Oscar Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silver_tears
A whole thread dedicated to our friend Oscar.
Feel free to discuss winners, losers, fashion, unexpected twists etc.

diva

BackFire
Here's rooting for Crash for Best Picture. But I definately wouldn't complain if Brokeback won.

Also I'd be very happy if Phillip Seymore Hoffman won, about time he's getting recognition. Though, I'd also be happy if Heath Ledger or Joaquin Phoenix win.

powerfulone1987
I want Brokeback Mountain to win.

I want Felicity Huffman to win.

I want Terrance Howard to win.

is it comprehensible.....

Flavio
Im rooting for Phillip Seymour Hoffman as actor, Michelle Williams for Best supporting actress, Felicity Ruffman as Actress and Ang Lee for Director.

Oh and Salma Hayek is the hottest so far, she looks perfect droolio

silver_tears
George Clooney's won best supporting, so that's 0 so far for Brokeback.

Morgoths_Wrath
what is Ben Stiller doing?

Flavio
King Kong = Best Visual Effects...

Morning_Glory
Rachel Weiz just won happy woot... i think there is already an Oscar thread in the general discussion embarrasment

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Flavio
Im rooting for Phillip Seymour Hoffman as actor, Michelle Williams for Best supporting actress, Felicity Ruffman as Actress and Ang Lee for Director.

Oh and Salma Hayek is the hottest so far, she looks perfect droolio

I wan phillip seymour hoffman to win too.. but I want Reese to win best actress

LonDon06
I hope that....

BEST PICTURE
Brokeback Mountain

ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
Heath Ledger -- Brokeback Mountain
OR
Joaquin Phoenix -- Walk the Line

ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
Jake Gyllenhaal -- Brokeback Mountain

WRITING (ADAPTED SCREENPLAY)
Brokeback Mountain -- Larry McMurtry & Diana Ossana

FILM EDITING
The Aviator -- Thelma Schoonmaker
OR
Finding Neverland -- Matt Chesse

COSTUME DESIGN
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory -- Gabriella Pescucci
OR
Memoirs of a Geisha -- Colleen Atwood

ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

VISUAL EFFECTS
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe -- Dean Wright, Bill Westenhofer, Jim Berney, Scott Farrar

SOUND MIXING
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
OR
Memoirs of a Geisha

DIRECTING
Ang Lee -- Brokeback Mountain

ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
Felicity Huffman -- Transamerica
OR
Keira Knightley -- Pride & Prejudice

ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
Michelle Williams -- Brokeback Mountain

MAKEUP
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe -- Howard Berger, Tami Lane
OR
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith -- Dave Elsey, Annette Miles

Morning_Glory
ok

Flavio
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
I wan phillip seymour hoffman to win too.. but I want Reese to win best actress

she's likely 90% to win it, everybody is betting on Reese...
and well, i liked Rachel Weisz too, she deserved...
Brokeback just won its first too...

powerfulone1987
Um.. Reese is far from being 90% to win it.

It's very close between Felicity and Reese.

Felicity will win it though.

Morning_Glory
Joaquin Phoenix is so cute - he took his mom (again) happy

Flavio
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
Um.. Reese is far from being 90% to win it.

It's very close between Felicity and Reese.

Felicity will win it though.

well, Reese won...

Morning_Glory
Woot! Reese won eek!

powerfulone1987
Boo Reese.

I wanted Felicity to win.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Flavio
well, Reese won...
yes she..........wrongfully won.

Morning_Glory
what?

powerfulone1987
what? i'm just being a sore loser, don't mind me.

Morning_Glory
Im just so happy that Phillip Seymor Hoffman won... but I would have been happy too if Joaquin Phoenix won too...

powerfulone1987
You got Reese, be happy.

Morning_Glory
i am

powerfulone1987
I despise you.

Nobody I wanted to win, won.

is it comprehensible....

Morning_Glory
confused It's not over yet... Brokeback Mountain is going to win best pic

KillTheLight
Just letting people know that joaquin should have won sad seriously as a major fan it's such a huge blow and big disappointment that he didnt erm no hard feeling towards PSH..but I still think Joaquin deserved it more.

BackFire
Crash wins

powerfulone1987
confused It's not over yet... Brokeback Mountain is going to win best pic cry

it........didn't.............wwiinnnn............

bawling

Flavio
only Philip and Ang Lee won from my faves aww

Morning_Glory
cry

it........didn't.............wwiinnnn............

bawling

blink have you seen Crash??, I was hoping so bad that Crash would win but didn't think it had a chance against BBM. Im so excited that Crash won, it deserved it more

happy

botankus
My big winners: Wallace & Gromit and March of the Penguins. I have alot of Netflix-ing to do!

tdestiny8
Does anyone know how to find a video of Reese's acceptance speech? I would love to watch it. Missed the show last night.

powerfulone1987
blink have you seen Crash??, I was hoping so bad that Crash would win but didn't think it had a chance against BBM. Im so excited that Crash won, it deserved it more

happy

No I haven't seen it.

Morning_Glory
well go rent it blink it's really good

BackFire
Indeed it is, definately deserved best picture.

sweetness
I have not seen the Oscars yetno2

Morning_Glory
... it's over.

powerfulone1987
Maybe they recorded it.

I can't see myself going out to Rent this movie.

Plus, I don't rent movies anymore. I can't even remember the last movie I rented.

Morning_Glory
blink ok...it's worth renting

silver_tears
so buy it

powerfulone1987
blink ok...it's worth renting
stop making that smiley, you're making it seem as if I'm stupid.

Originally posted by silver_tears
so buy it

I buy all my movies, but I don't see myself buying this movie. It doesn't appeal to me and I have no idea what it's about besides everday struggles or something. I've even seen a trailer for it on a DVD and I still got nothing from it.

KharmaDog

His smilies don't make it seem as though you are stupid, you do that on your own.

It doesn't appeal to me and I have no idea what it's about besides everday struggles or something. I've even seen a trailer for it on a DVD and I still got nothing from it.

There's a fine example of my previous observation. How can you know that something does not appeal to you when you don't even know what it is about? It's rather a cyclical argument that really doesn't lend to much enlightenment.

I suggest you see the movie. If you see this movie and don't go away thinking about it for a while than you are either an idiot or without conscious. This film has resonance.

It is well written and well filmed. The actors play their roles with a sincerity that not only furthers the plotline, but also speaks to the viewer. Crash is a film, not a movie, and I'm glad (though very surprised) it won.

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by KharmaDog
His smilies don't make it seem as though you are stupid, you do that on your own.

There's a fine example of my previous observation. How can you know that something does not appeal to you when you don't even know what it is about? It's rather a cyclical argument that really doesn't lend to much enlightenment.

I suggest you see the movie. If you see this movie and don't go away thinking about it for a while than you are either an idiot or without conscious. This film has resonance.

It is well written and well filmed. The actors play their roles with a sincerity that not only furthers the plotline, but also speaks to the viewer. Crash is a film, not a movie, and I'm glad (though very surprised) it won.

Im not a "HE" happy

botankus

And we all like MG and her smiley, too. In fact, it's probably the smiley I use the most around here. Having to deal with the immaculate ineptitude of some of these forums each and every day, I've got that blink smiley on speed dial.

.Dance_Inside.

I buy all my movies, but I don't see myself buying this movie. It doesn't appeal to me and I have no idea what it's about besides everday struggles or something. I've even seen a trailer for it on a DVD and I still got nothing from it.

omg! please stop saying "is it comprehensible" !

.Dance_Inside.
and..

Joaquin - SHOULD HAVE WON BEST ACTOR! mad
Reese - I'm so happy she won..I actually jumped out of my seat and started singing hehehe
Crash - I'm so happy it won over Brokeback Mountain - I really didn't like Brokeback mountain at all.

Piggle Humsy
blink

I only just saw the Oscars because stupid sky bought all the rights again this year and I don't have sky and so I had to get a friend to tape it! miffed
Me and my sis would always get in some junk food and stay up all night to watch it live but stupid sky ruined that for us!! mad

anyways.... *takes deep breathe*

I am SO glad Crash won Best Film! danceemo

I was exactly the same... apparently I said I wanted to see it ages ago when I saw a clip of it.. this is according to my sister but when I watched the trailer on the dvd before watching it I couldn't remember ever seeing anything about it and it didn't look appealing to me at all.. how wrong I was! this film was so amazingly brilliant in everyway, the way it was shot, the casting, the storylines and how they bled into each other... really blew me away!
so I urge you to at least give it a go.. it really is worth it. yes

back to the oscars... I thought Reese looked so elegant and she made a really good speech.. I was worried she was going to be played out but she escaped that.. laughing out loud

this year had a few good surprises in it which was really enjoyable.
I was pretty happy with most of the results. thumb up

Son_Of_Krypton
yesterday's event was such a predictable one....

Morning_Glory
yesterday?

botankus
You declared you weren't a "HE" yesterday...that's about all I can think of. blink

Morning_Glory
uh huh... Im not a he blink

botankus
blink right back at ya.

Morning_Glory
confused

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
blink

I only just saw the Oscars because stupid sky bought all the rights again this year and I don't have sky and so I had to get a friend to tape it! miffed
Me and my sis would always get in some junk food and stay up all night to watch it live but stupid sky ruined that for us!! mad

anyways.... *takes deep breathe*

I am SO glad Crash won Best Film! danceemo

I was exactly the same... apparently I said I wanted to see it ages ago when I saw a clip of it.. this is according to my sister but when I watched the trailer on the dvd before watching it I couldn't remember ever seeing anything about it and it didn't look appealing to me at all.. how wrong I was! this film was so amazingly brilliant in everyway, the way it was shot, the casting, the storylines and how they bled into each other... really blew me away!
so I urge you to at least give it a go.. it really is worth it. yes

back to the oscars... I thought Reese looked so elegant and she made a really good speech.. I was worried she was going to be played out but she escaped that.. laughing out loud

this year had a few good surprises in it which was really enjoyable.
I was pretty happy with most of the results. thumb up
you know what?

I'm going to BUY this movie and give it a try, plus the fact that it's coming back to theathers might mean I might take a little detour to the movies.

Morning_Glory
you HAVE to see Crash

powerfulone1987
I WILL.

And I thank you for not making that smiley towards me. I must have said something you liked.

Morning_Glory
ok

powerfulone1987
alrighty then.

Morning_Glory
blink

powerfulone1987
dots

silver_tears
well I am personally a little disgusted they're bringing it back, kinda ruins it for me

Piggle Humsy
you know what?

I'm going to BUY this movie and give it a try, plus the fact that it's coming back to theathers might mean I might take a little detour to the movies.

woohoo
clapping

why? confused

silver_tears
it's a money grabbing thing that pisses me off.
if they had left it how it was it would have been something special, but now every tom, dick, or harry will go see it just because it won an oscar, and then agree with whatever everyone else is saying about it, like how unbelievably good it is, instead of forming an opinion for themselves.
this is like sideways all over again.

Piggle Humsy
Originally posted by silver_tears
it's a money grabbing thing that pisses me off.
if they had left it how it was it would have been something special, but now every tom, dick, or harry will go see it just because it won an oscar, and then agree with whatever everyone else is saying about it, like how unbelievably good it is, instead of forming an opinion for themselves.
this is like sideways all over again.

hmm... I can see your point.
but you could look at it in a good way.. that people like me who never managed to see it at the cinema but loved the film before the oscars will get to see it on the big screen... big grin

but I doubt that will make you feel any better about it...

erm

powerfulone1987
You can't blame them for wanting to obtain some money for this movie since it didn't exactly do that well the first go around.

Gotta do what you have to do.

botankus
I personally really don't care. Whatever it takes to take the slots of these god-awful horror remakes and Big Momma sequels we're suffering through.

silver_tears
I can understand your point PH, it's a very valid reason, but personally crash to me has this appeal because it was a darker unknown, with an amazing cast but wasn't publicized much which made it unique, instead of something like Harry Potter who's publicity is rammed down your throat. But hey whatever they choose to do it's still going to be an awesome film.

botankus
Saw Corpse Bride last night, and it was not as good as Wallace and Gromit, so I applaud the decision to give those hard working Brits the hardware.

Britrogue
Oi! You better not be slating the Brits! I'll come over there and give you a good slap! LOL

botankus
If you bring one bloody crumpet onto our soil, I'll be forced to counterattack with a bottle of Budweiser!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.