says he can find some instance whereby he shows asgardians are immune or at least resistant to electricity.

of course, this is all just for the hell of it as scoob is already advancing. still, never hurts to keep scoob on his toes! wink

Very true.

Scoobless
no expression.................. damn you all!

I can show scans of Thor using Lightning to save Hogun's (of The Warriors Three) life.... acting as a type of defibrillator

Using lightning on a human or most post/meta-humans, especially repeated strikes, would fry them

leonidas
er, humans can be defibbed . . .

and it looks like scoob was lucky it was sf and not leo this round . . . shifty

JLAKMC RULES!! big grin

Scoobless
er, humans can be defibbed . . .

Not with lightning bolts they can't:

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/4258/lightning14ta.th.jpg http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/429/lightning23ef.th.jpg

And even top surgeons haven't got a clue what to make of Asgardian biology:

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/1079/surgeon7vp.th.jpg

leonidas
hulk can be defibbed with lightning as well . . . he's not asgardian.

anyway, i'll stop pestering you now. big grin like i said earlier, i just think the outcome of phantazia's influence WAS a bit in question and sf still had a chance.

you and bw should be a good match. good luck. wink

stormfront13
well i put my gramps to sleep and i have like 10 minutes of free time before i'm going to sleep(it was a stressful day) so here are a few things. i'm not addressing everything because i only skimmed.

1) a bio-blast is not electrical, therefore everyone on your team is vulnerable to that attack. if it was electrical it wouldn't have ever affected storm or knocked her out.

2) I'm not turning invisible by affecting your teammates, that was to make them go blind. phantazia is just using a cloaking field around her teammates which makes them invisible. it's like an invisible woman force-field type thing where it can be invisible and a force-field at the same time.

3)iron-man is susceptible to heat. Vs. the Melter and Firebrand the armor was melted, and major circuits were fused together. a few times Tony almost got cooked as well.

4)phantazia will have some affect on iron-man. yes he dishes out emp's, but that does not mean he is immune to them...just resistant. think of it this way. if i shot you, would that suddenly make me immune to getting shot? no....however i could be wearing a bullet proof vest but being shot still does damage even in a vest.

5)have you ever seen the scan where cyke destroys a sentinel a well as an entire forest? now with more power, and releasing it right away do you honestly think that charcoal and hermod would still be standing? no...they are the least durable on your team and would definitely be taken out.

stormfront13
the edit button ran out...so anyway

hermod is too closed in to use any attack advantage against aurora. however aurora has the whole sky as well as three powerful long range attacks. also charcoal is not that useful either. a couple bio-blasts and he's taken out and pushed off the train. this is only if they are not taken out by the first attack, which after the first attack everyone is at least weakened. basically it's 2 against four in the first 2 minutes.

Dizzle
^^ This is dedication. SF, if nothing else, you're insanely hardcore. Condolences to you, and props for still, among everything else, finding time to post. Well done.

Blair Wind
Ya man, I know how you feel (my grandfather died the day I won to ill) and its hard to battle sometimes, but it gets my mind off things. Hope you and your gramps are ok and keep up the good work for as long as you can!! thumbsup

oh and keep up the good work too you quagmire lover evil face

stick out tongue

Scoobless
1) a bio-blast is not electrical, therefore everyone on your team is vulnerable to that attack. if it was electrical it wouldn't have ever affected storm or knocked her out.

How can it possibly not be electrical? her powers are all electrical, it says so in both the profiles you submitted

2) I'm not turning invisible by affecting your teammates, that was to make them go blind. phantazia is just using a cloaking field around her teammates which makes them invisible.

I can't remember if you showed any scans for Phantazia's "invisibility".... if you have one can you post (or re-post) it.

You are now saying she casts a cloaking field around them... but you have Mimic and Aurora flying top speed to attack..... if this field is supposed to keep them covered then it would have to stretch over a mile in diameter.... which would take a hell of a lot of effort, probably cause holes in the field, weaken Phantazia (PZ from now on)..... and it would cover my team as well

Other than that there still really is no way you can be sure PZ's abilities to cloak herself will effect any member of my team for the variety of reasons i gave earlier

3)iron-man is susceptible to heat. Vs. the Melter and Firebrand the armor was melted, and major circuits were fused together. a few times Tony almost got cooked as well.

Firebrand's heat is so much more than anything you have access to that it's not even funny..... i'll put up a scan in a little while..... but basically he can vaporise huge amounts of earth and rock instantly.

4)phantazia will have some affect on iron-man. yes he dishes out emp's, but that does not mean he is immune to them...just resistant. think of it this way. if i shot you, would that suddenly make me immune to getting shot? no....however i could be wearing a bullet proof vest but being shot still does damage even in a vest.

No... bad analogy.... if you had said:

"I shoot myself in the head with no damage does that mean i'm immune to being shot?"

.....then it would have been a lot closer... and the answer would be yes (probably..... unless you're Hammerhead)

EMPs are omni-directional..... if you're going to emit one from an electronic device, that device would have to be hardened against them to continue functioning.... like IM's armour does

5)have you ever seen the scan where cyke destroys a sentinel a well as an entire forest? now with more power, and releasing it right away do you honestly think that charcoal and hermod would still be standing?

Yes!

First, Mimic only has half Cyc's power and i'm still unconvinced that he can absorb electricity.... can anyone back you up on that? scans, in English, would be nice

Second, Charcoal is diamond hard and super strong (class 50ish) he can take it... especially when IM's field would take the brunt, Hermod is behind everyone else and has godly resistance to injury... he'll be fine

hermod is too closed in to use any attack advantage against aurora. however aurora has the whole sky as well as three powerful long range attacks. also charcoal is not that useful either. a couple bio-blasts and he's taken out and pushed off the train.

Hermod's too fast fro her long range attacks... she'll have to come in close to fight

"Bio-blasts" are electrical, Charcoal's completely non-conductive they won't do a thing to him

DarkCrawler
I can get the Cyclops absorbing electricity scan in a hour...

DarkCrawler
...or in a minute.

Here it is:
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/50/feat15cn.gif

So, basically, he can absorb lightning, but large amounts cause him pain. erm

Scoobless
Ok, cool.... so his blast powered a machine that gave those guys back their light (or something)

Seems the effort drained the hell out of him ... smile

If you do that with Mimic he can still only get up to IM's level of energy blast at the max.... but starting out from only half Cyclop's power i doubt it would get that high.... either way it's nothing my shields can't handle..... and it appears that Mimic would be useless after that first blast.... for at least ten minutes or so

It's a good thing that Thunderstrike can blast that powerful all day long without tiring or draining his energy supply

evil face

stormfront13
^^ This is dedication. SF, if nothing else, you're insanely hardcore. Condolences to you, and props for still, among everything else, finding time to post. Well done.

thanks... I'm just hoping that posting will take my mind off of the situation.

thanks, i finally got him to see some of his friends today. ever since the funeral all he's wanted to do is sit around, look at old photos, and watch old home movies. i feel very bad for him, i just hope seeing his friends makes him feel better.

no, it states she manipulates electro-magnetic fields. her bio-blast is an energy form that isn't electrical. yes, she manipulates em fields but that doesn't mean all she can do is play with electricity and such.

no, your misunderstanding, she's placing a specific field around the individuals on her team. not one over the whole battlefield, just round her teammates.

vin has the same amount of power at her hands also

im's armor is just resistant to emp's, not immune, he's been shown to be affected by them in the past.

and powered up by electricity would make it equal in power and more than likely surpassed.

charcoal has been hurt by energy attacks easy in the past, and even though hermdo is still standing behind someone he can still be hit, and hermod can still be hurt by energy attacks, he isn't uneatable.

not when your attacks move at the speed of light

their not electrical, their a form of energy that is different from electricity. i don't have the scan to prove it, but if it were electricity it would have never knocked storm out in one hit.

actually no, with healing factor and endurance he wouldn't be drained.

this would only power mimic up, if he keeps releasing an optic blast continually as thunderstrike hits him it would never really drain him.

anyway, it is still going to be 2 on 4 in the first 2 or 3 minutes of the fight.

Scoobless
no, it states she manipulates electro-magnetic fields. her bio-blast is an energy form that isn't electrical.

Yes it is... all her powers are electrical

no, your misunderstanding, she's placing a specific field around the individuals on her team. not one over the whole battlefield, just round her teammates.

And you also said your team is splitting up... so for her to keep the field around them it will have to cover everywhere they go

vin has the same amount of power at her hands also

As Firebrand?.... she's not even close

im's armor is just resistant to emp's, not immune, he's been shown to be affected by them in the past.

Which is why he's improved his armour to be extremely resistant.... electro-girl wont be a problem

and powered up by electricity would make it equal in power and more than likely surpassed.

I doubt it.... even if it did there are still caps on power output.... and it'll totally drain Mimic leaving him useless for a while

charcoal has been hurt by energy attacks easy in the past

Not often.... and never by electricity

this would only power mimic up, if he keeps releasing an optic blast continually as thunderstrike hits him it would never really drain him.

So now your claiming Mimic can absorb Asgardian magical blasts as well? ... confused

anyway, it is still going to be 2 on 4 in the first 2 or 3 minutes of the fight.

yeah.... Mimic drains himself and TS blasts the hell out of Aurora

stormfront13
Yes it is... all her powers are electrical

prove it, magneto also gets his powers from manipulating em fields, but people don't consider all of his powers electrical/magnetic, he has powerful energy powers as well. and if all her powers were electrical then why was she able to knock out storm so easily.

yes, they are splitting up but as i said she is putting an individual field around each of her teammates.

i was referring to the whole melting the earth statement. you said he was so powerful he could melt pieces of the earth instantly, and i responded that vindicator could also do that. either was tonys suit has melted from opponents weaker than firebrand.

he's not as resistant as your making him out to be, his suit has been shut down several times in the past. she can at least weaken him enough so that he can't absorb heat.

mimic wouldn't be drained, he still has the whole healing factor, and endurance thing that cyclops didn't.

enough that we know he would be severely weakened if not taken out by a wide-range optic blast

i thought you meant that ts would strike mimic with lightning, which mimic could absorb. either way he wouldn't know where to blast, and it wouldn't get through the two force-fields.

nope, both mimic and aurora are in powerful force-fields and invisible, how would TS know where to strike. anyway, both hermod and charcoal are taken out by the optic blast or by phantazia and aurora.

grey fox
prove it, magneto also gets his powers from manipulating em fields, but people don't consider all of his powers electrical/magnetic, he has powerful energy powers as well. and if all her powers were electrical then why was she able to knock out storm so easily.

yes, they are splitting up but as i said she is putting an individual field around each of her teammates.

i was referring to the whole melting the earth statement. you said he was so powerful he could melt pieces of the earth instantly, and i responded that vindicator could also do that. either was tonys suit has melted from opponents weaker than firebrand.

he's not as resistant as your making him out to be, his suit has been shut down several times in the past. she can at least weaken him enough so that he can't absorb heat.

mimic wouldn't be drained, he still has the whole healing factor, and endurance thing that cyclops didn't.

enough that we know he would be severely weakened if not taken out by a wide-range optic blast

i thought you meant that ts would strike mimic with lightning, which mimic could absorb. either way he wouldn't know where to blast, and it wouldn't get through the two force-fields.

nope, both mimic and aurora are in powerful force-fields and invisible, how would TS know where to strike. anyway, both hermod and charcoal are taken out by the optic blast or by phantazia and aurora.

But for this 'wide range' optic blast to be effective your hitting your teammates, and didn't you say earlier on that their was no invisibility forcefields. A retcons been used methinks.....

stormfront13
But for this 'wide range' optic blast to be effective your hitting your teammates, and didn't you say earlier on that their was no invisibility forcefields. A retcons been used methinks.....

no, the optic blast is going on while my teammates are still behind me. mimic is unleashing it the second the fight starts. i don't recall ever saying that there was no invisibility forcefields, if i did, then i was wrong because she can

xmarksthespot
...or in a minute.

Here it is:
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/50/feat15cn.gif

So, basically, he can absorb lightning, but large amounts cause him pain. erm And he can't store it for long periods of time. But he can do it.

Although interestingly people were saying in the Cyke vs. Storm thread that this doesn't conclusively prove he can do it.

In any event Mimic is not Cyclops, he has half his ability, and he'd only have the opportunity to be charged up in such a manner in prep, right before the fight start, at which point he would only have a single opportunity to fire it.

stormfront13
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
In any event Mimic is not Cyclops, he has half his ability, and he'd only have the opportunity to be charged up in such a manner in prep, right before the fight start, at which point he would only have a single opportunity to fire it.

which is what is going to happen. also, in new avengers tonys armor was pierced by a single sword, my team can definitely take him.

stormfront13
http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ironmanv1059159xs.jpg

here's the scan...one blast and his armor is severly weakened. a couple blasts, and his armor is done. i already posted the scan where vindicator melts very durable metal bars in less than a second.

Scoobless
prove it, magneto also gets his powers from manipulating em fields, but people don't consider all of his powers electrical/magnetic

You prove that it isn't, it's your character and your bios that say her powers are electrical

All of Magneto's powers do stem from his control of magnetism

and if they move she has to expand the field to keep them covered.... these fields can't exist independently of her

i was referring to the whole melting the earth statement. you said he was so powerful he could melt pieces of the earth instantly, and i responded that vindicator could also do that.

I said "vaporise" ..... not melt ..... Firebrand is in another league altogether when it comes to heat projection

IM's suit can handle way more than Vindicator's

No she can't because her invisibility trick wont work and she'll get taken out early..... and it's not like IM is just going to wait around and see how much heat he can take... he's going to blast the sh!t out of your team

which is why i only said he'd be drained for ten minutes.... he's still going to be exhausted

we know that? why don't you post a scan showing it or something similar... or at least give an issue number? i've shown him taking energy blasts with no problems so far:

Ice Blast:

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/1737/cheat01b2qp.th.jpg

Concussive Blast:

http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/31/cheat039az.th.jpg

Sound Blast:

http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/2519/cstrength019hq.th.jpg

Electrical & Concussive Blasts:

http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/7/cversatility01b8sr.th.jpg

Some type of Blast that was designed to take him down:

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/9697/cversatility051le.th.jpg

Lightning Strike:

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/1418/cdurability02b6ot.th.jpg

I thought you meant that ts would strike mimic with lightning, which mimic could absorb. either way he wouldn't know where to blast, and it wouldn't get through the two force-fields.

HE would know because he can see your team..... and i'm pretty sure it would get through your force fields.... it got through IM 2020's field easily enough:

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/1396/thunderstrikeim20203co.th.jpg

Scoobless
which is what is going to happen. also, in new avengers tonys armor was pierced by a single sword, my team can definitely take him.

PIS events aren't allowed here..... and that is one of the biggest cases of PIS in recent years

http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ironmanv1059159xs.jpg

here's the scan...one blast and his armor is severly weakened. a couple blasts, and his armor is done. i already posted the scan where vindicator melts very durable metal bars in less than a second.

good thing that he's using a vastly improved armour that makes that old one look like a rusty can opener

grey fox

Pis , that sword should have bounced off of tony's armour like a breadknife on a brickwall.....

stormfront13
You prove that it isn't, it's your character and your bios that say her powers are electrical

All of Magneto's powers do stem from his control of magnetism

you can't prove that the boi-blast is electrical either, your guessing. if the bio-blast was electrical, then it wouldn't have knocked out storm in one hit. and yes, magnetos powers stem from his ability to control magnetism...that was my point. he can still use other types of energy attacks even though his powers are based on magnnetism.

if they move, the field moves with them...i've already said this.

prove it won't work. we both know his suit has been disabled in the past and there is no reason phantazia could stay hidden from his sensors consdiering no sensor has even been able to track her before. IM probably won't sit around, but when he can't tell where my team is and they are all packed in twop force-fields, it's doubtful he's going to hit anything.

no he's not, because he isn't using the same amount of power

hw could he see the team? honestly, you haven't provided anything to say he could. also, none of the blasts were similar to the bio-blast.

grey fox
you can't prove that the boi-blast is electrical either, your guessing. if the bio-blast was electrical, then it wouldn't have knocked out storm in one hit.

Bio blasts can be one of two things , chemical blasts or electrical blasts. The scan shows an electrical blast . Therefore it is a Bio-electric blast.

...and how is storm suddenly immune to electricity hmm ?

Blair Wind
she always has been hasnt she? I mean shes immune to her powers......right? confused

grey fox
she always has been hasnt she? I mean shes immune to her powers......right? confused

Not that i know of. That holds as much weight with me as the 'cyclops can absorb electricity to power himself' bullshit.

....and that scan was a load of crap too , from a decade when they thought you could ride in a spaceship powered my magnetic rays....

King_Mungi
Grey stop commenting on the battle, why did I get a hard time when I did the same thing?

grey fox
Grey stop commenting on the battle, why did I get a hard time when I did the same thing?

I'm a judge, i see a fault. I have yet to see one in Scoobs argument .

King_Mungi
I'm a judge, i see a fault. I have yet to see one in Scoobs argument .

So was I, yet I got yelled at. Leave it to stormfront and Scoobs to debate.

grey fox
So was I, yet I got yelled at. Leave it to stormfront and Scoobs to debate.

.....Come on !!!!

I wouldn't usually but Sf's argument is so full of holes cant help but comment. Plus ( I'm not trying to argue with you Km ) what you were doing was pointing out what characters full showings are capable of, i'm pointing out the blatantly obvious flaws within his tactics and his mis-information.

King_Mungi
.....Come on !!!!

I wouldn't usually but Sf's argument is so full of holes cant help but comment. Plus ( I'm not trying to argue with you Km ) what you were doing was pointing out what characters full showings are capable of, i'm pointing out the blatantly obvious flaws within his tactics and his mis-information.

Your not even suppose to comment, stormfront needs to iron out some points but it is still possible for him to do it. Also no I pointed out a comment that Aurora didn't have super reflexes, and when I showed scans she did I got yelled at. I never EVER made comment about the actual battle plans, just commented on what the people actually could do and yet I still got yelled at. I can point out flaws in Scoobs tactics, but I won't since it's up to stormfront.

grey fox
Ok ,ok i wont comment anymore. It's just all this stupid crap over whether a blast is bio-electric or not is annoying......

King_Mungi
Ok ,ok i wont comment anymore. It's just all this stupid crap over whether a blast is bio-electric or not is annoying......

Well Feedback's bio-electric attacks were said to be different than Guardian's electromagnetic attacks. So it's not crap, let stormfront talk it out.

grey fox
Well Feedback's bio-electric attacks were said to be different than Guardian's electromagnetic attacks. So it's not crap, let stormfront talk it out.

...and they are just as i pointed out.

Bio is from the body, electromagnetic is man-made. Problem solved.

King_Mungi
...and they are just as i pointed out.

Bio is from the body, electromagnetic is man-made. Problem solved.

Not entirely, Guardian doesn't make it he actually channels the electromagnetic field already in place. The suit just harnasses, then later as a cyborg he made EM energy on his own. It's *** for tat, but depends on the character.

leonidas
i'd like a little clarity in regards to scoob's offense. charcoal and hermod are hiding and so not doing much. what are ts and im doing after the optic blast and how are you defending it scoob? scoob is all defense it seems. just wondering what your attack plans are . . .

stormfront13
Bio blasts can be one of two things , chemical blasts or electrical blasts. The scan shows an electrical blast . Therefore it is a Bio-electric blast.

...and how is storm suddenly immune to electricity hmm ?

storm has been resistant, almost immune to electricity her whole life. she has never been fully knocked out by anything even remotely close to electricity...well at least I'm almost positive she hasn't. considering she can manipulate electricity, absorb it, and is almost immune to it, then she wouldn't have been knocked out by a bio-blast if it were electrical.

he said that he's going to blast me, but he hasn't answered how he will find me to blast, and it's not even certain that the blast would affect me because i have two forcefields around each of my characters.

Scoobless
you can't prove that the boi-blast is electrical either

She has electrical powers, she calls it a bio blast because either it's bio-electricity or it's designed to effect bio-electricity

If she only has electrical powers what exactly do you think it is?

if they move, the field moves with them...i've already said this.

So you're claiming an electrical field can exist when completely cut off from it's power supply?

prove it won't work.

prove that it does.... i've already given plenty examples of Iron Man using and being unaffected by electrical and electromagnetic attacks

no he's not, because he isn't using the same amount of power

he isn't using the same amount of power because he can't reach the same level of power as Cyclops.... he's still overloading his own optic blast capability and it will still drain his energy

hw could he see the team? honestly, you haven't provided anything to say he could.

Yes i have.

I've pointed out the vast differences in human and Asgardian physiology and that the Asgardians have greatly superior resistance to electricity (which is exactly what your "bio-blast" is)

no.... Cyclops's once asked Xavier that exact question when they had crashed near the north pole. Xavier told him that it may have been the most stupid thing Cyclops had ever said.... i have the comic.... i'll scan it tomorrow

i'd like a little clarity in regards to scoob's offense. charcoal and hermod are hiding and so not doing much. what are ts and im doing after the optic blast and how are you defending it scoob? scoob is all defense it seems. just wondering what your attack plans are . . .

Yeah, i posted that way back at the start

TS and IM open up with a continual blasting pattern while CC and Hermod stay behind them for cover

Once line of sight is established (which it will be as the invisibility thing definitely wont work on Iron Man and is extremely doubtful on the rest of my team) hitting targets will get a lot easier

Mimic will be severely drained from his strenuous overloading of the optic blast leaving him a sitting duck for a few pulse bolts

Hermod is fairly out of his element as everyone else can fly, so he'll be finding and throwing debris at the opposition focusing on Aurora ... mainly for distraction but a train door thrown at mach speeds can definitely KO some of SF's guys

Charcoal will be going for Phantazia, as IM will tell him to, as he is effectively invulnerable to her electrical fields and he can do whatever he wants to her

TS will be making sure Mimic stays down by crushing his skull

Iron Man will take on Vindicator ..... if he doesn't beat her by the time Mimic is dead then an enchanted mace to the back of the head should give them the win

If Aurora and Hermod are still messing about at this point then a crossfire from IM, TS and CC will quickly "subdue" her

Scoobless
it's not even certain that the blast would affect me because i have two forcefields around each of my characters.

Two very weak force fields against the two most powerful firepower users in the tournament

Scoobless
Ok..... i'm gone for the night

be back tomorrow... i'll try to remember that X-Men scan about Storm's immunity (or rather her lack of immunity)

stormfront13
She has electrical powers, she calls it a bio blast because either it's bio-electricity or it's designed to effect bio-electricity

If she only has electrical powers what exactly do you think it is?

she doesn't only have purely electrical powers. how does affecting electricity turn you invisible. yes, she manipulates em fields, but the outcome of that power is different. if her powers were purely electrical she wouldn't have been able to defeat storm.

how is it getting cut off from it's power supply? you haven't provided anything to say it would be.

and I'll say it again, he's not getting attacked with anything electrical or electromagnetic.

why wouldn't he be able to when he's being powered up? there's no reason he couldn't

actually no, when he used that much energy, it was the amount of energy that a star had, the amount of power I'm using isn't even close to what I'm using. combine that with the superhuman durability and endurance as well as his healing factor and he won't be overloaded at all

yes, they are so different but there is no reason that they can see invisible opponents, asgardians are affected by invisible woman. and the bio-blast isn't electricity either..her powers aren't fully electrical.

yeah, please do because that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard. it's basic common knowledge that storm is very resistant verging on immune to the affects of weather.

both TS and IM won't be able to see any of my team. phantazia and aurora fly over and engage charcoal and hermod in battle.

honestly, why would an asgardian be able to see someone invisible? because they have different anatomy? yeah, so do animals but do you also think they can see something that is invisible? and there's really no reason that it wouldn't work on iron-man because he isn't getting attacked by anything electrical.

Ive already explained why he wouldn't be drained

hermod won't know where to throw any of the debris to hit aurora, and she'll easily be able to dodge anything.

phantazia also goes after charcoal. she's invisible so he won't know where to attack so she just basically throws him off of the train by a force-field.

which would have no absolute way of happening as mimic is invisible, moves at mach speeds, is inside two force-fields, and is made of metal.

look, charcoal and hermod are taken out in the first 2 minutes. hermod is just hit multiple times by concussive blasts which he would have a very hard time dodging because they move at the speed of light, and charcoal is thrown off the train by a force-field. TS and IM can't take all my characters at once when they are invisible, and have two powerful force-fields around them. and the force-fields arn;t weak, they are like magneto's which has taken hits from minjor.

leonidas
magneto level shields? blink

proof? confused

stormfront13
and even if the whole invisibility thing doesn't work both vindicator and aurora and mimic can blind them.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/A_Flight2/AlphaFlight113-13.jpg

stormfront13
magneto level shields? blink

proof? confused

whoops, yeah i don't know why i posted that...they are not the same power level, but they are jyst the same energy

xmarksthespot
storm has been resistant, almost immune to electricity her whole life.IIRC Her lightning was redirected at her by Magneto and when she was hit she injured.

stormfront13
IIRC Her lightning was redirected at her by Magneto and when she was hit she injured.

yes, the power was enhanced though and she wasn';t knocked out, just severly hurt. her skin was literally burning. she's never been fully knocked out by electricity, so how could phantazias bio-blast be very electrical if it knocked storm out in one hit?

stormfront13
okay...I'm going to change my strategy again sort of. everything stays the same except mimic isn't absorbing any electricity and he isn;t unleashing an uber powerful blast at the beginning. this way he isn't tired or anything at all. mimic goes after thunderstrike, vindicator goes after iron-man, aurora goes after hermod, and phantazia after charcoal.

charcoal gets take out first because all it takes is a force-field to put him off the train. hermod doesn't have the room to use his speed, and any object he throws wouldn't do anything because he can't see where to throw, and it wouldn't make it through the force-field. honestly, both charcoal and hermod have nothing to really bring to the table.

with vin and iron-man, once again vin is in the shield/cloak, so iron-mans human body won't be able to see her, and no technology has ever been able to see her, even future technology. some of the sensors might get little glimpses of her but not enough to actually be able to get an accurate shot on her. she just batters him with tons of rock/earth/hardened lava, combined with lava, and an acid blast. now lava can easily reach over 2,000 degrees, that would definitely do damage to IM's suit, now combined with the other heat from the acid, and the brute force of the rock and iron-man is going down in time.

basically it's just phantazia and mimic VS thunderstrike, and aurora and vindicator VS iron-man.

xmarksthespot
yes, the power was enhanced though and she wasn';t knocked out, just severly hurt. her skin was literally burning. she's never been fully knocked out by electricity, so how could phantazias bio-blast be very electrical if it knocked storm out in one hit? It wasn't enhanced.

stormfront13
It wasn't enhanced.

a while back when questioned Claremont said it was enhanced by magneto as a desperate attempt to stop from suffocating. either way if it wasn't enhanced it doesn't matter because storm has effortlessly absorbed Thor's lightning, so if she can easily absorb Thor's electricity, then why wouldn't she be able to absorb phantazias electricity? exactly, Eileen's bio-blast isn't electricity.

xmarksthespot
a while back when questioned Claremont said it was enhanced by magneto as a desperate attempt to stop from suffocating. either way if it wasn't enhanced it doesn't matter because storm has effortlessly absorbed Thor's lightning, so if she can easily absorb Thor's electricity, then why wouldn't she be able to absorb phantazias electricity? exactly, Eileen's bio-blast isn't electricity. Because she couldn't absorb her own. It wasn't enhanced.

stormfront13
Because she couldn't absorb her own. It wasn't enhanced.

and as i said i can't prove that claremont said i went on to other examples...anyway, we both know storm is highly resistant to lightning/electricity.

xmarksthespot
When does she absorb Thor's lightning?

There are two instances of her succumbing to an electrical attack. The one from Magneto, and the one from... Phantazia.

stormfront13
When does she absorb Thor's lightning?

There are two instances of her succumbing to an electrical attack. The one from Magneto, and the one from... Phantazia.

contest of champions 2, both of them easily absorbed one another's lightning. the instances where she has proved invulnerable to lightning out-way when she doesn't. just because one of her powers includes manipulating em fields, does not mean all her powers are electrical. either way it doesn't matter because the strategy was changed and phantazia isn't using the bio-blast on charcoal.

King_Mungi
Come on now guys, how come I got chirped at for doing the same thing? X leave the debating between Scoobs and stormfront

grey fox
Come on now guys, how come I got chirped at for doing the same thing? X leave the debating between Scoobs and stormfront

Meh , maybe they hate Canadians wink stick out tongue

King_Mungi
Meh , maybe they hate Canadians wink stick out tongue

I guess I'm low on the totem pole here, yesh! Mungi had drinks tonight, now Mungi sad sad Mungi not like being sad

grey fox
I guess I'm low on the totem pole here, yesh! Mungi had drinks tonight, now Mungi sad sad Mungi not like being sad

Awww it's ok *Pats mugni on back* your still the foremost on Alpha flight.

King_Mungi
Awww it's ok *Pats mugni on back* your still the foremost on Alpha flight.

but no body cares about Alpha FLight, Mungi shouldn't have Molsen Canadian and Crown Royal sad Mungi regret this in the morning.

grey fox
See now this is why i think alcohol is the devils piss......

King_Mungi
See now this is why i think alcohol is the devils piss......

Yeah I got to work in the morning so should be interesting.

grey fox
Yeah I got to work in the morning so should be interesting.

.....very laughing

Scoobless
Ok..... i'm gone for the night

be back tomorrow... i'll try to remember that X-Men scan about Storm's immunity (or rather her lack of immunity)

Here we go:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3356/storm17bz.th.jpg http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2246/storm27wn.th.jpg

Storm is not "immune" to her own powers.... that would include electricity.... especially when her body has no time to prepare for it

Phantazia's "bio-blast" is electrical!

Scoobless
how is it getting cut off from it's power supply? you haven't provided anything to say it would be.

no expression............. -sigh-

YOU are the one claiming it would be:

I said that PZ has to keep the field around them which means it has to cover the area between her and whoever she covers

YOU said that she doesn't do that, she just keeps the person covered without maintaining a field going from herself around them

and I'll say it again, he's not getting attacked with anything electrical or electromagnetic.

Then he must not be being attacked by Phantazia.... because that's all her powers are:

http://www.mutanthigh.com/phantazia.html

"Powers & History: Phantazia projects a bio-electric field"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantazia

"powers Manipulation of the electromagnetic spectrum"

even the bios you posted stated all her powers were electrical

smile

actually no, when he used that much energy, it was the amount of energy that a star had, the amount of power I'm using isn't even close to what I'm using.

The level of energy is irrelevant, it's the fact that he overtaxes his own powers that matters

...and it was not the level of energy a star had... that's just YOUR interpretation of one single scan.... all i saw was him powering up one machine, that machine then lit up

yes, they are so different but there is no reason that they can see invisible opponents, asgardians are affected by invisible woman. and the bio-blast isn't electricity either..her powers aren't fully electrical.

Yes, PZ's powers are ALL electrical, according to every single bio on the web and the few scans you have shown yourself

As Asgardians are affected differently by electricity to humans you have no way to prove that she will appear invisible..... it's a complete and total stretch of logic to say it would

yeah, please do because that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard. it's basic common knowledge that storm is very resistant verging on immune to the affects of weather.

Already posted them.... but here they are again:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3356/storm17bz.th.jpg http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2246/storm27wn.th.jpg

Seems your basic level of knowledge is the most foolish thing Xavier has ever heard

stick out tongue

both TS and IM won't be able to see any of my team.

Yes they will

honestly, why would an asgardian be able to see someone invisible? because they have different anatomy? yeah, so do animals but do you also think they can see something that is invisible? and there's really no reason that it wouldn't work on iron-man because he isn't getting attacked by anything electrical.

Yes he is, she is not invisible she's attempting to fool her target's eyes/brain into not registering her..... it's completely different

Ive already explained why he wouldn't be drained

You were wrong then and you're wrong now!

phantazia also goes after charcoal. she's invisible so he won't know where to attack so she just basically throws him off of the train by a force-field.

She's not invisible and Charcoal will kick her ass!

which would have no absolute way of happening as mimic is invisible, moves at mach speeds, is inside two force-fields, and is made of metal.

He's not invisible and he's totally drained... the guy's a sitting duck.... and your force-fields are uber-weak

Scoobless
contest of champions 2, both of them easily absorbed one another's lightning.

Thor never used Lightning in that fight because he didn't want to hurt her, he threw his hammer away so he could take her out as gently as possible

Scoobless
charcoal gets take out first because all it takes is a force-field to put him off the train.

I call bullshit!

laughing out loud

you do realise Charcoal can fly?.... right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

with vin and iron-man, once again vin is in the shield/cloak, so iron-mans human body won't be able to see her, and no technology has ever been able to see her

Prove it... the only tech you've shown her even remotely affecting is Guardsmen suits (which may as well be sold for scrap metal for all the good they ever do)

.....and Pyro's flamethrower control switch.... which isn't exactly highly shielded (that's a euphemism for saying it's a worthless sack of sh!t compared to Iron Man)

Scoobless
I decided to do a little research on AoA Aurora..... did you know she only appears in two scenes?

This is the entire extent of power she displays:

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/3136/aoaaurora19iy.th.jpg

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/948/aoaaurora26gf.th.jpg

The ability to fly (and not very fast by the looks of it)

The ability to make her hand glow

&

The ability to get hit by a car that isn't moving fast

any other power you argue for her having is pure fantasy.... she never did one other thing in the entire AoA

smile

leonidas
so, what does everyone think about scoob's guys not being able to see? i'm kinda leaning towards hermod and ts NOT being able to see them. sorry scoob, (seriously, no bias intended) i know you think it logical, but i'm still not buying it. their eyes have nerves that can be affected electrically.

im and charcoal however i feel CAN see, but i'm not sure whether those 2 would be enough. am i looking at this all wrong? just looking for how others are seeing this at the moment. oh, and i'm not a judge for this fight, just one of the little people so it's not like my opinion really matters in this . . .

Scoobless
Thunderstrike (the Mace) absorbs energies directed at TS and protects him from radiation and the extreme conditions of space travel

Also, this:

their eyes have nerves that can be affected electrically.

Is not a fact... you're just guessing that their eyes work the exact same way ours do.... even though they are far, far more resilient and are part of a mystical creature brought to life by mystical energies....

There really is no solid reason to believe that they are the same as humans at all, or that they will be affected by these little electrical "bio-blasts"

stormfront13
Thor never used Lightning in that fight because he didn't want to hurt her, he threw his hammer away so he could take her out as gently as possible

no, he used lightning...i have the comic sitting rigt in front of me

yes, and their tewchnology was very advanced, and she has also easily shut down cables future technology in their fight.

why would charcoal be able to see? i still have no clue as to why he would. yes...some of IM's sensors might get glimpses of my characters but why would charcoal? yes, we already know he is resistant to electricity...but he isn't getting attacked by anything electrical.

yes...and repeated throw offs and hard-light blasts would have him stay down.

Scoobless
no, he used lightning...i have the comic sitting rigt in front of me

he does not

yes, and their tewchnology was very advanced

Guardsmen?.... laughing out loud

They're third rate to even supervillain standards

laughing out loud

why would charcoal be able to see? i still have no clue as to why he would. yes...some of IM's sensors might get glimpses of my characters but why would charcoal? yes, we already know he is resistant to electricity...but he isn't getting attacked by anything electrical.

So Phantazia isn't trying to stop him from seeing her then? because that would be an electrical attack!

yes...and repeated throw offs and hard-light blasts would have him stay down.

If he wasn't fighting back and you had as many shots as you wanted.... maybe it would work..... but it wont here

Blair Wind
this battle confuses me confused

Scoobless
this battle confuses me confused

Which part?

no expression

Blair Wind
phantazia part......and the train rules, which no one seems to be using to their advantage....

grey fox
phantazia part......and the train rules, which no one seems to be using to their advantage....

Hey I'd comment but I'm afraid of Mugnis's drunken Canadian wrath *Cowers under Soul Edge*

illadelph12
I haven't really been following this battle. Let me get caught up.

stormfront13
he does not

yes he does...she attacks him...he laughs attacks, she absorbs it as well...then she charges at him(pretty courageous for a woman with normal strength and human durability) they are locked...he kisses her and sucks the air out of her and she falls unconscious. anyway, this is irrelevant now.

hey, i didn't write the comic

no, she still turns invisible, but by wrapping herself in a cloaking field, same as invisible woman would. he isn't getting attacked by electricity in anyway.

all she does is pick him up in a force-field and drop him off, and aurora then shoots hard-light blasts. either way he can't see so he wouldn't know where to attack anyway.

all phantazia is doing is putting a cloaking field around herself and her teammates. the cloaking field acts as a force-field as well as turns her teammates invisible to scoobs team.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>